***Jury Recommends DEATH for Mark Sievers*** Penalty/Sentencing Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juror was googling jury rules. Came across a website with JRR on it. Closed webpage immediately.

I didn't even think they were supposed to research the jury rules. That they were supposed to listen to the judge only.

As to the other juror who had co-workers asking about it, I would have thought that all the jurors were telegraphed a very strong statement when this was brought up before. The co-workers should know better. Perhaps Human Nature to just comment on but not really asking about if you know what I mean.

Juror was googling jury rules. Came across a website with JRR on it. Closed webpage immediately.

I didn't even think they were supposed to research the jury rules. That they were supposed to listen to the judge only.

As to the other juror who had co-workers asking about it, I would have thought that all the jurors were telegraphed a very strong statement when this was brought up before. The co-workers should know better. Perhaps Human Nature to just comment on but not really asking about if you know what I mean.
One of JRR's witness' was supposed to be giving an interview, but I haven't seen it yet.

I woke up EARLY for this today. I'm NOT a morning person.

I too would like to see the juror interview and I cannot find a link to it.

Wait until you get to a certain age and you wake up at 4 in the morning, and just stay up LOL.

Can't wait to see Mark in that drab tan jumpsuit. Shackled.

Well this will be his last day(s) in a suit, ever, we can take heart from that. Mixed emotions for me with the DP, because of how it will affect the girls and impact their lives in years to come. For him, I couldn't care less.

On the 'bright side', MAG is less strained looking today. He isn't.

@Jake_Allen19
·
2m

The jury has entered the courtroom and the penalty phase of the #SieversTrial has begun.

2m

The judge is reading jurors the jury instructions.

53s

During the penalty phase, jurors will hear additional evidence and from more witnesses called by the defense and prosecution. Then the jury will have to decide if they should sentence Mark Sievers to death or life in prison without the possibility of parole.

@BrookeWINKNews
·
4m

We’ve already seen a range of emotion from Mark Sievers in courtroom 8A. At some points he’s laughing with his attorney, then he seems to be on the verge of tears. A jury will help decide his fate.. either life in prison or the death for the murder of his wife. #SieversTrial

ELbhX18W4AEcVna

ELbhX18XUAEvY5Y

@jbevis10
·
2m

The jury is here. The judge is instructing the jury on how they weigh and manage evidence from both sides today

@Jake_Allen19
·
1m

Judge tells jurors they must unanimously agree one aggravating factor has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt to sentence Mark Sievers to death.

@jbevis10
·
19s

These aren't jury instructions but just early explanation of what aggs/mits and what the level of proof is required. (Mitigating circumstances are not required to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.)

@Jake_Allen19
·
2m

For those who missed it, Mark Sievers was found guilty of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder last Wednesday. That's why we are back today for the penalty phase of the trial.

iNYjjZJo

Well this will be his last day(s) in a suit, ever, we can take heart from that. Mixed emotions for me with the DP, because of how it will affect the girls and impact their lives in years to come. For him, I couldn't care less.

On the 'bright side', MAG is less strained looking today. He isn't.
Why is he not in the jumpsuit? Will he be soon?

@Jake_Allen19
·
1m

The state will try to prove Mark Sievers planned the killing of his wife for pecuniary gain. That is a financial gain, Ross said.

@jbevis10
·
1m

ASA Cynthia Ross (clearly not feeling well) begins with state openings. They'll argue Sievers did this for pecuniary gain and did so in a premeditated manor. Those are the two aggravating circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper