Just one more day, mom...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't believe Casey ever intended to face anybody to explain what happened to Caylee. She thought she could stall her parents until Tony proposed and married her. As soon as that happened, "love" would magically make everything else go away. (Casey would wing it.)

How many MONTHS would it have taken for LE to be called IF Casey's smelly car hadn't been towed and George and Cindy notified?

Bold per me.

That's what gets me... The stupid car. If she were to try to cover anything, why didn't she take care of the smell in the car or even the car itself?

If her charade had gone on one more day, I imagine we would all just have that much more evidence to discuss. She had no plan... she woulda taken the whole thing as far and as long as anyone would let her.

She's really not all that bright.

Bold per me.

That's what gets me... The stupid car. If she were to try to cover anything, why didn't she take care of the smell in the car or even the car itself?

If her charade had gone on one more day, I imagine we would all just have that much more evidence to discuss. She had no plan... she woulda taken the whole thing as far and as long as anyone would let her.

I've said it before...IMO her original plan was to get rid of Cindy and George, get the house and bank accounts and live happily ever after. She had no clue there was no money and they were hanging onto the house by a thread. Casey would never leave Orlando. She was much too afraid of the unknown and let's face it, Tony and Fusian needed her! Better to stay put and use her "smarts" to "outwit, outplay, outlast" everyone, including LE. Watching CSI and Survivor sure didn't help her any. She really thought everyone would buy her dumb:behind: stories. Even though she had one wild imagination (or whatever you call her sick psyche), she had no sense of adventure. She could have used the money from Amy's bank account to join her friends in PR. IMO she didn't go because she was afraid to leave Orlando. For all her "popularity", she was one timid little mouse. Had she left town, the village would have been missing an idiot!

As for the car, Casey the genius thought if she tossed enough trash and a fabric softener sheet in the trunk it would take care of the smell. When that didn't work, I think she poured detergent in the trunk and possibly tried scrubbing it away. Nope, still stinks! Why not tell Amy "two dead squirrels climbed up under" wherever? Finally, after all her brilliant attempts at getting rid of the smell failed, she figured she'd dump the car and leave her purse behind with it. Surely everyone would think she and Caylee were kidnapped. And the smell?? Well, she already explained that in her text to Amy. I'm sure she was dumbfounded when Cindy dragged her out of Tony's demanding to see Caylee. She thought Cindy would be worried sick for her safety! But nooooo! Cindy only wanted to see Caylee! What about meeeeee??? I'm sure she's still :hopping_mad: about that as she sits in her cell munching on the snack of the day.

I'm so :eek:fftopic:now I think I made my way to another thread. Sorry!

I've always thought the same thing, why stay in the first place if she had murdered Caylee? Run to MH or wherever, if she didn't already have enough funds, she could easily have stolen more money to do this, surely, at Fusian or from roommates or elsewhere. The only explanation I could think of for staying (if she was guilty) would be if she were mentally ill enough that she didn't remember or realize that she had killed.

thanks for the great thread question, though, it's really interesting to think about :)

This one drives me nuts. She easily could have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids...I mean parents....What she should have done is tell her parents that she was taking her "mini-vacation" out to California to visit her friend. She goes to see him and decides she loves and it wants to stay. The schools are great, Caylee loves it, etc. She could have set up a PO box so Ca doesn't have the address and then just e-mail photo-shopped pictures of Caylee so nobody is suspicious. She could have gone on like this for months if not years. CA wouldn't have any legal right to get Caylee back and it's not that unusual for a child to move far away and the parents don't see them for years.

Yes there are some problems with this. She would have to think a little, which has proven to be a bit of a problem for her. She could have gone to the house when the parents weren't home and grabbed clothes for her and Caylee to make it look like they are going on vacation. She would have had to wait until AH went to PR to empty her account, yes it was only about $700 in the account but that would be enough for a plane or bus ticket plus a bit of spending money. Then you have the car to deal with, stage an accident and total it. She would then have to convince CA that Caylee was ok, sleeping at Zanny's but would stop by the next day before they leave, whoops they overslept and have to get to the airport ASAP so they don't miss the plane, "see ya when we get back". She could have told her friend in California that she gave CA custody of Caylee and that's what she needed to talk to him about.

Sorry so long and a bit off topic but I've been thinking about this for a while.

I've always thought the same thing, why stay in the first place if she had murdered Caylee? Run to MH or wherever, if she didn't already have enough funds, she could easily have stolen more money to do this, surely, at Fusian or from roommates or elsewhere. The only explanation I could think of for staying (if she was guilty) would be if she were mentally ill enough that she didn't remember or realize that she had killed.

thanks for the great thread question, though, it's really interesting to think about :)

She had no money.

I also agree. I think there are several reasons she didn't/couldn't leave.

1.No money. No immediate source of money. She had already emptied Amy's bank account. Had already taken what she could of her parents' and grandparents' money. She may have been waiting for an opportunity to have access to TL's money or his roomates' money.

2. No real life experience. Casey had never been on her own, supporting herself. I think she would have been overwhelmed by the thought of trying to start a life far away--having to WORK--not being able to sneak back to Mom and Dad's to steal food...etc. Much better to stay in her comfort zone.

3. Immaturity. I think she thought each guy she got involved with was THE ONE who would rescue her, support her financially, make her happy. During June and July of 2008, she had decided TonE was THE ONE. Moving away from him was out of the question.

4. BIG RED FLAG. Most importantly, Casey KNEW that if she left Orlando, (with Cindy thinking she had Caylee with her) Cindy would have been right behind her to get Caylee. It was much safer for her to pretend she was living her "normal routine" of going to "work" and dropping Caylee with the "Nanny."

I know it's hard to imagine that she didn't see that she'd get caught eventually--but she walked those LE guys ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THE HALL before she fessed up. She walked the "Caylee is with the nanny" story as far down the corridor as she could until she reached Cindy at the end of it in mid-July.

She would have used her one more day to go hide-out from Cindy at someone else's house.

also keep in mind she was also upset that LE didn't give her 24 hours......

OSCO should have given her one more day, I think she may have tried to get to Caylee and move her. Imagine her being caught red handed...case closed.

When Dets. Melich and Allen knew nothing KC said was credible, they should have called her bluff. Told her they will check out something else and be back. They could have let her know how nothing adds up and was she aware that lying to police was a crime. Tail her and let her lead you to Caylee...

That's the first thing that went through my mind when KC was arrested on July 16th...they should have given her ONE MORE DAY...:eek:

From one angle, KC can seem to be so transparent, then not so much. I give up. Maybe there was a big sale at Target the next day -- and she did have a little cash left in the wallet.
:waitasec:

I believe Casey wanted one more day to work out the rough edges of her story. She had lots of emails and phone numbers she knew she had to concoct. No way she could do that with CA and LE hovering over her. I see her as coming back one day later having a file folder of all information relating to Caylee's disappearance and thinking everyone would just believe it. This would further prove her statement that she was using her own means to try to find Caylee, in her own mind of course.

Casey was so unprepared which is why she uses phrases like "in a backwards sort of way". She hadn't had the time to fully prepare her story. She didn't think anyone was going to really come looking for her. And when they did, she was like a deer caught in headlights.

Completely OT here but maybe I can sneak in a question? Casey was a thief. She was pretty blatant about it. She'd steal from anyone who made the mistake of leaving a check around. I'm sure she took cash from people. I wonder if she was a shoplifter?

To keep this on the topic of this thread, even thought I don't think she was planning to leave Orlando...if she had one more day, would she have gone to Target for a five-finger discount on her "going away" outfit?

I've said it before...IMO her original plan was to get rid of Cindy and George, get the house and bank accounts and live happily ever after. She had no clue there was no money and they were hanging onto the house by a thread. Casey would never leave Orlando. She was much too afraid of the unknown and let's face it, Tony and Fusian needed her! Better to stay put and use her "smarts" to "outwit, outplay, outlast" everyone, including LE. Watching CSI and Survivor sure didn't help her any. She really thought everyone would buy her dumb:behind: stories. Even though she had one wild imagination (or whatever you call her sick psyche), she had no sense of adventure. She could have used the money from Amy's bank account to join her friends in PR. IMO she didn't go because she was afraid to leave Orlando. For all her "popularity", she was one timid little mouse. Had she left town, the village would have been missing an idiot!

As for the car, Casey the genius thought if she tossed enough trash and a fabric softener sheet in the trunk it would take care of the smell. When that didn't work, I think she poured detergent in the trunk and possibly tried scrubbing it away. Nope, still stinks! Why not tell Amy "two dead squirrels climbed up under" wherever? Finally, after all her brilliant attempts at getting rid of the smell failed, she figured she'd dump the car and leave her purse behind with it. Surely everyone would think she and Caylee were kidnapped. And the smell?? Well, she already explained that in her text to Amy. I'm sure she was dumbfounded when Cindy dragged her out of Tony's demanding to see Caylee. She thought Cindy would be worried sick for her safety! But nooooo! Cindy only wanted to see Caylee! What about meeeeee??? I'm sure she's still :hopping_mad: about that as she sits in her cell munching on the snack of the day.

I'm so :eek:fftopic:now I think I made my way to another thread. Sorry!

This is an awesome post, thanks. I have always seen KC as a VERY small town hick,who was good at conning her family and friends but if she went to L.A. and pulled some of that sh$t on strangers she would be in jail or dead in a few weeks. ( I am not saying everyone who lives in a small town is a hick, LOL, so dont jump on me, Im just saying KC was. ) She never really meant to run, I believe you when you say she thought she would outwit everyone, and still does, her and her parents. I just wish they had the moment when Yuri and John told her they were arresting her instead of taking her home that night, on tape. That was a HUGE defining moment for her I bet. I would have bought a ticket to see that.

As for "what about meeee", remember when GA was giving his stupid hand analogy, and he said he was missing 2 fingers, KC says in this baby voice, "I'm still here." That sure says it all. She really never imagined that anyone would value Caylee's life as much as they did, including the public.

Completely OT here but maybe I can sneak in a question? Casey was a thief. She was pretty blatant about it. She'd steal from anyone who made the mistake of leaving a check around. I'm sure she took cash from people. I wonder if she was a shoplifter?

To keep this on the topic of this thread, even thought I don't think she was planning to leave Orlando...if she had one more day, would she have gone to Target for a five-finger discount on her "going away" outfit?

Having been in retail for years I have seen a lot of shoplifters, and I dont think that was her style. She stole $$$$$ from loved ones. She probably thought shoplifting was too risky, LOL.

Haha, wait, I one more thing to say, about why KC would never have run. She was not even functioning in society, really. Working and college give you life skills that have nothing to do with book smarts. When I was her age I was a huge party girl, too, BUT, I managed to get thru college and was always employed. I learned how to relate to teachers and professors, guidance counselors, bosses and managers, and co-workers. She can't do any of those things. Bearing a child does not take skills. And we all know single moms who are freakin awesome, they work fulltime and go to school to better themselves and even have social lives while raisisng their kids mainly on their own. She basically was a parasite to the one person who loved her the most, CA. And she had the best bargaining chip she could have ever had, Caylee, a darling baby. But she would never have run because she couldn't survive without her mother, she has no life skills that aren't illegal.

Haha, wait, I one more thing to say, about why KC would never have run. She was not even functioning in society, really. Working and college give you life skills that have nothing to do with book smarts. When I was her age I was a huge party girl, too, BUT, I managed to get thru college and was always employed. I learned how to relate to teachers and professors, guidance counselors, bosses and managers, and co-workers. She can't do any of those things. Bearing a child does not take skills. And we all know single moms who are freakin awesome, they work fulltime and go to school to better themselves and even have social lives while raisisng their kids mainly on their own. She basically was a parasite to the one person who loved her the most, CA. And she had the best bargaining chip she could have ever had, Caylee, a darling baby. But she would never have run because she couldn't survive without her mother, she has no life skills that aren't illegal.

Bold is mine..

IMHO, this is how CA groomed her to be. She wanted her to appear to have life skills, a job, but kept her close, dismissing friends, boyfriends, delienating her accomplishments, berating & killing her self-esteem, until she was just that, a parasite , who lied her way thru everything to keep her mother quiet.

IMO CA's parenting kept KC, emotionally crippled, imprisoned, and numb, to the detriment & ultimate demise of Caylee.

Bold is mine..

IMHO, this is how CA groomed her to be. She wanted her to appear to have life skills, a job, but kept her close, dismissing friends, boyfriends, delienating her accomplishments, berating & killing her self-esteem, until she was just that, a parasite , who lied her way thru everything to keep her mother quiet.

IMO CA's parenting kept KC, emotionally crippled, imprisoned, and numb, to the detriment & ultimate demise of Caylee.

I am sure you are right, you almost feel sorry for her.....

Told CA she was going under cover for the CIA, and she would be back with Caylee when this very dangerous assignment was over. Please don't try to contact her, she has to maintain her cover to protect the family.

And they would of believed her.:crazy:

Bold per me.

That's what CA wanted to know. KC didn't keep to the script.

AD testified that she thought KC had not acted alone cuz she's not that smart.

You hit this right on the head. Why didn't KC just really WORK and really go to SCHOOL? I mean her BF was in school all day and I am sure all her friends worked as well, so while all her friends were at work and school - WHERE WAS KC?

What benefit did she gain by NOT actually working but lying about it? Do you realize how crazy it is for someone to pretend to work for two years? To pretend to attend college? To pretend to have a babysitter?

This girl would meet people, used them, disgard them. She was lazy and manipulative and got what she wanted by lying. She stole money and made grandois claims about herself rather than actually living them. She made for herself a nice imaginary world and she was very proud of her skills.

She had CA in the palm of her hand and STILL DOES. SHE IS STILL manipulating everyone in her circle.

Actually on the day of her arrest she was adamant about getting TL's phone number in order to call him and possibly "get to him first" to "keep him in her hands".

That woman lived on her cellphone so much so she didn't even have TL's number memorized, so believe it that there was NO OTHER PHONE and ZFG's number was never in either of these.

If KC was free she would go through her life meeting, using and disgard people, possible become increasingly dangerous as she runs into obstacles along the way. For example: TL moving back to NYC.

This is an awesome post, thanks. I have always seen KC as a VERY small town hick,who was good at conning her family and friends but if she went to L.A. and pulled some of that sh$t on strangers she would be in jail or dead in a few weeks. ( I am not saying everyone who lives in a small town is a hick, LOL, so dont jump on me, Im just saying KC was. ) She never really meant to run, I believe you when you say she thought she would outwit everyone, and still does, her and her parents. I just wish they had the moment when Yuri and John told her they were arresting her instead of taking her home that night, on tape. That was a HUGE defining moment for her I bet. I would have bought a ticket to see that.

As for "what about meeee", remember when GA was giving his stupid hand analogy, and he said he was missing 2 fingers, KC says in this baby voice, "I'm still here." That sure says it all. She really never imagined that anyone would value Caylee's life as much as they did, including the public.

On the other hand (pun intended), lets pretend for a minute that KC did not murder Caylee and that both she and GA know who did. Then consider that part of the whole scenario of this family is that KC has never felt truly loved or taken care of (safe) by her dad. Her response could be interpreted as a quiet cry out of her ongoing state of mind regarding her insecure relationship with GA. It doesn't matter if someone calls you beautiful and gorgeous all day long, you know if they're really there for you imo. Every girl wants to have a dad/man like that. Not having it to begin with is what sets a girl up to chase after it.

Lee said that GA is stubborn and tends to see things his own way.
Stupid is as stupid does.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches
Back