Justin Beiber victim of statutory rape?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is what a legal expert says:

We turned to “Rising Star” award-winner Matthew P. Krupnick, Esq., from Krupnick and Krupnick (www.greatLAlawyers.com) to get the answers!

If Ms. Yeater was over 18 and Justin was under 18, then there is a potential issue of statutory rape charges. That is a criminal matter, however. With regards to his rights in Civil Court, he has potential claims for defamation of character, slander, libel, intentional infliction of emotional distress, extortion, etc..

http://www.celebuzz.com/2011-11-16/...ter-over-paternity-suit-legal-expert-answers/

Whether that accountability will still include legal action remains unclear. However, according to family law attorney Vicki Ziegler, even though the suit has been dropped, Bieber still has options. "He can still sue for defamation [because] for weeks his reputation was tarnished, but he must prove actual damages. That may be a bit difficult though, i.e. sales drops of his music, receiving hate email, less appearances."

Yeater's lawyers, Lance Rogers and Matt Pare, have also reportedly dropped her as a client and will not represent her in any further legal action.
"Bieber can still sue for all of the prior legal actions, but the dismissal was a smart legal move to demonstrate her wrongdoing by alleging Bieber was the father of her child," Ziegler tells MTV News. "I think Bieber's camp should send a message to other copycats alike to be forewarned that if a false allegation is made it will be met with a strong legal challenge."

Ziegler notes that Yeater now finds herself in a Catch-22 situation because if she admits to falsely accusing the star, she also acknowledges lying under oath. In a signed affidavit, Yeater claimed that she had unprotected sex with Bieber backstage following the singer's October 25, 2010, concert at Los Angeles' Staples Center resulting in her pregnancy.

Asked what she would advice Yeater to do, Ziegler says, "I may ask Yeater to apologize to Beiber and his fans for falsely accusing him and acknowledging her wrongdoing. But if she does that she's admitting to perjury or lying under oath in her complaint for paternity."

Ultimately, Bieber's decision to pursue further action will hinge on whether he wants to send a message that he will not tolerate false allegations being brought against him. "Beiber can turn this whole nightmare into an awareness matter for celebs and young people," Ziegler says.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/11/16/justin-bieber-paternity-suit-dropped-mariah-yeater-legal-options/

How would you feel if some woman accused your son of fathering a baby during 30 second bathroom sex?

If it were my son and it wasn't true, like Jusin, he'd simply prove it.

Why would I care if it weren't true and my son could prove it wasn't true? :waitasec: I don't live my life worrying about what other think or say and I raise my son not to worry about it either. I simply live my life honestly & with integrity, treat others with dignity and respect.

If it were my son and it wasn't true, like Jusin, he'd simply prove it.

Why would I care if it weren't true and my son could prove it wasn't true? :waitasec: I don't live my life worrying about what other think or say and I raise my son not to worry about it either. I simply live my life honestly & with integrity, treat others with dignity and respect.

And so it's perfectly fine to make all kind of allegations against him, and he should just keep on proving those allegations are not true?

And so it's perfectly fine to make all kind of allegations against him, and he should just keep on proving those allegations are not true?

I never said it was fine. I am not condoning her behavior in anyway, shape or form. I believe she has issues that would best be dealt with in another arena, not in a courtroom.

Motherly instinct to protect your child?

He was 16.

I know I would be LIVID if this sort of false claim was made about my child.
Especially if my child's career was dependent on parents of other children buying his products and concert tickets.

What she did is disgusting!
She knew what she was doing. Trying to get money.
She is not a victim.

Whether that accountability will still include legal action remains unclear. However, according to family law attorney Vicki Ziegler, even though the suit has been dropped, Bieber still has options. "He can still sue for defamation [because] for weeks his reputation was tarnished, but he must prove actual damages. That may be a bit difficult though, i.e. sales drops of his music, receiving hate email, less appearances."

Yeater's lawyers, Lance Rogers and Matt Pare, have also reportedly dropped her as a client and will not represent her in any further legal action.
"Bieber can still sue for all of the prior legal actions, but the dismissal was a smart legal move to demonstrate her wrongdoing by alleging Bieber was the father of her child," Ziegler tells MTV News. "I think Bieber's camp should send a message to other copycats alike to be forewarned that if a false allegation is made it will be met with a strong legal challenge."

Ziegler notes that Yeater now finds herself in a Catch-22 situation because if she admits to falsely accusing the star, she also acknowledges lying under oath. In a signed affidavit, Yeater claimed that she had unprotected sex with Bieber backstage following the singer's October 25, 2010, concert at Los Angeles' Staples Center resulting in her pregnancy.

Asked what she would advice Yeater to do, Ziegler says, "I may ask Yeater to apologize to Beiber and his fans for falsely accusing him and acknowledging her wrongdoing. But if she does that she's admitting to perjury or lying under oath in her complaint for paternity."

Ultimately, Bieber's decision to pursue further action will hinge on whether he wants to send a message that he will not tolerate false allegations being brought against him. "Beiber can turn this whole nightmare into an awareness matter for celebs and young people," Ziegler says.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/11/16/justin-bieber-paternity-suit-dropped-mariah-yeater-legal-options/

BBM & RED

Thank you. That's what I said.

Yeah she has "issues" all right.

I never said it was fine. I am not condoning her behavior in anyway, shape or form. I believe she has issues that would best be dealt with in another arena, not in a courtroom.

I think it's up to him how he wants to deal with it. Considering that if those allegations are not true, he would be the "wronged party."

I'm on Tapatalk and can not see what is bolded or in red.

here ya go.

"but he must prove actual damages. That may be a bit difficult though, i.e. sales drops of his music, receiving hate email, less appearances."

I think it's up to him how he wants to deal with it. Considering that if those allegations are not true, he would be the "wronged party."

You're absolutely right.

But he's not here on this thread, I am and I have more than 2 cents. :crazy:

here ya go.

"but he must prove actual damages. That may be a bit difficult though, i.e. sales drops of his music, receiving hate email, less appearances."

Difficult to prove does not mean it didn't happen.

I've heard several people say things like "JB got some girl pregnant" "JB is not a good role model."

I can guarantee there are A LOT of parents that have scratched that JB CD off if their child's Christmas list because of this crap.
Sometimes all it takes is an accusation to do major damage to a celebrity's paycheck.

You're absolutely right.

But he's not here on this thread, I am and I have more than 2 cents. :crazy:

But he is the victim.
No matter how you look at it.

Either he is a victim of slander or he is a victim of rape.

So suing her is the answer? And you hope he does? Hmmm.

I think if I were in Justin's shoes, when the paternity test came out proving he wasn't the father, I would offer her help like a good shrink and job training. But that's just me.

I want to make sure I get this straight. If you were in Justin's shoes and this total stranger accused you of fathering her baby, you would first prove that you weren't the father then would reward her by paying for what you thought she needed? A shrink and job training? And the next time she thought she needed something, wouldn't she feel she had your attention and could go to you for help?

So the next one that came along (and there would be a next one) if they were homeless, would you pay for a shrink for them and a new house?
Maybe the next one needed a car, and should I go on?

I'm sorry but I disagree. If he wants to reward a total stranger, turn to someone on the street. But not to the person who lied against him, whether it was done due to criminal activity or mental illness. But even if she is ill, to give her further attention from her target is to encourage her in her delusions and to encourage others to do the same thing she did.

http://m.tmz.com/article_head.ftl?i...11/11/22/justin-bieber-dna-baby-mama-silence/

Justin Bieber -- Alleged Baby Mama ... RADIO SILENCE

The woman who claimed to be Justin Bieber's baby mama is running for the hills, because we've learned neither she nor her lawyer have made ANY attempt to contact Justin's team to compare his DNA with her baby's.

Justin took a DNA test in New Jersey last Friday, and sources connected with the singer say he's chomping at the bit ... waiting for Mariah Yeater to ante up her baby's DNA results. But so far ... crickets.

Sources connected with Justin believe Yeater will never produce DNA results, because it will simply become ammunition for a lawsuit he intends to file against her and her lawyers for abuse of legal process.

***GEAUX team Bieber!!!

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=Abuse+of+Process

Abuse of legal process:
The use of legal process to accomplish an unlawful purpose; causing a summons, writ, warrant, mandate, or any other process to issue from a court in order to accomplish some purpose not intended by the law.

***yep! She did that too!
This woman is TOAST!
And her attorneys that filed the bogus suit!!!!

Now I'm wondering...

Since she started this ball rolling by filing a paternity suit, I wonder if the court could make her bring the baby to be tested?

IMO she shouldn't be allowed to just drop this and go on her merry way.

"I think it's important to hold people accountable for their actions," Braun said in an "Extra" interview with Maria Menounos November 18.

"At the end of the day, we could shy away from it but I think it's important not only for [Bieber] but for all the people in his position to make a statement that it's not cool," he continued.

"He's trying to be a role model and you're not going to come in and just slander him and walk away and everything's fine ... We're going to let people know that if we have to defend ourselves, there's going to be consequences to their actions," he added.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/en...dna-test-to-clear-his-name-in-paternity-case/

I think some of you are missing a small point here....

Let"s lay JB DOES sue this nutty woman, and let's say he wins, what exactly is going to get from her?! She lives on welfare; welfare cannot be garnished. Yes, he could sue, but what would he gain??? It would be throwing good money after bad.

Yes, he is the victim here, no question about it. Sometimes the courts are NOT the answer. A demand for a public apology, a restraining order perhaps, but other than that there really isn't anything to gain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleausky
Back