JVM 7-6 ZFG files defamation suit against KC

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Casey was served with this lawsuit back in September 2008; or is this something new?
I understood because she had no $ they would wait to see the outcome of her trial and then decide how to proceed.

jmo- Casey said her name police showed her a picture Casey said that was not her.It ended there.Casey was in jail. She was not the one slandering the woman on televsion. Morgan and Morgan are barking up the wrong tree.

I don't agree. I think she has a good case to show that, again, ICA was lying and as a result, has ruined her life. ICA is a convicted liar. Just because she told the police that wasn't her doens't make it so as she admitted in court ZFG was "imaginary".

I thought Casey was served with this lawsuit back in September 2008; or is this something new?

That's what I thought too. I don't expect ZFG to win this suit, but then again you never can predict what will happen in court. :banghead:

Well that's perfect. If there is a civil judgement she can zip around Florida in her golf cart hiding all her assets and then maybe commit armed robbery in Las Vegas....oh wait I think I might have her confused with someone else :floorlaugh:

I'm confused. So are you saying that Baez said whatever he needed to make Zenaida's civil suit moot at this point?

No it was only mentioned briefly but what I believe happened is that the attorney for Zanny gave Casey an opportunity to go on the record that she had made up the story and that Zanny never kidnapped Caylee etc., etc. When Baez refused to participate fully in this process and just answered it all no signed it saying his client was not able to participate at this time that opened the door for the defamation claim.

The suit had to be delayed until the criminal trial was over. Criminal trial takes precedence over civil one. She will get money here. It might not be as much as she deserves but she will get money.

This is 1 person I have no prob with getting money from this disaster. Her life was torn about by ICA so I hope she gets every red cent ICA makes.

I'm not so sure she walks tomorrow either. Good.

I don't see how her life was torn apart, just the opposite actually. When Casey named ZFG, this woman was living in a motel and had no job. After she went on TV claiming to be THE ZFG job offers came pouring in as well as paid TV interviews.

Didn't this woman hear that she was not involved?
Peeps decide once and for all if you believe peeps should capitalize on Caylee or not. :twocents:

I'm confused. So are you saying that Baez said whatever he needed to make Zenaida's civil suit moot at this point?

I thought that yesterday one of the TH's had said that Baez filed a motion in the AM that he couldn't respond until after the trial. It doesn't surprise me if some motion on behave of ZFG was enacted, as ICA's criminal trial is over.

I don't think Baez would have been the one to respond to anything to do with ZG suit. He is not her attorney on that case. I believe it was her civil attorney that filed a response saying she was busy with her criminal case and could not respond to the discovery questions.

IMO

Good. Between taxes, lawyer fees, and settlements, KC will find it hard to live the Bella Vita, imo.

No lawyer fees....the good people of FL paid for her defense after that initial 200K was gone.

Is there any way everyone who gave them money to search for Caylee could sue for their money back as well?

:banghead:
That's right. Everyone hop on the gravy train. Never mind a little girl is dead and her murderer will walk free. Is 1050 too early for a drink?

The Caylee justice ship has sailed. That's over, KC won't serve time for Caylee's death and nothing will change that. I would much rather see ANYONE get a huge payoff from this trial other than any A family member, but especially KC. Whatever ZFG gets I hope is three times more than anything KC is offered for anything. JMO

jmo- Casey said her name police showed her a picture Casey said that was not her.It ended there.Casey was in jail. She was not the one slandering the woman on televsion. Morgan and Morgan are barking up the wrong tree.

Even if she wins it's a hassle for her to deal with. She will have to be deposed and I think she can't take the 5th in a civil trial, IIRC. I think ZFG has a legitimate suit, but I hope KC has to deal with hundreds of frivolous suits for the rest of her life. JMO

Didn't this woman hear that she was not involved?
Peeps decide once and for all if you believe peeps should capitalize on Caylee or not. :twocents:

It depends IMO who gets the money and from whom.
I think most people don't want to see Baez and co. getting rich on media deals defecating on Caylee's grave, figuratively speaking, but I dare say not everyone would have anything against seeing Casey forced to pay through her nose, and give at least something back to the people who were hurt by her lies.

Is there any way everyone who gave them money to search for Caylee could sue for their money back as well?

You know I have been wondering the same thing Donjeta. I was wondering about a class-action suit of some kind :waitasec:. Don't get me wrong, I have no regrets donating my $$ to help search for a child and, although I'm always disappointed when the child isn't found, I still feel my $$ went toward the effort and I feel good about that, but I admit I am angry that I donated my hard-earned $$ - money that I had to sacrifice something in order to donate like so many others - all the while Casey "admittedly" knew exactly where Caylee was.

@InSession #CaseyAnthony served papers in jail last night for her deposition in the Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez civil/defamation case

Cannot wait to see the depo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member