JY Trial - Witnesses

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TSG! Thank you for your kind words.

This case is a horrific one, no doubt about it. I can't conceive of the hatred it takes to do what was done to Michelle and to leave the house knowing little C.Y. was going to find her mommy in that condition.

This case has taken a long, long time to get to this point and I'm glad it will finally be litigated. I've never seen Judge Stephens in action, nor the 2 lead ADAs, so that should be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

Praying for strength for Linda, Meredith, and their families and friends and everyone.

Aww Madeleine you know I love you!! You know I respect you. Yes it has been a long time coming. Yes it is going to be a nightmare for Linda and Meredith but they have CY to watch out for. I know that Becky Holt is a no-nonsense fireball and I trust that Willoughby will be there if needed. I just can not (at this point) fathom what the defense is going to come with for OS. They surely can not blame Meredith - that would be the death of them IMO. Last I heard Linda is doing well and she and Meredith are focusing on making CY's life as normal as they can.

BTW how is your kitty????

Hi TSG! Thank you for your kind words.

This case is a horrific one, no doubt about it. I can't conceive of the hatred it takes to do what was done to Michelle and to leave the house knowing little C.Y. was going to find her mommy in that condition.

This case has taken a long, long time to get to this point and I'm glad it will finally be litigated. I've never seen Judge Stephens in action, nor the 2 lead ADAs, so that should be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

Praying for strength for Linda, Meredith, and their families and friends and everyone.

This case is the one I've been waiting for. Far more than the cooper case, this one got to me, that 911 call, with the toddler in the background, and listening to Michelle's sister.....just too much. Plus the brutality of this crime. My husband was on a jury in Judge Stevens courtroom once. Husband was very impressed with the way JS ran his courtroom and treated his jury.

I'm glad the Fisher family has all the wonderful (and local) supporters as they head down this road. I wish Judge Stephens had been the judge in the Cooper trial too, since it was a high profile one and he's the lead and most senior judge. Can't imagine he doesn't garner respect by both sides.

I'm glad the Fisher family has all the wonderful (and local) supporters as they head down this road. I wish Judge Stephens had been the judge in the Cooper trial too, since it was a high profile one and he's the lead and most senior judge. Can't imagine he doesn't garner respect by both sides.

He is a master and a wonder to watch -- he's been around a while, as you know, and I've never seen or heard a negative word about him. Only admiration & respect all around. This is an awkward analogy, but it's meant with all respect and praise: He's like an umpire in a baseball game -- when it's all over, no matter whether your team has won or lost -- you know there has been an umpire, but you don't remember any bad or incorrect calls; just that a good and honest guy was behind the plate. (I'm a baseball fan and mother...
icon7.gif
) You'll enjoy him. Calm, intelligent, and not letting anyone "get away" with anything. I also would have liked to have seen him with.... oh, never mind.... we got there...

He also seemed to hover over the Taft case with SWs and other parts of the investigation. How I hope he will preside over that one, too. If it ever comes into the courtroom...

Hi Madeliene. Indeed, it's been quite heartening to witness the support for the Fisher family. Linda went through sheer hell (of course, just as did Meredith and the rest of the family) however every mother knows only to well that this has to be the worst nightmare to face. The pic of Linda in court the other day ... showed a very focused woman of strength, IMO. I doubt any of these trials bring "closure". More so I feel a sense of justice, acceptance and belief is restored. Perhaps the trial may put to sleep that constant worry of "he's still out there and my daughter and grandson-to-be ... are dead; never coming back". Tragic.

From all I've read about JS - he's "the man". This trial may also be one for the history books. It's been a long time coming.

Howdy PSA,

I'll be attending on Mon and Fri and the rest of the week I'll be at home watching and updating here as best I can. I know JTF will be there once in a while and I'm SURE Madeleine will too as much as possible. I can NOT wait for this trial to get started. Everytime I see photos of Linda Fisher it breaks my heart and infuriates me that she (and everyone else) is STILL waiting for justice!!!!

Hello TSG. Haven't been back here as pre-trial proceedings were underway however it is so good to see you back to posting! Seems we're about ready for lift-off : greatly respected Judge, a no-nonsense DA & well-prepared pros team ... all systems are go, go, go. It'll also be great to read in-session feedback from some reg posters here. This is what's fantastic about W/S ... you can sit back and follow trials and ... watch some great friendships emerge on top of insightful posts. Just as you've experienced firsthand.

Absolutely agree with the bold (mine) above!!!

This is one of those dreadfully common "pregnant-wife" murder cases that caught me by total hook, line and stinky-sinker ... as it happened.

Justice for Michelle and Rylan!

Peace, thoughts and strength to the Fishers :blowkiss:

I am tentatively set to attend the trial on Wed afternoon, June 9th and most of the day on June 14th. :winko:

You are so fortunate to attend the trial Gorealtors and I think there are several of you locals who will be there. Every one who can go should print out a WS emblem and pin it to your shirt.

I can hear it now across the lobby, 'Oh look honey, there's a WS'er. This is great. I'm going to run over and meet her and give her a big hug and hopefully we can all sit close together. It's a lifetime experience Babe, 5 years coming. Hey, I bet that's Raisin Charlie over there talking to Just the Fax. WOW. I wonder if we'll see the old guy who was so protective of Jason, lived near him and said he was all innocent as get out. Oh look . . . .' :rocker::woohoo:

Seriously if I was in better health for traveling I'd have travelled the width of America to be there and afterwards travel up to Long Island to get a feel for the lay of that land. xox

Same here, happy! I never made it to the Circus Maximus of BC: Circus because of a certain attorney :eek:hwow: and a big batch of kittens :cat: , and Maximus for BC's sentence(!) :behindbar

I want to go to JLY's to see the worm squirm.

And to see His Honor, Judge Stephens, such a fine Juris Doctor, in action. He is such a class act and one of the finest to sit on the bench.

Hi borndem!

I so loved this post of yours, LOL. BC is history (I refer to him as Bradgette, LOL, anticipating a new name will be awarded him in his er, new, plush surroundings...). Let's see if JLY will end up in his section of the yard?

Have you penciled in some court dates, yet? W/Sers are fast becoming renowned as a Class Trial Act; these wife & pregnant-wife killers never learn divorce is an option. They bluntly refuse to even consider it. To them, it seems hatred, revenge and murder is more satisfying. Oh jeeeez, they always think they're too clever and will outsmart everyone.

Yet, as we see all too often ... they all lose in the end.

Here's to Michelle & Baby Rylan - tragically ripped away from their family through sheer malice, boredom and greed. IMO.

You are so fortunate to attend the trial Gorealtors and I think there are several of you locals who will be there. Every one who can go should print out a WS emblem and pin it to your shirt.

I can hear it now across the lobby, 'Oh look honey, there's a WS'er. This is great. I'm going to run over and meet her and give her a big hug and hopefully we can all sit close together. It's a lifetime experience Babe, 5 years coming. Hey, I bet that's Raisin Charlie over there talking to Just the Fax. WOW. I wonder if we'll see the old guy who was so protective of Jason, lived near him and said he was all innocent as get out. Oh look . . . .' :rocker::woohoo:

Seriously if I was in better health for traveling I'd have travelled the width of America to be there and afterwards travel up to Long Island to get a feel for the lay of that land. xox

Hello, scandi, dearest :blowkiss:

Yep - a t-shirt would be a good idea! Sorry to hear your health is not top form... and trust nothing serious and that you're in good enough spirits. Tho dare I say that cruising through these trials is a tonic when justice is served, eh?

Hubby and I decided to go Cold Turkey on all "non-essential extras" and have cut our expenses way, way down. That includes (crying) no cable TV! It is amazing what we've saved. Scary, actually. Internet is one thing we've kept - for obvious reasons.

Stay well ... look forward to your thoughts during this trial.

Polk :)

As an aside: where's raisin-charlie? And close-enough? Would be great to read their posts. Just sayin ...

Hello, scandi, dearest :blowkiss:

Yep - a t-shirt would be a good idea! Sorry to hear your health is not top form... and trust nothing serious and that you're in good enough spirits. Tho dare I say that cruising through these trials is a tonic when justice is served, eh?

Hubby and I decided to go Cold Turkey on all "non-essential extras" and have cut our expenses way, way down. That includes (crying) no cable TV! It is amazing what we've saved. Scary, actually. Internet is one thing we've kept - for obvious reasons.

Stay well ... look forward to your thoughts during this trial.

Polk :)

As an aside: where's raisin-charlie? And close-enough? Would be great to read their posts. Just sayin ...

OMG, no Direct TV would just do me in. That and my DSL is all I require in life. How do you do it? I'd miss my true crime shows and HGTV. Sure wish this jury would get chosen and things would move along. Been waiting forever for this one. Justice for Michelle. It's time.

Hi borndem!

I so loved this post of yours, LOL. BC is history (I refer to him as Bradgette, LOL, anticipating a new name will be awarded him in his er, new, plush surroundings...). Let's see if JLY will end up in his section of the yard?

Have you penciled in some court dates, yet? W/Sers are fast becoming renowned as a Class Trial Act; these wife & pregnant-wife killers never learn divorce is an option. They bluntly refuse to even consider it. To them, it seems hatred, revenge and murder is more satisfying. Oh jeeeez, they always think they're too clever and will outsmart everyone.

Yet, as we see all too often ... they all lose in the end.

Here's to Michelle & Baby Rylan - tragically ripped away from their family through sheer malice, boredom and greed. IMO.

We'll need to get a bit creative on predicting his new Big House nickname...

I have not picked any particular date(s) for attending -- I am early (remember that -- early -- italics didn't seem to show up enuff) retired, so just about any day(s) are open... Some out-of-town WS'ers may prefer Mondays or Fridays... We may wanna see if any special hours will be created for the jury, as was done in the BC trial, so as not to short ourselves... unless we decide to pick one of those days and saunter down to the Raleigh Times Bar, or Busy Bee or The Pit (or similar) and get lunch, and discuss things... or we could simply saunter slither, and slide at six -- onomatopoeia, ahhh -- and discuss... But whatevah, I'm game.

And I agree, what is it about murdering one's spouse instead of just making it so unbearable she leaves, or just leaving yourself? Yes alimony & child support would be a b****, but as smart as you think you are, do you really think you are smart enuff to go up against a collective 100-200 years investigative and forensic experience -- even though your IQ was tested at 136 when you were in 6th grade??? Not me, thank ya. And yes, it's not always the men, but it does seem like it's more men than women who commit spouse-icide -- must be that unstable xy chromosome that gets 'em....

Oh yes, Polk, there's so much to discuss.... :websleuther: :toastred: And it hasn't even quite started yet!!

Prayers and good angel:angel: thoughts for Michelle and her good folks and sweet babies... And Power to the People of the State....:cop: :detective: :gavel:

OMG, no Direct TV would just do me in. That and my DSL is all I require in life. How do you do it? I'd miss my true crime shows and HGTV. Sure wish this jury would get chosen and things would move along. Been waiting forever for this one. Justice for Michelle. It's time.

Hi gracielee ... How do we do it? We grin and bear it - we made a joint decision to cut back *everything* for 6 months - 01 March - 01 October and see what we have over prior to the big Christmas season. Aside from cell phones & Internet, we cut back on everything. It's possible! We haven't shriveled and died, LOL. Cut out going to dinner, drinks ... and we're still thriving.

Our monthly spend usually left us quite tight. "He" said "I" was using too much "here" ... (how dare he) and "I" said "he" was using too much "there" (tut tut ... of course I was right...).Of course "I" miss my crime sites, news, features (doccies!) etc. And "he" is like a bear with a sore head over his lost sport channels.

And as for these trials now? :maddening: Grrrrr. Wish I could watch live, but the 'Net gives enough streaming and clips. And JKY trial ... is taking too long to boot up.

Tap tap tap ...

We'll need to get a bit creative on predicting his new Big House nickname...

I have not picked any particular date(s) for attending -- I am early (remember that -- early -- italics didn't seem to show up enuff) retired, so just about any day(s) are open... Some out-of-town WS'ers may prefer Mondays or Fridays... We may wanna see if any special hours will be created for the jury, as was done in the BC trial, so as not to short ourselves... unless we decide to pick one of those days and saunter down to the Raleigh Times Bar, or Busy Bee or The Pit (or similar) and get lunch, and discuss things... or we could simply saunter slither, and slide at six -- onomatopoeia, ahhh -- and discuss... But whatevah, I'm game.

And I agree, what is it about murdering one's spouse instead of just making it so unbearable she leaves, or just leaving yourself? Yes alimony & child support would be a b****, but as smart as you think you are, do you really think you are smart enuff to go up against a collective 100-200 years investigative and forensic experience -- even though your IQ was tested at 136 when you were in 6th grade??? Not me, thank ya. And yes, it's not always the men, but it does seem like it's more men than women who commit spouse-icide -- must be that unstable xy chromosome that gets 'em....

Oh yes, Polk, there's so much to discuss.... :websleuther: :toastred: And it hasn't even quite started yet!!

Prayers and good angel:angel: thoughts for Michelle and her good folks and sweet babies... And Power to the People of the State....:cop: :detective: :gavel:

LOL ... sorry, didn't quite catch that ...what? Born?? What ... did you say? Something about early? Oily? :crazy: (heh heh, I read ya loud 'n clear).

Well, it will be great to read updates, snippets & thoughts as and when you (and friends - other W/Sers) get to attend. I noticed in Casey A trial court was in session Saturdays.

Wonder how this jury will pan out in the end? JTF will be posting info - we'll certainly be well-prepared. Brad's trial went on forever ... the odds are (or so it seems) this one may not be as lengthy. I really wonder how JLY feels about finally facing the music?

Becky Holt looks seriously ready for business! Good. About time ...

Now ... to throw in "that" name. Hmmmm. Something to think about!

Oh, and here's toasting you, too, born!! :toastred:

The jury this time....

5 white males
5 white females
2 black females

Morning to all the 'friendly faces' from the Cooper Murder Trial. Thankfully BC is where he belongs. DramaMama thank you for the link to WordPress article on JY case.

Have seen a few of you at Casey Anthony trial which is like watching a train wreck.

Anyway hello again and nice to 'see you all'.

Morning to all the 'friendly faces' from the Cooper Murder Trial. Thankfully BC is where he belongs. DramaMama thank you for the link to WordPress article on JY case.

Have seen a few of you at Casey Anthony trial which is like watching a train wreck.

Hi :seeya: back to you, TS!

Yes, I'm gla-a-a-a-ad this is really getting underway...

I have been peeking in on ICA (Inmate Casey Anthony, as she is called), too, and one neutral observation is the subtle differences in the courtroom layout - the jury facing the defense - and how whichever atty is questioning the witness has to go to the lectern - the judge is definitely in charge, and he is cute (meant respectfully) and seemingly light-hearted, but he gets the business done - and the "Casey Cam" is great. When I watch, I get to see the usual courtroom view, and then I split it so I can watch the defendant. She is pouty, but otherwise does not look worried one bit. She is a real study, I must say... but I won't really miss it... I just cannot see her getting away with it... but no more about that ....

We've got to now zero-in on JLY. He's been so absolutely quiet, I wonder if we'll see any reaction or emotion from him during this trial. The DT may have some witnesses, but I can't imagine what/who. Seems to me, everything they need to/can/might present could be done in opening and closing arguments. And his defensive team is quite able, it seems...

Will call Mama Young be called?

And yes, JTF, we do wanna see MM!

It's finally here, Gracielee!

Oh yes, Tipstaff, big things are coming... Glad you're here!
icon10.gif

I ditto the friendly faces from the Cooper trial. So good to be back among friends.
I have been spellbound by the Casey Anthony trial, ongoing, in Florida, but have waited patiently for this Young trial to begin. Looking forward to opening statements this afternoon. My first impression is that this trial will be swift and just--however, I know all too well how defense attorneys work so who knows. We may be in for some surprises.
Again, it's good to be among friends!

Hi gracielee ... How do we do it? We grin and bear it - we made a joint decision to cut back *everything* for 6 months - 01 March - 01 October and see what we have over prior to the big Christmas season. Aside from cell phones & Internet, we cut back on everything. It's possible! We haven't shriveled and died, LOL. Cut out going to dinner, drinks ... and we're still thriving.

Our monthly spend usually left us quite tight. "He" said "I" was using too much "here" ... (how dare he) and "I" said "he" was using too much "there" (tut tut ... of course I was right...).Of course "I" miss my crime sites, news, features (doccies!) etc. And "he" is like a bear with a sore head over his lost sport channels.

And as for these trials now? :maddening: Grrrrr. Wish I could watch live, but the 'Net gives enough streaming and clips. And JKY trial ... is taking too long to boot up.

Tap tap tap ...

I admire you for it! My TV would be the thing I would miss, but then, can't one watch complete programs online now? I'm not really computer savvy, but I thought it's possibly to watch the shows like 48 Hrs and 20/20 online. And you are right, it is totally frustrating to see how much we pay for TV. My only consolation to that is, we haven't been out to see a movie in probably over 20 years, so that's a savings there. The only pay channel we get is showtime, for Dexter. After this season, I may just cancel showtime.

I ditto the friendly faces from the Cooper trial. So good to be back among friends.
I have been spellbound by the Casey Anthony trial, ongoing, in Florida, but have waited patiently for this Young trial to begin. Looking forward to opening statements this afternoon. My first impression is that this trial will be swift and just--however, I know all too well how defense attorneys work so who knows. We may be in for some surprises.
Again, it's good to be among friends!

Hi < waving to NC East >, thought about you a number of times this last week or so. I've only caught bits of the Anthony trial, been working outside getting our vegetable garden in and working on what I refer to as my 'Mother's Day Garden'. A new area we are working on with a little waterfall and roses and such. Missed you though! :) And everyone else from the Cooper trial, < WAVING > :seeya:

:woohoo:

Hi < waving to NC East >, thought about you a number of times this last week or so. I've only caught bits of the Anthony trial, been working outside getting our vegetable garden in and working on what I refer to as my 'Mother's Day Garden'. A new area we are working on with a little waterfall and roses and such. Missed you though! :) And everyone else from the Cooper trial, < WAVING > :seeya:

:woohoo:

GL, ooking forward to interacting with you again via the Young trial. Your new garden sounds lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand