Kaine tells us about Terri and PPD - what role does it play in this case, if any?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had PPD, thankfully not PPP. I never wanted to hurt my baby, more the opposite really. I was obsessed with her and wouldn't let anybody else hold her.

I wonder if this is a 'way out of this mess' statement from Kaine to Terri.

I know where you are coming from. My grandmother died unexpectedly when my baby was 2 months old. It triggered PPD in me. There are so many different kinds of PPD. The thought of hurting my child NEVER CROSSED MY MIND!! It was more sadness, crying, and withdrawn kind of thing. I still cared for my baby 24/7. All I wanted was to be alone w/ my baby and my husband when he was home from work.

A lot of people are also being hard on Kaine for not knowing what medication she was on. In all fairness, my husband did not know the name of my meds either. He knew I was on them. I am currently on a BP med that even I can't remember the name of. I don't think it is that big of a deal. Most likely Kaine trusted in the drs that were treating his wife. Mine did.

I also agree w/ you that this may be his way of giving Terri an "out".

IF she was that distrustful of Terri, why wasn't Kyron in her custody? I can't imagine having my child with someone who I'd think something like that right off the bat. But then again... in the Q&A yesterday, she indicates just the opposite; says she was 'blindsided' by all of this.

It might be that she suspected Terri of being able to hurt Kyron even before nothing happened but I don't think this reaction is evidence of it. I imagine that a person might think so as a knee-jerk reaction even if they haven't had any particular suspicions but do have some negative feelings.

Also, we don't know what Terri said and in what kind of tone and some of that may have caused a reaction in Desiree, and she may also have thought that it was odd that Terri or Kaine didn't call her themselves, even though it's clear that Terri had her phone with her since Desiree said that the school secretary said she had been asked to call her and she called Terri immediately after hanging up the conversation with the secretary. So, Terri and Kaine could just as easily have called her themselves and it may have already struck her as odd that they didn't, even before talking to Terri.

I find it interesting that she says she called Terri, not Kaine.

It might be that she suspected Terri of being able to hurt Kyron even before nothing happened but I don't think this reaction is evidence of it. I imagine that a person might think so as a knee-jerk reaction even if they haven't had any particular suspicions but do have some negative feelings.

Also, we don't know what Terri said and in what kind of tone and some of that may have caused a reaction in Desiree, and she may also have thought that it was odd that Terri or Kaine didn't call her themselves, even though it's clear that Terri had her phone with her since Desiree said that the school secretary said she had been asked to call her and she called Terri immediately after hanging up the conversation with the secretary. So, Terri and Kaine could just as easily have called her themselves and it may have already struck her as odd that they didn't, even before talking to Terri.

I find it interesting that she says she called Terri, not Kaine.

Indeed...

I had a, thankfully, mild case of PPD that went undiagnosed almost until I was climbing out of it (it took me feeling good to realize how bad I'd felt). My husband knew I wasn't myself, but he blamed that on our busy schedule and having two kids under two years old. I've since met other women who were depressed for a while before diagnosis (PPD and other forms), and for quite a few of them, the illness almost wrecked their marriages. If Kaine and TH were having problems, it could very well have been due to the PPD...even when diagnosed properly, depression is very hard on couples. I am lucky that my husband put up with a lot from me when I wasn't myself. I remind myself of that every time he leaves socks on the floor, lol.

If she is still suffering from PPD and is involved, it explains a lot, IMO.

BBM In my opinion, these press events may be orchestrated by the lady who owns the church, the one who told people in a newsletter what they should and should not speak about.

Not to be snarky, but who gave the church woman the power to "run things"? Why do they have to have all pressers at the church?
And who ever heard of one person "owning a church"? Not me, every church I have ever been familiar with was owned by the church members, or a board of church members, not one person. Weird, IMO

Not to be snarky, but who gave the church woman the power to "run things"? Why do they have to have all pressers at the church?
And who ever heard of one person "owning a church"? Not me, every church I have ever been familiar with was owned by the church members, or a board of church members, not one person. Weird, IMO

IIRC, it's not in use as a church now, but rather as some historical building or something like that. I don't remember the specifics; it was explained in one of the early pressers.

I apologize if this has already been dicussed, its hard to keep up :)

I do not have children, so I guess I don't understand or have experience with PPD.

For those of you that have experienced this, do the mood swings really swing that rapidly? I live in Houston, so of course I know of Yates, but do women really feel the need to hurt their child? I'm trying to see how this diagnosis/condition can lend itself to a possible homicide/kidnapping/murder for hire plot. Please forgive my ignorance, I'm just trying to learn. TIA!

You are correct. I had a mild case of PPD with anxiety and hallucinations. Because I was breastfeeding I was given Zoloft, which is what many women I know who are breastfeeding are given if PPD is suspected. Zoloft is pretty mild in my opinion, but it helped tremendously. I had no side affects while weaning off of it at about 10 months post-partum.

I tried Zoloft for depression several yrs ago when it first came out. The 2nd day I was on it, I was at the grocery store and felt like I was walking with my feet 2-3 inches off the ground. The feeling was bizarre and I was thankfully with my mom at the time, told her about it and then told my doc I couldn't take that med, I was 'trippin' on it. !!

I imagine that exercise is a big part of therapy for any depression. Kaine did say that she went to the gym a few hours a day.

She did say that she was going to enter a body building contest this month, so that does show some strange thinking.

I truly believe that hindsight is 20/20.

BBM She did? Do you have a link? I must have missed that.

I do not have children, so I guess I don't understand or have experience with PPD.

For those of you that have experienced this, do the mood swings really swing that rapidly? I live in Houston, so of course I know of Yates, but do women really feel the need to hurt their child? I'm trying to see how this diagnosis/condition can lend itself to a possible homicide/kidnapping/murder for hire plot. Please forgive my ignorance, I'm just trying to learn. TIA!

Speaking for myself only: My mood swings were so quick that they refer to it as "rapid cycling." I never felt the need to hurt my child (quite the opposite); but I have a friend who was afraid because she would suddenly get the urge to throw the baby down. She never did, of course, but she'd have terrible thoughts and dreams where she was hurting the baby. Her husband got her help and she is now a wonderful mom of four beautiful girls.

I could see TH doing this under the umbrella of PPD if the illness caused her to be paranoid, for example, or swing into more violent bouts of bi-polar. (Remember, bi-polar is a spectrum disorder, and where she could possibly fall on this is not known...or even if that's the problem...but ppd can lead to serious personality changes, yes). MOO/and in my own experience.

How great it is that WS is seen by so many as a 'safe' forum to share experiences with PPD and/or PPP. This happens in almost every case and is the reason I learn so much here at WS. I'm always amazed by the bravery that goes along with the sharing.

Yet to be determined is how, if at all, PPD enters into the picture of missing Kyron. If it is related, we will all have a better understanding of the why and the how. That understanding comes to us as a gift from our members here at WS who took it upon themselves to share some of their most vulnerable 'new mom' experiences. A huge thanks to each of you. :blowkiss:

Hats off to Tricia and our mods for keeping WS a safe place for all. :grouphug:

How great it is that WS is seen by so many as a 'safe' forum to share experiences with PPD and/or PPP. This happens in almost every case and is the reason I learn so much here at WS. I'm always amazed by the bravery that goes along with the sharing.

Yet to be determined is how, if at all, PPD enters into the picture of missing Kyron. If it is related, we will all have a better understanding of the why and the how. That understanding comes to us as a gift from our members here at WS who took it upon themselves to share some of their most vulnerable 'new mom' experiences. A huge thanks to each of you. :blowkiss:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Clicking the "thanks" button just wasn't enough :)

To me, it seems possible that Terri was having the worst of the side effects listed on those documents that seem to come with all p. drugs these days...someone must manifest those side effects or the drug companies sure would not print them. I think she was taking a cocktail of stuff and suffering in silence as to the way she was feeling. Not excusing her and not blaming the meds, but they can cause paranoia and rage and even murderous thoughts. There are some newer drugs that I probably should be trying for chronic pain, but have so far resisted due to the phone book of possible side effects. And she appears, to me anyway, to have that puffy look that can come from a bunch of different meds.

As far as Kaine goes, he either words things very oddly at times or had no real idea of what went on in his household.

Geez, everytime I don't check here early in the day something new comes out, then I get behind trying to read all the pages first.
I was going to ask a few days ago if anyone knew if Terri had been on any type of
anti-depresents and then suddenly stopped them because of her up coming weight lifting contest. But I didn't ask and tried to find out looking around then got lost and said the heck with it.
I too like sorrell skye above said have the lovely PMS and now per-menopause and with that I have the mood swings. They are uncontrollable, and I really hate myself after I have them. I have never felt the need to hurt anyone or anything. When I get that way it would be best for everyone to leave, I just get verbally mean. I have tried Zoloft (made me too tired) and then a few months after my Mother passed away, I was at my OB for my yearly and I broke down badly. Everything hit me right when he said so how has the past year been? He put me on Lexapro, and it was great at first. But then it started effecting me like at work, I just could not focus and then when the weight gain started that is when I started research anti-depressants. I started the weaning myself off, but after the 2nd or 3rd day said what the heck and stopped. I didn't crack, didn't feel no different but did feel a heck alot better when it was out of my system.

I dont know about PPD only what people have said, the only thing is I try to relate that to the way I feel when I have my menopausal mood swing. I still can't see how a person could hurt a child in any way unless there are some serious brain issues. Not saying Terri has either of those. I just wish this craziness would end and Kyron can be found. I think after hearing the news conf. yesterday and KH saying this, there is a huge piece of the the puzzle missing. Oh and BTW is TH back in with WW?

my husband has a psych degree and is incredibly anal and he still wouldn't be able to tell you what drugs I'm on - they're in my purse and he doesn't look at the bottles or anything and yes, I'm on his benefits

and worse, I can't even tell you the names b/c the clinical names are so long and the brand names change, depending on the pharmacy (sometimes they give generic stuff)

I know what they're for and that's about it - I recently had a medical for work & had to show the nurse the bottles cause I had no idea the names

and when she asked for dates of illnesses etc., I gave her loose estimates & said check with my doctor for documentation b/c I do not remember that stuff

just some personal experience that makes it easier for me to understand the dynamics of a spouse not necessarily knowing medical history

Just a suggestion for all out there that take meds, even if you have the names of them memorized and doses, etc. I take alot of meds, and so do my daughters, for different reasons. We always keep an index card in our purses with all of our meds listed, doses, how often they are to be taken. Also the name of our prescribing docs and thier phone numbers, and on the back on my card I have all of my diagnosis listed because I have so freaking many. It may seem silly, but I had a grand mal seizure in the grocery store last year. I was alone and if not for the card in my purse I would never have been able to recall the meds I was on, or the doses. BTW, the med that caused the seizure was WellButrin, antidepressant! I had been on it for 3 years and they said it was at toxic levels in my brain even though I took it as directed. READ THOSE PAPERS that come with your Rx's at the drug store, I went back and read mine and sure enough, seizures were listed as a side effect. I had fx skull and badly bruised tailbone (fell straight back onto the hard grocery store floor) and was in hosp for a week. I have been carrying a drug card in my purse for 10 years now and its come in handy many, many times. Just FYI. This was a real pain in the rear as I was barred from driving for THREE months after the seizure, and they said I am 60% more likely to have another one in my lifetime because I had this one. Scary stuff.

I was just thinking this- it is so nice to be somewhere like this where I and others feel comfortable sharing some pretty heavy stuff. (((WS))) You guys are truly wonderful here.

For those of you that have experienced this, do the mood swings really swing that rapidly?

Speaking for myself, I did experience some rapid mood swings. One minute I was crying and thought the world was going to end and literally the very next minute I felt really angry. I was never angry with my baby... I would get angry at others because they weren't helping me or weird things like that... hard to explain because it was so irrational!! My poor husband. Gosh I need to give him an extra hug today for being so supportive of me through that!!!

IF she was that distrustful of Terri, why wasn't Kyron in her custody? I can't imagine having my child with someone who I'd think something like that right off the bat. But then again... in the Q&A yesterday, she indicates just the opposite; says she was 'blindsided' by all of this.
I imagine it would not have been as easy as Desiree just saying "Kyron is staying with me." I get what you're saying, Calliope, but it's hard when custody is involved. What is even harder still is to imagine the grief and guilt that Desiree is feeling, though the guilt is more than likely completely undeserved on her part. Now she and Kaine are a united front, but before this, who knows what has gone on regarding custody of Kyron.

I think we need to realize that Kaine and Desiree are going through all kinds of emotions, they are talking much more freely now. We all are capable of saying and feeling contradictory things. It's one thing to believe that the woman your ex-husband married is a liar and a whole 'nother thing to imagine the woman to be capable of what she is suspected of: Disappearing her step-son and seeking to have her husband murdered.

I would guess that we would all be "blindsided" by the enormity of this, even if we couldn't stand another person.

Just my opinion and thoughts on this.

Can't find the post I wanted to reply to, I think it may have been deleted by admin, but just a reminder-
1. It has NOT been confirmed that DY is a nurse and we need to stop bringing that up.

2. Even if she WAS a nurse, the poster said she would be in BIG TROUBLE for discussing Terris possible medical issues, I assume the poster was referring to HIPPA and healthcare workers.
HIPPA laws pertain to medical personnel discussing THEIR PATIENTS, as a privacy issue. They do not pertain to a nurse (or anyone) discussing the possible medical issues of her sister in law, aunt, step mom to her kid, etc..

Jus sayin. DY is no dummy and she would know her boundaries, I am guessing. Her profession has not been brought up in MSM and we can't discuss it.

Hope I don't get into trouble for bringing this up but it isn't a sleuthing issue.....

In the picture that accompanies this article, KH is wearing his wedding band. That seems odd to me. Of course I'm assuming the photo was taking during the interview with WW, but I guess it could be an older photo.

Sorry if someone has already pointed this out. I haven't read all the posts on this thread.

Speaking for myself only: My mood swings were so quick that they refer to it as "rapid cycling." I never felt the need to hurt my child (quite the opposite); but I have a friend who was afraid because she would suddenly get the urge to throw the baby down. She never did, of course, but she'd have terrible thoughts and dreams where she was hurting the baby. Her husband got her help and she is now a wonderful mom of four beautiful girls.

I could see TH doing this under the umbrella of PPD if the illness caused her to be paranoid, for example, or swing into more violent bouts of bi-polar. (Remember, bi-polar is a spectrum disorder, and where she could possibly fall on this is not known...or even if that's the problem...but ppd can lead to serious personality changes, yes). MOO/and in my own experience.

MY DD who is bi polar is also a rapid cycler and getting her meds "right" has taken since January, trying this, changing that, adding this, stopping that, and dose increases and decreases. Getting the right combination is very tricky and after the correct meds are finally figured out, the BP person has to be diligent about taking them everyday, and not stopping them when they feel better. Its a classic sign of BP's to go off their meds when they are feeling better and then they crash and its a big mess. I remind my DD everyday by phone to be sure sure taking her meds.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susielarios
Back