Kate McCann book Madeleine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
P301 GM says 'we're finished. Our lives are over' in response to being made arguidos. KM says how upset he is.

The most upset, in my opinion, thank at any other time in the book IMO. They themselves admit they had a lot to lose by being suspected of MMs murder.

P307 KM says she said no comment in the interviews because she was tired and it made the translation quicker.

Why wouldn't you want to clear your name, if you have nothing to hide? IMO

P309 KM describes the officer leading her interview as a 'f$%king tosser'

She also says later that month GM finds out that dogs can alert falsely on signals from their handlers.

What a shame he didn't remember that in the now infamous 'ask the dogs' interview.

P314 the McCanns are free to leave Portugal, having been told whem they left the interview they would be charged on Monday. They were planning to leave on the Monday,but on the advice of their lawyers they leave the next day.

I wonder why this change came about.

Thank you, Mrs Marple, I find your synopsis fascinating and I do wonder if my feelings about Kate stem from her obvious self centeredness. Not to be expressing fear about what your baby may be enduring indicates to me that she already knew Madeleine wasn't in a position to be suffering anything anymore.

There are times later in the book where KM states she has dark thoughts, and paedophile are mentioned. Although in the beginning there is a lot of talk about MM still being out there, l got the overall impression KM thinks she is dead. She comes across as unstable, insecure. She goes on about how skinny she is several times, which makes me wonder if she has an eating disorder.

I was on the fence before l read this and l still have a lot of questions. However IMO reading this and reviewing a few other bits, they are hiding something. Not just them either.

JT / Tannerman was a fabrication, imo. For some reason, she has attempted to lead the PJ down the abductor route. What is puzzling is if it was a conspiracy, why didn't GM confirm he saw her (even if he didn't, iyswim). It makes me wonder if there is something else going on that is yet to be uncovered.

DPs sighting at 5pm, 6.30pm or 7pm, as the times are reported in the book and the rogatory statement and a direct quote all differently, is a lie IMO. Smoke and mirrors.

I don't think Smithman is credible as GM. Why would he carry a body through the streets when we've all seen the photos of the sports bag that went missing later.

I think the police did stuff up in the first 24 hours imo, and sadly that has contributed to, in all likelihood, never knowing what happened.

At the end of the book, l felt an overwhelming sense of sadness, tbh. That poor little girl, whatever happened to her, was badly let down by those supposed to protect her, and by two police forces that so far have failed to bring her justice.

There are times later in the book where KM states she has dark thoughts, and paedophile are mentioned. Although in the beginning there is a lot of talk about MM still being out there, l got the overall impression KM thinks she is dead. She comes across as unstable, insecure. She goes on about how skinny she is several times, which makes me wonder if she has an eating disorder.

I was on the fence before l read this and l still have a lot of questions. However IMO reading this and reviewing a few other bits, they are hiding something. Not just them either.

JT / Tannerman was a fabrication, imo. For some reason, she has attempted to lead the PJ down the abductor route. What is puzzling is if it was a conspiracy, why didn't GM confirm he saw her (even if he didn't, iyswim). It makes me wonder if there is something else going on that is yet to be uncovered.

DPs sighting at 5pm, 6.30pm or 7pm, as the times are reported in the book and the rogatory statement and a direct quote all differently, is a lie IMO. Smoke and mirrors.

I don't think Smithman is credible as GM. Why would he carry a body through the streets when we've all seen the photos of the sports bag that went missing later.

I think the police did stuff up in the first 24 hours imo, and sadly that has contributed to, in all likelihood, never knowing what happened.

At the end of the book, l felt an overwhelming sense of sadness, tbh. That poor little girl, whatever happened to her, was badly let down by those supposed to protect her, and by two police forces that so far have failed to bring her justice.

The most amazing part of this case is how did Clarence Mitchell, a Government Spin Doctor, become the McCann's PR man the day after Madeleine was reported missing? Nothing remotely suspicious about THAT???

The most amazing part of this case is how did Clarence Mitchell, a Government Spin Doctor, become the McCann's PR man the day after Madeleine was reported missing? Nothing remotely suspicious about THAT???

You are quite right Wise Owl, l haven't addressed the unusual level of support the McCanns received. Simply because l have no idea what to make of it.

KM gives the impression that they should be the centre of everything, everyone should be looking for MM.

Is it because this is a crime in quite unusual circumstances? Because they are doctors, middle class, with friends in high places?

Or is it more sinister than that? I'm not sure l want my mind to go there.

You are quite right Wise Owl, l haven't addressed the unusual level of support the McCanns received. Simply because l have no idea what to make of it.

KM gives the impression that they should be the centre of everything, everyone should be looking for MM.

Is it because this is a crime in quite unusual circumstances? Because they are doctors, middle class, with friends in high places?

Or is it more sinister than that? I'm not sure l want my mind to go there.

Friends in VERY high places! But what is the McCann's link to the government? Freemasons? Or, as you say, something more sinister that needed desperately covered up from day one?

The Tannerman sighting is strange... if it is designed to push the abductor theory, then why wouldn't GM confirm it? I CAN see how you might be somewhat oblivious to the goings on around you if you're engrossed in conversation though... but if it was designed to point investigators in that direction AND the parents were involved, why not go along with it?

The Tannerman sighting is strange... if it is designed to push the abductor theory, then why wouldn't GM confirm it? I CAN see how you might be somewhat oblivious to the goings on around you if you're engrossed in conversation though... but if it was designed to point investigators in that direction AND the parents were involved, why not go along with it?

The lack of agreement suggests a lack of collusion rather than supporting it.

Would you recommend this book? I was going to buy one regarding this case but wasn’t sure which as there are so many.

All in all, it points to the fact that folks who have money are different. When my children were small, I had no money to travel to fancy resorts, or eat out with friends. And even if I had, I would have never left my children alone, 40 feet away, 100 feet away, 250 feet away...

That was the real crime here. The casual acceptance that leaving a baby, a toddler, alone in a hotel room is fine while you party with friends.

I would have never left my children alone, 40 feet away, 100 feet away, 250 feet away...

That was the real crime here. The casual acceptance that leaving a baby, a toddler, alone in a hotel room is fine while you party with friends.
BBM

I’m afraid I’ve never been able to get past them leaving their children alone. Assuming they are innocent, which we have to here, checking on the children every 30 minutes was clearly not enough and is inexcusable...the real crime, without which MM would not have disappeared. JMO

I suppose they aren’t quite as bad as this couple, David and Sharon Schoo, who left their nine and four year old daughters home alone for nine days while they vacationed in Mexico! Fortunately, they survived, unlike MM.

State charges Schoo girls were choked and kicked

Sharon Schoo and her 45-year-old husband were arrested upon their return from Mexico in December and accused of leaving their daughters home alone during a nine-day trip to Acapulco during the Christmas holidays.

While the parents relaxed in a budget hotel a few blocks from the beach, police said the children were left with cold cereal, microwave meals, cursory instructions and no way to contact their parents.

The day after the parents left, the girls rushed to a neighbors' house after a smoke alarm went off in the Schoos home. The neighbors alerted authorities to the plight of the sisters.

I've have believed they know what happened to Madeleine for many years now and having finally got round to reading this book my feelings are unchanged, it just feels incredibly self centered throughout

With regards reasons for doubting them, The biggest problem for me is Smithman is one of the most obvious fabrications i have ever come across, and if you believe Smithman is a fabrication there is no way the abduction claim is true, it was nothing more than a diversion to the real time when poor Maddie was removed from the Ocean Club.

I've have believed they know what happened to Madeleine for many years now and having finally got round to reading this book my feelings are unchanged, it just feels incredibly self centered throughout

With regards reasons for doubting them, The biggest problem for me is Smithman is one of the most obvious fabrications i have ever come across, and if you believe Smithman is a fabrication there is no way the abduction claim is true, it was nothing more than a diversion to the real time when poor Maddie was removed from the Ocean Club.
Sorry long day that should read Tannerman not Smithman

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shevet
Back