Kate McCann book Madeleine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Adopted? l've not heard that before. She was an IVF baby, and there is a question mark over whether she had some additional needs from some armchair sleuths. GM said she was 'almost perfect ' - can't remember the source- when she was born. TV interview l believe. Almost perfect.

Sadly people do stupid things sometimes. Or in this case, selfish things. I have more thoughts on that but there are not for here.

Sorry, there has been so much confusing information about this case, she was not adopted...I thought maybe she was from a separate sperm donor, but other articles contradict this...INMO, an IVF baby, sometimes is so anticipated, especially by people who are highly educated, expecting a "perfect" baby have problems with kids who don't fit the criteria.

Mrs Marple, understanding that the book went through an editor, I'm curious to how Kate comes across in her writing. Do you get any impressions? Her tone and thought process would be interesting. I also feel she's making money on the bones of her dead daughter and she well knows that Maddie is dead but that is for another thread, I guess.

KM states that the accuracy in the book comes from a series of journals that she began drafting at the end of May 2007 on someone's recommendation, possibly the priest she counts as a daily friend - l will confirm later.

She refers to MM as 'my daughter ' in the introduction to the book. This has been flagged up as unusual by a language expert (again, l would need to confirm the source later).

It does give an idea of her personality, or at least, the personality she wants to portray. She seems somewhat downtrodden in the relationship with GM. Note previous posts relating to her annoyance at him leaving the tapas restaurant without him, and he seems to not be as present - he works away, his career comes before hers, that sort of thing.

I noted when she says she went for a run she was hurt the rest of the group were on the beach without them. She seems insecure and lacking in confidence. But that doesn't quite fit with a newly qualified doctor going around the world to NZ to work for a year. Maybe this stems from the need for IVF knocking her.

KM describes being rude to the lady upstairs when on the night of the disappearance, the neighbour asks what all the noise is about. KM is irked at her response. She says she shouted something rude. A little hint, perhaps, of what was to come; the world of the McCanns should be everyone's priority. That self centeredness that's been mentioned frequently. It was evident in the beginning of the book, describing her early life...no one buys the book to read about KM going to church on a Sunday when she was little. But it does seem the religious thing has always been a thing, IYSWIM.

My belief is that she was drugged to sleep, and didn't wake up. The Father got rid of the body, a small child is pretty easy to dispose of...the Mother knew, and has stayed quiet because "The Child" was difficult to deal with...

Don't forget the forum rules.

If they did cover something up, why they didn't wait until morning to find her missing? They would have had longer to do whatever they needed to do.

Don't forget the forum rules.

If they did cover something up, why they didn't wait until morning to find her missing? They would have had longer to do whatever they needed to do.

Simple - the events didn't happen they way they portrayed them. I firmly believe something had happened to Madeleine either that afternoon or possibly the day before. The whole scenario was made up, and they tried desperately to make it fit.

There certainly are a lot of red herrings in this case. Talking of which..

P108 KM says she is relieved to hear about the Tannerman sighting, it means there's something to go on.

I consider this for a few minutes. I can't imagine many parents feeling relieved at this news. I kinda know what she means in that they have a clue, but that's a very rational thought to have when your child is missing and something terrible could be happening to them at that very moment.

I am keeping in mind she was a doctor at that time and a part of that is staying rational. Keeping emotion in check. Not letting things get to you.

P108-9 Comments on the oddity of carrying a sleeping child on a cold night without a blanket (err, so that's not ok but leaving them unattended for hours is?) KM affirms her belief Tannerman was MM being abducted. KM says she feels no anger or disappointment towards JT.

This book is the 10 year anniversary edition. So why wasn't this section edited with NSYs elimination of this sighting as a suspect?

The no anger comment puzzles me until l realise she means that JT could have stopped the abduction. Wow. What a thing to draw attention to. If the sighting actually happened, if it was confirmed as most likely the abductor...JT would think about 'what if?' every single day. She hardly needs it in print for all the world to see. I can totally understand why people have commented on the self centeredness of KM.

P109 the criticism of the PJ has begun. They didn't carry out any searches, apparently.

P111 KM says a friend begins circulating MMs image, in accordance with standard advice of a US missing children agency.

Although she couldn't have known that at the time because why would you?

A friend also suggests a PI.

It seems that no matter what PJ did or didn't do, it was never going to be good enough.

P112 KM mentions a woman who asked for details of what happened, claiming to be a child protection officer. KM declines to speak to her as she is unsure what she is trying to achieve.

Well, as a child is missing, it seems fairly obvious what she is trying to achieve, no? I guess all sorts of odd people pop up at times like this though.

P113 Enter RM. KM is irritated he says he has a daughter just like her as she couldn't possibly be as beautiful as Madeleine.

What an utterly ridiculous thing to say. Ok as parents we all think our kids are beautiful. But to get annoyed because someone else's kid couldn't possibly be as beautiful..it's completely irrational. Bordering on unstable. JMO.

P115 KM says they have been on the phone to friends and family half the night complaining the PJ weren't doing anything.

I thought they were out half the night looking for MM.

KM goes on to say they (the friends and family) are critical of the police in the media, and they didn't think it would help MM.

What does KM think will happen once they tell anyone that will listen no one is helping them? These are not stupid people. I'm beginning to have a serious dislike of this woman.

P140 KM explains they decided to ask some of their family to go home. They intended to do it nice andcalm, but someone annoyed Gerry and it came out. KM says the family made jokes about being evicted.

So GM got the hump and told their nearest and dearest to bugger off back home. Charming.

This is the first Sunday after the disappearance. MM has only been gone two full days, the Friday and Saturday. It seems really early to be telling people to leave.

P141 KM describes realising there was no one to pick the twins up, who had continued to go to toddler club.

Under those circumstances, with an army of people around, surely there was no need for them to go to toddler club. Fair enough about maintaining routine but if one if your children has been abducted, do you really feel ok leaving the others with strangers? Or would you not want to let them out of your sight?

P205 the McCanns return from Rome. She notes she had a low point that night, quoting from her diary '..need you back! X'.

I have noted this before. KM talks about the welfare of MM in relation to her own needs rather than as a separate thing.

Not that it is evidence of anything other than being self centred.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pagan25
Back