Kate Spade, 55, Fashion Designer, Found Dead, Suicide

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kate Spade's sister says she's been threatened for speaking out | Daily Mail Online

Saffo's son Laith wasn't surprised by his family's reaction.

He claims that his relatives - including Spade's husband Andy - had been too concerned with trying to 'cover up' his aunt's mental illness because they were worried how it could affect the brand.

'My aunts and uncles, and even Andy and David are trying to do a cover up— acting as if she was not ill,' he told the DailyMail.com, adding he was devastated by the loss of Spade.

'We are reeling from the loss of such an amazing woman. It did NOT have to happen!

Saffo's son Micheal claims his relatives - including Spade's husband Andy (couple above in 2016) - had been too busy trying to 'cover up' his aunt's mental illness because they were worried how it could affect the brand

'She desperately needed help and my mother and I flew out to her summer home in Napa couple of yrs ago ago to get her into treatment— we came so close to getting her the help she needed, too, but ultimately we failed.

I am left wondering about why Kate's husband chose to move to another apartment if they did not intend to divorce.

I am left wondering about why Kate's husband chose to move to another apartment if they did not intend to divorce.

Agree. It doesn’t align with what his public statement was. Nor his SM accounts wherein he was definitely doing his own thing. I have a sense that he was checked out a good while ago but made the statement in attempts to silence questions and all speculation. This way he doesn’t have to elaborate on the health of the relationship.

I get that’s its of no issue now so why bring that in to the media frenzy mix in making things worse for Bea. But it’s bothersome that he gets to frame it any way he wants to, versus anything Kate experienced firsthand. We will never know the whole story.

What he did with that mask was unsettling! And not helpful for Bea. It brought more attention to the situation, the kind that I think her classmates would find peculiar. That image will be remembered indefinitely.

Agree. It doesn’t align with what his public statement was. Nor his SM accounts wherein he was definitely doing his own thing. I have a sense that he was checked out a good while ago but made the statement in attempts to silence questions and all speculation. This way he doesn’t have to elaborate on the health of the relationship.

I get that’s its of no issue now so why bring that in to the media frenzy mix in making things worse for Bea. But it’s bothersome that he gets to frame it any way he wants to, versus anything Kate experienced firsthand. We will never know the whole story.

What he did with that mask was unsettling! And not helpful for Bea. It brought more attention to the situation, the kind that I think her classmates would find peculiar. That image will be remembered indefinitely.

Why do we need the whole story or the health of their relationship? At this point it doesn't matter if they had a bad relationship or were getting a divorce. He doesn't have to disclose anything to the public.

What I do find unsettling is not the mask, it's the hounding media and public. They are recording and analyzing his every move. It seems like people are trying to find a place to lay blame, in my opinion.

In the "Where is Kate" video marketing campaign that her husband, Andy Spade, starred in, wrote, and directed, Andy Spade's detective character, wears one red shoelace and one beige shoelace. In last interview, Andy also has a red shoelace on one shoe. The Frances Valentine logo is also red. I wonder if the red scarf Kate used for her suicide was chosen for some symbolic red.

Also, the $12K pad media reports Andy is living in shows it was off the market for leasing May 3, 2017 more than one year after Kate killed herself. The advertisement of the listing was "minimum 2 year lease preferred. Condo for rent at 1143 Park Avenue 3, New York, NY, 10128
If I were temporarily separating or living apart from my husband, I don't think I would sign a 2-year lease unless it was to start the move on from marriage process- maybe that's just me. Andy said he and Kate stopped living together 10 months ago.

The note that media reports stated Kate Spade left to her 13 year old daughter is disturbing. Ask Daddy! So, basically the words of your husband who has been living in a different residence from you for 10 months or so with one of the reasons being because of marital problems, is the one who you instruct your daughter to get answers as to why you've killed yourself with a red scarf at the home your daughter grew up in? Sad, disturbing, and sort of a cliffhanger that is in my opinion painful for children and loved ones you leave behind.

Kate Spade Obituary on Legacy.com

There are many condolences attached.

Dear Gooddeeds,

Thank you so much for sharing the beautifully-worded Obituary with us.

This quote from Kate Spade's Obituary is meaningful to me:

"Outside a Kate Spade store on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue Tuesday, Dorothy Ruderman, who said she was a fan of the designer, compared Spade's death to that of Robin Williams, who hanged himself in 2014. "You see someone who kind of made a career off of making people smile," she said. "It's sad."

In the "Where is Kate" video marketing campaign that her husband, Andy Spade, starred in, wrote, and directed, Andy Spade's detective character, wears one red shoelace and one beige shoelace. In last interview, Andy also has a red shoelace on one shoe. The Frances Valentine logo is also red. I wonder if the red scarf Kate used for her suicide was chosen for some symbolic red.

Also, the $12K pad media reports Andy is living in shows it was off the market for leasing May 3, 2017 more than one year after Kate killed herself. The advertisement of the listing was "minimum 2 year lease preferred. Condo for rent at 1143 Park Avenue 3, New York, NY, 10128
If I were temporarily separating or living apart from my husband, I don't think I would sign a 2-year lease unless it was to start the move on from marriage process- maybe that's just me. Andy said he and Kate stopped living together 10 months ago.

The note that media reports stated Kate Spade left to her 13 year old daughter is disturbing. Ask Daddy! So, basically the words of your husband who has been living in a different residence from you for 10 months or so with one of the reasons being because of marital problems, is the one who you instruct your daughter to get answers as to why you've killed yourself with a red scarf at the home your daughter grew up in? Sad, disturbing, and sort of a cliffhanger that is in my opinion painful for children and loved ones you leave behind.

I feel that Andy was her rock and when he chose to live in another apartment, she was probably devastated and lonely at night for adult company and her depression and anxiety probably got worse. I did not really like nor even understand that video Andy made which is on her website entitled, "Where's Kate?"

David Spade Donates $100,000 to Help Those Affected by Mental Illness After Sister-In-Law Kate's Suicide

“More people suffer from mental health issues than we may realize but no one should ever feel ashamed to reach out for support,” Spade says.

“If you or anyone you know is in need of help or guidance please contact the national suicide prevention hotline at 800-273-8255 or go to nami.org to learn more and help those who may be in need,” he adds.

NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions affected by mental illness through educational programs and support groups.

Spade's obituary ran under both her maiden name, Katherine Noel Brosnahan, as well as Kate Spade, her married name, which became a billion-dollar brand.

The funeral is being held at the same church where Spade's grandparents were married, according to her father, Frank Brosnahan.

"I imagine there will be a crowd," Brosnahan said.

In lieu of flowers, loved ones asked that donations be sent to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals or to Wayside Waifs.

Online condolences may be left at www.mcgilleystatelinechapel.com.

More here:
Funeral services for Kate Spade will be held Thursday in Kansas City

Kate Spade's 'heartbroken' father, 89, dies night before his daughter's funeral
By Eric Adler, The Kansas City Star
1 hr ago

A statement was sent to The Star at 2:58 p.m., two minutes before the funeral mass for Spade, who took her own life in her New York City Park Avenue apartment on June 5.

The statement reads:

"We are deeply saddened to announce that Katy's father, Earl F. Brosnahan, Jr. (Frank), passed away last night at age 89. He had been in failing health of late and was heartbroken over the recent death of his beloved daughter. He was at home and surrounded by family at the time of his passing.

By Eric Adler, The Kansas City Star
1 hr ago

A statement was sent to The Star at 2:58 p.m., two minutes before the funeral mass for Spade, who took her own life in her New York City Park Avenue apartment on June 5.

The statement reads:

"We are deeply saddened to announce that Katy's father, Earl F. Brosnahan, Jr. (Frank), passed away last night at age 89. He had been in failing health of late and was heartbroken over the recent death of his beloved daughter. He was at home and surrounded by family at the time of his passing.

This saddens my heart. Thinking especially of his granddaughter who has suffered such great loss .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim
Back