KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
courtbreakfast_zps083d9633.jpg

So see if you can find Nancy, Maureen and Ponytail in there. Jurors 6, 16 and 17

Ok so we got to court. Samantha had asked us all to sit on the front row which we did. Aunt Heather was there on the end seat and Joilyn, me, Stacey, her cousin Cody, Katie Wick, Travis friend Pam all sat on the front in a strong coalition sitting in the family's stead.

3 jurors across the aisle: Ponytail, Maureen and Nancy (Tara, Marylou and Diane).

First we see Jodi brought in in her stripes and shackles. She was literally held like on a leash by an armed female guard and there were 4 other guards around her. She looked like crap. Grey, anxious looking, yet trying to hold that sociopathic dignity as she limped across the courtrooom bound by the hands and feet in chains.

The female guard walked with Jodi across the courtroom literally hanging on to her shackles the entire way. She can't even walk alone now.

The rest of the armed sheriff's guards dressed in full combat gear with these packs on the front of their uniforms that looked like parachutes and all kinds of paraphenalia hanging off their bodies lined the courtroom. 3 on the side of the family, one over on the DT side and another at the door Jodi comes and goes from.

I asked both Victim Advocates if this was normal and they were split. one said they only do this level of security for an inmate who has known behavior problems and they are anticipating a problem. The other said she believed it was because of the convicted felon's new status as a first degree murderer that warranted this high level of security. It was strange and intense.

Long period of time where the DT was in an ex parte hearing, leaving Martinez and FLores sitting up at the prosecution table alone.

MANY defense attorneys filing in for their cases. I'd say around 20 in the well at one point. It was weird.

Willmott came out, alone at one point, walked past the prosecution table and in a coquettish fashion said "Miss me?" to Flores.

Inappropriate and unprofessional. We all heard it.

Martinez ended up coming over to the front row and hung out for awhile chatting with us while we all waited for the DT to be finished.

I told him about jayarohh's graphic being made in to a T shirt and told him I'd get him one. ALso told him about some more of his graphics and his SONG that I love and ...yes ladies, he went over and wrote down his personal contact info for me to send it to him. (no I'm not sharing lol) He was tickled at the idea of this song. I can't wait for him to hear it. He was relaxed and friendly.

I'd guess about an hour went on, MANY defense attorneys coming in, various other people in the public gallery (not many media), Jodi's Mom and a friend sitting on the second to last row defense side. A male friend with "striped" hair sitting with her family got kicked out for some reason. Someone said he blew Jodi a kiss?

Media were Kiefer of course, Chris Williams, Mary Ellen Relendez (sp?), Ryan Owens, Jim an ABC guy, not nearly as many , just scattered around.

It was weird by the way walking up and no media trucks taking up that whole block.

Finally they came out and got Aunt Heather (who we were sitting with) and JM and FLores and took them back to chambers.

Just have to publicly thank jayarohh because it is 100% because of his creativity that I get to have these chats with Juan Martinez.

He asked me again who I am and reminded him of our case and he asked me a ton of questions about the Apelt brothers, their status, he knew one of them was removed from DR, asked me about that, the details, their first names, about Cathy Hughes our prosecutor. He was genuinely interested in how things were going in our case. Good man.

I also got an opportunity to tell him personally about a certain reporter in the courtroom who has said vitriolic things to me about him. He was very interested in hearing about this. I quoted one hideous thing this reporter said to me and just said "I think you should watch your back" to which he said "I know, what's his problem?". He asked me to share more with him at a later time (let me just make clear, he was entirely professional with me, friendly, appropriate and may I say, caring).

If it weren't for my beloved jararroh's creativity I'd not keep getting these moments. Amazing. I spoke with Juan for a good 15 min today, most of it him asking me questions.

But the conversation starter was jayarroh's t shirt.

Martinez ended up coming over to the front row and hung out for awhile chatting with us while we all waited for the DT to be finished.

I told him about jayarohh's graphic being made in to a T shirt and told him I'd get him one. ALso told him about some more of his graphics and his SONG that I love and ...yes ladies, he went over and wrote down his personal contact info for me to send it to him. (no I'm not sharing lol) He was tickled at the idea of this song. I can't wait for him to hear it. He was relaxed and friendly.
So glad you were there! Interesting that JM was relaxed! Were you able to see the chained prisoner? In the video, to me, she appeared with a righteous indignant mug...compared to her over expressive Mona Lisa grin in the booking photo! The chains a nice added feature, flanked by guards.

So glad you were there! Interesting that JM was relaxed! Were you able to see the chained prisoner? In the video, to me, she appeared with a righteous indignant mug...compared to her over expressive Mona Lisa grin in the booking photo! The chains a nice added feature, flanked by guards.

I saw it all. She looked like she was straining a smile over a mask of "f'ed up ness". She looked very different to me. Very affected by her current state of affairs.

I heard that her lip was quivering in chambers. not like she was crying, more like she was nervous. Good.

Just have to publicly thank jayarohh because it is 100% because of his creativity that I get to have these chats with Juan Martinez.

He asked me again who I am and reminded him of our case and he asked me a ton of questions about the Apelt brothers, their status, he knew one of them was removed from DR, asked me about that, the details, their first names, about Cathy Hughes our prosecutor. He was genuinely interested in how things were going in our case. Good man.

I also got an opportunity to tell him personally about a certain reporter in the courtroom who has said vitriolic things to me about him. He was very interested in hearing about this. I quoted one hideous thing this reporter said to me and just said "I think you should watch your back" to which he said "I know, what's his problem?". He asked me to share more with him at a later time (let me just make clear, he was entirely professional with me, friendly, appropriate and may I say, caring).

If it weren't for my beloved jararroh's creativity I'd not keep getting these moments. Amazing. I spoke with Juan for a good 15 min today, most of it him asking me questions.

Katie, did you answer, " Yes.... Or....No???:floorlaugh:

Much less time with all of them back in chambers than the ex parte hearing.

Arias comes out, still attached to her armed to the hilt female guard holding her shackles, taken straight back out the side door..rest room?

Then she came back in. Kind of hard to see her as there were so many other attorneys flanking her waiting for their cases to begin. Again JA holds up the workings of the court.

Long period of time where the DT was in an ex parte hearing, leaving Martinez and FLores sitting up at the prosecution table alone.

MANY defense attorneys filing in for their cases. I'd say around 20 in the well at one point. It was weird.

Willmott came out, alone at one point, walked past the prosecution table and in a coquettish fashion said "Miss me?" to Flores.

Inappropriate and unprofessional. We all heard it.

BBM: Did he vomit on her shoes? I would have...

We noticed a certain reporter who we, the collective we who are on the side of the FAMILY, trying to talk to the jurors (not Kiefer, there's another one who's joined at the hip with him I DO NOT trust). One of the gals called Tara over to warn her about talking to him. He's another spin Dr. spinning in the Arias disco.

As you know Stephens comes in to just say this hearing is delayed until July 18. I watched Arias for a long time, through the gauntlet of other defense attorneys talking to Maria de la Rosa literally flanked by three armed guards within striking distance of her. The female standing behind her I think still holding on to her shackles THE ENTIRE TIME she was seated there and two other of the "parachute" guards standing on either side of her like a guard sandwich.

So I watched her as long as I could. She looks pale grey and her affect, to me, is different. Listen you can only look so cocky in full shackles and prison stripes.

She looked more "broken" to me for lack of a better word but trying to look confident. This confinement/conviction is having an effect on her. I can see it.

She was still in there talking to delaRosa flanked by guards when we left.

Some of the gals had already invited the three jurors to go with us to breakfast after so we all congregated in the hall after and they were swarmed with reporters--Mary Ellen from Ch. 5 (I think?) and her associate, wanting interviews. They agreed to talk briefly and we all went down together and suddenly they were swarmed by I'd say about 10 cameras.

We waited for them while they all 3 did interviews then walked over to a breakfast place.

Ran in to Ryan Owens (LOVE HIM, remember his JA interview?). He joined us briefly. I have a cute photo w/ him I'll post in a sec. he's a doll.

I saw it all. She looked like she was straining a smile over a mask of "f'ed up ness". She looked very different to me. Very affected by her current state of affairs.

I heard that her lip was quivering in chambers. not like she was crying, more like she was nervous. Good.
Quivering lip...no tears. Perhaps the cold blood running through her veins. If it's reality sinking in I think that might be right up there with she and Willmott not being able to wear matching outfits today. Clank. Clank clank.

So 12 of us I think ended up at a long breakfast. It was great to meet/talk with these jurors. I convinced one to go on Tricia's radio show which she will in 3 Sundays (she's going on vacation). Maybe she will get more. They are clearly still needing to process. i don't want to break confidence on anything but we did hear that it was the timeline laid out that convinced them all of the premeditation. Timeline in photos I mean of the actual murder. JA's own photos convicted her.

Also I heard that Juror 2 Trump played a major role in guiding deliberations.

They also thought 8 would have been foreperson had he not been removed (always my call). Lots of respect for him all around.

Thank you for all the updates.
To see Jodi in the actual prison attire was so great. For the Alexander family I wish this would be over. Sending them prayers & hugs. Their strength as a family is so admirable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela