KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I went back on this thread but can't find KatieCool's twitter account??? Can someone please post it!!!??

TIA!! :seeya:

Praying for a verdict today - death, of course... :fence:

A version I saw today of that online article indicated it was signed by the foreperson. it was brought to my attention for that reason. I suspect it was edited after that was questioned. The whole thing is suspect (how that form was released) but that's not what's important to me. What it actually said is.

Websleuths has officially worn me out and I think my time for updates has concluded...which is maybe why the court observer thread is gone.

I'm focusing my attention now where I know it's fruitful.

One more day and I believe a verdict will come in, I'm holding that faith and invite anyone who can or wants to to join me. The rest I'm not going to expose myself to anymore.

I have been away for a few days and am trying to catch up on some of the posts. Sweet KCL, you are a wise woman to know when your limits have been reached (or surpassed) and that it is time to step back a bit. I do hope our paths cross more in the future--it has been a pleasure to know you through WS.

I am hopeful there will be a verdict today and the Alexander family can achieve some peace. They still have a rough road ahead emotionally.

This trial has illustrated to me how unqualified I would be to either be a prosecutor or victim's advocate supporting a victim's family every day in court!
I am a nervous wreck each time the feed goes live action! I've even got a migraine today (add a potty-training 4 year old to it & it's not fun!) (Yes, she's 4 and only uses the potty when the mood strikes her)

Thank you, Katiecoolady, for the outpouring of love and support for the Alexanders. I know that God has given you a real gift to be with the family--you had a baptism by fire to truly understand their pain with your sister's murder. Thanks for using your gift!

I can't imagine the terror that must flood the family's hearts as they are called into the courtroom for anything other than a death verdict. My pulse quickens each time we go in, and my disappointment overwhelms me when I find out it's just another question.

I'm sure Juan Martinez has a much thicker skin than I do, but you can tell that he is very solicitous of the family and he truly fought for justice for them in a personal way.

Thanks again!

Lara

Sorry, I went back on this thread but can't find KatieCool's twitter account??? Can someone please post it!!!??

@katiecoolady

It was pulled, because frankly, it was a big mess. The thread stopped being a Q & A thread and turned into a general discussion thread.

Thanks in advance for your patience. We are super busy around here. We have another huge case that is breaking. It's has anywhere from 800-1,700 people following nearly all day and many of them are new members that need help. This is addition to the rest of this BIG website.

I know everyone here (me included) are glued to the verdict watch but there are thousands of missing persons cases here. We're pedaling as fast as we can.

I am going to try to open a new Court Observers thread soon. It's simply a matter of priorities. Hang tight please. :)

Is it the Redwine case Beachy? If not , point me & thanks for all you do!

Is it the Redwine case Beachy? If not , point me & thanks for all you do!

No, it is the Bosma forum. Blowing up fast and furious. And if you want to get your teeth into a real whodunit, this is the one! Somebody asked yesterday, "Where's Bond when you really need him?!" :D

Here ya go:
@katiecoolady

This trial has illustrated to me how unqualified I would be to either be a prosecutor or victim's advocate supporting a victim's family every day in court!
I am a nervous wreck each time the feed goes live action! I've even got a migraine today (add a potty-training 4 year old to it & it's not fun!) (Yes, she's 4 and only uses the potty when the mood strikes her)
Thank you, Katiecoolady, for the outpouring of love and support for the Alexanders. I know that God has given you a real gift to be with the family--you had a baptism by fire to truly understand their pain with your sister's murder. Thanks for using your gift!

I can't imagine the terror that must flood the family's hearts as they are called into the courtroom for anything other than a death verdict. My pulse quickens each time we go in, and my disappointment overwhelms me when I find out it's just another question.

I'm sure Juan Martinez has a much thicker skin than I do, but you can tell that he is very solicitous of the family and he truly fought for justice for them in a personal way.

Thanks again!

Lara

BBM

I agree. Definitely in the VA part and I know what it is like to have daily migraines and potty train 4 year olds (living it right now too). I sometimes think I missed my calling as an attorney though. Mostly just b/c I like to argue my point. Then I snap back out of it and realize God has gifted me with much less confrontational means with which to serve society.
And KCL HAS been uniquely qualified for this task at this time. I mean she has been so wonderful with support in light of the verdicts and decisions thus far. Can you imagine how much deeper she would have had to dig for support in light of verdicts and decisions that were not favorable? I KNOW she would have done it though. I personally question if I could.
Stay blessed Lara. I pray blessings and strength from Holy Spirit on KCL as this THING winds up.

Does anyone remember the MelMcGuire verdict?

i know they were sent back a few times and possibly a juror was removed. I also would like to point out that this judge didn't read the Allen Charge. She didn't advise the jury I am now going to read to you THE ALLEN CHARGE instead she gave a pretty broad off the cuff, "please go back and deliberate again". Did anyone hear her address the jury and actually charge them with the Allen charge? IN AZ; don't they have to actually read that charge to the jury? In Mel's case they first were sent back to continue, like in this case....then the allen charge was read on the 2nd or 3rd attempt, I forget which. It's my humble opinion they have not received the Allen Charge as of yet.

BBM

I agree. Definitely in the VA part and I know what it is like to have daily migraines and potty train 4 year olds (living it right now too). I sometimes think I missed my calling as an attorney though. Mostly just b/c I like to argue my point. Then I snap back out of it and realize God has gifted me with much less confrontational means with which to serve society.
And KCL HAS been uniquely qualified for this task at this time. I mean she has been so wonderful with support in light of the verdicts and decisions thus far. Can you imagine how much deeper she would have had to dig for support in light of verdicts and decisions that were not favorable? I KNOW she would have done it though. I personally question if I could.
Stay blessed Lara. I pray blessings and strength from Holy Spirit on KCL as this THING winds up.

Thank you, Limo! :loveyou:

I think we're all kindred spirits here--I would have LOVED law school, but by the time my life fell into place it wasn't financially feasible & I had already gotten a Master's in something else. Good thing we have people like Juan Martinez to watch in action!

Does anyone remember the MelMcGuire verdict?

i know they were sent back a few times and possibly a juror was removed. I also would like to point out that this judge didn't read the Allen Charge. She didn't advise the jury I am now going to read to you THE ALLEN CHARGE instead she gave a pretty broad off the cuff, "please go back and deliberate again". Did anyone hear her address the jury and actually charge them with the Allen charge? IN AZ; don't they have to actually read that charge to the jury? In Mel's case they first were sent back to continue, like in this case....then the allen charge was read on the 2nd or 3rd attempt, I forget which. It's my humble opinion they have not received the Allen Charge as of yet.

ITA! We don't know exactly what happened. The TH are just speculating--I don't think that the jury said they were at an impasse--I think everyone jumped to conclusions without clarification.

Adding my love for the Katies and the Alexanders. I have been thinking and praying for everyone all day.

Saw the family this am- hugs all around- they seemed all strong. Had to go to work- not enough time to get back now. My peeps are in the courtroom right now w the family- waiting my brother

BBM

I am prepared and ready to support the family no matter the outcome- discussed this last night w them

Katie, we need to have another fund raising before this next phase. The state of Ky reimbursed us for gas and eats, but I can tell you, it was less than $100.00 for two weeks of attending. We need to make sure that this family suffers NO FINANCIAL hardship because of this murderer! Hubby said I could use his card again. I don't use mine on the net because this is my real name. Please tell the family that I will help willingly, and it will come from the heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steck1