KC defense team.What now?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless if anything was useless, Baez requested them and the State did the work and charged him and he didn't pick them up

PLUS how does he know every single tip on that was worthless? He is the one all hell bent on getting every single thing, which he should, HE and his employees need to get their behinds over to LE and gather the info and put them on disc themselves OTHERWISE the State will do it and charge him for it

He requested all the tips and the only ones they released were the useless tips. He did not request the useless tips in particular. I am not defending him in the least, but to this day they are withholding the important calls/emails/faxes to the tipline(s).

No. He got the psychic tips, which we've all seen, but he wanted the other, more substantial tips released. They were compiled and have been sitting there waiting for him. He didn't want to pay the money for them.

It's my understanding that the tips that are sitting there waiting for him are the psychic tips.

No. He got the psychic tips, which we've all seen, but he wanted the other, more substantial tips released. They were compiled and have been sitting there waiting for him. He didn't want to pay the money for them.

Were the good ones compiled and are waiting for him? I wasn't aware of that. I was aware that he didn't go pay the money for the psychic tips, etc and those were compiled and released.

Some of this stuff was already supposed to have been released. I wonder why it has not yet been released? I know they can withhold information that is still in the investigation process, but I don't understand what they are still trying to investigate. I guess we will be getting a huge document dump soon.

My guess is that Baez is so busy setting up tip lines, holding hands with Casey, being a gopher for this defense team, he doesn't have time to go get the information he's entitled to.

He doesn't have paralegals? That makes no sense - I'm sure Casey was playing paralegal, seeing the get up she was arrested in

Now that these motions have been filed, the press will be all over it and request it - yeah we should see a document dump soon - which is good!

I don't understand the ZG documents he wants - he hasn't been investigating this already? Shouldn't Baez have been doing all the ZG investigations because of the civil suit?

What am I missing here??? Hey maybe Baez is hiring!

It's my understanding that the tips that are sitting there waiting for him are the psychic tips.

Same here. I have not read anywhere that further tips were released and waiting for him to pick them up. The release that we have all seen is the release he refused to pick up as far as I know.

Frankly, I could care less about Baez, but I am personally curious as to the "good" tips because that would include people like Kronk.

That tip release was a poke in the eye imo. They withheld many useful tips and still do to this day. Those tips released were merely the babbling wannabe psychics and whatnot.

Oh I know. I remember watching the live feed of the hearing where JB got up and said something to the effect of how the county was "holding him hostage" by presenting a bill, which he couldn't pay because he didn't have the funds.

My point was is this another batch of motions being made with the plea to the court being "I cannot pay for the xerox charges". And didn't the custodian of the records say something along the lines that for their office to compile docs to put on the CD/DVD, it is rather expensive. And JB objected to that.

I just feel this is but a rerun of what we saw earlier during that hearing.

With JB's past record of saying what he has or doesn't have, we really don't know if the docs are sitting at the court waiting for him to pay and p/u.

Were the good ones compiled and are waiting for him? I wasn't aware of that. I was aware that he didn't go pay the money for the psychic tips, etc and those were compiled and released.

Hmmm... :waitasec: I thought that in one of the hearings (there have been so many :crazy:) Baez was upset, because he got the psychic tips, but he wanted the other ones. He was told they were ready and waiting for him. He complained about the cost to get them, and he was told it took time and energy to compile them, and that he had to pay to get them. The judge agreed. Why would he have been arguing to get the tips after the psychic ones had all been released?

All the tips are waiting for him - even LE stated when the motion was filed that most of these tips were ones from the A's that Baez should have already had

Same here. I have not read anywhere that further tips were released and waiting for him to pick them up. The release that we have all seen is the release he refused to pick up as far as I know.

Frankly, I could care less about Baez, but I am personally curious as to the "good" tips because that would include people like Kronk.

Those tips went to another crime line tip line - thats not LE's tip line - Baez has to supoenoa the separate crime line tips - AND the KFN tip line - has Baez done that???

Remember the other crime line tip line was the one that kept people on hold for a long time, sometimes more than 30 min - a lot of people said that they would call it and either no one would answer or they were put on hold forever

Thank you Wudge for explaining far more clearly than I. :)

It sounds as if 'probable cause' is the same as the 'balance of probabilities' standard (51/49) used in civil claims (at least here in the UK).

Correct. It's the standard of proof for civil cases in the U.S. too.

Hmmm... :waitasec: I thought that in one of the hearings (there have been so many :crazy:) Baez was upset, because he got the psychic tips, but he wanted the other ones. He was told they were ready and waiting for him. He complained about the cost to get them, and he was told it took time and energy to compile them, and that he had to pay to get them. The judge agreed. Why would he have been arguing to get the tips after the psychic ones had all been released?

IIRC. He did not want to pay for this batch because I think it did also contain pyschic tips as well. I think he wanted the State to go through and process them to remove everything other than valid tips. :eek:

IIRC. He did not want to pay for this batch because I think it did also contain pyschic tips as well. I think he wanted the State to go through and process them to remove everything other than valid tips. :eek:

Thanks to you and the others that posted something similar. My recollection could be way off. It has been on other things. My brain can only hold so much, and this case takes up about 90%. Ha! :crazy:

The dogs didn't search in the water, that is why they did not find her. They also were searching toward the end of Suburban, not anywhere near where the body was found.

There was heavy brush there and a steep drop off, so unless the dogs were downwind (where the swamp was) and in the exact area they would not have found her. You don't have to "walk them up" to the body, but you do have to have them where they can get a scent and where they searched was far away. That is over 15 acres (some reports said 24 acres, one said 33 acres) and that is a large area with a swamp to search. It would have taken 2-3 days to search and even then if the body was underwater unless they had specially trained water cadaver dogs, it might not have been found. (especially if the bag was still sealed at that time)

Well, I think Mr. K's calls gave them a little more direction than having to search 15 acres, right? More like less than 1 acre? Even if it had been 15 acres, I'm surprised they wouldn't find the body. If Mr. Kronk could find something, why not the dogs? (If the body was there at the time they went.)
Can't the dogs supposedly detect bodies underwater, too?
I mean, if the dogs supposedly detected a place in the A's back yard where a body had been placed for a matter of hours up to days but was no longer located, how could they not detect the actual decomposing body? It was only August.

Yes this is why I am so riveted I think...the trial should be very interesting indeed!!! I do really want justice for Caylee as well, how awful if the guilty party is let off on a "technicality". :confused:

I think there is a greater chance of KC being convicted even if she is innocent, due to the impression created by her failure to report, and the trunk or backyard "decomposition" evidence (depending on if the jury find it convincing). Although none of these proves that KC is the one who harmed her child, in my opinion.

I agree that the failure to report is very incriminating, but there are other reasons a person might not report the disappearance to the LE, or might not even be able to stop lying in order to defend themselves, or a person might appear to be lying when they aren't.

Well, I think Mr. K's calls gave them a little more direction than having to search 15 acres, right? More like less than 1 acre? Even if it had been 15 acres, I'm surprised they wouldn't find the body. If Mr. Kronk could find something, why not the dogs? (If the body was there at the time they went.)
Can't the dogs supposedly detect bodies underwater, too?
I mean, if the dogs supposedly detected a place in the A's back yard where a body had been placed for a matter of hours up to days but was no longer located, how could they not detect the actual decomposing body? It was only August.

can you please provide a link where it is stated they took cadavar dogs to search the area the MR reported? My understanding is the officers cleared the area within minutes of their arrival to the scene, both times in August, according to the logs.

I think there is a greater chance of KC being convicted even if she is innocent, due to the impression created by her failure to report, and the trunk or backyard "decomposition" evidence (depending on if the jury find it convincing). Although none of these proves that KC is the one who harmed her child, in my opinion.

I agree that the failure to report is very incriminating, but there are other reasons a person might not report the disappearance to the LE, or might not even be able to stop lying in order to defend themselves, or a person might appear to be lying when they aren't.

Yes , not reporting your child missing for a month does create quite the impression.

"your honor, she can't stop lying, it's not her fault!" Now, that defense should have them rolling in the isles!

Just curious what reason there could be for not reporting a missing child to law enforcement? I can't think of any right off the top of my head?

If KC is indeed innocent, then the finger has to point back at CA since she was the last one to have seen Caylee alive.

Yes , not reporting your child missing for a month does create quite the impression.

If you want to get technical, she never reported her missing. Cindy dialed 911 and put Casey on the phone. Reluctantly (as you hear in the background), she gets on with the dispatcher. In her smug, emotionless tone, tells her 31 days. But for Cindy, we wouldn't be here.

She, Casey herself, never dialed LE about her missing child.

can you please provide a link where it is stated they took cadavar dogs to search the area the MR reported? My understanding is the officers cleared the area within minutes of their arrival to the scene, both times in August, according to the logs.

I was only discussing like everyone else how in Gale St John's video in August she asks her friends in the car, why do we feel we need to search here, LE said it has already been cleared with the dogs, etc.

Also, it's been reported over and over in the media that the area was cleared by LE after Mr. K's August tips, and the dogs were either used then or had been previously.

If LE never took dogs there, please do provide your link to set us all straight. Thanks!

(Why would LE NOT have taken cadaver dogs to clear an area where someone said they found what they believed to possibly be remains? Why would they not have searched the A's neighborhood with dogs already anyway? Especially after KMT suggested the vicinity of the school way back when...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei