KC defense team.What now?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There absolutely does not need to be anything more compelling than the evidence we have heard or read.

The indictment is merely a claim. The claim is based on a Grand Jury finding probable cause. Probable cause is based on a lower legal standard; i.e., preponderance of the evidence -- for example, a 51/49 level of certainty. It differs from the far higher trial standard of proof; i.e., proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

HTH

Thank you Wudge for explaining far more clearly than I. :)

It sounds as if 'probable cause' is the same as the 'balance of probabilities' standard (51/49) used in civil claims (at least here in the UK).

Just looked at the update thread. Why would Conway the Anthony's attorney go to a meeting about the autopsy photos? Isn't that a little strange? Unless they are going to try and sell them.

I would suspect that it was to state categorically, on behalf of KC's parents that CA and GA do NOT want the photos leaked or sold. I believe that the position being taken is, if it takes a little longer to have the legal requirements in place to prevent a 3rd party selling them or them being leaked in transmission then they support that.

The family do not want them out there. Need to know. Period.

This seems contradicted by the Defense motion that the 14 days are up and it is handicapping their ability to make progress, so they want the discovery regardless of stakes or risks (or even desire to cash in to help the Defense).

I think men tend to want to think the best about and are even protective toward "sweet looking young things".

IMO, women are more realistic about what other females may be capable of.

I'd like to see a jury composed of 12 women whose husbands were caught cheating with "sweet looking young things".

Geez most of that he can just go online to any news station and get

What Baez wants done is for the State to do all the work - just like last time - the State put everything to CD and Baez didn't go get it - I don't understand why Baez doesn't get his paralegals to go to LE and do the work and get all the stuff

Didn't the judge tell him to do that the last time???

Geez most of that he can just go online to any news station and get

What Baez wants done is for the State to do all the work - just like last time - the State put everything to CD and Baez didn't go get it - I don't understand why Baez doesn't get his paralegals to go to LE and do the work and get all the stuff

Didn't the judge tell him to do that the last time???

I am pretty sure these 15 or so motions are for evidence that has yet to be released.

I have been reading. Interestingly a visit to Casey by the family has yet to be released. I want to see that.

He is after Kronk, ZG, Ricardo, and AL information.

I guess he's looking for the ZG investigation by LE? We haven't seen that either - that will be interesting

I wonder when Baez does these motions, that the press sees it and requests it as part of the Sunshine law - maybe we'll have a video and document dump soon

I am pretty sure these 15 or so motions are for evidence that has yet to be released.

I know that - the last time he had motions for evidence, he didn't go pick it up - what the judge said to do is for Baez to do the work instead Baez asks for it and wants the state to do the work gathering it - and the State charges him for the work done

The judge last time told Baez that the State doesn't do the work for the defense

I guess he's looking for the ZG investigation by LE? We haven't seen that either - that will be interesting

I wonder when Baez does these motions, that the press sees it and requests it as part of the Sunshine law - maybe we'll have a video and document dump soon

Some of this stuff was already supposed to have been released. I wonder why it has not yet been released? I know they can withhold information that is still in the investigation process, but I don't understand what they are still trying to investigate. I guess we will be getting a huge document dump soon.

I know that - the last time he had motions for evidence, he didn't go pick it up - what the judge said to do is for Baez to do the work instead Baez asks for it and wants the state to do the work gathering it - and the State charges him for the work done

The judge last time told Baez that the State doesn't do the work for the defense

The only thing he didn't pick up were the useless psychic tips. I frankly don't blame him since I think that was a bit of a poke in the eye. They have not released any useful tips for some reason.

Not sticking up for Baez.

Did JB ever pay that $900.00 or so buckeroo's for the tips? Wonder how many of the docs he has today presented in his motions are ready for p/u and he simply hasn't done it yet?

But we all know that is not going to happen in this case. If I were related to KC, I would try to get her to get another attorney ASAP. Baez is not qualified or smart enough to try this case. He reminds me of a friend of mine in grade school who would learn bits and pieces of things, and then run his mouth about them totally out of context. He was funny, but Baez could be DEADLY to his client.

So the grade school analogy being comparable to a practice session? He has to say something and probably doesn't want to discuss the evidence per se.

Did JB ever pay that $900.00 or so buckeroo's for the tips? Wonder how many of the docs he has today presented in his motions are ready for p/u and he simply hasn't done it yet?

That tip release was a poke in the eye imo. They withheld many useful tips and still do to this day. Those tips released were merely the babbling wannabe psychics and whatnot.

The only thing he didn't pick up were the useless psychic tips. I frankly don't blame him since I think that was a bit of a poke in the eye. They have not released any useful tips for some reason.

Not sticking up for Baez.

Regardless if anything was useless, Baez requested them and the State did the work and charged him and he didn't pick them up

PLUS how does he know every single tip on that was worthless? He is the one all hell bent on getting every single thing, which he should, HE and his employees need to get their behinds over to LE and gather the info and put them on disc themselves OTHERWISE the State will do it and charge him for it

No. He got the psychic tips, which we've all seen, but he wanted the other, more substantial tips released. They were compiled and have been sitting there waiting for him. He didn't want to pay the money for them.

I was watching WFTV and they also said JB wants all names of volunteers that helped out TES when they were searching. I didn't see that motion here. I am really surprised that the Judge is not blowing a gasket right now with JB. He is the laziest lawyer I had ever seen.

Did every single volunteer sign a waiver allowing their information to be released to the defense? If not, I don't think Baez will be getting that info

Why doesn't JB go to Tim and TES and ask for that info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487