Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that Casey did
not finish high school and that she has never obtained a GED.

I am not convinced that her taking classes or attending school is a joyous event. It might be an undertaking entirely based on the statutory requirement for probationers who lack a GED.

Sure, for people like us, pursuit of education is a good thing.

It might be seen as a burden by Casey. An "OH NO Don't make me!"

She was incarcerated in a facility which offers those in custody the opportunity to take classes and to get the GED.
I saw nothing to indicate enrollment in that program.

Enrollment includes a gift of extra good/gain time for any inmate who participates.

So why didn't she do it. It's not like she didn't have the time.

Maybe she doesn't want to. Maybe she doesn't care and the system is forcing her to care.

Just an opinion & a thought
MH:wolf:

..is it possible that while in "protective custody"/confined to her cell 23 hours a day, that she wasn't "eligible" for the Inmate Programs" ?

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/Porta...orrections/docs/InmateHandbookEnglish0609.pdf
OCCD Inmate Handbook ---Inmate Programs page 13.

"The OCCD offers a wide range of programs.
"..If you are deemed appropriate to participate....."

..is it possible that while in "protective custody"/confined to her cell 23 hours a day, that she wasn't "eligible" for the Inmate Programs" ?

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/Porta...orrections/docs/InmateHandbookEnglish0609.pdf

Was the legal definition of FCA during the trial that of an "inmate"? As far as the courses went? I know she was being held without bond, but I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Not yet sentenced, because her cheque fraud was already time served.

Not suggesting FCA was interested in education upgrading tho...

Was the legal definition of FCA during the trial that of an "inmate"? As far as the courses went? I know she was being held without bond, but I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Not yet sentenced, because her cheque fraud was already time served.

Not suggesting FCA was interested in education upgrading tho...

..yes, she was an inmate of the orange county corrections department, just one being held in protective custody, awaiting trial.

..the definition @ trial would be 'defendant'.

believe me, if she'd expressed interest and wasnt being allowed, JB esp after getting the other lawyers on board, would have been all up in court about ICA's rights to education and whatnot.

they all, including she, never expected her to get out. they were concentrating 100% on saving her life. GED and schooling was the last thing on their collective mind.

Sooo... I take it that the "Where's Casey?" thread is closed - forever?? If so, do we post 'sightings' on this thread??

TIA! :loser:

It looks like she was eligible for the program.

The lengthy paper about these programs does point out that the gain time

earned by doing these programs is given to pre-trial detainees.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/166820.pdf

About the unsealing:
While the trial may be finished, it would be unwise to test the authority of the
Court.
Because the videotape was sealed by order of Judge Strickland, it will require Court action to reverse that order. That's why it's still under wraps.

I so agree that there would have been a big commotion, cries of no-fair, had Casey wanted to attend the program and been excluded.

I just want to have my little moment in which she is held to the same requirements as the other probationers and is not happy with what that pesky ol' law is making her do. :rolleyes::violin:
It's a moment in which people are not being moved around the fictional chessboard, no one is jumping through a hoop----except her.

:wolf:opinion.

It looks like she was eligible for the program.

The lengthy paper about these programs does point out that the gain time

earned by doing these programs is given to pre-trial detainees.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/166820.pdf

About the unsealing:
While the trial may be finished, it would be unwise to test the authority of the
Court.
Because the videotape was sealed by order of Judge Strickland, it will require Court action to reverse that order. That's why it's still under wraps.

I so agree that there would have been a big commotion, cries of no-fair, had Casey wanted to attend the program and been excluded.

I just want to have my little moment in which she is held to the same requirements as the other probationers and is not happy with what that pesky ol' law is making her do. :rolleyes::violin:
It's a moment in which people are not being moved around the fictional chessboard, no one is jumping through a hoop----except her.

:wolf:opinion.

Oh goody! Your pdf supplied with thanks says now she is out on probation she will get help with Job Assistance, Job Readiness Services and Job Placement Services.

I'll bet FCA thinks that is just peachy!

I don't know about Fla. but here in Ohio, the jobs requirement and the obtain GED requirement are standard for probation. However as long as they make effort at attending GED class, if they don't take the GED nothing is done. As for the attending requirement, I don't know how well they will be able to track that if she is doing it online.

I was puzzled about the job requirement and them letting her off that. Then I got to thinking that despite the 'spin' they may have actually met the job requirement and just don't want to talk about it. I would think that if the rumors about a book are true, then sessions with the writer probably meet the job requirement as she is being paid for her time.

I would like to know about other requirements though. Is she off alcohol? Required to get any MH treatment? Have any fines to pay off? That type of thing.

I would like to know about other requirements though. Is she off alcohol? Required to get any MH treatment? Have any fines to pay off? That type of thing.

snipped

She does not have to be off alcohol... she can drink but not "in excess". That's very subjective IMO. She has to check in with a probation officer once a month, and the p.o. can make random checks on her.

Oh goody! Your pdf supplied with thanks says now she is out on probation she will get help with Job Assistance, Job Readiness Services and Job Placement Services.

I'll bet FCA thinks that is just peachy!

My PDF?:curtsey: :doorhide:

But seriously,

Nope. :therethere:

That's for people in the programs.....

I'm looking at the giant chart with all the arrows.

:wolf:

My PDF?:curtsey: :doorhide:

But seriously,

Nope. :therethere:

That's for people in the programs.....

I'm looking at the giant chart with all the arrows.

:wolf:

This is really annoying me! The situation not you, MH! I will not accept that FCA will not be doing job search but will be sitting around plunking on a computer. I know I know - you talk about the largesse of the PO etc. etc., but I want more than Baez announcing it.

The DOC probation order didn't give the easy - get off free language we initially talked about so I'm just not buying it. If Miss Anthony wants to take online courses or get her GED, more power to her. Give her something to do with her evenings...

Prehaps a mortuary ? Might do her good to prepare the dead after accidents and , murders and illness....She can't hurt them, and maybe she would grow a conscious and the memory Caylee's rotting body, eaten by wildlife would burn in her mind each minute of the day !!!!!

Charleyann

I appreciate the intent behind your point, but after what Casey did to Caylee in death, thanks but no thanks!

Remember, Casey Marie Anthony has no conscience and even though her working subjects would be deceased, there are numerous ways to violate the dead.

I still say it isn't a quid pro quo deal. ... honest.

The school does not negate the job requirement.

The issue of safety per the Court, the granting of uber-discretion, is what is influencing the job sector.:truce:

I still say it isn't a quid pro quo deal. ... honest.

The school does not negate the job requirement.

The issue of safety per the Court, the granting of uber-discretion, is what is influencing the job sector.:truce:

Uber discretion was taken at the not posting her DOC records accessible online and not disclosing her location. I draw the line in the sand at the job requirements. Hide her out in a back room somewhere - let her rake leaves and what not on the Buddhist farm - and as I said - pretend to take some courses in the evening.

It is too easy for me to see Baez hiding a deal for her in a book or an interview or something if she is just sitting at home, "taking courses" or shopping online would be more like it. Taking courses so she doesn't have to report income because she's not working officially.

Baez never does something for nothing - there's a reason he's been swanning around trying to set this school stuff up - and the last thing I'd believe is he is doing it out of safety concerns about his client. Or if he now has his cut - ex-client.

snipped

That gives me a sliver of hope. What did this woman do to violate her probation?

She was in a bar. Probationers here cannot enter a place where alcohol is served.

Previous violations included cocaine possession and attacking someone with a knife. ALJ said those were not serious enough violations to revoke. So...it's not always the PO's fault if someone on probation is into all kinds of carp and nothing happens. This girl's PO wanted her revoked and the powers that be ignored it.

Hope Casey has a good PO and that person is not ignored. People do not learn a lesson sometimes until the hammer comes down. In the case here, the judges basically enabled this girl to continue her criminal ways. It does not help the person and does not help society when judges look the other way.

PLEASE to you posters who have been posting today...where is Jeff Ashton book thread? it says moved, when I click I do not have access, I looked in Park. Lot to see if it met the same fate as Dr. Phil thread, don't see it? Can someone let me know what happened to it? Thanks.

PLEASE to you posters who have been posting today...where is Jeff Ashton book thread? it says moved, when I click I do not have access, I looked in Park. Lot to see if it met the same fate as Dr. Phil thread, don't see it? Can someone let me know what happened to it? Thanks.

Ask Beach if she'll bring it back.

She said she took it to "clean it up".

Are we sure Casey isn't still in Ohio? I think this squirrel was set up :maddening:And he was stealing from LE !

http://bdtonline.com/seriously/x2134990560/Flag-stealing-squirrel-caught-in-the-act

LOL Article says no charges have been filed yet!! If these squirrells don't learn their lesson-maybe they can go to therapy and probation with KC!!:floorlaugh:
squirrel1.jpg

WHUT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members