KC & her family post remains discovery UPDATED STATEMENT

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"The Anthonys said they are working with prosecutors as best they can, and said they want whoever did this brought to justice." "huh" :waitasec:

They added their daughter, Casey, should be considered innocent until proven guilty by a jury.

Jose Baez, Casey's attorney, said George and Cindy Anthony maintain Caylee was kidnapped by a babysitter, and if the remains are Caylee's, the babysitter likely played a role in her death.

http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/12/15/is_it_caylee.html
Definitely two things wrong here.
1. JB absolutely cannot speak for the Anthonys, they have their own attorney/spokesperson.
2. Brad C has suggested asking for immunity for the A's and promised that this time that they will be consistant. (no more lies or omissions?) So how can he do this properly if he allows JB and the dream (scheme) team to be at the Anthony's house so many hours this weekend, where anything spoken could quite well be a conflict of interest or detrimental to the other party. Either JB et.al are working together with Brad C. and the A's, (and vice versa), or they are not. If they are collaborating with JB, then they are not working with prosecutors as best they can and should not be granted any sort of immunity. JB speaking for them suggests collaboration.
As always, Just My Opinion

the use of the word "conflict" in their statement intrigued me...perhaps they now realize that there is a "conflict" in their support of Casey - in that they can't have both Caylee AND Casey's interests at heart - as they contradict eachother. they are "conflicted" in their continuing support of Casey,and they are now realizing the conundrum they are faced with. they always used the excuse that "Caylee is alive" as a defensive shield to continue to deny Casey's involvement. If Caylee is dead, they lose that shield.

In reference to why the elder Anthonys have not been to see their daughter at the jail, it would be very easy for onlookers to see just what the elder Anthonys truly feel about KC's probable involvement in the death of that little baby during their initial visit.

I tend to think that their reasons for not going to see her, or even to talk with her on the phone, are twofold.

1. They run the risk of inadvertently divulging their possible involvement in any perceived cover-up and/or obstruction. This could potentially lead to charges being filed against them. If they are/were involved in purposefully covering up any illegal actions by KC, it seems to me that it would be blatantly obvious in their first encounter with KC after Caylee's remains were found. The mutual grief that we would expect to see from all the parties would likely be tempered because they already knew the true story and their words and faces would belie any attempt to conceal that fact.

2. If there is any indication that they blame her for Caylee's demise, then any pronounced public support of her story would be viewed as an outright lie--further discrediting anything that they might say in the future as to her innocence. Trying to lay blame upon an imaginary nanny would become more difficult if their first reactions to KC after hearing the news of the recovery of Caylee's remains are such that they show anger, hatred or any other vitriolic behavior towards their daughter. The Anthonys have already stated that they support her. I can understand this--even if they know that she is guilty of these heinous acts--she is still their daughter. They certainly do not want to show any diminished trust in her now--if they did, no one would believe their story about the nanny being solely responsible for Caylee's death. They are still in protect KC mode.

Personally, I would find it nearly impossible to be on the other side of a monitor while looking at the face of the person who I knew had murdered an innocent baby, my granddaughter--especially one that I had practically raised as my own, and had loved with all my heart.

I would be crawling through cables and walls in an attempt to cause serious bodily harm to that monster.

Ok...on this fine note I'm stepping away from the computer because I feel like tossing it.

Yup RR, cannot have the neighbors making a profit off of this tragedy...only the A's can do that.

I just have this rolling loop of tape that was played after the Scott Peterson trial of Jackie Peterson lugging the ironing board out of Laci's house....:furious:

Whenever I find this case to much to be believed...I just remember The Petersons: "WE WANT THOSE!"

SNIPPED

If KC is presumed innocent until proven guilty... does that mean that if the baby's remains are released for burial before she's found guilty that she will be permitted a pass to attend the funeral under the presumption of innocence? Or does she stay right where she's at?

It would seem to me that if she is to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, the judge would almost have to let her attend the funeral. Some of the tv pundits said otherwise, however.

someone needs to bring this 'rule' to JB's attention, I'm sure early on LA and KC talked about doing this. How would prison officials know the difference between a letter to mommy and notes about the crime if she sat and wrote in JB's presence, even if the room had an observation window.

Guards etc must assume JB is aware and upholding the law. If KC is sending letters home via JB's pc or on paper clearly we have a huge problem.

I wonder, if LE has found something like this, say a letter from KC brought to them from the jail by JB, or an e-mail that KC sent to them using JB's computer during a visit, if they will go after him for disbarrment before the trial? It seems that they would almost have to, but I'm no legal eagle. Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm thinking 2 statements must have been released because the one I read never mentioned the nanny. If it had. I wouldn't have had such high marks for the new attorney. As for the grammatical errors, I didn't notice any, not that I would have. I do think 2 must have been released.

Yeah, maybe they can duct tape her to a handtruck a la' Hannibal Lector and roll her to the funeral under guard, but that is the only way she is going to the funeral. I think she will have to watch the funeral on tv along with everyone else. She made her own bed.

I have read two different writtings of what the A's said....weird

I don't think you guys are giving them enough credit. I think they realize it's very very likely that it's Caylee.

2e0jwjk.jpg

I don't think you guys are giving them enough credit. I think they realize it's very very likely that it's Caylee.

2e0jwjk.jpg

This is the first one I read....but it doesnt say anything about them keeping with the nanny story...thanks for posting it :)

Grammatical errors aside, they requested 3 times in one short statement that they want everyone to respect their privacy. Too late, they sold themselves to the public.

They put up security cameras and hired guards.
Is this for the neighbors, the media, the protestors or Zanny and the toddlers with a key?

They all know it is Caylee, but until the FBI and OSCO tell them that it is 100% certain, they can not really "know" it. They all think KC killed Caylee, but until those words come out of HER mouth, they will never believe it.

Did she really bury her dead pets in the same spot? What was LP talking about? Are the A's missing a pet too?

I find this wording and the placement of the comma interesting too:

ajm2o5.jpg

Grammatical errors aside, they requested 3 times in one short statement that they want everyone to respect their privacy. Too late, they sold themselves to the public.

They put up security cameras and hired guards.
Is this for the neighbors, the media, the protestors or Zanny and the toddlers with a key?

They all know it is Caylee, but until the FBI and OSCO tell them that it is 100% certain, they can not really "know" it. They all think KC killed Caylee, but until those words come out of HER mouth, they will never believe it.

Did she really bury her dead pets in the same spot? What was LP talking about? Are the A's missing a pet too?
33wpfth.jpg
x3

SNIPPED

It would seem to me that if she is to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, the judge would almost have to let her attend the funeral. Some of the tv pundits said otherwise, however.

She may be presumed innocent until proven so in a trial, but how would you account for defendants held with NO bond on some cases...maybe even this one (I'm not sure)? The presumption of innocence doesn't extend to "privileges" otherwise all criminal awaiting trial would be out on the streets.

I doubt Casey will EVER get out of jail, least of all to attend her second Caylee funeral. I know her first one was quite unceremonious, but Casey will have to live with that memory, I pray.

In a case this heinous, I doubt any judge would let a defendant attend the funeral of their alleged victim, but in this case, the County could never assure Casey's own safety being outside the walls of the jail. Protestors, anyone??

I want to repost this question here, since there seems to be a few people with legal knowledge in this thread. I've been following this case since the beginning, and I'm ignorant of not just Florida laws, but American law in general. There are, of course, some basic tenets that are almost universal... but there are also many differences.

If KC is presumed innocent until proven guilty... does that mean that if the baby's remains are released for burial before she's found guilty that she will be permitted a pass to attend the funeral under the presumption of innocence? Or does she stay right where she's at?

she stays - her celebrity would make security a nightmare - she has no bond and the taxpayers of OC would be justified to revolt . I dont see
the state ever agreeing to this. C O N S E Q U E N C E S
May be the first she has ever suffered.

Is it just me, or is the title of this thread really confusing?

Ditto
I thought that it meant they updated findcaylee website about discovery. The topics are all over the place.

I confuse easily though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back