KC's Pregnancy/Denial (Merged Threads)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She may not have known. I remember being her age and worrying, month to month, "am I, oh my gosh, am I not???" And, what I didn't know was that I could not get pregnant without the help of fertility meds. Sigh.

But in any case, skipping periods for a kid that age is pretty normal. Most girls are scared to know the truth, so maybe she ignored it?

What I am concerned about is the identity of the father. I am a little surprised no one has come forward and acknowledged that he was 'with' KC at about the time she got preggo. But, if he did, he might have the DT bus headed for him, so maybe it is not much of a surprise.

I wonder if they ever did a paternity test on that JP kid? He is an absolute dead-ringer for the baby. Have we ever seen testimony from him? I know there is one transcript of his testimony that has not been released, but is there another?

She seemed to be showing just fine, everyone else knew she was pregnant but her own mother, a nurse bought into the delusion Casey had just put on a little weight? I don't buy that. Maybe she denied it until 6 months...maybe! I am sure Casey had already figured it out, but if she didn't want to keep the baby why hide the pregnancy? She was employed when she became pregnant, her last quarters earnings were $3,800 +, she had no expenses of any sort, her car was provided, food shelter etc. If she had wanted to terminate she was financially capable of doing so.

The spotlight was on her until the baby was born then it was transferred to Caylee and that is when the problems began. I don't remember hearing of her stealing before Caylee was born, so I believe Caylee was the catalyst.

Guys bear with me, but I have been thinking for awhile that Casey never intended on bringing up Caylee or allowing her to live much past her first breath. I don't think we can ignore the pregnancy denial. Think of all those girls who hide their pregnancy, then deliver in secret and carry on as if nothing ever happened. If Rick hadn't intervened and forced Cindy and George to acknowledge the fact that Casey was pregnant, I think that Casey would have just had her somewhere, disposed of her then carried on with her life as if she had been some kind of benign tumor which had miraculously disappeared. Caylee's eventual murder was possibly an overdue event in Casey's mind if this theory is correct and she had been living on borrowed time. Do any of you think this scenario is possible?

This is from a story which wrapped up last week, which set me to thinking, would Casey have acted the same way towards Caylee as Keli Lane did towards Tegan if she had never been exposed at the wedding?

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/pregnancy-denial-linked-to-lifestyle-20101214-18wwg.html

Possibly. But, there is a certain amount of bonding that happens with time for a mother and child.

She seemed to be showing just fine, everyone else knew she was pregnant but her own mother, a nurse bought into the delusion Casey had just put on a little weight? I don't buy that. Maybe she denied it until 6 months...maybe! I am sure Casey had already figured it out, but if she didn't want to keep the baby why hide the pregnancy? She was employed when she became pregnant, her last quarters earnings were $3,800 +, she had no expenses of any sort, her car was provided, food shelter etc. If she had wanted to terminate she was financially capable of doing so.

The spotlight was on her until the baby was born then it was transferred to Caylee and that is when the problems began. I don't remember hearing of her stealing before Caylee was born, so I believe Caylee was the catalyst.

You have a way of slapping me back into reality! :floorlaugh:

I think KC postured with her pregnancy (concealing it until too late to abort) so that George and Cindy, under the threat of giving the baby up for adoption, would promise to do anything for her if she'd keep the baby. KC had them over a barrel. jmo

This is only my opinion and I want to first say that I am not bashing Casey's body type. We both have very similar body types.

Casey is short, yes. She is skinny, yes. But Casey has hips and she has breasts. She is curvy. Like me. She does not have the body type to be able to stay skinny her entire life without even trying. I do not think she has the body type to be able to conceal a pregnancy for very long. Maybe the first 4 months... maybe even to her 5th month. I think by her 6th month she would be showing enough for people to notice. We know for a fact that she was very pregnant at 7 months.

Now, that is not to say that she could not have covered up with baggier clothes in those earlier months. Sat on the couch with a pillow over her stomach area.

I don't know?? I'm still shocked that Cindy denied Casey being pregnant at Rick's wedding. She was so pregnant!

Everyone needs to remember that Casey actually had a job before Caylee was born so she could have afforded to get an abortion if she wanted to. She was an adult. I do not think she was forced by Cindy, or anyone else, to have Caylee.

I thought there would be free clinics (provided by organizations such as PP or other pro-choice groups) to perform abortions, in the US and avoid "unwanted" or "neglected" children.

I thought there would be free clinics (provided by organizations such as PP or other pro-choice groups) to perform abortions, in the US and avoid "unwanted" or "neglected" children.

I have no idea?? I've never looked into it??

There are & there are Safe Haven laws where you can leave your kids at specific locations without repercussions. It is not difficult to seek out an abortion in the US if you are < 24 weeks . . .

I believe KC was in denial & thought it would "go away if you don't talk about it". I also believe she would have killed the baby if the pregnancy was concealed until full term. I, too, believe that killing Caylee was just a way late term abortion in KCs eyes -- and it hurt her mother in the process.

If she wore baggy clothes she may have been able to hide her pregnacy but if you look at her in this photo she doesn't seem to make any attempt to hide her belly.
caseypreg.jpg

http://humbleopinion.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/caseypreg.jpg?w=112&h=275

Any mother can look at that bulge and see it is a pregnancy.Particularly if she is an RN. She does not have any generalized weight gain, it's all in her abdomen. How much of a doofus can CA be? She could see exactly what we see but chooses to believe her daughter's lies. Now there's a surprise!
No wonder her family laughs at her.

There are & there are Safe Haven laws where you can leave your kids at specific locations without repercussions. It is not difficult to seek out an abortion in the US if you are < 24 weeks . . .

I believe KC was in denial & thought it would "go away if you don't talk about it". I also believe she would have killed the baby if the pregnancy was concealed until full term. I, too, believe that killing Caylee was just a way late term abortion in KCs eyes -- and it hurt her mother in the process.

BBM
Which is what I think she meant when she told Lee *this should have been done a long time ago*.

Who held Caylee right after her birth?

Cindy apparently, Casey complained about it to Jesse, and the family were well aware it was a bone of contention, George mentioned it in one of the early police interviews.

Possibly. But, there is a certain amount of bonding that happens with time for a mother and child.

Yes, but we're talking about a child who has died at the hands of the mother, so in this case the bond was never formed .. doubt if Casey was capable of that kind of bonding myself.

She may have not wanted the baby but didn't have money or means to do anything about it. Casey was 18, right? I'm not 100% sure about that, but if she was, then that would mean that CA's insurance at work would no longer allow CA to carry Casey. You know ICA, she probably thought she could fool her parents long enough to give birth and give the child up for adoption. By all accounts, she only had to fool them for a couple of more months.

<snipped>

I knew a girl who was in total denial about her pregnancy for 5 months. Completely disassociated from the reality that she was having a baby, lied to her friends, hid it from her partner and due to the lack of support, lived in fear of giving birth. Total wreck. Required significant counselling and had great difficulties bonding with her child.
Came from a very weird household too. Both parents were very oppressive and manipulative people. Just saying.

MOO ICA HID the pregnancy. CA DENIED it.

My daughter was born at 25 1/2 weeks. By 7 months I was a mom! and she was 2 1/2 weeks old. CA baffles me to no end.

Cindy apparently, Casey complained about it to Jesse, and the family were well aware it was a bone of contention, George mentioned it in one of the early police interviews.

Yes, but we're talking about a child who has died at the hands of the mother, so in this case the bond was never formed .. doubt if Casey was capable of that kind of bonding myself.

When CA was first being questioned about Caylee being 'missing' she explained that ICA had taken time away from home "to bond with her child" which at the time I thought was a bizarre thing to say- what mother of a 2year old hasn't formed a bond by then? She didn't seem to think that was odd but it was very revealing to me.

^^ ITA ^^ they make a lot of verbal slips that reveal the truth don't they?

I always thought there was a specific reason for casey attending that wedding very obviously pregnant, smiling and posing for pics. Was it to humiliate her mom? Was it to make some kind of point?? She really seemed to be happy in that pic upthread. imo.

I'm very sure Casey knew she was pregnant. And Cindy knew as well but Cindy denied the fact. That behavior to me points out how much alike mother and daughter are. When something isn't the way they want it, Cindy and Casey lie.

As for Casey being old enough to end her pregnancy, that may be, but she was not strong enough or wise enough to do it. I always get the feeling Casey has never been tuned into life at all. I don't think, because of her parents' always bailing her out, she has ever been forced to face the conquensence of her actions.

Who steals from a friend checking account when you know you will soon come face to face with that friend?

Who casually lies to authorities to the point of leading them down the hallway of an office building to a office for a job she does not have. Finally tells the truth but in follow-up questions still insists she does have a job?

Who leads the police on a wild goose chase to an apartment where she claims she last saw her child, but knows she's never been inside that apartment?

I do believe Cindy was overwhelmed by her daugher's behavior but to cope, she covered it up. Mainly because whatever Casey did, Cindy did not want it to reflect back on herself as the woman who would be the mother of a child like Casey.

My mother was very much like that. Whenever I did something or didn't do something that she felt reflected on her parenting abilities, she always said "Look what you've done to me." It was always about her and how she appear to the rest of the world. I think this is exactly how Cindy viewed her daughter Casey.
jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway
Back