Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm heartbroken over Sandra Cantu..

Sometimes we over complicate things... and we get an end result with a deceased victim.

Sometimes I wonder if we are the victim or the crime?

With Haliegh, bless her heart... those a-holes down there sunk their own ship. It can only go for so long before normal. even God fearing, folk just get tired of it.... just the hearsay and the BS.

The loss of Sandra really made me wake up... I'm terribly sad... and I really don't give a f@#$ about trivial tidbits and drama anymore in any case.

Bottom line.. please find this child.

I did not see your post before I wrote mine. If I had I wouldn't have had to. I wish I could double thanks your post.

i wish NG would keep it fresh, maybe do interviews again or something

NG has really dropped the ball when it comes to Haleigh Cummings [and Adji but that's O/T] If I hear "breaking news in the search for a 2 year old Florida girl" one more time, I think I will break something!

Nothing NG can do though, I can understand why Crystal is not going on the show, NG tried to annihilate her about the custody case! Then RC of course stops talking, because anything he says can be misconstrued. Misty likely ran out of lies, and with RC not speaking anymore, TN has no butt to cover...So there you have it.

Unless LE come out and give this case CPR, I am afraid Haleigh will be absent from any media coverage (sad reality). The mainstream media cannot report rumors, and there is no way for the media to independently confirm all that is swirling around out there...

Prayer works though---even when all else has failed!!!

Could it not be that the very low profile is by design?

Consider: The FBI is currently involved--and this kind of case is far more in their area of expertise than the local Sheriff's office...yet, the Feds have been very silent. I have to think that they are "doing their thing" in the background. In fact, I wonder if they (and all involved LE agencies) aren't frantically trying to locate and retrieve the child while they have the Sheriff putting up a smokescreen of "I don't have a clue." (Please read my post in the "Theories" thread.)

With so much national media interest, I can't believe the authorities would simply try to let the case blow over...

I truly hope you're right.

I would like to thank Maureen for starting this thread. We need to kick start LE and put some info out. No case can go on such as this without any clues whatsoever. Even in Pamela Smarts case there were clues. There were clues in the JonBenet case. Maybe they were dropped clues, but there were some. I believe that there are clues here that maybe should be made public. In our thirst for truth we run in circles without them.

If Sheriff Hardy has a fear of being on national tv, then why doesn't he just keep it alive in the newspapers? He can give information to the paper. Or have someone in his dept be in charge of the press conferences (do them for him).. theres no excuse

I do hope the FBI is in the midst of an exhaustive investigation. It saddens me that even our own WS community is not as active on Haleigh's case. I understand, given the dearth of new information, but we need to do our part to keep this alive. Having followed and participated in the Caylee discussions, I cannot help but think that waning interest is due, in part, to the fact that this case is simply not as "sexy" as the Anthony case. The Cummings' (et al) lifestyle, their economic stature, their rural environment and communication skills do not hold the appeal that the Anthony's "one notch above the Cummings" do. Sad. Sometimes I wonder if the general public thinks that the one with the excessive wardrobe of pretty little dresses and middle-class surroundings is more valued or more worth pursuing than those like our little Haleigh. Just my thoughts. Let's keep at this case - we're good at what we do and our contributions are vital.

I do hope the FBI is in the midst of an exhaustive investigation. It saddens me that even our own WS community is not as active on Haleigh's case. I understand, given the dearth of new information, but we need to do our part to keep this alive. Having followed and participated in the Caylee discussions, I cannot help but think that waning interest is due, in part, to the fact that this case is simply not as "sexy" as the Anthony case. The Cummings' (et al) lifestyle, their economic stature, their rural environment and communication skills do not hold the appeal that the Anthony's "one notch above the Cummings" do. Sad. Sometimes I wonder if the general public thinks that the one with the excessive wardrobe of pretty little dresses and middle-class surroundings is more valued or more worth pursuing than those like our little Haleigh. Just my thoughts. Let's keep at this case - we're good at what we do and our contributions are vital.

All good points, Miss Snow. Nice post :)

You mention the WS community, and how it's not as active on the case.

I think folks are doing as best that can done with the information at hand. After the first month, there hasn't been a whole lot for people to go on except a lot of rumors and speculation.

The locals in Florida have contributed by painting a broader picture of the situation... fleshing little details out here and there, but still it's their opinions just like anyone else that might post here.

It's all very frustrating, I know.

A few posts up, it was suggested that LE start the press conferences up again. I like this idea. Even if they don't have much to say or report, LE would be keeping their community informed, and the public at large... and really help keep Haleigh's face out there.

The Sheriff is intimidated? Well, there's the problem!

The Sheriff is intimidated? Well, there's the problem!

I agree. And that is probably the dumbest thing that I have ever heard...he is afraid of being on National TV. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your post. FYI I used to live at Indian Rocks Beach 1967/1968/1969

I agree. And that is probably the dumbest thing that I have ever heard...he is afraid of being on National TV. :rolleyes:

You would have to know Jeff Hardy. Our previous Sherrif was a TV hound who never missed a camera opportunity. People here looked at that and wanted a low profile Sherrif. The election results show (lanslide) Jeffs' approach to letting his subordinates handle their own cases is what he promised, however I do agree that he should now take a role in dissimenating info to the press and public. We have contacted his office. Let's see what happens.

I would like to thank Maureen for starting this thread. We need to kick start LE and put some info out. No case can go on such as this without any clues whatsoever. Even in Pamela Smarts case there were clues. There were clues in the JonBenet case. Maybe they were dropped clues, but there were some. I believe that there are clues here that maybe should be made public. In our thirst for truth we run in circles without them.

Thanks Player...this has almost become emotionally painful for me. Not because I am involved, but soooo many children are losing their lives or missing. I'm a parent and the ONLY innocense on this planet are children and animals. There is a child out there, and her case has basically been dropped! At least it appears to be. Even though I don't agree with the custody lawsuits, AT LEAST all of the crazy antics were keeping the story covered by the media. There is ALWAYS a clue.

Issues with JVM had a update tonight. Basically just said that the tips for Haleigh have slowed down. :(

It looks like Haleigh's case may go cold if no action on anything and no one talking the truth! IMO

if the sherrif was voted in because he was low profile, and the previous sherrif voted out because he was a camera hound.....hmmmm, I wonder why? Thats pretty telling of the majority there.

And personally, As far as the CMA case; wasnt that is was so sexy, it was because she was such a terrible liar and it was so outragious, plus- there was an arrest (lying to LE & child endangerment) in which the Sunshine Law became a treasure trove of info on the key players. If only LE would arrest someone for child endangerment or something to that effect, then we have something to sink our teeth in and keep this going.

Without the locals, we more than likely wouldn't even have a thread for Haleigh. Their insight has us captivated, for now at least.

Like many here, I am beside myself with anguish over this case. Theres no searches that we are aware of, theres no press conferences, heck theres no info, period......so much for Paradise huh?

if the sherrif was voted in because he was low profile, and the previous sherrif voted out because he was a camera hound.....hmmmm, I wonder why? Thats pretty telling of the majority there.

And personally, As far as the CMA case; wasnt that is was so sexy, it was because she was such a terrible liar and it was so outragious, plus- there was an arrest (lying to LE & child endangerment) in which the Sunshine Law became a treasure trove of info on the key players. If only LE would arrest someone for child endangerment or something to that effect, then we have something to sink our teeth in and keep this going.

Without the locals, we more than likely wouldn't even have a thread for Haleigh. Their insight has us captivated, for now at least.

Like many here, I am beside myself with anguish over this case. Theres no searches that we are aware of, theres no press conferences, heck theres no info, period......so much for Paradise huh?

This has us so perplexed. I don't know what I can offer. I live here. I lived nextdoor to Ron and he moved in back of me. I know Misty, TN, GM and the family. I'm lost on this and completely baffeled. I thought that my presence out here could help, however it was apparent that others wanted something different. My belief is that we write letters (emails) to Sherriff Hardy and ask for a presser.. We ask fr some clues to let us go on to help find Haliegh. Love to all..And it is another fine night in Paradise

I check in here every day to read the new developments and am immediately disappointed. I don't think that LE has an inkling as to what happened to Haleigh. Very discouraging.

I just had an idea. Maybe if Ron and Crystal run around in chicken suits around town (of course holding "Find Haleigh" signs). The media will think they are crazy and this can get back in the news. I'm half kidding...someone needs to do something, so this story gets back out there in the public.

<big sigh> When I said that I wished every missing case had Leonard, this is "why".
He creates public awareness by his presence. Right or wrong, his controversial comments are what keeps the press interested in a case and that in it's self creates tips.

Most missing cases are not like Caylee or Sandra. They go unfound and unsolved for years because the public stops looking for them or thinking about them.

Little Adji is one of those lost angels who only had a moment in time when the public actively searched for him.

For all the missing out there who are left to be found, I'll say it again that any spokesperson like Leonard who has the personality and controversial style to keep the public's attention is needed to find the missing.

People find people. People just like you and me. Keep looking.

~

In the Anthony case, there were thousands of pages of information to keep us going. LE hasn't given us anything here. :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NVWoman