OK Keith Carlson of Tuttle, OK missing, truck found in the Wichita Mountains

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

June 23, 2024

For weeks his family has been funding more search efforts on their own.

“We hired a private drone company out of Dallas to do aerial searches,” said Jennifer Bost, Keith’s sister. “We’ve been working with Oklahoma City Metro Search and Rescue.”

“One of our main point of interests is Mount McKinley, but it’s on the Fort Sill side,” said William.

“We really are just begging Fort Sill to let us over there to search,” said Jennifer.

From the linked article:

Carlson’s truck was found at the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge with his license plate missing and Carlson was no where to be found.

The only thing inside his truck was a pillow and a blanket.

His family said he’s a “homebody” and added that Carlson has never mentioned or been to the wildlife refuge before.
Why would a man who is a "homebody" have a pillow and blanket in his truck? Did the family recognize the pillow and blanket as his? If not, in my opinion, someone may have stolen the truck and been living in it until they got where they were going and dumped it. Leaving it in a remote area, could mean they didn't want anyone seeing it that might recognize it. I suspect whatever happened to Keith Carlson happened closer to home.

Why would a man who is a "homebody" have a pillow and blanket in his truck? Did the family recognize the pillow and blanket as his? If not, in my opinion, someone may have stolen the truck and been living in it until they got where they were going and dumped it. Leaving it in a remote area, could mean they didn't want anyone seeing it that might recognize it. I suspect whatever happened to Keith Carlson happened closer to home.
Good question about the pillow and blanket. But his vehicle was found the same day his neighbor saw him leave his house. Actually it was found that night, but not that much time had passed.

No mention of a significant other, his job, cell phone, or wallet. His BIL mentioned a backpack in the latest story above. Was one missing from his home? Did LE get his cell phone records?

Last edited:
Keith Carlson, 30, was reported missing on May 21. His truck was found empty at the refuge near Crater Lake.

After multiple agencies, including the Oklahoma Highway Patrol and the Comanche County Sheriff’s Office, searched the area and found no sign of Carlson, authorities with the refuge called off the search.

Carlson’s family is still searching for him.
Missing: Keith Carlson

Good question about the pillow and blanket. But his vehicle was found the same day his neighbor saw him leave his house. Actually it was found that night, but not that much time had passed.

No mention of a significant other, his job, cell phone, or wallet. His BIL mentioned a backpack in the latest story above. Was one missing from his home? Did LE get his cell phone records?
Another question is does the truck have any type of tracking device that LE might be able to access to determine where the truck was at different times during the day?

*The family said 30-year-old Keith Carlson was last seen by a neighbor leaving his home in Tuttle on May 21. That night his truck was spotted in the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge.Park rangers at the refuge told the family they spotted his truck parked at Crater Lake on the evening of the 21st. When it appeared no one had returned to the truck by Friday morning, they searched the vehicle. It was unlocked and missing the license plate, rangers said.A search was conducted by foot, ATV, drones, and dogs. But so far, they have not been able to locate Carlson.The family said Carlson was in the middle of home renovations and was a homebody. He never went far from home unless it was for family or NASCAR, the family said

True but did they belong to him or a possible abductor. Maybe, the owner of the "pillow and blanket" never got the chance to use them. They might have an abductor's DNA on them.

Another question is does the truck have any type of tracking device that LE might be able to access to determine where the truck was at different times during the day?
That is a good question.

I am thinking that a tracking device could be: A. "External' Sends a signal that records its movements. B. Internally stores movement information that can be retrieved.

My guess is that 'A' would be unlikely due to privacy concerns and concerns about misuse (stalking ex husband determines wife's use of the car),

There might be a partial "B" option though. A Dateline investigation was once centered on a truck and where the husband drove the morning after his wife suddenly "disappeared".

The late model SUV did have a 'black box' of sorts that recorded turns, brakes, signals etc. Though it did not give the travel route per se, investigators were able to recreate it- and convict the husband.

July 8, 2024 article, as first referenced by @#JUSTICE4WILDER, not yet identified and no other information provided.

[…]

The Sheriff’s office is leading the investigation at this time, and as of Monday, July 8, OSBI is no longer involved as they were only requested to help with the initial crime scene.

[…]

That is a good question.

I am thinking that a tracking device could be: A. "External' Sends a signal that records its movements. B. Internally stores movement information that can be retrieved.

My guess is that 'A' would be unlikely due to privacy concerns and concerns about misuse (stalking ex husband determines wife's use of the car),

There might be a partial "B" option though. A Dateline investigation was once centered on a truck and where the husband drove the morning after his wife suddenly "disappeared".

The late model SUV did have a 'black box' of sorts that recorded turns, brakes, signals etc. Though it did not give the travel route per se, investigators were able to recreate it- and convict the husband.
Actually, I was thinking of the external as being more likely because of the increase in vehicle thefts lately. I'm looking at getting a newer vehicle and putting one on it in case it gets stolen so I can track it. I've read a couple articles lately where owners found their stolen vehicles that way.

Actually, I was thinking of the external as being more likely because of the increase in vehicle thefts lately. I'm looking at getting a newer vehicle and putting one on it in case it gets stolen so I can track it. I've read a couple articles lately where owners found their stolen vehicles that way.
Thats a good point and I should have been more clear. As you said, external tracking is clearly an option.

But.... I wonder if manufacturers sell new cars with such trackers installed? Or, are they "after market" installations? My guess is that manufacturers might be reluctant to offer such tracking devices for a variety of liability concerns.

Reactions: nao

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthyMcSnoop
Back