KidFinders ~ Have the EVER found a kid? & Kathi B. Interview #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they've gotten enough complaints already...don't ya think? I mean it even made the news, as did WS' involvement with the account being shut down.

There is a difference between a genuine, legitimate complaint from a "consumer", and wild speculation from people in forums being encouraged to write in and complain about an organization they have had no personal dealings with, and probably have no standing to make a complaint as a "consumer" (your term).

An investigation is one thing, and as I said before, I think it already happened or is still happening. Serious accusations are being made against the individuals involved in this group in relation to misuse of funds, and I don't see any real basis for those allegations. And I'm no fan of the Anthony's.
if it looks like a duck..walks like a duck..

The conviction on the felony charge of impersonating a police officer. It was a criminal conviction, involving a guilty plea to a lesser charge.

LOL...do we know the circumstances? I was involved in a case once, where someone had a police uniform and impersonated a police officer in the bedroom with his partner. Maybe that's all this was about...lol. Do we know the circumstances of the offence or what penalty he got? Depending on the circumstances, it can be a pretty minor offence. For example, you may pretend you are a police officer to try to stop someone from committing a crime.

I think they've gotten enough complaints already...don't ya think? I mean it even made the news, as did WS' involvement with the account being shut down.

There is a difference between a genuine, legitimate complaint from a "consumer", and wild speculation from people in forums being encouraged to write in and complain about an organization they have had no personal dealings with, and probably have no standing to make a complaint as a "consumer" (your term).

An investigation is one thing, and as I said before, I think it already happened or is still happening. Serious accusations are being made against the individuals involved in this group in relation to misuse of funds, and I don't see any real basis for those allegations. And I'm no fan of the Anthony's.

If you've done the research and are satisfied that there is no basis for allegations of wrong-doing, I'd say your job is done.

I believe we are talking about two different things-as any closed accounts had nothing to do with KFN in any way.

In this case, I am a consumer with a legitimate complaint about KFN--and I suspect there are many others. I was not aware until recently how the process works regarding the state of FL and how they 'look into things'. You may want to check out the AGLaw website to see how they arry out their responsibilities.

Investigations are not based on website posts or media comments, but on actual complaints on file-complaints with names and addresses and specific information. They want real verifiable info--just as you do. My complaint is not wild speculation and, as such, I provided all the documented information on my complaint.

I ask again, if there is nothing untoward going on, an investigation will publicly clear KFN's activities--so why fear the process?

I fully believe in this thread and KFN being looked into. I feel that a missing persons organization should be looking for a missing person both alive and deceased. Although I totally support and understand families being hopeful and positive, a missing persons organization needs to look at both possibilities.

LOL...do we know the circumstances? I was involved in a case once, where someone had a police uniform and impersonated a police officer in the bedroom with his partner. Maybe that's all this was about...lol. Do we know the circumstances of the offence or what penalty he got? Depending on the circumstances, it can be a pretty minor offence. For example, you may pretend you are a police officer to try to stop someone from committing a crime.
impersonating a police officer is a CRIME.[ your bedroom scene is a poor example.

Okay here is the deal; for now anyway.
1.You can discuss this topic. But rather than post all the data from public sites,it would be preferable to post links to the site that carries the public information and we can put in the search parameters ourselves.
2.If anyone is thinking about any type of organized campaign, you need to clear that with Tricia first and make sure she is on board. (pun intended)
3.Be nice. The bickering in this forum has escalated to a a new high and we would like it to stop.
4. These rules may change at any time.

As others have respectfully suggested, please check out the case details which are public record and detailed online. To me, they are not as funny or as innocent as you would seem to like to make them.

I'm sorry, but I've read through the man's record, researched the charges and the convictions and I'm finding nothing to laugh out loud about.

OK this "impersonating a police officer", did it happen in FL? Since the case is closed I am sure we could req info from the case file, such as the original police report and find out the circumstances. Wouldn't be that hard.

Any person who donated money is well within their rights to file a complaint with the AG office that being said any citizen is also well within their rights to request a detailed report on any organization

Many WSers donated to search for Caylee and need to be made aware of their rights

Their rights? If they didn't trust the group, why did they donate to them? TES might have been the better choice, but whatever. Again, I ask, is there proof they misused the funds? Is the complaint you are asking people to make specifically about that, or about the fact that you don't feel he should be allowed to head up the charity based on his prior criminal conviction??

Noone here had anything to do with the convictions against DM--he got those all by his lonesome

ConvictionS??? I thought there was only 1??

As for families of other missing children--well there doesn't seem to be a history of helping anyone so we can't answer that question with any accuracy

You may not read about it here on WS, but they have posted what they say is their history on their website. Amongst other things, it says this...

One very important accomplishment is giving hope to the families of the missing. They have worked and
continue to work with the families of Trenton Duckett, missing from Leesburg, Fl. since Aug. 27, 2006, Jennifer
Kesse missing from Orlando, Fl. since Jan. 24, 2006, Bryan Dos Santos Gomes, missing from Fort Myers,
Fl.since Dec. 1, 2006 and Zachary Bernhardt from Clearwater, Fl. since Sept. 11, 2000.

We've also read on this thread that in May they had other children's pictures on their billboard as well. Again, have any of these other families complained and why are they all continuing to work with KFN??

When someone starts a charity that is supposed to aid in finding lost children and they advertise it as such it would be nice if the money was actually used as it was stated it would be and to date this has not happened so we have to wonder what exactly the money is going towards which leads us back to my answer to your first quote

Yes, the money should be used the way they lead the public to believe they will use it...but I see lots of statements like yours, but no evidence, that monies have been misapplied by them.

No not yet but once complainte are filed they will be required to show an accounting of all funds collected which were given to aid them in searching which as we know has not been done

My emphasis in bold....They never promised anyone they would search for a dead Caylee so how can you say they have not searched if all they have done is use the funds to search for a live Caylee?? You and I and others may think searching for a live Caylee is a waste of money, but that's beside the point.

You are correct in that information is readily available and while one would hope that people wouldn't take your info because of personal grudges it is ;7yu'p=there as public knowledge for public entities which KFN is---KFN chose to place themselves under public scrutiny by creating a publicly funded charitable organization

Are you seriously saying that because KFN is a public entity (is it or is it just a charitable one?) that makes it ok to post the addresses of the family members of the founders of that organization to this forum. It's not like you were posting the address of KFN, these were individuals' addresses, and in my opinion, that is wrong, and I'm glad the mods have gotten rid of those details. I have had people misuse info they gathered about me off the internet before, and I can assure you, people behaving that way can be pretty scary.

There is more than just A civil judgement there are quite a few and there is also a criminal conviction

So a good question to ask here is.......Can the owner of a felony conviction maintain a charitable organization??

I assume there is legislation governing what restrictions there are on office holders of charitable organizations...I don't live in the USA so can't help with that

OK this "impersonating a police officer", did it happen in FL? Since the case is closed I am sure we could req info from the case file, such as the original police report and find out the circumstances. Wouldn't be that hard.

The link is in post 35. It happened in Palm Beach County, FL.

These people folded their tents here in Palm Beach County owing people several hundred thousand dollars, D has been arrested made to submit to a psych exam, assault charges, foreclosed on, sued, been sued. In my book this guy isn't exactly solid. And now, from the goodness of his heart he opens a non profit to help families? Puhleeaassee.
Somethings up, and it aint good.

Police impersonation (impersonating a police officer) is the illegal act of portraying oneself as a member of law enforcement for the purpose of deception. Such acts are generally committed in order to assert police-like authority in order to commit some other crime. Posing as a police officer enables the offender to legitimize the appearance of his/her illegal act, such as gaining entry into a victim's house, making a traffic stop, or detaining. I don't think (LOL) that bedroom activities would be used to deceive! LOL

The biggest question in my mind is how many people a) in the situation that any missing person's family finds themselves in actually stands up and goes oh wait let me look into their background..... and b) am apalled that someone with a criminal record can be the President/Founder/etc of a Missing Persons organization. It just floors me.

The biggest question in my mind is how many people a) in the situation that any missing person's family finds themselves in actually stands up and goes oh wait let me look into their background..... and b) am apalled that someone with a criminal record can be the President/Founder/etc of a Missing Persons organization. It just floors me.

:clap:
You've read my mind...
They know that someone in such a crisis won't investigate someone trying to "help".
They are capitalizing on others' misfortune...sick.

I'm so disappointed I can't even tell you. There are good people in the world and unfortunately get involved in various organizations that aren't as reputable as they seem. It's a life lesson I suppose.

BunnyPhoenix- you posted it twice- but the point that I will make yet again is that in the U.S. with such strict laws especially in dealing with children, you would think someone charged and found guilty of a felony in impersonating a police officer would not be the president of a missing children's organization

wow, bunny, I have never seen someone reply to every post on a thread at one time!:takeabow:

If you've done the research and are satisfied that there is no basis for allegations of wrong-doing, I'd say your job is done.

I haven't seen their paperwork so I can't say if they've misapplied funds or not...all I can say is that I see no EVIDENCE, just speculation, that they have done so. It's not my job to look into them, people are paid good money to do that very job, and I'm sure they are more than capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aebuser