Knowing all you know today about this case who do you think really killed JonBenet?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Who do you believe killed JonBenet?

• Patsy

Votes: 168 25.0%
  • John

Votes: 44 6.6%
  • Burke

Votes: 107 15.9%
  • an unknown intruder

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • BR (head bash), then JR

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • BR (head bash); then JR & PR (strangled/coverup)

Votes: 113 16.8%
  • Knowing all I know, still on the fence.

Votes: 55 8.2%
  • John, with an 'inside' accomplice

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • I think John and Patsy caught him and he made her cover up

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • I still have no idea

Votes: 57 8.5%
  • patsy and john helped cover it up

Votes: 9 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the pictures, but I don't really see anything wrong with BR. He looked like a wealthy, preppy kid from a wealthy family whose mother picked out his clothes and poses for this shoot. Maybe in an attempt to be fair, PR included her son in some of the photo things? I think his father worked and traveled a lot, so he probably didn't have much free time for the kids, and if I remember correctly, BR Did play baseball where he took lessons of some sort, and he skate boarded, rode his bike, played a little golf, I'm thinking he might have taken karate lessons and wasn't he involved in boy scouts? not to mention his video game playing, boating, love of flying. Anyway, I don't think these pictures are indicative of his day to day childhood. He seemed pretty busy and well rounded. moo
I'm with you on this one, dodie. While some of these pictures seem a little out of the ordinary for most people's family albums, Patsy had pictures of both kids taken with the intent of using them to get modeling contracts for them both. And she succeeded to a certain extent. Both BR and JonBenet were featured in some company's layout (don't remember offhand which one). I don't think we would be scrutinizing them anywhere near this closely had one of the participants not been found dead under questionable circumstances. The odd person out (to me) in that one photo was Nedra. She had a face that could sink a thousand...:silenced: But I digress. I think it's just that she happened to be there when Patsy decided to go get some photos taken and was therefore included in one of the shots. We may be overanalyzing the whole thing and reading too much into them.

And yes, BR was also active in other activities that would be less questioned because of his gender (Should we likewise also question JonBenet's participation in this?):

Attachments

• tumblr_m7r9uh4vDM1rcpn63o6_400.jpg
    tumblr_m7r9uh4vDM1rcpn63o6_400.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 138
I'm with you on this one, dodie. While some of these pictures seem a little out of the ordinary for most people's family albums, Patsy had pictures of both kids taken with the intent of using them to get modeling contracts for them both. And she succeeded to a certain extent. Both BR and JonBenet were featured in some company's layout (don't remember offhand which one). I don't think we would be scrutinizing them anywhere near this closely had one of the participants not been found dead under questionable circumstances. The odd person out (to me) in that one photo was Nedra. She had a face that could sink a thousand...:silenced: But I digress. I think it's just that she happened to be there when Patsy decided to go get some photos taken and was therefore included in one of the shots. We may be overanalyzing the whole thing and reading too much into them.

And yes, BR was also active in other activities that would be less questioned because of his gender (Should we likewise also question JonBenet's participation in this?):

You keep posting pictures and I just keep thinking the same thing.<modsnip>

I'm just playing the devil's advocate here, I have no clue what happened to that little girl, however it has almost been twenty years since the murder, and no one is any closer than as if it were the next day.
At this point in time, there will be no arrests made, however, I am simply speculating about the who and the why.
I think there is a very simple explanation, and it concerns BR and the parents cover up. There are deep issues here that I was thinking could be better explained today in 2013 than back in the 1996 when things were much more hushed.

You keep posting pictures and I just keep thinking the same thing. <modsnip>

I'm just playing the devil's advocate here, I have no clue what happened to that little girl, however it has almost been twenty years since the murder, and no one is any closer than as if it were the next day.
At this point in time, there will be no arrests made, however, I am simply speculating about the who and the why.
I think there is a very simple explanation, and it concerns BR and the parents cover up. There are deep issues here that I was thinking could be better explained today in 2013 than back in the 1996 when things were much more hushed.
And I don't disagree with you on any of what you said, Eldee. At that age, boys may be convinced to do things they might not otherwise want to do, and little girls may do things that some may say meant she was a "tomboy". I don't think too much emphasis should be placed on any of this. I also agree with you on the "simple explanation" to everything, and how it might better be understood today than it was in 1996.

Look at the second photo where Burke is in a suit and she is in a wedding gown. Very inappropriate to be in a wedding gown first of all, then look at their pouty facial expressions and the way they are posed with Burke's arms around her and her leaning against him as if they were a teenage couple. This all is what is sexual about this photo. It's just creepy for a family shot, IMO!!

That picture skeeves me out. MOO.

Where did you read that? I thought the photoshoots were done for JonBenet's pageant portfolio or just for fun (to decorate the house or to show off to people). Also, do you remember more about the company layout that JBR and Burke were featured on?

Don't forget this is all hindsight.

There are probably creepy and macabre family portraits hiding in a lot of homes - in fact I know there are, just check out the "Awkward Family Photos" website. :p

What it does display, apart from excess money and time, is Narcissism in shovelfuls. Someone put thought into those poses, and that someone was probably PR.

Both Nedra and PR seem to take this "image" thing very, very seriously.

Those kids lives were about showing the best Image, and being their parents playthings.

:cow:

I'm a lurker who finally made an account. This case drives me crazy. I do believe the Ramseys were involved, but not sure at all what the story was. The sexual element of the case really confuses me because you'd think if JR had such inclinations it would have been revealed in some other way by now, and I still think Burke was too young for that most likely. I just don't think Burke did it because of how they sent him away, but I'm not sure. Without that element, it'd be easier to accept Burke did something by accident. I still wonder if maybe there's some other explanation for the trauma they found. It just makes more sense to me that this was a non-sexual accident staged to look the opposite. I just can't believe this still isn't solved. The Patsy does something that causes JonBenet to hit her head and then gets her husband to help cover it up makes the most sense to me, but it's really not that easy to get such a head injury - makes you wonder what she would have been doing. It's really sad that she never got justice. And I do feel bad for the family if somehow we've got this all wrong, but I just don't really see an outsider being involved.

Admin note:

It is fine to express opinions here but it is not okay to speculate about the sexual orientation of Burke. It is not relevant. Murderers are not defined by sexual orientation, therefore it has no place in this discussion.

You know, people always say that putting your child in beauty pageants is very risky, higher risk of abduction, but I really can't think of another child who was put on display like JonBenet was (not just in pageants, but modeling, acting, etc) who was abducted or murdered. And I have read about a lot of cases. It seems like most victims of predators are basically "wrong place at the wrong time".

It's the same with how people think because the Ramseys were rich, it makes sense that someone would kidnap their daughter for ransom or that there could be someone who was jealous our out for revenge. But pretty much every child abduction/murder by a predator case I've heard about was from a middle class or working class family. I'm having a very hard time even thinking of another case in the past 20 years where the family was wealthy, where the parents' jobs might have made them more likely to be victims, and I'm drawing a blank. Children of CEO's, politicians, celebrities aren't getting abducted.

So IDI's make it sound like it's "logical" that some predator would try to kidnap JonBenet and then end up killing her because her family was wealthy, they lived in a huge house, and she was a child beauty queen, but she was actually a very unusual victim.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlxJRb5T_XM"]Patsy Ramsey Interrogation with Tom Haney and Trip DeMuth - YouTube[/ame]

Is this real?? I thought there would be more views than this.

(re: the PR interview; all moo)

...and she says "My life has been living hell".... = guilty.

It seems that lately a common denominator in Mom's that have had something to do with their child's disappearance, abduction, & murder revert back to everything about "me", "my", "I", etc, etc.

It sets the hinky-meter off right away.

In the above video of PR (thank you, Eldee), it seems the "kitten has claws". She's tougher, colder, more direct, more demanding than any time I've ever seen videos of PR or from memory of media events and interviews. She's not charming, she's not poised, she's not trying to look pretty. But she is too defensive and not emotionally emphatic enough about finding the killer.

I wonder how many personalities or "hats" PR really had?

(re: the PR interview; all moo)

...and she says "My life has been living hell".... = guilty.

It seems that lately a common denominator in Mom's that have had something to do with their child's disappearance, abduction, & murder revert back to everything about "me", "my", "I", etc, etc.

It sets the hinky-meter off right away.

In the above video of PR (thank you, Eldee), it seems the "kitten has claws". She's tougher, colder, more direct, more demanding than any time I've ever seen videos of PR or from memory of media events and interviews. She's not charming, she's not poised, she's not trying to look pretty. But she is too defensive and not emotionally emphatic enough about finding the killer.

I wonder how many personalities or "hats" PR really had?

That is what I noticed right away as well, were the I's and the me's. My life has been a living hell ( as this whole mess is such a huge inconvenience). One comment below the video a poster noticed her checking her watch. As if she has somewhere more important to be. The LE were in so much trouble for only focusing on the family, but after watching that video, it is no wonder. It must have been so frustrating when these guys were told to look outside the family.

Has anyone ever considered that PR was half in the bag during the interview with LE. The reason she keeps squirming and looking at her watch and slurring her words is she needs another drink. In my opinion, I think PR was an alcoholic and/or addicted to morphine, the family secret, which may be why she keeps losing her composure and patience during the interview. She can barely hold it together. If this is the case, perhaps she had been drinking most of Christmas day. By the time they got home, she might have taken a pain med and been really looped. JB may not have been on her best behaviour and wired up as kids get on Christmas day. Now, take a wired kid, a really drunk mother, and put them together. The ransom note contents and the writing of it was thought of and written by a drunk PR which is why they can't 100% say she wrote it. Too bad they can never get another piece of writing from her after she has had a few. JR did what he had to do. His wife had stage 4 cancer. He knew she wasn't long for this world, and has to this day covered for his wife. Perhaps she didn't remember what happened to JB. But he knows. Yes, perhaps PR's little secret is the reason JB was killed. JMO. It is almost honourable the way he covered for his wife, if it weren't so horrific.

Another question regarding my post above. Is anyone familiar with the family dynamic after the murder of JB? I'm sure if what I posted above is close to the truth, then there would be no way that JR would allow PR much alone time with BR. Was BR sent off to private school after. There certainly are not many pictures of BR circulating between ages 9 and 20. Was he at home or away? This would be most telling.

Patsy Ramsey Interrogation with Tom Haney and Trip DeMuth - YouTube

Is this real?? I thought there would be more views than this.

Well after living 25 years with an alcoholic father, I'm going to say that PR is most definitely drunk in this video. That's my opinion...take it or leave it. Obviously I'm not an expert but I'm pretty damn good at spotting someone under the influence.
Also, notice how she says that 'this child was the most precious thing in my life'. Where does that leave BR? She doesn't feel that both of them were precious? And she leaves BR out of the 'declaration' of who wasn't responsible for JBRs death. She only names herself and JR. Just some things to think about. I'm leaning strongly towards BDI since Kolar's book came out. Going back over the case, BDI makes the most sense. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I noticed right away as well, were the I's and the me's. My life has been a living hell ( as this whole mess is such a huge inconvenience). One comment below the video a poster noticed her checking her watch. As if she has somewhere more important to be. The LE were in so much trouble for only focusing on the family, but after watching that video, it is no wonder. It must have been so frustrating when these guys were told to look outside the family.

Has anyone ever considered that PR was half in the bag during the interview with LE. The reason she keeps squirming and looking at her watch and slurring her words is she needs another drink. In my opinion, I think PR was an alcoholic and/or addicted to morphine, the family secret, which may be why she keeps losing her composure and patience during the interview. She can barely hold it together. If this is the case, perhaps she had been drinking most of Christmas day. By the time they got home, she might have taken a pain med and been really looped. JB may not have been on her best behaviour and wired up as kids get on Christmas day. Now, take a wired kid, a really drunk mother, and put them together. The ransom note contents and the writing of it was thought of and written by a drunk PR which is why they can't 100% say she wrote it. Too bad they can never get another piece of writing from her after she has had a few. JR did what he had to do. His wife had stage 4 cancer. He knew she wasn't long for this world, and has to this day covered for his wife. Perhaps she didn't remember what happened to JB. But he knows. Yes, perhaps PR's little secret is the reason JB was killed. JMO. It is almost honourable the way he covered for his wife, if it weren't so horrific.

Wasn't she using sedative medication to cope with the death? That would leave anyone in a state while being interviewed.

Is there any evidence that PR had an alcohol problem?

Another question regarding my post above. Is anyone familiar with the family dynamic after the murder of JB? I'm sure if what I posted above is close to the truth, then there would be no way that JR would allow PR much alone time with BR. Was BR sent off to private school after. There certainly are not many pictures of BR circulating between ages 9 and 20. Was he at home or away? This would be most telling.

Good question Eldee. BR was pulled from the spotlight right away. We've not heard much from or about him. Do we have any recent pics of him? I'm curious to see what kind of man he appears to be. This case will haunt us forever, won't it?

Wasn't she using sedative medication to cope with the death? That would leave anyone in a state while being interviewed.

Is there any evidence that PR had an alcohol problem?

There were reports that she was taking something to calm her nerves. This video seems a bit extreme to me though. I'd think a nerve med would make her sleepier not more animated. She appears at least half in the bag to me.

Well after living 25 years with an alcoholic father, I'm going to say that PR is most definitely drunk in this video. That's my opinion...take it or leave it. Obviously I'm not an expert but I'm pretty damn good at spotting someone under the influence.
Also, notice how she says that 'this child was the most precious thing in my life'. Where does that leave BR? She doesn't feel that both of them were precious? And she leaves BR out of the 'declaration' of who wasn't responsible for JBRs death. She only names herself and JR. Just some things to think about. I'm leaning strongly towards BDI since Kolar's book came out. Going back over the case, BDI makes the most sense. IMO

Thank you for sharing that video. Maybe she is drunk. She looks exhausted that's for sure. If my child was murdered, I'd probably be drunk too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme