Knowing all you know today about this case who do you think really killed JonBenet?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Who do you believe killed JonBenet?

• Patsy

Votes: 168 25.0%
  • John

Votes: 44 6.6%
  • Burke

Votes: 107 15.9%
  • an unknown intruder

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • BR (head bash), then JR

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • BR (head bash); then JR & PR (strangled/coverup)

Votes: 113 16.8%
  • Knowing all I know, still on the fence.

Votes: 55 8.2%
  • John, with an 'inside' accomplice

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • I think John and Patsy caught him and he made her cover up

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • I still have no idea

Votes: 57 8.5%
  • patsy and john helped cover it up

Votes: 9 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
there are plenty of cases where parents have barbarically killed their children. how do we know it's not the case that there is no history of torture abuse and sadistic behavior. i believe repeated episodes of sexual abuse is sadistic behavior. again, not every incident of abuse gets reported, believe me i used to work in the field. if theres no report made by a concerned neighbor, doctor, teacher, etc how can anyone do anything about it? just because there's no previous reports of abuse/neglect on the ramseys doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Excellent points!

When you look at the rope around her neck and imbedded in it and compare it to the loosely tied wrists and the fact that she was found wrapped in her favorite blanket. That shows me a very conflicted killer. One that shows concern and a desire to undo what's been done.

There are no cases where a child garroted their child. It takes something extra.. To watch the breath go out of your child while they stare at your face.. That is something over and above a beating that goes wrong.

There is nothing in any of JOHN or PATSY history that shows this kind of behavior. If there was we would know it.

IMO the killer wasn't looking into her face. The evidence shows she was face down. Wouldn't a sadistic murderer want to watch the last breath leave her body?

IMO the head bash left her unconscious with her brain swelling. It was bad and the killer knew it, heard her skull crack.

IMO the head bash left her unconscious with her brain swelling. It was bad and the killer knew it, heard her skull crack.
[/QUOTE]

I have always considered it likely that the head injury was such that Patsy believed she was already dead. But she, or whichever R it was, may have realized she was not dead but so badly injured that there was no way to explain it away as another "accident".

I have always considered it likely that the head injury was such that Patsy believed she was already dead. But she, or whichever R it was, may have realized she was not dead but so badly injured that there was no way to explain it away as another "accident".[/QUOTE]

I will never forget the sound my sons head made when he fell into the nightstand while jumping on my bed! The words "stop jumping" had just left my lips when I saw him, it seemed like in slow motion, then his head hit. That sound...!!! I thought he was surely dead!
He wasn't and immediately began to cry as I filled a bag with ice and raced to the ER. I was amazed to learn he didn't have a concussion, just a nasty lump.
I can't even imagine the sound her little head must have made:(

I have always considered it likely that the head injury was such that Patsy believed she was already dead. But she, or whichever R it was, may have realized she was not dead but so badly injured that there was no way to explain it away as another "accident".[/QUOTE]

I always thought JonBenet was struggling to breath and to end her suffering or speed up the process she was strangled with a rope, and the paint brush handle was needed for leverage when the murderer discovered how difficult it was.
In for a penny, In for a pound.

IMO the killer wasn't looking into her face. The evidence shows she was face down. Wouldn't a sadistic murderer want to watch the last breath leave her body?

Maybe.. Maybe not. Still never been a parent ever that garroted their child. I have not found one case and I have been looking a long time.

Maybe.. Maybe not. Still never been a parent ever that garroted their child. I have not found one case and I have been looking a long time.

I haven't found one either.

I also haven't found a child left dead in the home along with a ransom note.

Never heard of a three page ransom note either.

Never seen two parents so reluctant to work with law enforcement. Instead, appear on CNN.

Never seen two parents that wouldn't talk to a possible witness, Burke, about what he may have seen or heard.

Never seen the father of a murdered child want to leave the state to attend an important meeting the very day their child is found murdered in his own home.

Right? The whole scene is unique to me it screams bad plan from an outsider. A Parent schemes better, Hides the body. Does not leave it in the home to find..

What happened here does not go alone with the KISS rule.

Right? The whole scene is unique to me it screams bad plan from an outsider. A Parent schemes better, Hides the body. Does not leave it in the home to find..

What happened here does not go alone with the KISS rule.

It screams of a unplanned frantic attempt at covering up a head bash. Seems a moment of rage and a single strike to JonBenet's head set everything else in motion.
It seems over the top, like something a drama queen looking to deflect attention away from what was done.

I haven't found one either.

I also haven't found a child left dead in the home along with a ransom note.

Never heard of a three page ransom note either.

Never seen two parents so reluctant to work with law enforcement. Instead, appear on CNN.

Never seen two parents that wouldn't talk to a possible witness, Burke, about what he may have seen or heard.

Never seen the father of a murdered child want to leave the state to attend an important meeting the very day their child is found murdered in his own home.

BBM: And while appearing on CNN state they will work with the BPD, giving them everything. And when BPD is in Atlanta where the Ramseys are, they leave...Go figure...Yep, that is some great cooperation there. Just sayin.'

JMO

You're right about the garroting but you need to remember here, that it was team R (thanks Lou Smitt) that called it a garrote, everyone else called it a ligature (especially the ME called it a ligature) and other parents have used ligatures to strange their children...

Texas Mom Described Strangling Her 2 Autistic Kids
http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-mom-told-911-strangling-autistic-children/story?id=11227619

Children's frantic fight as father strangled them
Relatives broke down and wept as Northampton Crown Court was told how the children struggled and tried to remove the ligatures from their necks.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-32841/Childrens-frantic-fight-father-strangled-them.html

6 Children Found Strangled After Mother Confesses to 911
http://www.nytimes.com/1998/09/05/us/6-children-found-strangled-after-mother-confesses-to-911.html

I can add cases all day long of parents that strangled their children and most used some form of ligature... It does happen Scarlett....

I also forgot to add that when a family member murders a child, that child is often found in or near the home...

Baby Elaina and Caylee Anthony come to mind and thats just two of many....

The use of the paintbrush handle to fashion a crude "device" for leverage points away from John. IMO he simply wouldn't need the extra leverage.

The fact it was made while around her neck ...while she was unconscious, proves it wasn't some sadistic sex game gone awry. IMO

It screams of a unplanned frantic attempt at covering up a head bash. Seems a moment of rage and a single strike to JonBenet's head set everything else in motion.
It seems over the top, like something a drama queen looking to deflect attention away from what was done.

No.No one covers up a head bash with a garroting.. No one.. Not ever. This is a sick twisted someone who broke into this house and had horrible plans.

You're right about the garroting but you need to remember here, that it was team R (thanks Lou Smitt) that called it a garrote, everyone else called it a ligature (especially the ME called it a ligature) and other parents have used ligatures to strange their children...

Texas Mom Described Strangling Her 2 Autistic Kids
http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-mom-told-911-strangling-autistic-children/story?id=11227619

Children's frantic fight as father strangled them
Relatives broke down and wept as Northampton Crown Court was told how the children struggled and tried to remove the ligatures from their necks.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-32841/Childrens-frantic-fight-father-strangled-them.html

6 Children Found Strangled After Mother Confesses to 911
http://www.nytimes.com/1998/09/05/us/6-children-found-strangled-after-mother-confesses-to-911.html

I can add cases all day long of parents that strangled their children and most used some form of ligature... It does happen Scarlett....

It is a garrote. There is no doubt about that.

But I do know that people are hideous and do awful things to their children. IT is sickening. But the more I look at this, the more I see it with fresh eyes, I see something that is not done by these parents. This was someone else. There is enough that points to someone else being in that house that night.

No.No one covers up a head bash with a garroting.. No one.. Not ever. This is a sick twisted someone who broke into this house and had horrible plans.

People conceal crimes everyday.

People stage crime scenes to divert attention away from themselves everyday.

People, parents attempt to hide the bodies of the children they murdered all the time. Only difference, they don't write 3 page ransom notes. They do often claim their children were abducted/kidnapped

Nothing new or mysterious about it.

Well, either way you look at it, someone did. Whether it was the Ramseys or the "intruder." Someone put the garrote on JB's neck to cover the head wound.

JMO

It is a garrote. There is no doubt about that.

But I do know that people are hideous and do awful things to their children. IT is sickening. But the more I look at this, the more I see it with fresh eyes, I see something that is not done by these parents. This was someone else. There is enough that points to someone else being in that house that night.

If it was indeed a garrote, it would have been brought to the crime scene and made before hand. This wAs nothing more than a stick used to gain leverage. Not some sophisticated sexual device.

I also forgot to add that when a family member murders a child, that child is often found in or near the home...

Baby Elaina and Caylee Anthony come to mind and thats just two of many....

Im not sure about that.. I can think of children that are gone and never are found and it is suspected it was the family...

Still even at or near is not in the house and call the police for them to find her. That just does not make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NatSC