KOIN 08.13.2010; interview with gj witness who met Terri the day Kyron disappeared

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to even speculate about baby K being fussy and Terri trying to soothe her.....while imagining how Kyron was killed and disposed of. Was baby K being soothed while that was going on?

The last time two times I had to fill a prescription at FM, it took 30 minutes each, and I think that's probably the standard. I am thinking it must have been an OTC that the first FM was out of? But again, knowing how well stocked FMs tend to be with all kinds of generics, that seems unlikely. Details like the OTC vs. Prescription med thing can really play a large role in TH's timeline.

I know I'll come off as one of those people determined to keep TH a major POI, but none of this is linked to DS's activities that day, and so long as her activities aren't made clear it's really hard to read much into this. And I think most of us probably feel that way, too.

And for further discussion, the extended stop and chat isn't anything too out of the ordinary, but making a point to flip through a phone, while carrying baby K around, to show a picture of Kyron at the exhibit seems suspicious given the context of the case. We're all waiting for a flood of truth here to lead us to an innocent child, and we continue to hear second-hand bit-by-bits. At the very least, it would be nice to know what DS was doing that day.

Go read Jules post #247 up thread, pretty much explains the whole day, DS included. Our opinion only.

That's what I thought, too, but now Andrea is saying that Terri told her the baby was sick, and that she knew the baby was sick from the previous day. So how sick was this baby? Did she have a cold? That's not unusual. But why take a sick child to a daycare? I guess that could just make Terri a jerk (child could make other children sick), but not necessarily responsible for Kyron's disappearance.

I don't know. I wish Kaine would clarify if the baby was sick or teething or what, and if sick, how sick.

If a baby has a mild cold, and no fever, are you a jerk for taking them to a daycare? I'd hate to find out all these years after my son was a baby, that I was a jerk back then, for following what my pediatrician told me to do.

Okay Emma....I see you down there,lol, what is your take on this?????:waitasec:

LOL Nana,
I'm just trying to catch up.

While it's interesting that investigators came to the gym, interviewed this woman, and then she told them she'd seen Terri that AM at Fred Meyer. Investigators may have already known of this encounter from Terri herself going over her day.

I think we cannot rule out that the baby was with Terri. Baby's not mentioned, that is true but ... she doesn't say Terri was without the baby either. If this woman always sees Terri with the baby, she might think that the baby being with Terri is obvious - not the highlight worth mentioning.

OTOH if the baby was not with Terri - that's totally another story...

Sounds to me as if Terri was pretty focused on having just left school - focused on the science fair and on Kyron's project - they talked about doing projects with children. I think THAT was on Terri's mind - and that conversation I'd like to hear more about -it warranted Terri thinking about it in the story, talking about it with an acquaintance in the store and showing the picture in the store. I'd like to hear more from this witness about exactly what Terri talked about relative to the project & working on it with Kyron.

Not sure we've learned anything at all of definitive investigative value, other than that Terri was at that Fred Meyer's long enough to briefly chat with a woman who works at her gym. And it seems this woman is shocked to learn of some of Terri's behaviors that she's been accused of - (MFH, sexting), based on what she knew of Terri... And she's been watching the Desiree/Kaine interviews and learning about Terri & the focus of the case as we have...

The last time two times I had to fill a prescription at FM, it took 30 minutes each, and I think that's probably the standard. I am thinking it must have been an OTC that the first FM was out of? But again, knowing how well stocked FMs tend to be with all kinds of generics, that seems unlikely. Details like the OTC vs. Prescription med thing can really play a large role in TH's timeline.

Here is my question: When a prescription is called in for you or you bring it in personally to a specific FM, can you get a refill at another FM? Are the pharmacy computers connected so that a pharmacist from one FM can pull up a prescription on line from another FM? Or do you have to transfer the RX? TIA

I believe it was May that the trade name Motrins, Benadryl, Tylenol, were recalled. Not all, but many lots. The thing is, the generics were not affected by that recall. So, to me, the only reason she would need to go to a 2nd FM is to get a RX filled. Or, because it was close to the gym? moo

Is anyone else having a difficult time refreshing their page, going from page to page, and submitting comments? Or is it my computer? TIA

I am not having any problems. I am using Safari (don't know if that makes any difference).

My gym has a sign asking parents to be considerate of others and not bring in a child with a runny nose or cough....

But she didn't say "I thought Kyron was presenting but he wasn't so I left early".

Remember, this is 9:30 to 10, and the science fair ended at 10. It almost sounds like she intended going back. But it was almost over.

Or did she mean she hadn't realized how long it was going to last, turned out it lasted a couple hours, so she decided to go get the baby's medicine?

Baby was fussy and couldn't last the couple of hours that Terri wasn't expecting?

I don't know. It just doesn't make sense to me.
:twocents:
jmo - I think TH was aware of the time groups gathered at the SF & what time they went back to homeroom / attendance. She was a regular volunteer, so maybe she felt she needed an excuse for not staying and touring with the groups, like a fussy baby with earache. If she was not 100% confident that the teacher would place Kyron at a dr. appt. she may have had concerns that shortly after 10 the school would start calls home. By placing herself in a public place at the same time, helps her alibi, if that's what she was doing. I have to wonder if after the 1st FM stop & receipt at 9:12, she still hadn't bumped into anyone that would recognize her. Maybe her whole purpose to being at the FMs / running errands was to find someone that would already know her & be able to place her in public in her normal state (not nervous or out of character), if that call should come. When the phone doesn't ring shortly after 10, she is off to "drive around" to supposedly soothe the baby.

I watched the interview twice & I don't hear any mention of baby actually being present at the FM w/ TH. Curious that AL notes she knew from the day before baby was sickly.
I've not seen any confirmation as to whether Kyron went on the group tours 9-10 or not. Last sighting by TH at 8:45, and possible other sighting in school at 9. Confuzzled. jmo

Is anyone else having a difficult time refreshing their page, going from page to page, and submitting comments? Or is it my computer? TIA

Yes, sometimes it just keeps refreshing continuously, like the energizer bunny, and doesn't stop.

I am not having any problems. I am using Safari (don't know if that makes any difference).

I'm using Firefox so maybe that's the difference. The wait to submitt a comment or to refresh is testing my patience. lol Thanks

Here is my question: When a prescription is called in for you or you bring it in personally to a specific FM, can you get a refill at another FM? Are the pharmacy computers connected so that a pharmacist from one FM can pull up a prescription on line from another FM? Or do you have to transfer the RX? TIA

I believe it was May that the trade name Motrins, Benadryl, Tylenol, were recalled. Not all, but many lots. The thing is, the generics were not affected by that recall. So, to me, the only reason she would need to go to a 2nd FM is to get a RX filled. Or, because it was close to the gym? moo

bbm. The 2nd FM may have been close to her gym, but didn't she drive around rural roads trying to soothe the baby before she went to the gym? So in this scenario she would have driven to FM on her way to the gym, but then decided baby was too fusy so proceeded to drive around on rural roads, then head back to the area of the gym?

I really wish she would have explained, or the reporter included, what was meant by this:

And despite noting that it was obvious Horman was being deceitful, Leckey said that doesn't necessarily mean she harmed Kyron in any way.

How was Terri deceitful?
I am way behind all of you as usual. The way I heard it was - she couldn't believe beforehand that TH would do any of the things she has now heard of on the news that she did, and believes from news reports that she has been deceitful in other areas of her life, however that doesn't equate to her as meaning she hurt Kyron. I assumed she meant the sexting was deceitful, but that it didn't equate to harming Kyron. I hope that makes sense. jmo of course.

I don't know. I wish Kaine would clarify if the baby was sick or teething or what, and if sick, how sick.

If a baby has a mild cold, and no fever, are you a jerk for taking them to a daycare? I'd hate to find out all these years after my son was a baby, that I was a jerk back then, for following what my pediatrician told me to do.

Really? Your doctor told you it was A-OK to take your kid to daycare when they have a cold? Because I don't know of any daycare around here that wants to take care of a sick kid or have a cold make the rounds to all the other kids. If your kid has a runny nose, or coughing, or sore throat, or any other active cold symptoms, you are not to bring them to school, either. Maybe things have changed since your kids were small.

And yes, I do think someone who has a baby fussy enough that you have to travel to two different stores to get the "right" medicine and takes 90 minutes of driving around rural roads to calm down is an [unusual person] to then expect some minimum wage gym daycare worker to have to deal with it, and possibly expose all the other kids to the illness.

[/B]

bbm. The 2nd FM may have been close to her gym, but didn't she drive around rural roads trying to soothe the baby before she went to the gym? So in this scenario she would have driven to FM on her way to the gym, but then decided baby was too fusy so proceeded to drive around on rural roads, then head back to the area of the gym?

You know what? I just keep dang forgetting about Terri's venture on rural roads to sooth baby girl. lol :eek:

The two stops for medication don't make sense to me, unless it was a prescription that the first FM was out of. Maybe the 2nd FM had it in stock. If it was OTC Terri could have stopped anywhere to get it.

Many daycares - and we are talking about a gym daycare, this is optional playtime for the parent, not a job (I use gym daycare services, and go to the gym 5 times a week, so I'm not biased against gym-going moms) - have a list of symptoms that your child shouldn't have if you want to drop them off there. Consistently runny nose, cough, or fever, etc. Also, if they cry for more than 10 or 15 minutes, they will call you to come collect the child. The reasons for this are out of consideration for other children, and also consideration for the child and the staff. When you're paying $2-3/hr (or nothing at all if its included in your gym membership), the staff is not trained to be dealing with sick kids.

BBM

Personally, and just because it's a major pet peeve of mine, I just think it's common courtesy that if your child is not feeling well and could possibly have a virus or some other, you don't take them to the gym where they could expose other kids. But then again, I no longer take my kids to the gym child care because most people do not provide that courtesy. :angel:

Boy I've gotten so frustrated and have tried evrything have opened four different browsers trying to get onto WS, then each time I load a page it times out, loses connection, etc...

Uuurgghh!
_frustrated__REVAMP_by_KimRaiFan.gif

I don't see why not. Babies can become distracted by activities at various places and calm down. Take them home and they just stay miserable and crying. I'd give the baby a try at the gym.

well, because it's not fair to leave a known fussy baby in child care, either to the baby or to workers; because you can distract a toddler yourself; because if she actually worked out while her toddler was miserable with child care workers, that seems really odd to me; because I haven't heard anything about lunch or a nap, neither of which is likely to happen at gym child care; and the TOP TEN reason why I don't leave my fussy toddler who needs meds at the gym child care is because, in the grand scheme of things, making sure I get in a work out isn't my top priority over my uncomfortable, fussy, tired baby. TH herself said that baby k was having none of sleeping in the truck. If that's true, she didn't have a nap from at least just before 8 (probably at least an hour before that) until at least 1 pm? Toddlers don't nap at gym child care as a rule. There's no place or time or peace for them to do so. The logical thing to do would be, imo, at a minimum, take baby home for a nap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member