KOIN 08.13.2010; interview with gj witness who met Terri the day Kyron disappeared

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about rural roads in the PNE, but rural roads in the deep south are not where you want to be driving a sick/fussy baby around to calm her. I'd think it'd be worse in the PNE, with elevation changes and such, especially if the kiddo is sick with an earache.

And I have the same experience as yours about daycare and sick babies.

Now a what if. What if the medicine wasn't really for the baby but for the child who was being concealed, then possibly medicated until unconscious, then... well... you know? What if it wasn't the baby at all that she was trying to lull to sleep on the backroads, but the other child who'd been fed, say, tons of benedryl--and the backroads excursion was to kill time until the kill?

Just questions. Not that I'm saying it's so... but stuff that I guess should be considered.

Hi Puff - haven't seen you here for awhile. Welcome back!
I thought of that scenario of the medication for baby girl being a cover up. What doesn't make sense is if Terri planned all this why on earth didn't she have it with her? Why not purchase it a week before or why wouldn't she have some already if baby girl was teething. According to so many, every minute of this was planned so why wouldn't she have have, let's say, Benadryl to put Kyron to sleep but not kill him? She could have been visible shopping for vacation clothes, why a pharmacy product? I'm so confused moo

So strange ... this woman Terri barely knows (Andrea L) knows Baby K is sick from the previous day, yet when Kaine was interviewed about the Friday Kyron went missing, he never mentioned once that Baby K had been sick. Did he not know? Was she not manifesting any symptoms by that time?

I wonder what the daycare staff at the gym have/had to say about Baby K's demeanor that day. Did she seem like sleepy? Was she sniffly? Complaining? Etc.

I'm just wondering if Baby K was ever sick at all.

My guess is that she was teething - if so, it's logical to assume she had been teething the day before, as well.

It's possible that Kaine simply considered that to be a normal part of child development and took no special notice of it.

Without a handoff of Kyron at school or at the 1st Fred Meyer parking lot (for example), this is all too convoluted. It looks like Terri was where she said she was prior to the checkout at the 2nd Fred Meyers (10 AM). Then driving 10 - until 11:39? - Then she & baby hit the gym.

Someone took Kyron from school for her and she met up with them after 10 for 1.5 hours unaccounted (if you are developing a theory involving Terri in what happened to Kyron).

IMO, this is why time frames on cars & trucks at school and Fred Meyers are very important. Also the ID of the unidentified person associated with the white truck...

Please read Jules71 post #247

OK, just watched the interview AGAIN LIVE on KOIN..

Had the DBF watch it too..

She clearly says the only thing odd about it.... (didn't get exact words here-talking about
how TH approached her in FM -paraphrasing here)

BUT she DID say:

She was standing there with her daughter, sick in her arms..

I"M NOT CRAZY lol =)

Hi Puff - haven't seen you here for awhile. Welcome back!
I thought of that scenario of the medication for baby girl being a cover up. What doesn't make sense is if Terri planned all this why on earth didn't she have it with her? Why not purchase it a week before or why wouldn't she have some already if baby girl was teething. According to so many, every minute of this was planned so why wouldn't she have have, let's say, Benadryl to put Kyron to sleep but not kill him? She could have been visible shopping for vacation clothes, why a pharmacy product? I'm so confused moo

Howdy, E4C... been swamped with stuff the past month... just catching up. Thanks for the welcome back.

I'll just be honest and say that I don't have answers for your questions in response to my questions. ha. I'm just shaking the tree to see what falls out. :)

It's like putting together a puzzle with three of the border pieces missing.

She clearly says the only thing odd about it.... (didn't get exact words here-talking about

BUT she DID say:

I"M NOT CRAZY lol =)

I noticed that the video on the web looks like it kind of cuts off, I DID see her say this on tv, SAME interview..

I think they save a tidbit that will be considered "new" for the 11pm news..

I totally agree. And for me, the main reason why this is such a sticking point is because I think it makes perfect sense to behave this way if you are trying to establish an alibi, remain mobile, and appear to be very busy (too busy to be up to no good). It could also just be that she happened to have a very busy morning and felt like Baby K could tough it out long enough for her to get a work out in.

bbm~

well, i am SO SO far from mother of the year compared to TH's image, and even I wouldn't have had my toddler *tough it out* to go to the gym. Seriously, my dd who is 11 hasn't been to the dr. in at least 6 years. And my son, who had asthma as a baby and toddler, hasn't been in at least 4 years. So it's clear that I am NOT super-sensitive to medical issues. And *I* still find it odd that TH would have dropped baby at gym child care under those circumstances. The fact that even I wouldn't have done so says a lot to me. It may be the *all about her* attitude, or maybe worse...but if a *negligent* mom like me wouldn't do it, I think it's fair to assume that a mom that is attentive to medical issues definitely would not. jmoo

BUT she DID say:

I"M NOT CRAZY lol =)

Thanks for this. I didn't get to see the video, but only read the article.
The article didn't say baby K was there, or not.
If AL says baby K was in her arms, then that throws my theory out the window.

Why would two parents need to stay home with one sick baby? She was a SAHM. That was her job. He needs to work to support her and the kids. When I was a SAHM, I would NEVER have suggested my husband use one of his few sick days to stay home with a sick child when I was already there. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

If the baby was really that sick to go out, then Terri could have stayed home and sent Kyron to school on the bus. Kyron might have been disappointed, but stuff happens.

Personally, I don't think the baby was really sick.

I think Intel is flexible enough to have given Kaine a whole day off rather than 4 hours, especially if it was so Kaine could attend his son's Expo that he was clearly excited about. Just because Terri was a stay at home mom, doesn't mean she had to do everything herself. I think it's hard work - taking care of children and a home, putting baby care before self care all the time. Feeling unappreciated. Sorry, but just because a mom isn't working outside the home in no way exonerates everyone else of being a parent. There were 4 parents - and noone attended except Terri. I find that sad. moo mho

Maybe someone has already mentioned this, but if I went to one store and they did not have the medicine I was looking for, the last thing I would do is go to the SAME store in a different location for the product. I would visit another store--
Walgreen's, Target, Safeway--all have good pharmacies, and there was bound to be of those closer th the other FM. This seems odd to me--unless she was really into her FM card, or, perhaps, was meeting someone at the parking lot of the farther Fred Meyer?

Thanks for this. I didn't get to see the video, but only read the article.
The article didn't say baby K was there, or not.
If AL says baby K was in her arms, then that throws my theory out the window.

The video currently on the web, (the one everyone has been watching) never had that portion in it.

I hope they update the video after this 11pm broadcast.

I have a witness that watched it on tv on the local news with me..=)

At the time of their Fred Meyer encounter, Leckey said she was being polite and making chit-chat because she knew Horman's daughter was not feeling well.<snipped>
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...er-encounter-with/ZRn4GrYpt0a0BAxulU8rEA.cspx

There is just not enough information here for me to have an opinion! I want to know if BabyK looked sick or if TH told her she was sick? Was she already working on an alibi?

:waitasec:

Showing her friend the picture of Kyron seems kinda hinky to me since the friend says it was unusual. But then saying babyK was sick and Kaine didn't mention it in his interviews just has me very confused. I wish WE could ask the hard questions!

I noticed that the video on the web looks like it kind of cuts off, I DID see her say this on tv, SAME interview..

I think they save a tidbit that will be considered "new" for the 11pm news..

ty free. I never doubted you :)

So now we know baby was with her. So far, so good, on her timeline until ~10

I think Intel is flexible enough to have given Kaine a whole day off rather than 4 hours, especially if it was so Kaine could attend his son's Expo that he was clearly excited about. Just because Terri was a stay at home mom, doesn't mean she had to do everything herself. I think it's hard work - taking care of children and a home, putting baby care before self care all the time. Feeling unappreciated. Sorry, but just because a mom isn't working outside the home in no way exonerates everyone else of being a parent. There were 4 parents - and noone attended except Terri. I find that sad. moo mho

I really don't think this exhibit was that big of a deal. I have done them with my kids for years and years. Not big enough for two of the parents to drive four hours, and not big enough for Kaine to have to take time off. Really truly. If they really wanted a big parental turn out, they would have held it in the evening.

I think this is all very thoughtful. I would just add that Skyline Elementary didn't make calls for absent students. However, I suppose if - for some reason - the alarm was raised because teachers had seen Kyron and then not seen him and weren't sure what happened to him (which is still VERY shocking to me; I feel the teacher must have been CONVINCED that he was with his mom or else she is a terribly negligent teacher), that Terri may have wanted to establish an alibi.
ITA - The no policy of calling home, no sign in rule, really *@^% though. I thought it was standard everywhere, grrr. Many school policies changed after - was it Columbine? I find myself questioning everything since we have so few facts. Thinking about DY's several 1 liner emails from TH, TH leaving SF before 10 & wondering if that was her all clear mark - if the phone doesn't ring by 10:15ish then it's a go. Whatever "it" may be. A 100 different things may have happened that day, if anyone knew for sure, Kyron would be home. Just so I'm clear, I guess I'm on the blasted fence too, until some evidence is revealed, and I don't see that happening until trial. Too many ifs, maybes, and key simple questions we won't have answers to. Where was baby that day? Exactly when / where was Kyron last seen by anyone other than TH? on and on

I'd just so badly like to see Kyron come home safe, and I'm losing this argument w/ myself over here. I will NEVER understand how anyone could bring any harm to a 7yo child. :cursing:

This interview was interesting, lady was well spoken, appeared sincere, and (for us) verified some info. I especially liked when they asked (my words here) where she stood, she said

:clap: "I'm on Kyron's side." :praying:

all above jmo

I really don't think this exhibit was that big of a deal. I have done them with my kids for years and years. Not big enough for two of the parents to drive four hours, and not big enough for Kaine to have to take time off. Really truly. If they really wanted a big parental turn out, they would have held it in the evening.

Maybe it wasn't a big deal for adults, but Kyron sure was proud. What could have been a 'great' day for him turned out to be his last. This crime needs to be solved, and quick before we all go crazy. moo mhoo

At the time of their Fred Meyer encounter, Leckey said she was being polite and making chit-chat because she knew Horman's daughter was not feeling well.<snipped>
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...er-encounter-with/ZRn4GrYpt0a0BAxulU8rEA.cspx

There is just not enough information here for me to have an opinion! I want to know if BabyK looked sick or if TH told her she was sick? Was she already working on an alibi?

:waitasec:

Showing her friend the picture of Kyron seems kinda hinky to me since the friend says it was unusual. But then saying babyK was sick and Kaine didn't mention it in his interviews just has me very confused. I wish WE could ask the hard questions!

Something that I picked up on. The woman who was interviewed made it very clear that she was not a friend of Terri's and only knew her from the gym, and that Terri was normally a very quiet person...yet was more talkative at FM than she'd ever seen her.

So Terri calls out to her from across the store, comes over to her, discusses the science fair, shows her a photo of Kyron who she'd only seen once or twice at the gym. Just totally weird. And this person isn't even a friend. And Terri took time away from dealing with a sick baby to do this. It almost sounds like she was at FM hoping to run into someone she knew so that she could establish an alibi.

It'd be like me at Kroger, running up to the teller from my bank who just happens to be there too, talking about my kid who she barely knows, and then me digging my phone out of my purse to show her a photo of my kid who she's only seen once or twice. All while I have a sick baby with me. Makes no sense.

We have seen two interviews with NAMED sources in two days. This is a first. I've learned so much from the two, now all I have to do is process it all.

TWO INTERVIEWS WITH NAMED AND RELIABLE SOURCES! WITH NO HIDDEN AGENDAS!!!

:Banane59::Banane57::sponge::too much info::40__s::bedtime:​

O/T, but doesn't it seem funny (I don't mean hinky funny, just odd funny) that AL stated in the video she was from the East Coast and moved here for the "quiet" and yet within a 3 month period has found herself at the center of 2 major crimes in Pdx?
What are the odds?
And, no I am not implying anything at all about AL herself, just finding it ironic, as Alannis M would say.....

bbm~

well, i am SO SO far from mother of the year compared to TH's image, and even I wouldn't have had my toddler *tough it out* to go to the gym. Seriously, my dd who is 11 hasn't been to the dr. in at least 6 years. And my son, who had asthma as a baby and toddler, hasn't been in at least 4 years. So it's clear that I am NOT super-sensitive to medical issues. And *I* still find it odd that TH would have dropped baby at gym child care under those circumstances. The fact that even I wouldn't have done so says a lot to me. It may be the *all about her* attitude, or maybe worse...but if a *negligent* mom like me wouldn't do it, I think it's fair to assume that a mom that is attentive to medical issues definitely would not. jmoo

BBM Yeah, me neither, but I was trying to not be all witch-hunty. ;0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member