Kris Kristofferson, Country Music Legend and 'A Star Is Born' Leading Man, Dies at 88

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

sds71

Reaction score
Kris Kristofferson, the renowned actor and country singer-songwriter, has died. He was 88.

A representative for the star said he was surrounded by family when he died "peacefully" at his home in Maui on Saturday, Sept. 28.

“It is with a heavy heart that we share the news our husband/father/grandfather, Kris Kristofferson, passed away peacefully on Saturday, September 28 at home. We’re all so blessed for our time with him. Thank you for loving him all these many years, and when you see a rainbow, know he’s smiling down at us all," his family said in a statement shared with PEOPLE.

“Songwriting was merely one aspect to the Renaissance man, who was also a Golden Globe-winning actor, Golden Gloves boxer, Rhodes scholar, author, U.S. Army veteran, pilot, and onetime record-label janitor.”

AS THE SONGWRITER of legendary compositions like “Help Me Make It Through the Night,” “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down,” and “Me and Bobby McGee,” Kris Kristofferson transformed lyrics into literature, elevating the craft to a legitimate American art form in a way few had done before. Part Romantic poet, part folk troubadour, part country-music storyteller, Kristofferson died Saturday at the age of 88.

A spokesperson for Kristofferson, Ebie McFarland, confirmed the musician’s death, adding that the “artist, singer, songwriter, actor and activist … passed away peacefully in his home in Maui, Hawaii … surrounded by family.”

Songwriting was merely one aspect to the Renaissance man, who was also a Golden Globe-winning actor, Golden Gloves boxer, Rhodes scholar, author, U.S. Army veteran, pilot, and onetime record-label janitor. But it was his penetrating lyricism that caused a seismic shift in the perception of country music by the late Sixties. Well-educated (with a military discipline) though he was, he quickly fell in with the freshman class of “outlaw” singer-songwriters that would buck the star system and influence generations to come…

Last edited:
When asked what he believed to be the secret of life, Kristofferson told Men's Journal in 2017, "I had a list of rules I made up one time.
It says: Tell the truth, sing with passion, work with laughter, and love with heart. Those are good to start with anyway."

That he did.

Saddened to hear this……. and had to login and share this to warm the heart. Story is that Kris Kristofferson helped to find the remarkable John Prine for us and get others to hear him. Both have now sadly passed.

Here from Farm Aid 1986…… the masked man (Kris Kristofferson) makes an appearance in this duet by Bonnie Raitt and John Prine of John’s wonderful “Angel From Montgomery”:

This Billboard online June 11, 2019 article by Cathy Applefeld Olson entitled ‘John Prine Shares the Remarkable ‘Cinderella Story’ of How His Career Got Started’ tells some of that story:

Fly high gentlemen. You both left us some fine fine music IMO. MOO

Last edited:
Thanks @I am not Sherlock H.
Yes Music feeds my soul too. And I've always loved a variety of all kinds of music.

Also I'm not stuck in one era. I've loved music from many genres and from every decade right back to the first recorded music to now.
There is still beautiful music out there being made right now.

Kris Kristfferson was one of a kind, poet, singer and much more, but it was the music that I loved most.
There was no one like him. He was unique and will be missed.
I am glad we still have his music.

Saddened to hear this……. and had to login and share this to warm the heart. Story is that Kris Kristofferson helped to find the remarkable John Prine for us and get others to hear him. Both have now sadly passed.

Here from Farm Aid 1986…… the masked man (Kris Kristofferson) makes an appearance in this duet by Bonnie Raitt and John Prine of John’s wonderful “Angel From Montgomery”:

This Billboard online June 11, 2019 article by Cathy Applefeld Olson entitled ‘John Prine Shares the Remarkable ‘Cinderella Story’ of How His Career Got Started’ tells some of that story:

Fly high gentlemen. You both left us some fine fine music IMO. MOO
Thank you!
One of my ALL TIME favorite songs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member