Kronk's Ex-Wife Questioned By Prosecutors

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they questioned her today because they don't want any surprises later. I don't see any sense in trying to catch her in lies. It is not their duty to protect Rk. Key witnesses are not always good people. She is a battered woman and I think the state should be sensitive to that. I don't believe she will be seen as an ex wife with an ax to grind at all. She didn't start this. They went to her. Also even though RH says she will not be able to offer her personal opinion, she will be able to offer what happened to her in the past. I think RH is way off on this one. IMO
Who started this?

Kind? This is a deposition. Would you hope the defense was kind to RK? The man has also been through a great deal.

Actually Rk when leaving the deposition said to the press that Jb was very kind to him. lol

I think they questioned her today because they don't want any surprises later. I don't see any sense in trying to catch her in lies. It is not their duty to protect Rk. Key witnesses are not always good people. She is a battered woman and I think the state should be sensitive to that. I don't believe she will be seen as an ex wife with an ax to grind at all. She didn't start this. They went to her. Also even though RH says she will not be able to offer her personal opinion, she will be able to offer what happened to her in the past. I think RH is way off on this one. IMO
The sense in trying to catch her in lies is that her lies may divert the investigation, wastefully I might add, in a direction that is frivolous and without merit whatsoever. It is NOT their duty to protect Mr. Kronk any more than any other citizen, but it IS their duty to arrive at the truth of the matter. Whether she is a battered woman or not is not proven is it? Was any charge bought to fruition on that? What happened to her in HER past is nothing to do with what Casey Anthony did to her daughter. It is ludicrous, the entire Kronk did it theory. Kronk did not have Casey Anthony's car. Kronk did not drive around with Caylee in the trunk. Kronk did not neglect to report HIS child missing for 31 days. Kronk did not lead police on a wild goose chase when they were attempting to locate Caylee...that was ALL Casey. This woman is not an important witness in this case. She knows nothing about this case. If it is not the states duty to protect Roy Kronk then surely by the same token it is not their duty to be "sensitive" to Ms. Kerley.

No, do you?
I wouldn't know if this woman was lying or telling the truth so I couldn't say I take whatever she says at face value. I don't think she has any place here in this case...but that's not because of what she says or doesn't say...I don't believe it to be relevant. RK is not a suspect. The defense can work this scenario as much as they like. It seems to be the only thing they have. I bet if JB gave the State a "witness" we'd see another depo. That's how the case moves forward. This is all the defense team has given the State...so they do a depo.

Of course not. I think the state should question her and find out as much they can about the truth. I think that makes sense. I do not believe they should be anything but sensitive to her and handle her with kit gloves. Others were indicating that the state should try to catch her in lies. I disagree. I think they should flat out ask her the truth, but be kind about it. That is just my opinion.

Furthermore I would like to see Cs and Bs deposed. Would also like to see Rk's current girlfriend Mc questioned. I can wish. Moo

BBM:

You are right notthatsmart...THEY DID go to her...the DEFENSE sought her out! IIRC, it was AL's private investigator that sought JK's opinion. (I can't say testimony because it was highly edited)

I think you meant "handle her with KID gloves"? :waitasec: Kid gloves meaning gloves that were made from a lamb or a goat.

It is the State's job to catch her in lies! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I wouldn't know if this woman was lying or telling the truth so I couldn't say I take whatever she says at face value. I don't think she has any place here in this case...but that's not because of what she says or doesn't say...I don't believe it to be relevant. RK is not a suspect. The defense can work this scenario as much as they like. It seems to be the only thing they have. I bet if JB gave the State a "witness" we'd see another depo. That's how the case moves forward. This is all the defense team has given the State...so they do a depo.

Well if thats the case and you agree with the Judge to go ahead and depose, lets move on to Cs, Bs, Mc and Rk parents. Then maybe we could clear this whole Rk thing up. I am very pleased with the Judge to allow this to happen. It really needs to be done. Then we can all move on. IMO

Ps the Sa says Rk is not a suspect but just by deposing this Jk, their actions are that they are looking into the matter. Actions speak louder than words. IMO

LE investigates...not the State. Can anyone tell me if they hand over everything they investigate to the State...cause I'm sure we haven't seen "everything" they investigated.

Bolded part is by me. I think you're absolutely right, RR0004. I think the state is saying to the defense, "We're doing what we're supposed to do. You make an accusation and support it with a *snicker* witness, then we're going to depose that witness and shoot you out of the water. So, uh...when's the last time YOU did a depostion? Bueller?"

Okay, maybe that's more what I would I say, but I think SA is calling them to the mat for not doing things they're supposed to be doing, like depo's. That, and the SA is not being nice guys anymore. This is serious and they're taking it seriously. I really hope Ms. Kerley didn't try pull an Anthony on the SA's and try to lie and get something over on them. If she did, it won't be pretty...

LE investigates...not the State. Can anyone tell me if they hand over everything they investigate to the State...cause I'm sure we haven't seen "everything" they investigated.

I believe they hand over everything that they are going to use at trial to the defense. I don't think that means we get to see all of it. IMO

Well I believe if they did look into this extensively, they would have had to turn that info over to the defense according to our on board Lawyers. The defense claims that they did not. That they did not even aquire Rk phone records. They would know. its the law. So I don't believe this has already been investigated at all. Hence the Judge's ruling to go ahead and depose.

Once they do investigate, they may find something on record. IMO

I'm no expert on the subject but to order and/or look at someone's criminal records is public record in the state of Florida (and several others) therefore I do not think that the defense or the prosecution would be expected to turn anything over in respect to those records - phone records, on the other hand, referred to in your post, require the signature of a judge in order to acquire and therefore would indeed need to be turned over - JMO ~

Well if thats the case and you agree with the Judge to go ahead and depose, lets move on to Cs, Bs, Mc and Rk parents. Then maybe we could clear this whole Rk thing up. I am very pleased with the Judge to allow this to happen. It really needs to be done. Then we can all move on. IMO

Ps the Sa says Rk is not a suspect but just by deposing this Jk, their actions are that they are looking into the matter. Actions speak louder than words. IMO
They have nothing else to do, now do they? And if a motion is filed to perpetuate testimony (in case the woman dies) there is still nothing that says it's going to be used. I have no idea who the other people are that you are talking about...and to be honest with you...I don't care. Just another useless distraction IMO. Sorry NTS...just not buying the whole RK theory. I feel bad if this is what the defense is hanging their hopes on, though. Casey doesn't have a prayer. JMHO

I believe they hand over everything that they are going to use at trial to the defense. I don't think that means we get to see all of it. IMO
So if they cleared RK...then they wouldn't have a need to hand it over to the State?

Bolded part is by me. I think you're absolutely right, RR0004. I think the state is saying to the defense, "We're doing what we're supposed to do. You make an accusation and support it with a *snicker* witness, then we're going to depose that witness and shoot you out of the water. So, uh...when's the last time YOU did a depostion? Bueller?"

Okay, maybe that's more what I would I say, but I think SA is calling them to the mat for not doing things they're supposed to be doing, like depo's. That, and the SA is not being nice guys anymore. This is serious and they're taking it seriously. I really hope Ms. Kerley didn't try pull an Anthony on the SA's and try to lie and get something over on them. If she did, it won't be pretty...
Seriously...what has the defense given them? A doctored videotape? This is ridiculous...and a waste of time. It's not getting at any "truth" that's relevant to this case. Casey is on trial here...present something substantial that says she's not the murderer (weren't they going to do that?) and then let's talk. (LOL)

So if they cleared RK...then they wouldn't have a need to hand it over to the State?

Have to ask a Lawyer, but I don't think it works that way.

Even the schedules for the interviews with Mp and Jw were public. IMO

Further, whatever it was that Baez and his team uncovered with their little videos was as far removed from the truth as the darkness is from the light. These people were not even under oath for goodness sakes. But that changed today...Today, Ms. Kerley had to take an oath, swear to tell the truth, so hopefully it will end here.

This defense team has not taken but a handful of depositions and we are 20 months into this...What does that say about their desire to find the truth...You have to seek to find...

Okay on topic.
The defense put in a motion to depose Jk. The Sa did not even object to it. The Judge ruled for the defense. The Sa followed up and indeed did depose Jk. So in my opinon, the Judge, the defense and the Sa all agreed that it was important to depose Jk. Furthermore the Sa's actions were to go out and depose Jk. I arrived at my opinion based on these facts. They, the Judge, the Sa and the Defense all gave creedence to it. So do I.

...and if they didn't...they'd be hiding something. OY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killjoy02