Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay on topic.
The defense put in a motion to depose Jk. The Sa did not even object to it. The Judge ruled for the defense. The Sa followed up and indeed did depose Jk. So in my opinon, the Judge, the defense and the Sa all agreed that it was important to depose Jk. Furthermore the Sa's actions were to go out and depose Jk. I arrived at my opinion based on these facts. They, the Judge, the Sa and the Defense all gave creedence to it. So do I.

BBM.

Time will tell as to any importance or ..... waste of time.

The motion was granted on the basis of JK's health and the need to preserve her testimony than any merit. That will be determined next as to any relevancy and whether anything JK says is usable at trial. To be determined.

Le is a seperate entity. The court is on the fact finding mission. The defense are equal respected officers of the court. The defense considers Rk a suspect. So it is not a moot point. IMO
I don't think that holds the same kind of weight. It's their job to come up with someone "other than" their client. Wonder who it would have been if Caylee wasn't found? JG? AH?

Le is a seperate entity. The court is on the fact finding mission. The defense are equal respected officers of the court. The defense considers Rk a suspect. So it is not a moot point. IMO

Agreed, LE is a separate entity.

However, it is the SA that is on the FACT finding mission. The Defense team is the one that threw this woman into the fray and it is ONLY the defense that does consider RK a suspect. So again, IMO it IS a moot point.

Ok...still looking for that comment about how "we'll all understand". In my journey I did find a transcript posted on a blog...it was the NG show from 7/23/08. On the show, JB claims that he believes ZFG kidnapped Caylee. So why are we talking about RK when Casey's own attorney said it was the babysitter?

It's time for some to take a deep breath. I've removed some posts but haven't looked through the whole thread. In the meantime, please be calm and remember sometimes it is best to agree to disagree.

It's time for some to take a deep breath. I've removed some posts but haven't looked through the whole thread. In the meantime, please be calm and remember sometimes it is best to agree to disagree.

I agree :innocent:

For mods' sake, may we all remember to keep the muskets pointed outwards as we circle the wagons and hunker down these next 29 days... and counting...

:grouphug:

I've been trying to locate that statement that JB made...about how when we get to the trial we'll all understand...and the time frame it was said appears to have been before October, 2008 (searched and found a comment about it here on WS). So, my question is...how could JB know the "truth" and sell us the story that it will all make sense to us before RK finds Caylee's body? How can he sling this, IMO, garbage testimony at us...when a) his client states ZFG stole Caylee, b) CA and GA have stated that it was ZFG, c) and he, himself, states ZFG kidnapped Caylee? So, first he believes his client's story...so much so that he's pretty dang sure we'll understand...and then he decides to NOT believe this story? Is it me...or is this whole RK, JK, and "all known" relatives stuff just plain crazy?

:innocent:Breathing very deeply...very calmly...in and out...:angel:
Thanks for the redirect...:blushing:

I've been trying to locate that statement that JB made...about how when we get to the trial we'll all understand...and the time frame it was said appears to have been before October, 2008 (searched and found a comment about it here on WS). So, my question is...how could JB know the "truth" and sell us the story that it will all make sense to us before RK finds Caylee's body? How can he sling this, IMO, garbage testimony at us...when a) his client staes ZFG stole Caylee, b) CA and GA have stated that it was ZFG, c) and he, himself, states ZFG kidnapped Caylee? So, first he believes his client's story...so much so that he's pretty dang sure we'll understand...and then he decides to NOT believe this story? Is it me...or is this whole RK, JK, and "all known" relatives stuff just plain crazy?
The only way I can make it mesh is to think they are going to say that Mr. Kronk is really Zenaida...and he was babysitting Caylee in his county truck while he did his route...all with Casey's permission...and she did not want anyone to know a MAN was watching Caylee in a truck while he was working for the county, so she renamed him Zenaida and therefore Roy IS Zenaida...He is the one who held her down in the park while HIS sister put Caylee in the car, no wait, what???

It is ludicrous. It does not matter if the defense thinks he is a suspect. The LAW has cleared him of suspicion...so that is where that ends.

Not to worry RR, the judge upon reviewing the questions and answers in the state's deposition is going to deem her testimony wholly irrelevant and to have no place in this trial, whatsoever. The defense has no more chance of succeeding at this than they did having
having Casey's bond reduced;
having counts of the indictment ( murder one ) removed;
the prosecutors thrown off the case;
having the prosecutors sanctioned for evidence being taken out of the car;
having the state have to pay for Dr. Lee's air plane ticket ;
having Casey be allowed to not appear at the hearings;
having the death penalty taken off the table;
having several of the fraud charges dropped;
have Casey not be adjudicated guilty but rather get a withhold of adjudication on all the fraud charges;
having the fraud trial delayed until after the murder trial;
having an ex parte meeting with the judge;
having all of TES records;
have the judge issue a subpoena for the defense to take to Texas to try to have enforced regarding TES;
getting all of Tony's and Jesse's phone and internet records for vast time periods;
observing the CSI and FBI during the crime scene investigation;
observing during the autopsy;
having the state request documents they seek from the FBI and Oakridge Labs;
having a private funeral behind bars with Casey;
having special treatment and the tape recorders turned off in the jail;
having unrecorded visits;
having LP, Tracey and Rob to be deemed to have an agency relationship with Baez so the judge would disallow their testimony;
having a special master for Dominic related matters.......
having the judge make a decision already on the COV;
These are just a few of the various and sundry things the defense has asked for, with no hope of prevailing on.....that the judge shot down in very short order. There are likely one hundred more,examples.

The best predictor, the very , very best predictor of what the judge will do is to review what he has done so far......
if we do that, we can all exhale ......
Caylee's justice is in calm, capable hands.

In the words of Mrs. Drane-Burdick...it is a farce and it does not even come close to being legally sufficient! (Just my opinion, as always).

Okay on topic.
The defense put in a motion to depose Jk. The Sa did not even object to it. The Judge ruled for the defense. The Sa followed up and indeed did depose Jk. So in my opinon, the Judge, the defense and the Sa all agreed that it was important to depose Jk. Furthermore the Sa's actions were to go out and depose Jk. I arrived at my opinion based on these facts. They, the Judge, the Sa and the Defense all gave creedence to it. So do I.

I agree with you. Once the defense used Kerley and her outrageous claims to point the finger of guilt at Mr. Kronk, it became critical for the State to slap her in a deposition, under oath, and grill her. The fact that she is a felon will come out in that deposition, and she will be shown to have absolutely no credibility at all, imo.

IMO, once Judge Strickland reviews the depo it will not be allowed anywhere near this trial, because it is not relevant what kerley thinks.

Not to worry RR, the judge upon reviewing the questions and answers in the state's deposition is going to deem her testimony wholly irrelevant and to have no place in this trial, whatsoever. The defense has no more chance of succeeding at this than they did having
having Casey's bond reduced;
having counts of the indictment ( murder one ) removed;
the prosecutors thrown off the case;
having Casey be allowed to not appear at the hearings;
having the death penalty taken off the table;
having several of the fraud charges dropped;
have Casey not be adjudicated guilty but rather get a withhold of adjudication on all the fraud charges;
having the fraud trial delayed until after the murder trial;
having an ex parte meeting with the judge;
having all of TES records;
have the judge issue a subpoena for the defense to take to Texas to try to have enforced regarding TES;
getting all of Tony's and Jesse's phone and internet records for vast time periods;
observing the CSI and FBI during the crime scene investigation;
observing during the autopsy;
having the state request documents they seek from the FBI and Oakridge Labs;
having a private funeral behind bars with Casey;
having special treatment and the tape recorders turned off in the jail;
having unrecorded visits;
having LP, Tracey and Rob to be deemed to have an agency relationship with Baez so the judge would disallow their testimony;
having a special master for Dominic related matters.......
having the judge make a decision already on the COV;
These are just a few of the various and sundry things the defense has asked for, with no hope of prevailing on.....that the judge shot down in very short order. There are likely one hundred more,examples.

The best predictor, the very , very best predictor of what the judge will do is to review what he has done so far......
if we do that, we can all exhale ......
Caylee's justice is in calm, capable hands.

In the words of Mrs. Drane-Burdick...it is a farce and it does not even come close to being legally sufficient! (Just my opinion, as always).

By Golly, that's a Masterpiece!
I think I shall frame it...:woohoo:

I've been trying to locate that statement that JB made...about how when we get to the trial we'll all understand...and the time frame it was said appears to have been before October, 2008 (searched and found a comment about it here on WS). So, my question is...how could JB know the "truth" and sell us the story that it will all make sense to us before RK finds Caylee's body? How can he sling this, IMO, garbage testimony at us...when a) his client staes ZFG stole Caylee, b) CA and GA have stated that it was ZFG, c) and he, himself, states ZFG kidnapped Caylee? So, first he believes his client's story...so much so that he's pretty dang sure we'll understand...and then he decides to NOT believe this story? Is it me...or is this whole RK, JK, and "all known" relatives stuff just plain crazy?
RR, the date I'm finding on the statement, made by Baez, is October 14th (I believe), which was the day Casey was indicted. I believe he made this comment during the speech at his office, with Casey at his side, before she was arrested. I don't have a news link to the date and statement, but found the date mentioned on some blogs...which I can't link here.

The statement was as follows...

Baez said. “I sincerely believe that when we have finally spoken, everyone, and I mean everyone, will sit back and say, ‘Now, I understand. That explains it.’”

Well if thats the case and you agree with the Judge to go ahead and depose, lets move on to Cs, Bs, Mc and Rk parents. Then maybe we could clear this whole Rk thing up. I am very pleased with the Judge to allow this to happen. It really needs to be done. Then we can all move on. IMO

Ps the Sa says Rk is not a suspect but just by deposing this Jk, their actions are that they are looking into the matter. Actions speak louder than words. IMO
bbm
I see their actions a bit differently. The SA is deposing this woman as a safeguard against any kind of mistrial, basically the SA is only humoring the defense.

bbm
I see their actions a bit differently. The SA is deposing this woman as a safeguard against any kind of mistrial, basically the SA is only humoring the defense.

I agree with you, under an abundance of caution to negate any future appeal issues, the judge has and continues to allow many things be done for purely perfunctory reasons. In my opinion as a professional courtesy to the lawyers he does take time to rule on some things that he could decide in two seconds .....to not appear to be laughing aloud. He allowed the hearing on whether George's suicide letter could come in to evidence ( at this time ) just as a courtesy to Mr. and Mrs. Anthony, for example. This judge is protecting the record for the inevitable appeals, that is all. I respect him. He knows what bases must be touched before you get to home plate. This aint his first rodeo.

I do not post too often, but I am an avid reader and respect everyone's opinions. I have a couple of questions in regards to RK. IF] he had anything to do with Caylee, what would be his reason for finding the body? If he were guilty of anything (WHICH IMO HE IS NOT) wouldn't it have been in his best interest to leave things as they were? IMO, maybe he does have some issues in his past, maybe not, what bearing does that have on this case? What reason is there to take the word of a scorned ex over the word of someone that found this missing child?

To say that the fact this deposition was granted gives merit to RK being the one who murdered Caylee is TOTALLY way out there. SA is deposing this witness for the defense because that is the procedure. I am sure it will come out that the statements JK made were just like statements we all make here - HER OPINION ONLY - and will have no merit in the courtroom. Defense is reaching. It is all about trying to discredit RK and the only way they can is to attack his character.

Again, this is my opinion.

Thank you WebSleuths for being such an informative and friendly site. It is a pleasure reading here.

I do not post too often, but I am an avid reader and respect everyone's opinions. I have a couple of questions in regards to RK. IF] he had anything to do with Caylee, what would be his reason for finding the body? If he were guilty of anything (WHICH IMO HE IS NOT) wouldn't it have been in his best interest to leave things as they were? IMO, maybe he does have some issues in his past, maybe not, what bearing does that have on this case? What reason is there to take the word of a scorned ex over the word of someone that found this missing child?

Snipped with respect.

Such good questions... and what about the fact that the defense is saying that the body was NOT there when Kronk first reported seeing something. So we have a perp that reports finding "something" in the woods where he later dumps the victim?? Oh wait.... the defense is not sure there is even proof of homicide, so what does Kronk have to do with anything if it wasn't murder? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killjoy02