UK - Lucy Letby - Post-Conviction Statutory Inquiry

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Letby's letter to the consultants read out on her behalf by Karen Rees, at the meeting when they were told to apologise to her. Jan 2017.

Letby's letter to the consultants read out on her behalf by Karen Rees, at the meeting when they were told to apologise to her. Jan 2017.

Final 2 paragraphs of Lucy's letter, where she announces her upcoming return to the unit:

'"After working with you all in a professional and supportive manner during difficult and challenging times I have been hurt and disappointed that those of you who did not openly raise concerns felt unable to be more supportive of me in this situation.

The detrimental effect this has had on me, my family, and potentially my future is immense. Many months of worry, distress, secrecy and uncertainty has had a significant impact on my physical health, general wellbeing and self-confidence. I am not the person I was before this began. It is only now that there is some light at the end of the tunnel that I feel as though I can start to try to become the personI was before.

A lot of people would leave / move on/ have a fresh start and I know that is the feeling which has been conveyed to me by some of you "the longer she is away from the unit, the more likely she will be to leave", however, I am very passionate about and dedicated to Chester -it is where I undertook my nurse training and the unit helped me to grow from a student to a newly qualified nurse and beyond. Although this has been very traumatic, my strong desire to remain in Chester and within CoCH remains, and I am hopeful that we can find a professional way forward to enable my return to where I feel I belong."

Final 2 paragraphs of Lucy's letter, where she announces her upcoming return to the unit:

'"After working with you all in a professional and supportive manner during difficult and challenging times I have been hurt and disappointed that those of you who did not openly raise concerns felt unable to be more supportive of me in this situation.

The detrimental effect this has had on me, my family, and potentially my future is immense. Many months of worry, distress, secrecy and uncertainty has had a significant impact on my physical health, general wellbeing and self-confidence. I am not the person I was before this began. It is only now that there is some light at the end of the tunnel that I feel as though I can start to try to become the personI was before.

A lot of people would leave / move on/ have a fresh start and I know that is the feeling which has been conveyed to me by some of you "the longer she is away from the unit, the more likely she will be to leave", however, I am very passionate about and dedicated to Chester -it is where I undertook my nurse training and the unit helped me to grow from a student to a newly qualified nurse and beyond. Although this has been very traumatic, my strong desire to remain in Chester and within CoCH remains, and I am hopeful that we can find a professional way forward to enable my return to where I feel I belong."
So forgive my oversimplified attempt at a summary here, but it seems she was under a veil of suspicion at some earlier point, which somehow eventually lifted to the point where they were apologizing to HER, and then there was a start at going back to a "normal" for a bit, which didn't last, because she was again somehow not only suspected, but officially, formally investigated, and she ended up in custody and then at trial and then convicted and imprisoned, which is where it is now (actually, on appeal, I guess, now).

Which is about the point that I personally started reading about this case (very late, i.e.), hence my oversimplification of events. But that leaves a gap in my understanding of it all, because how did she come to that point where they apologized to her, only to end up convicted in the end? Their suspicions were correct early on, but why were they dropped, only to return full force later? Or was that not a true apology, maybe they were just trying to make her drop her guard or make her think she was in the clear for some reason? Or was the investigation of her still going on, even while the staff were told something different? Maybe LE still suspected her and were continuing to investigate, even while her coworkers were told she was cleared and deserved an apology?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demee
Back