KS KS - A.C. Foss, 19, & Clarence Cartwright, 26, 1876

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In case you were wondering what a ‘fellow’ is (“…wagon considerably worn had two new fellows in left hind wheel rather badly put in.”), it’s the curved wooden segments which make up the round part of the wheel, the spokes are embedded in them. Correct spelling is ‘felloe’.

Weird that they seemed to have top of the guns and such a rickety old wagon!

Charles Siringo
Charley Siringo, cowboy and Pinkerton detective.

Clay Allison wrote:

This Newell Ranch had a very unsavory reputation given it by the man who established it and developed it as a buffalo hunting headquarters and who was a murderous outlaw and used buffalo hunting as a blind. His name was Newell. Charley Seringo has written me recently and gives me a very graphic account of one of this man's dastardly deeds.

He says: "In '77 I put up with Newell, who had just killed a young hunter by the name of Cartright, to get his money and ponies, so I was told. He later drove the horses to Colorado and sold them. Newell told me that he killed Cartright because he insulted his pretty little Spanish wife. I saw Cartright's fresh grave in a clump of hackberry trees between Newells and Cators." (We never saw this grave.)

Not until two years ago (1919) when Jim East wrote me the facts, did I know that Cartright's old mother lived for ten years in Tascosa and died of a broken heart, trying to find out where her son was buried. She had been told in Dodge City that he was killed in the Pan Handle. I could have told her all about the matter had I known of it." Unquote.

Two replica Pinkerton Badges of the era.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back