GUILTY KS - Alicia DeBolt, 14, Great Bend, 21 August 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the video of the judge reading the charges and they definitly only charged him with "criminal sodomy" and not "aggravated".

Thanks TexasLil, maybe I read the definition wrong. Hmmm:waitasec:

I just found this article...doesnt look like AD was the only only child this monster got ahold of...
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010...rged-with-slaying-girl-14/UPI-33751283885841/

The complaint alleges Adam Joseph Longoria, 36, of Great Bend, killed Alicia Debolt Aug. 21 or 22 during or subsequent to an act of criminal sodomy, and that Longoria engaged in sodomy with another child during the same time period, WIBW-TV in Topeka reported. Longoria faces the death penalty if convicted.

Here is another article but doesn't use the words "another child". I really think he's only charged with committing the crime against Alicia and the wording of the complaint was confusing to reporters. I could be wrong though.

The complaint alleges that on or about August 21st and/or August 22nd Longoria killed Alicia Debolt in the commission of or subsequent to the crime of criminal sodomy, and Longoria is being charged with capital murder. The complaint also alleges during that same time period Longoria engaged in sodomy with a child and Longoria is charged with criminal sodomy.

http://www.wibw.com/localnews/headlines/102341824.html

Here is another article but doesn't use the words "another child". I really think he's only charged with committing the crime against Alicia and the wording of the complaint was confusing to reporters. I could be wrong though.

The complaint alleges that on or about August 21st and/or August 22nd Longoria killed Alicia Debolt in the commission of or subsequent to the crime of criminal sodomy, and Longoria is being charged with capital murder. The complaint also alleges during that same time period Longoria engaged in sodomy with a child and Longoria is charged with criminal sodomy.

http://www.wibw.com/localnews/headlines/102341824.html

I so hope your right!!!!Enough people have been hurt by this guy. My first thought when I read the other article was the GFs daughter. Ive been in tears since I read the first article.this guy makes my skin crawl!!!

I think if I was the lawyer assigned to this case, I just may have to announce my retirement. I would have a hard time defending this creature. I know innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff, but just the thought that I would have to spent one second of my time preparing this case would make me ill.

I so hope your right!!!!Enough people have been hurt by this guy. My first thought when I read the other article was the GFs daughter. Ive been in tears since I read the first article.this guy makes my skin crawl!!!

I seriously doubt this is the first offense he's committed of this nature. I just think it's the first time he got caught. I hope and pray if he's done this to other young girls they have the courage to come forward now and report it.

IMO

I just found this article...doesnt look like AD was the only only child this monster got ahold of...
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010...rged-with-slaying-girl-14/UPI-33751283885841/

The complaint alleges Adam Joseph Longoria, 36, of Great Bend, killed Alicia Debolt Aug. 21 or 22 during or subsequent to an act of criminal sodomy, and that Longoria engaged in sodomy with another child during the same time period, WIBW-TV in Topeka reported. Longoria faces the death penalty if convicted.

I think UPI took liberty with WIPW's article with the use of the word "another."

From the original story:

"The complaint alleges that on or about August 21st and/or August 22nd Longoria killed Alicia Debolt in the commission of or subsequent to the crime of criminal sodomy, and Longoria is being charged with capital murder. The complaint also alleges during that same time period Longoria engaged in sodomy with a child and Longoria is charged with criminal sodomy."

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/102341824.html

Meaning the sodomy was concurrent with the murder. Could have been better written, but no mention of "another" child.

I think if I was the lawyer assigned to this case, I just may have to announce my retirement. I would have a hard time defending this creature. I know innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff, but just the thought that I would have to spent one second of my time preparing this case would make me ill.

Not me!! No lawyer, or one that showed malice toward him, would result in a mistrial. I would defend him to the best of my ability. Hes guilty (IMO) and his past and the evidence will do him in even with the best attorney!

I watched the court video and AL is a TRUE UGLY MONSTER.

Did you see him looking at her family?? OMG ..Scary Scary

This poor 14yo child what evil she saw before her :furious::furious:

Wow.The court video I see on the kake.com is garbled at the beginning. Is there a better version somewhere else?

Does anyone know off hand when the last conviction of the death penalty was in Kansas?

Also, when the last prisoner that KS executed was?

TIA!

Wow.The court video I see on the kake.com is garbled at the beginning. Is there a better version somewhere else?

I think they had an exclusive on that. They were the only media that I could find last night that even announced the AG would be speaking today after court.

Looks and sounds not much better than a cell phone video. Couldn't find anybody else with tape from the court. Surprised they allowed video to be shot, especially of the family. Wonder if will be also be allowed at the preliminary hearing and thereafter?

ETA: My bad. Didn't look hard enough.

better audio here.

http://www.kwch.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=4e050827-b8ae-4a15-8790-b9097bc493c7 &cat=empty&src=front

Does anyone know off hand when the last conviction of the death penalty was in Kansas?

Also, when the last prisoner that KS executed was?

TIA!

This is an AP article from Topeka Capital-Journal in 1999, and I don't think Kansas has executed anyone since then. 1965 looks like, when they still hung murderers.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4179/is_19990704/ai_n11731290/

supported by a much more current article from Topeka Capital-Journal.

http://cjonline.com/stories/021809/opi_392417609.shtml

I hate to even suggest this but what happens if AL says that it was consensual? (Of course followed up by she fell, hit her head on a rock and died. He got scared, etc. You know the drill.)

Can it be proved that it wasn't? I really, really, really don't want this guy to catch any breaks if he's guilty. No family should ever have to re-live those kinds of thoughts. I feel so bad for Alicia, all her family and friends. I hate it when life isn't fair.

I hate to even suggest this but what happens if AL says that it was consensual?

The age of consent is 16 in Kansas, so such claims would have no bearing on her rape, to say nothing about her subsequent murder.

The age of consent is 16 in Kansas, so such claims would have no bearing on her rape, to say nothing about her subsequent murder.

Amen! Thank you for knowing that. I forgot about the age limit. Today's information made this case even more horrific.

I read the definition of the statues and I think this case is more in the "aggravated criminal sodomy" category. Both are awful and I feel for this childs family and the things they are going to hear and see when this goes to trial.

Added: I hope AL's girlfriend has taken her daughter for a check-up, just in case.

It wouldn't be aggravated because for that one, AD had to be UNDER 14 years of age.
Criminal sodomy I guess covers 14-15 years old.

I watched the court video and AL is a TRUE UGLY MONSTER.

Did you see him looking at her family?? OMG ..Scary Scary

This poor 14yo child what evil she saw before her :furious::furious:

OMG YES!! The way he was looking over at the family? MONSTER! :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads