GUILTY KS - Alicia DeBolt, 14, Great Bend, 21 August 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know off hand when the last conviction of the death penalty was in Kansas?

Also, when the last prisoner that KS executed was?

TIA!

Justin Thurber was sentenced in March of 2009 for the January 2007 killing of 19-year-old college student Jodi Sanderholm. I believe he was the most current conviction in KS.

Thank you everyone for responding!

Just trying to wrap my head around how KS uses the DP. I appreciate it very much.

I'm not sure how up to date this is but the table shows Kansas has 10 on death row and a big fat ZERO executions since 1976. Not too encouraging that Longoria will ever be executed when convicted (notice I didn't say "if")!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_the_United_States

Actually, zero since 1965 in Kansas. Not overly encouraging at all if you want to see Alicia's killer pay with what is left of his miserable life for taking hers.

http://cjonline.com/stories/021809/opi_392417609.shtml

I guess we can only hope conditions on death row in Kansas are incredibly miserable and unbearable, knowing lethal injection may never come for him.

Sticking with my hope that somehow they allow him to "play" in the general prison population, and give them all matches for a day.

Might be a reason he chose Kansas over Texas once he got out of jail, and not just that his GF apparently was from Kansas.

The thing that struck me instantly yesterday when the charges were read, was "premeditation." Clearly they have the dots connected with cell records etc to show that he did this with planning and forethought.

Or are using that in case they choose to plea down and take the death penalty off the table? But they'd still have to be in possession of enough evidence to show some degree of premeditation to ever have him charged that way. I'm not sure trying to cover the crime by burning the body would be enough to qualify as indicating he planned this out; or that he intended to kill her when he picked her up (that PRESUMES he was the one driving the SUV, which we don't yet know for fact).

I was too angry to even post yesterday after seeing how this monster acted in court. How dare he even look at Alicia's family. I just felt such rage over what this sorry had done to Alicia. Raping her, then burning her, and finding out about the sodomy.

Why is it even a question as to whether or not Six will seek the death penalty? I saw Six's press conference and have read the transcription of it. If any case calls for the death penalty, this one does. I do know that AL was told in court that the offense was punishable by life in prison. I cannot remember - did the judge mention the death penalty could come into play?

I want to see this get the death penalty. That is exactly what this gave Alicia and traumatized her family and friends for life. If you want to see pure evil, look into AL's face and eyes. :furious:

JMO

I was too angry to even post yesterday after seeing how this monster acted in court. How dare he even look at Alicia's family. I just felt such rage over what this sorry had done to Alicia. Raping her, then burning her, and finding out about the sodomy.

Why is it even a question as to whether or not Six will seek the death penalty? I saw Six's press conference and have read the transcription of it. If any case calls for the death penalty, this one does. I do know that AL was told in court that the offense was punishable by life in prison. I cannot remember - did the judge mention the death penalty could come into play?

I want to see this get the death penalty. That is exactly what this gave Alicia and traumatized her family and friends for life. If you want to see pure evil, look into AL's face and eyes. :furious:

JMO

Yes the judge listed the maximum sentence for each crime he was charged with and noted the death penalty when she read the murder charge. None of the charges seem to phase him. The only real facial reaction I saw was when the SA referred to his past criminal history and he had a look of disbelief on his face. - REALLY?

Then when it's all over he looks at the ceiling and puffs his cheeks. It also bothered me the way he kept staring at Alicia's poor family. They were sitting there with tears streaming down their cheeks and he showed no emotion whatsoever for what he did to their Alicia.

Yes the judge listed the maximum sentence for each crime he was charged with and noted the death penalty when she read the murder charge. None of the charges seem to phase him. The only real facial reaction I saw was when the SA referred to his past criminal history and he had a look of disbelief on his face. - REALLY?

Then when it's all over he looks at the ceiling and puffs his cheeks. It also bothered me the way he kept staring at Alicia's poor family. They were sitting there with tears streaming down their cheeks and he showed no emotion whatsoever for what he did to their Alicia.

I know. He seemed to look at everyone with such a angry look. He kept looking at the prosecutor, just staring down at him. :eek:

I wonder what everyone is thinking who know him. Who drove around with him and hung out at the bar, I wonder what they think of him now??

He seems so EVIL

http://www.kslegislature.org/legsrv-statutes/getStatuteFile.do?number=/21-3505.html

21-3505. Criminal sodomy. (a) Criminal sodomy is:
(1) Sodomy between persons who are 16 or more years of age and members of the same sex or between a person and an animal;
(2) sodomy with a child who is 14 or more years of age but less than 16 years of age; or
(3) causing a child 14 or more years of age but less than 16 years of age to engage in sodomy with any person or animal.
(b) It shall be a defense to a prosecution of criminal sodomy as provided in subsection (a)(2) that the child was married to the accused at the time of the offense.
(c) Criminal sodomy as provided in subsection (a)(1) is a class B nonperson misdemeanor. Criminal sodomy as provided in subsections (a)(2) and (a)(3) is a severity level 3, person felony.

Criminal Sodomy is a F3..... It is a felony

I know. He seemed to look at everyone with such a angry look. He kept looking at the prosecutor, just staring down at him. :eek:

I wonder what everyone is thinking who know him. Who drove around with him and hung out at the bar, I wonder what they think of him now??

He seems so EVIL

I also have to wonder about those from his past relationships. Ex wife, ex girlfriends, and heaven forbid he has any biological children of his own (nothing definitive from media reports to clarify on children). How the heck do they deal with "AJL is a sick rapist and killer?"

Bad enough coping with him being a nearly lifelong felon and jailbird, but how do you wrap your head around this and deal with it?

If the person who posted a comment on an early news story was legitimately an ex of his and moved out of Texas to protect herself and her kids, she was both smart and lucky. His most recent GF -- I truly pray she takes a good LONG serious look at herself and thinks about this, and her children, before she goes shopping for another partner in jail or other place that most of us would consider unsafe.

Comment from the self-proclaimed "ex" here:
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/alicia-debolt-murder-case-adam-longoria-taken-custody-2655982.html

To me AL does not look strange and does not look evil.... Since we know what he allegedly did it makes him look evil and the looks he gives the family yes. But overall he appears to be a normal looking young man.... that is the scary part. I teach my son, that someone can look nuts, or appear "bad" looking and be a very nice person. But a person can appear normal, kind, charming and be lying and be a bad guy. This is the scary part in life, you cannot tell by a persons looks. Sadly I am an overprotective parent and I do teach my kids, regardless of looks or how nice, strangers are strangers and sadly no one can be trusted.... No one at all. When I am in a bath he is not to open the door for anyone, not his aunt, not his grandma, NO ONE.... he is to come and tell me immediately. I may sound over the top, but stories like this petrify me. I wish this man looked crazy and evil, maybe just maybe then AD would not have trusted him.... I despise him by the way so don't get me wrong. When I look at the court hearing, its not the puffy cheeks that get me, its not the sighs, its not even the way her stared at AG Six, Its the way he cocked his mouth when the judge was speaking with him, this was defiance and this was him not giving a poop....he is not thinking about what he did, he could care less about AD, her family, his GF, anyone. AL only cares about AL..... IMHO

Well, I think AL looks evil. If I were to see him in the street and he had done nothing, I would still think he looked mean/evil. Just take a look at the mugshot shown in the article linked in anyoldtime's post.

Just my opinion................

To me AL does not look strange and does not look evil.... Since we know what he allegedly did it makes him look evil and the looks he gives the family yes. But overall he appears to be a normal looking young man.... that is the scary part. I

Yes, that just goes to show you can't judge people by how they look. On the surface he looks like your average 30 something guy, not including his mugshot where he looks like he is drugs or something. Plenty of murderers lead normal lives. AL didn't lead a normal life by any stretch however. I am curious as to how he behaved and interacted with other adults. In other words, I wonder if you could tell he wasn't quite right from speaking with him.

OMG YES!! The way he was looking over at the family? MONSTER! :furious:

I doubt he feels guilty for a single thing he has done in his life. I couldn't imagine never feeling guilty for something. It is just too bad that somebody couldn't have spotted this coming from him, but I guess he can hide his true self well enough to blend in for awhile.

Going to move Alicia's threads over to the Awaiting Trial forum.

Going to move Alicia's threads over to the Awaiting Trial forum.

Well, I think AL looks evil. If I were to see him in the street and he had done nothing, I would still think he looked mean/evil. Just take a look at the mugshot shown in the article linked in anyoldtime's post.

Just my opinion................

Yeah, and I don't think that's even a mug shot. Believe that was a driver's license photo.

I doubt he feels guilty for a single thing he has done in his life. I couldn't imagine never feeling guilty for something. It is just too bad that somebody couldn't have spotted this coming from him, but I guess he can hide his true self well enough to blend in for awhile.

To me, he kind of looked annoyed and bored, and at some points pissed off to be in court.

JMO
I saw yesterday where ADs sister Dawn posted on NG. She and her GF were the family in the courtroom and they were also the ones that went to his house with TC. So I would assume that was the reason for the go to he!! looks

WICHITA, Kansas -- Prosecutors have subpoenaed the interview KSN did with Adam Longoria, the suspect in the Alicia DeBolt case.

Days before Longoria was named as a person of interest in the murder DeBolt he sat down with KSN's Kevin Wheeler.

For about 20 minutes Longoria laid out his version of the events on the night DeBolt was killed.

"Alicia's ex-boyfriend gave me her number, which I didn't know it was, and told me to text her and tell her we were having a party and to mention who all was going to be there," Longoria said during the interview.

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story...ed-in-DeBolt-case/4JndUFcUH0GBFgw5ijm0bw.cspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3