Found Deceased KS - Ashley Meiss, 30, Ogden, 17 May 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't quite get the timeline. She left her apt. for a jog and then later was seen at the post office and the place where she volunteered?

The article says she has suffered from PTSD for years. I wonder if she was involved in fighting in the middle east
early on in her career.

I'm trying to think of where she would have gone if she walked somewhere to hurt herself. Ogden is pretty small and bordered on one side by Ft. Riley, but I don't believe she could have made it on post due to the security at the gates. The rest of town is surrounded by the highway and farmland, the Kansas river and a little fishing lake is also within walking distance of Ogden.

Her brother started a seeking funds to offer as a reward and hire a PI. It can be found by searching "Finding Ashley" on . More pictures are available there. Her brother states that she has two young children. Very worried for this mother....can't find any current information on her marital status.
I'm Ashley's father Tom Lewis. Ashley is currently separated from her husband and going through a very difficult divorce.

Seems like a responsible person, ex-Army and all. Surprising there's not more media around this case.
This is Ashley's father Tom Lewis. The story is getting some traction and is being reported through the NY Post and local media. I was on WIBW for an interview the other day. We are trying to get as much media exposure as possible.

This is Ashley's father Tom Lewis. The story is getting some traction and is being reported through the NY Post and local media. I was on WIBW for an interview the other day. We are trying to get as much media exposure as possible.

We are keeping Ashley’s disappearance alive here. The more exposure the better.

I'm Ashley's father Tom Lewis. Ashley is currently separated from her husband and going through a very difficult divorce.

Thank you for joining Tom. I'm very sorry for the event that caused you to join. You can find resources on this site for family members at this link: Families of the Missing-Resources, helps, tips

Prayers that you find Ashley safe and sound very soon.

1 x victim, 1 x arrested at same address, different time.
The above article states she missed visitation with her children. This suggests she does not currently have custody. That strikes me as...odd.
This is Ashley's father. She is being treated for PTSD, depression and anxiety. We determined it's best for the kids to stay with their father as she receives treatment. The intent is to have shared custody defined by the divorce court. She loves her 2 children more than anything.

I wonder who had custody of the children at the time. AM's father said he was taking the 2 kids back with
him to keep them from all the drama.
This is Ashley's father. The article is incorrect. I just returned from KS this evening. We are picking up the children in 7 days and bringing them to NC for the summer. We had Ashley and the children stay with us last year also during her husbands deployment to Iraq.

This is Ashley's father. She is being treated for PTSD, depression and anxiety. We determined it's best for the kids to stay with their father as she receives treatment. The intent is to have shared custody defined by the divorce court. She loves her 2 children more than anything.

Thank you for clarifying the custody situation.

Brown eyes. Google "Ashley Meiss" and you will find a full description on her missing poster.
Kansas – Missing Persons and Unsolved Cold Cases
33678428_1413043078795885_7035629487135916032_o.jpg

I don't quite get the timeline. She left her apt. for a jog and then later was seen at the post office and the place where she volunteered?

The article says she has suffered from PTSD for years. I wonder if she was involved in fighting in the middle east
early on in her career.
This is Ashley's father. She was a MP in Romania, Germany and Iraq. She is a combat veteran. The timeline is somewhat confusing in one of the articles. Here are the facts: Last Thursday around 1830 she left her apartment for a 6 mile run. Did not take her dog (very unusual), phone, ID, etc. Never returned. On Friday around 0930 she is seen by a postal clerk checking her mail and again a few blocks away at the Community Center where she volunteered with the children. We do not know where she spent Thursday night. On Saturday an old military friend (former Army MP) receives a call from her. Ashley voices concern about her pending divorce and states she is thinking of giving up by taking her life. No one has heard from her since.

I'm trying to think of where she would have gone if she walked somewhere to hurt herself. Ogden is pretty small and bordered on one side by Ft. Riley, but I don't believe she could have made it on post due to the security at the gates. The rest of town is surrounded by the highway and farmland, the Kansas river and a little fishing lake is also within walking distance of Ogden.
This is Ashley's father. Ashley has an active military ID. Her husband is a MSgt on base. Myself and others have searched the Ogden area (including lake, river, fields, etc.). Drones have been flown also. You're correct, Ogden is very small with less than 2,000 residents.

I am so very sorry for what you are going through, Tom.

I just wanted to say I completely relate to what you just described. I live with all three of the conditions that Ashley does, and have been hospitalized quite a few times primarily due to depression.

I am also a single mother of two teenagers, and there have been plenty of occasions when I’ve had to have them stay with their father because I knew I was too sick to be the mom they deserved.

When I filed for divorce from their father two years ago, he tried to use my illnesses against me, but the judge was satisfied that I was taking treatment very seriously for my own and my children’s benefit.

I just want to commend Ashley for doing the right thing and putting her children first by focusing on her treatment. It is so hard because you miss your children so much, and it all seems so unfair.

I have no doubt in my mind that her children are her world. I hope she comes home to her babies very soon.

This is Ashley's father. Ashley has an active military ID. Her husband is a MSgt on base. Myself and others have searched the Ogden area (including lake, river, fields, etc.). Drones have been flown also. You're correct, Ogden is very small with less than 2,000 residents.

Thank you for joining and sharing what you know. It did not occur to me that she may still be able to get on post. I'm glad there have been searches for her done, I live in Manhattan and hadn't heard about any being done. I have shared her missing poster on Facebook but please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

Can you share what Ashley's living situation is? Does she live by herself and does her soon to be ex husband live in Ogden too? Also does she have a car and if so where is it?

Her eyes are brown but she used to wear colored contacts. She’s a great girl I was her roommate in Germany. Great sense of humor always had a pretty smile. Her story has been shared on Facebook with many of her friends from the military including me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mouthbreather09
Back