Found Deceased KS - Ashley Meiss, 30, Ogden, 17 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To her father and old room dog: Is it at all possible that she is hiding out with a friend on post? I wonder too, what are the gate security measures at Ft.Riley? Here at Ft.Leavenworth they are supposed to scan our ID’s every time we come on post. IF they do that at Riley they may have some kind of electronic log showing her coming on post. My concern is, if she made it on post and were suicidal, she could be in one of the training areas. If they aren’t searched soon she may never be found. As a veteran with PTSD who is also going through a divorce I can understand her distress. I have had several horrible episodes since the process started, but thankfully I’m back on track with my therapy and meds. Is she known to camp? Does she have a favorite spot to go to to clear her head? As a combat veteran she undoubtedly has survival skills and could possibly still be alive. Has her phone and computer been analyzed at all? Please keep us in the loop and please check into becoming a verified insider if you are a friend or family member.

Still missing: https://nypost.com/2018/05/27/family-pleads-for-missing-soldier-battling-ptsd-to-come-home/

missing-soldier.jpg

Not sure distance wise, but there is a beautiful area near the highway next to Ft Riley that has a hiking trail and when you get to the top you can see for miles. It has an old "cannon" on top called Atomic Annie (IIRC). This may be a place that she may have gone to seek some peace. MOO

https://nypost.com/2018/05/27/family-pleads-for-missing-soldier-battling-ptsd-to-come-home/
[...]
“On Sunday, she had visitation with her kids and she missed that,” Lewis said. “For her not to show up for the visitation, there’s something wrong. She would never miss that.”

Police could not trace the phone number she called from, but Chris said the family is holding out hope, because her Facebook account indicated someone had been using her account, and only the family and police have access to it, Chris said.
[...]

Thank you for joining and sharing what you know. It did not occur to me that she may still be able to get on post. I'm glad there have been searches for her done, I live in Manhattan and hadn't heard about any being done. I have shared her missing poster on Facebook but please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

Can you share what Ashley's living situation is? Does she live by herself and does her soon to be ex husband live in Ogden too? Also does she have a car and if so where is it?

Thank you for sharing. She lives by herself in an Ogden apartment approximately 6 blocks from her house where her husband resides. Yes, she has a car that remains in the apartment's parking lot. I found her keys in her apartment.

To her father and old room dog: Is it at all possible that she is hiding out with a friend on post? I wonder too, what are the gate security measures at Ft.Riley? Here at Ft.Leavenworth they are supposed to scan our ID’s every time we come on post. IF they do that at Riley they may have some kind of electronic log showing her coming on post. My concern is, if she made it on post and were suicidal, she could be in one of the training areas. If they aren’t searched soon she may never be found. As a veteran with PTSD who is also going through a divorce I can understand her distress. I have had several horrible episodes since the process started, but thankfully I’m back on track with my therapy and meds. Is she known to camp? Does she have a favorite spot to go to to clear her head? As a combat veteran she undoubtedly has survival skills and could possibly still be alive. Has her phone and computer been analyzed at all? Please keep us in the loop and please check into becoming a verified insider if you are a friend or family member.

The police have totally analyzed her phone including incoming/outgoing calls, texts, and GPS tracking. The police are still following up on some of that information. We don't think she's on base. They do scan your ID. I found her recent military ID in her personal items. Also found her driver's license, debit card, credit cards, etc. We searched a lake camping area she liked.

Not sure. Could of had something to do with her divorce.
Are there attorneys involved with her divorce? If so, have you reached out to her attorney and/or her husband's attorney to see if either had sent any correspondence or if a letter from a state or county agency or guardian ad litem (if there is one appointed) was sent?

Yes, Ashley's attorney notified me that her husband received a temporary special custody court decision allowing him to take the kids out of state to visit his parents for a short period of time.

Yes, Ashley's attorney notified me that her husband received a temporary special custody court decision allowing him to take the kids out of state to visit his parents for a short period of time.
Was Ashley's apartment locked or unlocked when it was checked? If it was locked were her keys to the apartment found inside?

Hi everyone, I wish I would have had time to post this earlier, but we went ahead and did a quick episode for our listeners to get the word out about Ashley.

After the episode posted, we added an update on her eye color, so hopefully that will help. I was able to slip this quick, very short episode in, and the entire team was okay with it because it is extremely urgent.

Episode 25 MISSING Ashley Meiss

As you know, we do not monetize our program, so if you are in contact with folks who are podcast consumers, please send them a link to this episode on whatever platform you see fit.

It has been posted to ALL MAJOR PLATFORMS including youtube, so that listener base is covered for the time being if shared, until there is an update or a major media outlet picks up her story. Prayers for her safe recovery.

Is Ashley's height correct/certain on her missing poster? Was she definitely only 5'4"?
An unidentified female body has been found in Junction City, which is only 12 miles from Ogden. However, the woman they found was measured to be 5'8" to 5'9". They have posted a photo of her flip flops to see if anyone recognizes them. Even though heights are different, I thought I would post here just in case. Here is a thread for the UID: KS - Ks - Junction City, Whtfem, 5'8"-5'9" Tall, "pali Hawaii" Flip Flops & Dark Shorts, 28 May 2018

http://www.ksnt.com/news/local-news...lops-will-help-identify-body-found/1206787949

Pic of the flip flops:
Sandals_1527632063537_43869282_ver1.0_640_360.png

I hope Ashley will be found soon.

It’s been reported Ashley was seen on May 18th (day before she was last heard from) at a bar called Rock House with 2 males. Wondering if these 2 males were identified and questioned. Maybe they could provide some insight into Ashley’s state of mind at that time.

Wondering if one of these males could have provided Ashley the phone (blocked number) that made the last call to her friend on the 19th.

Also, who reported Ashley was going for a jog on the 17th?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User1652735
Back