Found Deceased KS - Ashley Meiss, 30, Ogden, 17 May 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry. Not sure how to delete a reply .

Anyway, here is a map of the Ft Riley, Junction City, Ogden KS area. Also note that K-State is up the road from Ogden.

Shared route
From Ogden to Junction City via Trooper Dr.

45 min (25 mi)
44 min in

For the best route in current traffic visit Google Maps

This route goes through Fort Riley. Hueber Dr out Grant gate if open, McCormick to Trooper out Trooper gate. ID card or pass is required to get in the Ogden Gate. If you know the area, we take K18 to I-70 to get to JC, quicker and easier.
Razz, you have not or are not been to Ogden, Kansas.
Kspriness is from 15 miles away, Manhattan, Junction City, Milford...??

This route goes through Fort Riley. Hueber Dr out Grant gate if open, McCormick to Trooper out Trooper gate. ID card or pass is required to get in the Ogden Gate. If you know the area, we take K18 to I-70 to get to JC, quicker and easier.
Razz, you have not or are not been to Ogden, Kansas.
Kspriness is from 15 miles away, Manhattan, Junction City, Milford...??
Sorry. I did Google maps. It was only meant to give a general idea of the area. I've never been to Ogden that I can recall but was very surprised to see where it was located. I used to travel to K-state on many separate occasions. But that was 35 years ago.

I'm sorry, but it's best if I no longer attempt to answer any further questions. Thank you for everyone's support and well wishes. Please continue to get Ashley's information out to as many people as possible. May God bless you all.

Totally understandable T Lewis! Will continue to share Ashley's poster on social media and think of your family!

I'm sorry, but it's best if I no longer attempt to answer any further questions. Thank you for everyone's support and well wishes. Please continue to get Ashley's information out to as many people as possible. May God bless you all.
Sir, you are a Class Act and Ashley is blessed to have you. Our continued prayers for her safe return!

ADMIN NOTE:

Numerous posts have been removed due to information stated as fact that can't be backed up with links to either MSM or LE. Unfortunately responses have also been removed. If VI status is applied for and approved, it will not be necessary to have the information linked up to a source.

I should also add that with the abrupt stopping of answering questions or offering information by Ashley's father and law enforcement not saying much at all - the last thing they did media-wise was a tweet - there isn't much insight into where this is going.

Okay. Not sure what to make of what RCPD says in this media story from today.
The search for Ashley Meiss continues

RCPD Lieutenant Erin Freidline with the Investigations Division, has been working on a timeline to narrow down where she might be.

The last known contact with her was around the 17th, so we’re trying to focus on that time frame and go backwards from there and see who she was in contact with the week prior and then trying to move forward and keep continuing to check any leads,” Freidline said.

RCPD has received several tips that people last saw her at the Ogden Community Center and Post Office on Friday May 18th but no other sightings.

If Ashley had been elsewhere after the 17th I would think the last known contact would be at least one of the encounters such as the Post Office which I understood to be from surveillance video. Perhaps, RCPD misspoke or really meant the last time Ashley talked to someone by phone or a family member as to the 17th. There should be a roommate in all of this who would have been in contact with Ashley on the 17th. So, as I say, not sure what to make of RCPD winding the time-clock back.

Okay. Not sure what to make of what RCPD says in this media story from today.
The search for Ashley Meiss continues

If Ashley had been elsewhere after the 17th I would think the last known contact would be at least one of the encounters such as the Post Office which I understood to be from surveillance video. Perhaps, RCPD misspoke or really meant the last time Ashley talked to someone by phone or a family member as to the 17th. There should be a roommate in all of this who would have been in contact with Ashley on the 17th. So, as I say, not sure what to make of RCPD winding the time-clock back.

So does this mean she was at the bar on Thursday evening? Does she not believe that the witnesses actually saw Ashley after that? Or maybe they're more concerned about who she was spending time with those last few days leading up to the sighting at the post office.

Last edited:
I'm Ashley's father Tom Lewis. Ashley is currently separated from her husband and going through a very difficult divorce.
I'm wondering if this is difficult for Mr Lewis being on 2 sides of the fence. One side, his daughter who is going through a difficult divorce with Mr. Lewis's son-in-law and the other side staying friendly with his son-in-law who will allow him to have the kids for the summer. Would it be difficult not to have hard feelings for his son-in-law who is part of an ugly custodial battle with his daughter? That must be quite a balancing act for Mr. Lewis. Not sure how I would handle it.

Do we know if Ashley's ex is remarried?

Riley County Arrests September 18

I had asked Mr. Lewis if he had seen the Riley County report dated September 18, 2017 where it stated that Ashley Meiss had been battered by someone known to her.

Mr. Lewis did not know about the report and said the detective had not mentioned it to him.

I'm wondering if he was able to find out who it was. Heck, I'd like to know who it was and the relationship this person had with AM.

I'm wondering if this is difficult for Mr Lewis being on 2 sides of the fence. One side, his daughter who is going through a difficult divorce with Mr. Lewis's son-in-law and the other side staying friendly with his son-in-law who will allow him to have the kids for the summer. Would it be difficult not to have hard feelings for his son-in-law who is part of an ugly custodial battle with his daughter? That must be quite a balancing act for Mr. Lewis. Not sure how I would handle it.

Do we know if Ashley's ex is remarried?
Ashley's separation only started in February per her father. The divorce is almost certainly still in progress.

Riley County Arrests September 18

I had asked Mr. Lewis if he had seen the Riley County report dated September 18, 2017 where it stated that Ashley Meiss had been battered by someone known to her.

Mr. Lewis did not know about the report and said the detective had not mentioned it to him.

I'm wondering if he was able to find out who it was. Heck, I'd like to know who it was and the relationship this person had with AM.

To add to your post, I'd like to know if Ashley and her EX have the same circle of friends, or if since their recent divorce, their friends have changed? Did their mutual friends end up picking sides?

Last edited:
Ashley's separation only started in February per her father. The divorce is almost certainly still in progress.

Army veteran disappears from Kansas; family worried for her safety
Tom says his daughter and the children stayed in North Carolina until July 2017, when they returned to Ogden to be reunited with Ashley’s husband Chris. Chris, a recently retired Master Sergeant in the Army, was returning from his own deployment in Iraq.

“But in February of 2018, Chris and Ashley had a bit of a falling out,” Tom told Dateline. “Ashley pushed Chris, and he called the police and he put a protection order in place and filed for divorce. She didn’t fight it, and she allowed Chris to have full custody of the two kids.”

Tom told Dateline that Ashley was admitted to the hospital once again for observation, but was released on February 24 to stay with friends. The following day, the family later learned, Ashley believed she heard gun shots and sirens coming from her former home, and she went over and went into the house to make sure her children were OK.

“Chris, who had an order of protection against her, called the police and Ashley was arrested for violating the protection order,” Tom told Dateline, adding that he drove to Ogden to get her out of jail.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back