Found Deceased KS - Ashley Meiss, 30, Ogden, 17 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Possibly no one. One would think that instead of naming the person that reported it the person named would be the one who had done it and had been arrested or they were looking for.
I'm not sure I understand.

I'm not sure I understand.
Well, you have the event described in the one article where Ashley got out of her car near Topeka believing there was a bomb in the other car and whatever else and ended up in the hospital for a week - which seems to be attributed to her PTSD or other issues. So, just because they took a complaint doesn't mean it was founded.

I would think that instead of naming the victim of battery in their home and saying the person was known to the victim they would instead not name the victim at all but name the person police are wanting to talk to/arrest in regard to the battery. I don't know that I have seen a report that otherwise reads as domestic violence and they name the victim instead of the perpetrator nor mention they had arrested or are looking for them.

I don't know what to make of that police blotter entry simply because of its structure and in the context of episodes that Ashley has had.

Well, you have the event described in the one article where Ashley got out of her car near Topeka believing there was a bomb in the other car and whatever else and ended up in the hospital for a week - which seems to be attributed to her PTSD or other issues. So, just because they took a complaint doesn't mean it was founded.

I would think that instead of naming the victim of battery in their home and saying the person was known to the victim they would instead not name the victim at all but name the person police are wanting to talk to/arrest in regard to the battery. I don't know that I have seen a report that otherwise reads as domestic violence and they name the victim instead of the perpetrator nor mention they had arrested or are looking for them.

I don't know what to make of that police blotter entry simply because of its structure and in the context of episodes that Ashley has had.

The littleapplepost.com post is basically a MSM website. rileycountypolice.org website post is were littleapplepost.com reposts police activity. The RCPD site lists three areas of police activity; (1) police activity which is basically 911 calls, (2) citations report which is basically traffic stops, (3) arrest report which is self-explanatory. The littleapplepost.com is a "Reader's Digest" version of the RCPD reports.
So, was there an arrest that the MSM didn't report?
Seeseas is on the right track. Follow the time line. Who lives/lived in the 500 block of Bronco Way? Did AM move into an apartment blocks away from Bronco Way? You websleuths are smart.
Aggressive battery or domestic? Wrong charge?

So does this mean she was at the bar on Thursday evening? Does she not believe that the witnesses actually saw Ashley after that? Or maybe they're more concerned about who she was spending time with those last few days leading up to the sighting at the post office.
I guess what strikes me more is that it has been said and reported that Ashley called a friend on Saturday May 19th. Even if the call were untraceable the friend should know if it were Ashley or not. So I am perplexed by RCPD saying the last known contact was May 17th. I wish they stated a reason for that. Otherwise it seems that either they don't believe the call to the friend happened or if they know it did happen that it took place on the 17th or the days/dates reported so far are all off.

It all just muddies the water so I hope RCPD has good reason for doing so or if they misspoke or were misquoted it gets corrected.

I guess what strikes me more is that it has been said and reported that Ashley called a friend on Saturday May 19th. Even if the call were untraceable the friend should know if it were Ashley or not. So I am perplexed by RCPD saying the last known contact was May 17th. I wish they stated a reason for that. Otherwise it seems that either they don't believe the call to the friend happened or if they know it did happen that it took place on the 17th or the days/dates reported so far are all off.

It all just muddies the water so I hope RCPD has good reason for doing so or if they misspoke or were misquoted it gets corrected.

I’m wondering if they can’t take some of the witnesses statements as fact because there’s a conflict of mutual friendship/relationships between Ashley and the Ex.

The littleapplepost.com post is basically a MSM website. rileycountypolice.org website post is were littleapplepost.com reposts police activity. The RCPD site lists three areas of police activity; (1) police activity which is basically 911 calls, (2) citations report which is basically traffic stops, (3) arrest report which is self-explanatory. The littleapplepost.com is a "Reader's Digest" version of the RCPD reports.
So, was there an arrest that the MSM didn't report?
Seeseas is on the right track. Follow the time line. Who lives/lived in the 500 block of Bronco Way? Did AM move into an apartment blocks away from Bronco Way? You websleuths are smart.
Aggressive battery or domestic? Wrong charge?
Are you referring to this report from September of 2017 as that is the topic I am talking about.
Riley County Arrests September 18

In that report Ashley is listed as the victim and that the perpetrator is known to her.

Address history coughs up an address for Ashley's husband in the 500 block of Bronco Way. So it is known who lives/lived where this took place.

Seeseas's post had to do with the incident in February of 2018 which was also linked to earlier in the thread. Same address range. Only in that report Ashley was reported as the one arrested but no victim named. That is the difference between the two reports.

This thread has been quiet lately. I'm still praying for Ashley's safe return. I'm wondering if after Ashley went missing, did LE question the EX and confirm his alibi? Would they or can they do that, if this is not considered a criminal investigation for lack of evidence?

This thread has been quiet lately. I'm still praying for Ashley's safe return. I'm wondering if after Ashley went missing, did LE question the EX and confirm his alibi? Would they or can they do that, if this is not considered a criminal investigation for lack of evidence?

Oh I'm sure RCPD has questioned her soon to be ex.

In any other case I am always immediately suspicious of an ex especially in a contentious divorce but I actually don't think Ashley's ex husband has anything to do with her being missing.

Oh I'm sure RCPD has questioned her soon to be ex.

In any other case I am always immediately suspicious of an ex especially in a contentious divorce but I actually don't think Ashley's ex husband has anything to do with her being missing.

At first I didn't think so either, but considering statistics, the circumstances, the timing, and their past tumultuous relationship I can't rule it out. Unless LE says he's cleared of course.

I have seen Ashley's ex husband's family members share her missing persons poster and express concern for her on social media. Not that this means much but I just thought it was nice that even with the situation between she and her ex his family still appears to care about Ashley just like Ashley's Dad has said he is on good terms with her ex. If she is voluntarily missing somewhere I hope she knows how much people care about her and that she can come home and things can be ok.

Just thinking out loud here:

I'm wondering if there is a wide age gap between Ashley and her almost ex husband?

So, going back to that dang report on Sept. 18, 2017. Was her soon to be ex in Iraq at the time?

Are people thinking this was a made up complaint made by AM? If so, why?

Were things between AM and her soon to be ex good before the shove in February 2018 or had things been bad before that time.

When did her PSTD present itself?

If you had to believe one spouse over the other, who would you choose? A retired master sergeant or a young woman suffering from PSTD?

Not sure what I'm getting at here. Probably nothing but as I was working today in the yard, a few things popped into my head. Totally uninvited and I'm wrestling with it. Whatever "it" is.

You can retire after 20 years of service. If her ex-husband went in at 18, he could retire 38. I have no idea how old he is or when he enlisted but I'm just saying that just because you are retired from the military, you're not necessarily "old" or that much older than your wife/friends/ etc....

I'm wondering if there is a wide age gap between Ashley and her almost ex husband?

So, going back to that dang report on Sept. 18, 2017. Was her soon to be ex in Iraq at the time?

Were things between AM and her soon to be ex good before the shove in February 2018 or had things been bad before that time.

If you had to believe one spouse over the other, who would you choose? A retired master sergeant or a young woman suffering from PSTD?

Not sure what I'm getting at here. Probably nothing but as I was working today in the yard, a few things popped into my head. Totally uninvited and I'm wrestling with it. Whatever "it" is.
Unless my math is in error Ashley's husband is 13 years older than her. It is not known when her husband returned from his last deployment. I was under the impression that in the Dateline story it was said that in July of 2017 Ashley returned to Kansas to re-unite with her husband so it seems likely he was already back - but we don't know this with absolute certainty.

I don't know whether the Sept 2017 police blotter incident is made up or not. I will say the incidents that Ashley's father spoke about Ashley having - thinking there was a bomb in the car in Topeka and the incident in February where she thought she heard sirens and gunshots - could lend itself to explaining the Sept 2017 call. We don't know. As I opined I found it odd that the incident described what would otherwise be domestic violence and in the blotter they named the victim rather than the perpetrator (saying only that the perpetrator is known to the victim). When you compare it to the February 2018 incident the blotter names the perpetrator but not the victim which is how I ever see such things written. It is also not rare that false claims of domestic violence are made in contentious relationships. So for me I don't know what to make of the Sept 2017 incident.

I didn't realize her visitation was supposed to be on Sunday!

If she did go to the post office on Friday and read a letter that totally changed her demeanor, could it have been that visitation rights were being halted all together? What was she hoping for?! Someone must know this even though Mr. Lewis did not.

On Saturday she called an army buddy from a blocked phone (or that's what we've been led to believe) and was sad during the call. It is hard to think she would disappear voluntarily knowing she'd be seeing her kids the next day.

She strikes me as a renegade with the drastic haircut and the way she performed those deep squats with heavy weights on a bar on her shoulders. I don't know her nor can I even imagine what she had/was/is going through but she appeared to be one very tough cookie. And I hope somewhere, she still is.

I didn't realize her visitation was supposed to be on Sunday!

If she did go to the post office on Friday and read a letter that totally changed her demeanor, could it have been that visitation rights were being halted all together? What was she hoping for?! Someone must know this even though Mr. Lewis did not.

On Saturday she called an army buddy from a blocked phone (or that's what we've been led to believe) and was sad during the call. It is hard to think she would disappear voluntarily knowing she'd be seeing her kids the next day.

She strikes me as a renegade with the drastic haircut and the way she performed those deep squats with heavy weights on a bar on her shoulders. I don't know her nor can I even imagine what she had/was/is going through but she appeared to be one very tough cookie. And I hope somewhere, she still is.
Ashley's father had said on this thread that he had spoken with the divorce attorney and that a decision to allow her husband to take the kids out of state to visit his relatives was made by the court just before Ashley went missing. That could have been the contents of the letter. Though it obviously is not known for certain.

We have not seen one quote in the media from her husband so we don't have much insight into him with respect to what is going on.

And I didn't mention this in my previous reply to this post but if you go back through Ashley's older FB (last post March 22nd of this year) you can see the posts from last September about a future visit to her family (I assume in Fort Wayne) for Christmas time. The photos with her kids and her husband fishing/at a lake last October and generally no hint that something is going on or where everything was headed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back