GUILTY KS - Jodi Sanderholm, 19, Arkansas City, 5 Jan 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
misterallgood said:
less-populated areas, the ambulance will often double as a hearse to transport remains to the coroner's.

A poster at my weblog left a comment indicating Jodi has been found, not alive, but I just can't confirm that now, and hope for her and her familys' sake that it isn't true.

Steve
Steve, I saw the comment on your blog.. but felt as you did until its confirmed that its not appropriate to propogate that info elsewhere. I do sincererly hope that is just a rumor and not based in fact.. I cant imagine the unspeakable agony her family is currently experiencing- waiting, worrying, hoping beyond all hope that she is bought home safely. I am praying for both Jodi and her family that is has a good outcome.

scandi said:
This news is only 15 min old, so it really is breaking news.

I would say if they called a tow truck to the lake it might mean they have located the car in the lake and need the tow truck to pull it out. An ambulance would be the means to transport any body I would think, living or dead. But if they found her body, I do not think they would move it until the coroner had seen her and the basic work up of the crime scene had been done.

I think they have found something and want to be prepared. If she has died, I do hope she was not abducted or hijacked in her car by anyone, but simply drove into the lake by accident. I've looked for photos of where they are searching but can't find any. If the lake has crappie and catfish I don't think it is a really deep lake.

Undoubtedly we will learn more during the afternoon hours.
I'm pretty sure that the news articles from yesterday said that they had an ambulance out there. I was thinking that the ambulance might serve double-duty.

If it's true they have found her clothes, it doesn't bode well for the she accidently drove into the lake theory. Shoot.

1-9-06 - An ambulance and tow trucks were called to the Cowley County State Park around noon on Tuesday in the search for Jodi Sanderholm. KAKE News reporters on the scene say the ambulance left the search area 3.5 hours later. It's unclear what the purpose of the ambulance was, but authorities say they could release a statement later today.

Team Coverage - Inside Look at Man Questioned

1-9-07 - KAKE News aired exclusive interviews Tuesday night with the landlord of the man who has been questioned in the disappearance of 19-year-old Jodi Sanderholm.

The teenager hasn't been seen since Friday, and authorities have focused their search in the two-state area around Cowley County State Park.

Police arrested a man over the weekend, on charges in a separate incident. They have questioned him in the missing teen case, although he has not been named as a suspect in the case, nor charged with a related crime.

KAKE News spoke with the man's former landlord, Kevin Swick, who said the man, in his 20's, was evicted not long before his arrest. The landlord said police were searching the home early Saturday morning, around 3:30am. He told KAKE that officers found shell casings – the landlord believes the man would occasionally fire random shots from his back door.

The man was also an employee at a Subway restaurant. It’s also the last place that Sanderholm was seen on Friday.

The man’s parents have also been questioned, and may have helped the man move out recently.

Cowley County Crimestoppers have named the Sanderholm case the crime of the month.

The group said an award will be paid for information that helps find Jodi. The award amount has not been determined.

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/5136156.html

Kim777 said:
Missing Woman's Car Found
Authorities in Arkansas City have just pulled the car belonging to a missing 19-year-old woman, out of a nearby lake. The car was taken past our crews covering the story, on a flatbed truck.

more at link
http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=5915586&nav=menu486_1

Oh, no. :( That's not good at ALL. At the very least, someone was trying to destroy evidence. I pray she's not inside it but it's not looking good for her, no matter what.

I am going down to watch channel 12 abc to see if anything new is broadcast at six. I'll get back to Steve, and here if so.

Missing woman's body and car found

KSN has confirmed that the body of 19-year-old Jodi Sanderholm's body was discovered Tuesday afternoon in a wooded field near the Kansas/Oklahoma border....

gliving said:

KSN has confirmed that the body of 19-year-old Jodi Sanderholm's body was discovered Tuesday afternoon in a wooded field near the Kansas/Oklahoma border....
Oh how sad.

gliving said:

Thoughts and prayers to Jodi's family and friends. How very sad.

gliving said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :(

englishleigh said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :(

It just rips you apart to hear this. Prayers for her family and for all of us here who try to bring them home with spirit and hope.The monsters seem to be multiplying.

i wish i could get my hands on the scum that did this...

what a gorgeous sweet girl with her whole life ahead of her!

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/10708231/detail.html

Cowley County Sheriff Bob Odell said Monday that authorities were investigating a tip that a letter with Sanderholm's name on it was found in a restroom at the lake, but "I haven't gotten any confirmation on that."

What do you think this is all about?

Perhaps the "groupie" wrote a sappy letter pouring out his heart to her, and she totally shot him down and/or started laughing, and he gets so angry...one thing leads to another...:(

this is the saddest news of the day :(
What a terrible waste of a beautiful young woman with a bright future ahead for her.

:(

Sounds like a certain groupie is toast. I think the theory about the letter that Jodierenee posted is probably right on. I still wonder about that "impersonating a police officer" charge that Steve posted about and wonder if that is how he got her to pull over in her car to begin with. :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

englishleigh said:
<snip>I still wonder about that "impersonating a police officer" charge that Steve posted about and wonder if that is how he got her to pull over in her car to begin with.<snip>
Nah uh. In a town that size you know the faces of all the police officers, if not their first names. (In the video news clip I linked to at Steve's blog earlier today, the Sheriff admitted he knew Jodi in person, and that "this is personal".) There is no way he tricked her into pulling over, she'd know his car. (He was well known as a creepy "groupie" of her dance team, remember?) He blitzed her more likely, possibly in a semi-planned attack of opportunity. :furious:

ETA: new link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back