GUILTY KS - Jodi Sanderholm, 19, Arkansas City, 5 Jan 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
englishleigh said:
Sounds like a certain groupie is toast. I think the theory about the letter that Jodierenee posted is probably right on. I still wonder about that "impersonating a police officer" charge that Steve posted about and wonder if that is how he got her to pull over in her car to begin with. :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar
He worked at the subway she was at, and I believe he was working that day she was there... :(

This is just so sad. I am glad that she will not be missing; but, this is so sad that it sickens me. I have a lovely daughter who just turned 19. I could not bear to lose my precious daughter. God bless her family, and hold them close in his arms. And may the murderer never be free to walk this Earth again, for the families' sake and for the good of all of society.

LionRun

It is always so sad when anyone is taken and abused, then killed and left like so much trash in a shallow grave, and the monster feels nothing, except that was wild! Dirty and wet, his father picked him up from the site after he was done with her and had sunk her car in the lake. Amazing he didn't sense something awful had happened.

It will never stop. There are too many people in this world that are not right in their head, and until they commit a crime like this, how are the victims to know they are potentially dangerous.

It is amazing when you think about it. The townfolk whose posts I read off and on all day knew he was 'weird' and that he lived with one of Jodi's friends but had been stalking Jodi. That alone is bizarre. But for Subway to hire a guy who had a persona of being weird is just a bit much for me. I'm glad I never ate there, as he could have done anything to that food before it was passed over the counter!

The #1 lesson we seem to not be getting across to our youth is 'Be Aware'. If there is anything that our youth can always take with them that might save their lives, that is the answer I think.

I do feel terrible this story ended the way it did. They had found her this morning, and along with many I felt that was the case from what I read.

Katk, I have enjoyed your posts and those of your friends today, and never closed out Steve's site through the day, until I learned what was confirmed. Thank you, and I really enjoy your writing.

And Steve, the reason you had 1200 hits this afternoon is that your site is beautifully put together, easy to read and understand, poignant and attracts so many posters that are genuine. Scandi

I believe this is Colby (her boyfriend) and Jodi:

Such a cute couple. :(

Prayers for Colby and for Jodi's family

Oh Scandi, my sentiments exactly.

LionRun

What a total nightmare. I don't even want to know what this s*um bag did to her. How dare him. This right here is the very reason I am so paranoid when it comes to my teenage daughter. Life shouldnt be like this and I guess I will never understand it. How terrible and sad for her family. I just don't even know what else to say.

Mygirlsadie said:
What a total nightmare. I don't even want to know what this s*um bag did to her. How dare him. This right here is the very reason I am so paranoid when it comes to my teenage daughter. Life shouldnt be like this and I guess I will never understand it. How terrible and sad for her family. I just don't even know what else to say.
I agree with everything you said, Sadie. Cases like this make no sense at all. This was a beautiful young girl that should have had many years of living ahead of her. Why do these monsters think they have the right to take someone else's life? I just can't get my mind around it.

I too am paranoid about my daughter. I am afraid for her to leave my sight. :(

This is a nice article about Jodi. My apologies if this has been posted already:

http://www.arkcity.net/stories/010907/com_0002.shtml

snip

Smart. Caring. Responsible.

That's how friends and family describe Jodi Sanderholm, the 19-year-old Cowley student who has been missing since Friday.

Ark City High School instructor Steve O'Hair said when Sanderholm was in high school she was a very smart and dedicated student. She graduated last year as a valedictorian.

"A lot of students admire her," O'Hair said. "She has all of those endearing qualities that we as parents want our children to have."

...more

Cochran said that for the past nine months Sanderholm has talked about the birth of her niece.

"She was so excited," Cochran said.

Sanderholm's older sister had a baby girl on Saturday.

KatK said:
Nah uh. In a town that size you know the faces of all the police officers, if not their first names.
I am not sure about that. I grew up in a town of 7K which is smaller than Ark City, and I sure didn't know all the police. Maybe a couple but that's it. I think those who didn't grow up in small towns tend to stereotyple them like a Mayberry. Its definitely not.

Its sad and I pray for the family and friends.

Curious J said:
I am not sure about that. I grew up in a town of 7K which is smaller than Ark City, and I sure didn't know all the police. Maybe a couple but that's it. I think those who didn't grow up in small towns tend to stereotyple them like a Mayberry. Its definitely not.

Yeah -- I lived in Perry, GA for more than a year -- town of 9,000 -- and you can live in a town that size and be unknown and anonymous. Ark City is only slightly larger than Perry.

Steve

PrayersForMaura said:
He worked at the subway she was at, and I believe he was working that day she was there... :(

KAKE News spoke with the man's former landlord, Kevin Swick, who said the man, in his 20's, was evicted not long before his arrest. The landlord said police were searching the home early Saturday morning, around 3:30am. He told KAKE that officers found shell casings – the landlord believes the man would occasionally fire random shots from his back door.

The man was also an employee at a Subway restaurant. It’s also the last place that Sanderholm was seen on Friday.

The man’s parents have also been questioned, and may have helped the man move out recently.

http://www.kake.com/news/headlines/5136156.html

There is a video linked from this article.

misterallgood said:
Yeah -- I lived in Perry, GA for more than a year -- town of 9,000 -- and you can live in a town that size and be unknown and anonymous. Ark City is only slightly larger than Perry.

Steve

So true.

My driving teenage daughter wouldn't know the names or faces of the officers in this town and our population is only 2,400. We have approximately 13 officers. She wouldn't know all of them or their faces.

Here is what I am thinking may have happened. He worked at the Subway where Jodi was last seen. Jodi sort of knew him from following the dance team around. What if they struck up a conversation, he was getting off work, and he asked her for a ride home? By all account she was a kind person and may not have had a known reason to be afraid of him, perhaps he'd never behaved in a weird, threatening way, just hung around...she thought he was a safe person to give a ride since in her mind, she knew him and may have thought he was ok, but once in the car, he overpowered her or pulled out a weapon of some sort.

Good thinking englishleigh.

Me theory is, he either asked her for a ride and jumped her with a weapon and made her drive him. If his father had to come pick him up at the lake, then he didn't have a car with him.

How did he call his father? Did he use Jodi's cell phone or have his own?
And at what time did he call his dad?

Curious J said:

I've lived most of my life in towns that size though. Also, remember she knew the police cheif personally, *and* this fellow was stalking her best friend. She'd know his car, for sure! I don't know all the police officers in this town by name, but I know their faces. I am not saying every person who lives in a small town knows everyone else, but it certainly is easier to be able to identify a person by the car they drive etc. The chances are he couldn't do as the person had suggested and pretend to be a cop. (Becuase it was broad daylight when she went missing, not a dark rainy highway.) I don't know how he'd trick her, but I suppose it's possible along these lines. "Hey, could you give me a ride to the gas station so I can buy some cigarettes on my break?" Maybe that is how he did it? That is more likely than pretending to be a cop, for sure. Once he got into the car with her, it was a "done deal". I think he'd been waiting for a chance for some time to get a Tigerette alone. :furious:

PrayersForMaura said:
How did he call his father? Did he use Jodi's cell phone or have his own?
And at what time did he call his dad?
I don't know for sure, but it's possible there is a pay phone out at the lake? Maybe that is how he called his father? (*IF* that is what happened, remember that doesn't come from an "official" source, it could be rumor that it was his father who picked him up, but I find it likely that he did myself.) Maybe he did use her cell phone, and the police just didn't mention the unusual call? I somehow think the phone ended up in the water with her though. :(

ETA: Of course, he could have his own cell phone or texter too....

I wonder why she would go to this specific Subway where the stalker worked? How ironic.

Hi Katk,

I thought I read yesterday the unconfirmed finding of her in a shallow grave by the border.

If the letter was left by Jodi in the bathroom, that most likely means she left it there, right. But if she was found many miles away, I think she was killed in that bathroom, when like a poster said yesterday, there was a rumor something went wrong and he felt he had to kill her.

Then maybe he drove down to find a spot to bury her and then drove back to the lake to run the car into the water. The last thing he could have done is use her cellie to call his dad to meet him at the park, and then threw her cellie in the water.

I don't know about a shallow grave, as where would he get a shovel. I don't think it sounds like a premeditated act.

Well, if her cell phone was in her purse, which was in the car, which went into the water.... I guess I should have said "I think the cell phone went into the water with her car"? I don't know if she was found in a shallow grave or not. She was not in the lake, I am thinking she was found over the state border, in Oklahoma, but I am not certain?

ETA: There is another Subway it looks like in Ark City, it's part of the Wal-Mart I noticed it while we were in town the other day. Jodi may have gone to the other Subway because it had more selections for sandwich makings, and a person she knew and liked (her brother's former g/f) worked there. Maybe she just liked the convience of the location of that Subway, it's right on the main street?

scandi said:
Hi Katk,

I thought I read yesterday the unconfirmed finding of her in a shallow grave by the border.

If the letter was left by Jodi in the bathroom, that most likely means she left it there, right. But if she was found many miles away, I think she was killed in that bathroom, when like a poster said yesterday, there was a rumor something went wrong and he felt he had to kill her.

Then maybe he drove down to find a spot to bury her and then drove back to the lake to run the car into the water. The last thing he could have done is use her cellie to call his dad to meet him at the park, and then threw her cellie in the water.

I don't know about a shallow grave, as where would he get a shovel. I don't think it sounds like a premeditated act.
I do think that the letter was deliberatly left by jodi as a clue to her whereabouts. And I agree that she likely died at the lake and he drove farther away to bury here hoping that they wouldnt locate her. He then drove back to lake to dispose of the car..in all likelihood because he couldnt think of another place to hide the car and because he had no vehicle of his own and needed to get back home. far easier to get someone to pick you up close to home and easier to explain how you got there then if you are far away in another location or state. I dont think it was a premeditated crime. i think he siezed an opportunity that was at hand.. I initially thought that she was abducted from the subway but I am now rethinking that.. there is a poster on Steve Huff's crimeblog that indicated she was taken while checking the mail at home.. he lived 4 doors down from her...it would explain the letter far better.. and perhaps she gave him a ride home then once home.. he grabbed a weapon or taser.. and used it to get her... I think she rejected him or something else went wrong once out at the lake and that resulted in her death. I also beleive he may been stalking her as well or at least had his eye on her due to the dance team aspect and the proximaty of their homes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMP2816
Back