KS KS - Lori Heimer 57, murdered in her Saline County home, 25 Jun 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, checked everywhere I could think of and didn't see any updated news. DARN! DARN! DARN! DARN! DARN!

Well, SSDD - same stuff, different day. Checked for updates this morn, nothing new. Wish LE would throw us a nibble.

Well folks, nothin new today either. Ready to scream!

It's good to know that the person responsible for the stabbings has been arrested. Now maybe we'll find out if he can be linked to Lori's murder. Personally, from the day Lori died, to the day of the stabbing is just too close to ignore. Wonder what kind of vehicle this guy drives?
Prayers to Lori's family and friends.

Here is the link to the booking page where it lists the man's charges. It says he is being held on 1st degree murder charges AS WELL AS the charges connected with the other case. Wonder if these charges are for Lori

http://www.salinesheriff.org/InmateResults.aspx?BookingID=-145539&pg=h&ji=-18263

Yes, this is interesting coralynne - - that the Inmate Details listed for John James Brown 7/4/2016 booking show the following in the Charges section:
Murder in the 1st degree; Intentional and premeditated
Agg battery;knowingly cause great body harm
Agg battery;knowingly cause great body harm
A capital murder; Kidnapping

http://www.salinesheriff.org/InmateResults.aspx?BookingID=-145539&pg=h&ji=-18263

Here is a link to the most recent news article I could find (SALINA JOURNAL) which states that the two stabbing victims were released from the hospital.
Regarding the arrest of John James Brown, the news article lists one of the charges as “attempted first-degree murder“, but the inmate booking page has “Murder in the 1st degree; Intentional and premeditated“ AND “A capital murder; Kidnapping”.
John James Brown is charged with murder. Who is he charged with murdering? Nowhere in the article is Lori Heimer’s name listed.

http://salina.com/crime/stabbing-vi...cle_0c6fa3d9-c20d-5d64-9422-15e287749dee.html
Stabbing victims and suspect were acquainted
By ERIN MATHEWS Salina Journal
Jul 5, 2016
Two men who were stabbed early Sunday and the man arrested Monday for stabbing them were acquainted, a police department spokesman said. . . .
Both men were treated at Salina Regional Health Center and released the same day, a hospital spokesman said.
. . . an arrest warrant was issued Sunday for John James Brown, 34, for attempted first-degree murder and aggravated battery.

I hope this is what we've all been waiting for! I'm not real certain it says premeditated murder and also possible murder R/T kidnapping. That's a little confusing, either the person died or they didn't. I guess we can only hope he's the one responsible for Lori's death. Hopefully there will be more in tomorrow's paper. Says he was arrested Monday. Wonder why this is just now making the news? Two things I've read said one victim was treated and released, and the other was in serious condition. The latest update says both were treated and released. Regardless of whether or not he is connected to Lori's death, good to know he's in jail now.

I'm wondering if they are waiting on blood/Dna results before they officially make a statement

Possibility waiting on something. Things have advanced a whole lot since Quincy, ME was popular, but I do remember it is possible to obtain blood types from saliva. If Lori's blood type or the killers blood type was rare, that would be a great place to start. But it would still be a good place to start if they have different blood types. Newspaper articles stated there was quite a bit of evidence left at the crime scene, naturally they will have her blood type mist likely a blood sample. They get suspects blood samples, typing will be easy. So if one has type A , and one has type B , that's a step in the right direction. It is also easy to determine sex from a sample. That much info could be released much sooner than DNA results.

I hope this is what we've all been waiting for! I'm not real certain it says premeditated murder and also possible murder R/T kidnapping. That's a little confusing, either the person died or they didn't. I guess we can only hope he's the one responsible for Lori's death. Hopefully there will be more in tomorrow's paper. Says he was arrested Monday. Wonder why this is just now making the news? Two things I've read said one victim was treated and released, and the other was in serious condition. The latest update says both were treated and released. Regardless of whether or not he is connected to Lori's death, good to know he's in jail now.

(BBM)

Fingers crossed!

Didn't see anything in the Salina papers, except about the vigil for Lori. Will definitely keep a close eye on the updates on the suspect in jail!

Is there anybody here on this forum who knew Lori or knew of her? If so, did you are the vigil in her honor? Sure wish we would get some news!

More arrests in Salina over weekend, tho nothing seems to be tied to Lori. Nice article about the prayer vigil held Saturday.

Well guys, they say no news is good news, but this is ridiculous! LE could have arrested everybody in Assaria by now, and we still don't know a thing! Will check paper again this eve. I can't get on Salina Journal, they want money, and I have an appt with the doc next week, so I'm up a creek with that one!

Thanks for sticking with Lori's case glf.....I'm right here with you, still waiting. This must be so hard for Lori's family....I can't begin to imagine what they're going through.

Glad you're hanging in here, too! I think Kansas is about the best place to live in the whole world, and this just has me dumb-founded. Killer(S) must be from some place else!

Reactions: GRT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back