KS KS - Lori Heimer 57, murdered in her Saline County home, 25 Jun 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The second comment is the one I was referring to! I'm wondering if that is true or is somebody jumping the gun?

What an update, NOT.
gif I am with you...wondering and hoping its true, a comment below the "update". Oh I feel so saddened for the family and the community out there.

​I'm wondering what happened to the "tons of physical evidence" the police / KBI found in the home at the murder scene?? It's been well over a month now and nothing... I'm thinking if they found no fingerprints, no shoe prints, no DNA of any strangers in that house, this has to mean that it is someone Lori knew and trusted... If this was such a brutal crime as they say - to me, that says it was a very personal crime... Is it normal for her to let a stranger inside her home when she is meeting with them about her dogs for sale? I doubt it. Unless the murderer(s) came in with gloves on their hands and coverings on their shoes, there would be some DNA somewhere.. I now fully believe this was no stranger.. This was someone Lori knew and trusted. This is someone who knew her daily routine, someone who knew who would and would not be around that house that day.. This is someone that wanted her dead - someone that hated her.. Someone who knew they could get away with it.. Someone that the family would never suspect...

​I'm wondering what happened to the "tons of physical evidence" the police / KBI found in the home at the murder scene?? It's been well over a month now and nothing... I'm thinking if they found no fingerprints, no shoe prints, no DNA of any strangers in that house, this has to mean that it is someone Lori knew and trusted... If this was such a brutal crime as they say - to me, that says it was a very personal crime... Is it normal for her to let a stranger inside her home when she is meeting with them about her dogs for sale? I doubt it. Unless the murderer(s) came in with gloves on their hands and coverings on their shoes, there would be some DNA somewhere.. I now fully believe this was no stranger.. This was someone Lori knew and trusted. This is someone who knew her daily routine, someone who knew who would and would not be around that house that day.. This is someone that wanted her dead - someone that hated her.. Someone who knew they could get away with it.. Someone that the family would never suspect...
How does one explain the description of the truck and perps? Certainly the family would know who it is/was if it's someone who knows them. ???

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Yeah, I just can't get on board with post 125. No supporting evidence. And yes, living in a small town, with your business on your property, I believe Lori would have spoken over the phone several times to a prospective buyer before setting up a time for him (or her, if he had an accomplice) to come see her puppies. That person must have been a very good actor to gain her trust. And being a loving, Christian woman, she was more willing to trust people. No, I believe this was a robbery gone bad. With the prices of the puppies, the idiots probably thought she had plenty of cash on hand or stashed somewhere in the house.

Just checking in... hoping an arrest is made soon.
Justice for Lori!

All the Salina Post had to offer was blah, blah,blah, blah.

Nothing in the Salina Post about Lori today. The three locked up for conspiracy to murder shot a cop in Illinois a week or so ago. Luckily, he was not killed, and has been released from the hospital.
It is 109 degrees in Topeka!

Nothing in the Salina Post about Lori today. The three locked up for conspiracy to murder shot a cop in Illinois a week or so ago. Luckily, he was not killed, and has been released from the hospital.
It is 109 degrees in Topeka!
109 degrees in Topeka? Wow. Probably windy too.

Hopkins Rd looks like a dirt road.
It also appears that S. and N. of Hopkins are exits on to I-35. I wonder if H.R. is traveled much except for residents. It's really not an out of the way road but why drive on dirt when you can ride on asphalt.

The descriptions of the trucks
are pretty distinctive. But why 2 trucks?! Were the animal cages going to be used for the puppies? Or maybe they were for trapping animals.

Certainly they should know by now if she was telephonically contacted and have #s available.

If the perp's got messy during the murder, where did they clean up? There's a big truck stop at I-35 and I-70. Probably showers there?

If the trucks are local, they should be easy enough to find unless they're parked in a barn somewhere.

And if there were plates on the truck, couldn't they run Kansas plates with the style and/or model of truck?

Hmmm.....thinking aloud.

Well, to me it seems to be a very detailed description... How did this person get such a good look at the vehicles and the men driving them?

I'm assuming that whoever gave the vehicle descriptions did as best they could. They may have already run the info by the Dept of motor vehicles. They can narrow their search some that way, but it would still be time consuming to try and contact owners especially since they don't know the exact years of either. And it's pretty hard to see tags on older PU's. They sit in an intention on the bumper. And, we have no front plates in Kansas!
I feel those vehicles are, as suggested, in a barn somewhere, or in another state. If they were local (county) somebody would know who at least one belonged to. Maybe the person giving the description was sitting outside, or doing yard work. I think I would notice a couple of old clunkers driving around the neighborhood. They could have been driving by trying to find out if Lori was by herself.
I feel certain KBI took Lori's phone, and may have taken her computer too. If they had a home phone, it will be easy to get records from the provider. There are probably showers at the truck stop, but I would think they would have to be really careful anywhere somebody might see them with blood on their clothes.
I would imagine that the cages were for the dogs they were planning on stealing, or if that's not the case, maybe they stayed in the PU bed to carry hunting dogs in. This was probably a robbery gone bad, and by the time they needed to be leaving, they left without the dogs. They should have been worried about somebody coming home and decided to get out of there before they got caught.

I am reposting an article from the Salina Journal. Be sure to read the entire article. Two men were arrested for hindering Brown's capture. Note where one of the perp's is from.

http://salina.com/crime/stabbing-vi...cle_0c6fa3d9-c20d-5d64-9422-15e287749dee.html

Thinking about this some more, I wonder if it wasn't somebody who passed by her house often enroute to Salina or Gypsum and was familiar with the house and puppies. It would also be someone who knew when the farmers would be out in the fields and the "women folk" would be home alone.

Yeah, I had bells going off when I read about the stabbing and then saw the pic. He's actually a little younger than was given in the description, but close enough in my book. I sent a msg to the SD and told them I hoped they were checking everybody they arrested for a link to Lori. You know if I thought about that, they did too, but it just made me feel better to mention it to them. This guy looks about as friendly as a rattlesnake! I could throw him further than I could trust him!

Nothing in the newspaper about any arrests R/T Lori, however, the reward has jumped from 1000.00 to 5000.00, with private donations added.

Checked Salina Post, no updates on Lori. The article on the reward increase is in today's paper as well. Maybe making that info available in the paper daily for several days will insure that the right people will see it and go ahead and let LE know about any info they might have that would be helpful!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back