KS KS - Lori Heimer 57, murdered in her Saline County home, 25 Jun 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe Ron had several other people helping him with harvest, and has credible witness's as to his whereabouts that day.

I believe Ron had several other people helping him with harvest, and has credible witness's as to his whereabouts that day.
What if the coroner missed the time of death by several hours?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I guess that could happen, but it has become more of an exact science over the last 15yrs or so.

Good article, and I'm happy they are still receiving tips, but time hasn been much of a friend to this investigation!

Lori's family FB is asking for help with 47 pages of licensed vets (@ 1700 vets) in Kansas. If you want to help to goggle for email addresses, check their page to contact them.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/304..._t=group_highlights&notif_id=1485392198718178
Thanks Spellbound. I've not been active on fb in a while so haven't downloaded it to my new phone.

But, I'd like to know their purpose
in contacting all the veterinarians in the state beforehand. Do you happen to know?

I read what was written and the comments but didn't learn anything.

Possibly looking for stolen puppies, or if somebody had advertised puppies for sale at vet offices? Somebody stated the family didn't know for certain if any dogs had been taken, but family wasn't certain exactly how many puppies were on hand. I'm sure Lori kept good records, but everybody has their own method of what works best for them.

No, I don't read there every day, so I do not know their specific reasoning. I think they are going any route they can think of that might turn up a clue. gln had an idea that makes sense.

Possibly looking for stolen puppies, or if somebody had advertised puppies for sale at vet offices? Somebody stated the family didn't know for certain if any dogs had been taken, but family wasn't certain exactly how many puppies were on hand. I'm sure Lori kept good records, but everybody has their own method of what works best for them.
Or....maybe they're looking for a disgruntled person who brought a dog into a vet's office that they had bought from Lori and were teed off that they'd been sold a defective dog. But I don't really think this is a probability.

But I also can't imagine a dognapper murderer selling
dogs to a vet.

But then again maybe they're hoping to find someone who brought in a puppy for his shots or a check up and the vet recalls some unusual story behind how they got the dog.

Nah.

No, what I meant, is some people with puppies or kittens will put up a notice on a bulletin board they have animals for sale or to give away.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-rescues-103-puppies-overturned-truck-n712716

I found this interesting as the driver was from Missouri and Missouri has tons of puppy mills there. In fact, 16 years ago we bought a Westie and Bichon from a pet store in FL. Their papers were from Missouri. Our vet was not happy with us but these 2 dogs have been the sweetest dogs we've ever owned.

Maybe they should try pet stores.

The reason I bring up puppy mills is......maybe they were in need of her kind of puppies. Or....maybe someone was commissioned by a pet store to get those kind of puppies because of demand. I know pet stores really hike the price of dogs they are selling. Only thing is....they wouldn't have proof of the dogs' pedigree.
A lot of people would insist on that.

Very much agree. If I am going to invest money in a pet, I want papers with the animal. Now, for example, if my grandchild wants a kitten, I will check the pet stores for any brought in free to good homes.

I was under the impression that JJB was to have a court appearance the end of Jan. I checked Salina Post, and didn't come across anything there. Did look on Kansas.gov for any info, but you have to pay to get info. So, I'm up a creek on that one!
Seven months have passed, and we're clueless. Hopefully the guilty parties DID go deep sea fishing and got eaten by sharks. But I still want to know the who and why.

I was under the impression that JJB was to have a court appearance the end of Jan. I checked Salina Post, and didn't come across anything there. Did look on Kansas.gov for any info, but you have to pay to get info. So, I'm up a creek on that one!
Seven months have passed, and we're clueless. Hopefully the guilty parties DID go deep sea fishing and got eaten by sharks. But I still want to know the who and why.
Here is the article from Erin Matthew regarding JJB' s next court appearance. Should have been 1/31/17.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sali...12161efd-c338-5f49-bb8b-162f65cbc39f.amp.html

His actual trial was set to begin on Jan. 31st, but there hasn't been anything new published by the Salina Journal on JJB since October. Erin Mathews is the Journal's leading crime and court reporter and she has written extensively about JJB. I can pretty much guarantee that when JJB next appears in court, she'll be there to cover it. Prior to my departure from The Salina Post, she and I had a long conversation about JJB, which was how I found about his "Rigg" alias. She and I shared the same opinion that JJB most likely was not involved in LH's murder and he was simply a case of being arrested in the wrong place at the wrong time. She and I did agree that JJB's activities around the time LH was killed could certainly be seen as suspicious. My guess is that nothing new regarding LH's case will come out during JJB's trial. I still think that whatever the lead is that investigators have that has them looking in the KC area is the best lead they've had thus far. More importantly, I pray that this case gets solved soon so that LH's family can finally get the peace and closure they deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry, you're not leaving Salina, are you?

This case is so crazy. With the "tons of physical evidence" recovered on the scene, I believe enough time has passed that results would be in. I know the SCSD cannot reveal any names if indeed they HAVE names at this time. But I think they could give some type of press release, possibly something like "evidence shows three different DNA profiles", (not a direct quote). Anything new that could be released, needs to be released. Nothing substantial has been released since the first few weeks after Lori's death. The only thing no news brings is more concern about will they ever get this solved. Almost 8 months on this case, and almost 10 months on the Pike County murders, and absolutely NOTHING on either case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back