Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a logical step in the investigation, especially considering she was the last person to see him.

I am hoping that they have more idea's of what is going on than having to resort to using that tool in the investigation box.

Checking back in for Lucas. Let today be the day.

It is daylight now, so hope they are searching again. I am guessing they had good reason to block off the entrances to the Nature Reserve Park. jmo

I've missed some posts but I think it was stated he didn't usually nap. Could he have been given something to make him sleep so sm could nap with baby? Maybe given too much this time? Just thinking out loud. I feel helpless and sad, but sending my prayers from NC.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm not convinced that afternoon's naptime was the last time he was seen. I wish we knew who saw him that morning....and who saw him the day before. I'd like to know the timeline of the day before he went missing to shed some light on what might have happened.

Fingers crossed little Lucas is found today.

I got very little sleep with the image of little Lucas in my head all night. Wondering where he could be, praying for him and those that love him.
And the sad detail about his teeth rotting out.
Dear dear little one:tears:
jmo

I got very little sleep with the image of little Lucas in my head all night. Wondering where he could be, praying for him and those that love him.
And the sad detail about his teeth rotting out.
Dear dear little one:tears:
jmo

Me too. I can’t get past the idea of how much pain Lucas must have endured while his teeth decayed to that level. As we all know, that doesn’t happen overnight - it takes a long period of time to get to that state. Not to mention the darkened appearance of rotting teeth, especially his front teeth, would be apparent and have to be blatantly ignored to become that bad. Heavy, heavy sigh.

So much pain. I can't even begin to imagine.
Breaks my heart.

Tossed and turned a lot last night. Like everyone else was hoping to wake up to good news.

Sigh.

No new updates? Wonder if anyone shared any surveillance video from any houses in the area.

I'm not convinced that afternoon's naptime was the last time he was seen. I wish we knew who saw him that morning....and who saw him the day before. I'd like to know the timeline of the day before he went missing to shed some light on what might have happened.

I have been wondering the same.
He had just turned 5 in Dec.
Was it established yet if he was in preschool or headstart or because of his speech issues due to his cleft palate and lack of teeth, was he receiving speech therapy through the school district's speech therapist? If so, was he there Friday?

How long had dad been out of town? Was it normal for dad to go out of town and leave Lucas in her care?

In regards to CPS involvement, would Lucas's dad have been informed that the reason for their involvement was stemming from concern in regards to the stepmother? And if so, why the continued willingness to allow Lucas to be in her care?

Did the father not believe the claims or felt that they were false accusations made because of other related or unrelated drama? A money issue mixed with desperation so he felt he had no choice but to leave the state for work and leave Lucas with her? Had he asked the family in New Mexico to watch him but they were unwilling?

I’ve been lurking in the background. So many wonderful sleuthers here. FindLucasAllen, we are here for you, and with you. The sleuths who are local really, truly mean it when they say they will help with anything needed. They have 24k hearts.
Where are you little man?

Agreed. Would also like to know when the dad left for his work trip and when he was scheduled to return.

Also wondering if the step-mother asked someone to babysit the little sister any time between the dad’s departure and the call to LE. If so, how long was the baby left in the sitter’s care, and did the step-mother say what she was doing or where she was going? Was this someone who baby-sat for her often? Did she ask out of the blue?

I don’t like that this happened at the beginning of a three-day-weekend. I’m not sure about Lucas’ school, but my kids don’t have school today due to Presidents‘ Day.

For LE to be back at the nature park this morning, the tip that led them to the location must be pretty solid, IMO. As others have mentioned, the location history on the step-mother’s cell phone would be my first guess, perhaps even backed up by a witness account at the park.

Hearing about Lucas’s teeth having to be pulled absolutely broke my heart. No child, especially at such a young age, should have to go through something like that.

H
I have been wondering the same.
He had just turned 5 in Dec.
Was it established yet if he was in preschool or headstart or because of his speech issues due to his cleft palate and lack of teeth, was he receiving speech therapy through the school district's speech therapist? If so, was he there Friday?

How long had dad been out of town? Was it normal for dad to go out of town and leave Lucas in her care?

In regards to CPS involvement, would Lucas's dad have been informed that the reason for their involvement was stemming from concern in regards to the stepmother? And if so, why the continued willingness to allow Lucas to be in her care?

Did the father not believe the claims or felt that they were false accusations made because of other related or unrelated drama? A money issue mixed with desperation so he felt he had no choice but to leave the state for work and leave Lucas with her? Had he asked the family in New Mexico to watch him but they were unwilling?

Everyone living in a house where the child lives is informed of DHS involvement. If the complaint is verified as being true then all adults in the home will be summoned to juvenile court.

Me too. I can’t get past the idea of how much pain Lucas must have endured while his teeth decayed to that level. As we all know, that doesn’t happen overnight - it takes a long period of time to get to that state. Not to mention the darkened appearance of rotting teeth, especially his front teeth, would be apparent and have to be blatantly ignored to become that bad. Heavy, heavy sigh.

Folks, I am going to speak up about the teeth issue- many of you are assuming that neglect was done with the rotting teeth, but there are cases of children and adults with cleft palate that this occurs, no matter how often you brush your teeth. It has to do with abnormal salivary glands causing an acidic environment as well as excess bacteria- through no fault of any parents or guardians. That can be hereditary,.

For this reason, I am going to give the parents a pass on this. I'll give you a link so you can read up more on this subject:

https://dental.washington.edu/dental-problems-cleft-lip-palate-linked-abnormal-salivary-glands/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela