Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still catching up...just wanted to say I have also been reminded of little Sherin Mathews' (and of course little Malik Drummond) quite a bit.

I hate to compare cases like that. However the whole stepmom-nap and shower thing is really remnding me of Malik Drummond right down to the open door. Plus the neighborhood and houses are similar in appearance.

FindLucasAllen do you have any idea with the police update is about at 1:30?

Could be, but this is happening so quickly, not sure a forensic botanist would been called so quickly and have been able to work so quickly. Lucas was reported missing on Saturday and the park was searched on Sunday.

Something led LE to that park though....

jmo

Absolutely...

I'm noting that in this day of modern technology, and the resources assigned and available here, someone can take a cell picture of a leaf, have it immediately sent out..boo battery is dying

Thanks for the link to the park, people!

I'm seeing bodies of water in the park, but haven't heard that LE is searching water? Or did I miss that? So far, searches seem to be on land?

I'm also understanding the family is new to the area. I wonder if the family had visited the park on an outing recently? If we're going with the idea that the stepmom brought him to the park, how familiar was she with it? Speculating here, thinking aloud.

jmo

I'll try to remember as many of the questions asked as I can. It's been a busy morning. WPD left our house this morning to ask more questions. They aren't updating because they literally have no updates to give. We appreciate everything WPD and the FBI and everyone involved has been doing for Lucas. They're working so hard to find him.

Lucas's Teeth: last night when I posted about his teeth I was about to pass out so my answers were pretty short. I didn't mean to insinuate that his tooth decay was the result of anything nefarious. We honestly have no clue why his teeth decayed like they did. It may have just been they way he is made.

Mom and custody: I don't feel comfortable revealing very much on here as far as their custody agreement goes. I will say that dad does NOT have 100% full custody. Mom gets to see Lucas often (however, she recently moved out of state) and she and Lucas are extremely close. The reason for the way the agreement is is not black and white and the agreement was put in place early in Lucas's life. I will say that it had nothing to do with her ability to care for Lucas, but more her lack of ability to care for herself at the time (which, yes, did impact her ability to care for Lucas, obviously).

Dad's schedule: I know little about his work schedule other than he works out of state for long stretches at a time (weeks at a time, I believe).

JMO, there is no way a child could walk that far to the nature park. I realize kids can do remarkable things and surprise us but...........
What is the sex offender outlook in that area?

The dad and his girlfriend (they are not married. I saw someone ask if she is stepmom or dad's girlfriend) have lived in Wichita for several years. From my understanding, they moved to the home he went missing from a week or so ago.

I'll try to remember as many of the questions asked as I can. It's been a busy morning. WPD left our house this morning to ask more questions. They aren't updating because they literally have no updates to give. We appreciate everything WPD and the FBI and everyone involved has been doing for Lucas. They're working so hard to find him.

Lucas's Teeth: last night when I posted about his teeth I was about to pass out so my answers were pretty short. I didn't mean to insinuate that his tooth decay was the result of anything nefarious. We honestly have no clue why his teeth decayed like they did. It may have just been they way he is made.

Mom and custody: I don't feel comfortable revealing very much on here as far as their custody agreement goes. I will say that dad does NOT have 100% full custody. Mom gets to see Lucas often (however, she recently moved out of state) and she and Lucas are extremely close. The reason for the way the agreement is is not black and white and the agreement was put in place early in Lucas's life. I will say that it had nothing to do with her ability to care for Lucas, but more her lack of ability to care for herself at the time (which, yes, did impact her ability to care for Lucas, obviously).

Dad's schedule: I know little about his work schedule other than he works out of state for long stretches at a time (weeks at a time, I believe).

I admire your strength through all of this and keeping us updated. Please take care of yourself first along with your family and post when needed. Hugs

The dad and his girlfriend (they are not married. I saw someone ask if she is stepmom or dad's girlfriend) have lived in Wichita for several years. From my understanding, they moved to the home he went missing from a week or so ago.

Good Morning FindLucas, glad you got at least a little rest. Has there been any information on when the last time little Lucas was seen by anyone other than the girlfriend?

BBM

“A teacher with Beech Elementary School in Wichita posted on Facebook that Lucas is one of her students, and school district spokeswoman Susan Arensman confirmed that the boy is enrolled at the school
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article200889139.html

With the district spokeswoman’s confirming Lucas’ enrollment at the elementary school -in addition to his teacher’s FB post as quoted in the article-, it appears he attends a public school.

I’ve looked, but have not been able to find daily and weekly schedules for different grades for the district.

I was able to find their schedule on the Beech Elem website. It says the daily schedule for the school is 8:50am - 4:30pm. They have Pre-K available at the school for children who are 4 yo on or before Aug. 31 of the current school year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member