Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #11 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading and catching up. Even though that ticket was a long time ago it does show that she was familiar with the El Dorado State Park.

I think the Bluestem Gate area is probably right where the entrance to El Dorado State Park is off of 177.

I bet there is an actual Gate there or was at one time. Maybe when they used to close for the season or something they could close the gate.

I suspect she may have camped there before at the State Park and that place has shower facilities and she may have stayed long term at one point or another. If she had stayed there before then she may have a special attachment to that place.

This is scary to think about but some of the facilities there sound like there could be wooden outhouses there which could have those septic type outhouses. I am not sure what some of these terms mean.

If I went searching there I would be sure to bring a good flashlight because there may be outhouses or other dark holes to look down
into.

I know its hard to think about this but these are the terms from the link that struck me as possible places to look. Not sure what a
"sewer dump" or a "Vault Toilet" means unless it means outhouse type.

Dump Station West Sewer Dump

Goose Cove Boat Ramp Toilet
-Wood Vault Toilet

Goose Cove Vault Toilet W.
-Wood Vault Toilet

East Side Group Camp Vault Toilet

Quail Run Vault Toilet

Sunflower Meadow Waterborne Toilet

Concrete prefab type toilet.

Big Pine Shower House

http://ksoutdoors.com/State-Parks/Locations/El-Dorado/Areas/Bluestem-Point

Yes those outhouses are just deep deep dank pits with a toilet seat over top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been reading and catching up. Even though that ticket was a long time ago it does show that she was familiar with the El Dorado State Park.

I think the Bluestem Gate area is probably right where the entrance to El Dorado State Park is off of 177.

I bet there is an actual Gate there or was at one time. Maybe when they used to close for the season or something they could close the gate.

I suspect she may have camped there before at the State Park and that place has shower facilities and she may have stayed long term at one point or another. If she had stayed there before then she may have a special attachment to that place.

This is scary to think about but some of the facilities there sound like there could be wooden outhouses there which could have those septic type outhouses. I am not sure what some of these terms mean.

If I went searching there I would be sure to bring a good flashlight because there may be outhouses or other dark holes to look down
into.

I know its hard to think about this but these are the terms from the link that struck me as possible places to look. Not sure what a

-Wood Vault Toilet

-Wood Vault Toilet

Quail Run Vault Toilet

Big Pine Shower House

Outhouses could definitely be a place to look. The smell would conceal any decomposition and really, who would spend much time looking there much less get in one to look?
We don’t really have them here in CA, are they common there in desolate areas?

A few years ago, we went in on the east side of the lake where there are no gates or booths, is it still like that?

The two places I have gone in the most often, are the entrance right off I-35 (south end) and across town at the Bluestem side with the RV hookups both which have ticket booths

Oh my that’s so surprising- seriously - I have gone out there just to pick up my kids, in and out of the park and gotten stopped and checked for a pass!

If it’s during the summer then, yes, the people manning the booth will stop you (although there have been plenty of times when we wanted to just drive through a loop real quick to scope out what campsites were available and they’ve always been ok with us not buying a pass).

We’ve never been stopped by a ranger ever, but during the off season we’ve never even seen a person manning the booths unless it’s super warm out or its a three day weekend.

Or maybe we’re just lucky :)

If it’s during the summer then, yes, the people manning the booth will stop you (although there have been plenty of times when we wanted to just drive through a loop real quick to scope out what campsites were available and they’ve always been ok with us not buying a pass).

We’ve never been stopped by a ranger ever, but during the off season we’ve never even seen a person manning the booths unless it’s super warm out or its a three day weekend.

Or maybe we’re just lucky :)

I’ve been stopped often enough, off and on season, with and without a pass, I just started buying the year pass [emoji23]

Outhouses could definitely be a place to look. The smell would conceal any decomposition and really, who would spend much time looking there much less get in one to look?
We don’t really have them here in CA, are they common there in desolate areas?

We just drove through loops with the vault toilets yesterday. They’re all closed and the door handles are removed. I *believe* the only bathroom that’s open during the office season is at Big Oak (west side), but there might be one or two others still open.

Volunteer searchers were out on Sunday following up on tips and using dogs.

<snip>

Laforce is just one of the searchers on foot Sunday but she says the most important searcher is on four feet.
"Since it's so cold out here, all of our noses are running, that cadaver dog is gonna have a much better scent than we are right now."
The dog, Laforce says, is helping them search for clues or signs of Lucas. In the meantime, she's also helping set up a reward fund for information leading to the 5-year-old.

"God forbid if Lucas isn't found safe, this reward that we're putting the money in towards can go to a memorial or we can set up a scholarship in his name. Anything we can do. But we are not there yet. We still have hope."

Searchers say within the past week, they've found a towel that appeared to have blood on it and turned it over to police. No word from police on if that towel is connected to Lucas's case.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Texas-group-returns-to-search-for--476468403.html

BBM. I hadn't seen that mentioned before. Probably unrelated? :thinking:

Volunteer searchers were out on Sunday following up on tips and using dogs.

<snip>

Laforce is just one of the searchers on foot Sunday but she says the most important searcher is on four feet.
"Since it's so cold out here, all of our noses are running, that cadaver dog is gonna have a much better scent than we are right now."
The dog, Laforce says, is helping them search for clues or signs of Lucas. In the meantime, she's also helping set up a reward fund for information leading to the 5-year-old.

"God forbid if Lucas isn't found safe, this reward that we're putting the money in towards can go to a memorial or we can set up a scholarship in his name. Anything we can do. But we are not there yet. We still have hope."

Searchers say within the past week, they've found a towel that appeared to have blood on it and turned it over to police. No word from police on if that towel is connected to Lucas's case.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Texas-group-returns-to-search-for--476468403.html

BBM. I hadn't seen that mentioned before. Probably unrelated? :thinking:

Good lord I hope they just marked it and left in place for the police &#129318;*&#9792;&#65039;

into.

-Wood Vault Toilet

-Wood Vault Toilet

Quail Run Vault Toilet

Big Pine Shower House

Also, I believe the dump station is the RV sewer dump station.

Honestly I will have to look. I don’t know that it has a name or if it does we’ve not used it. There’s several swimming beaches too. I know most of the turnouts to all the spots along the lake have little signs with names but I’ve never paid much attention to them. We tend to stay in one of two campground loops- and just refer to it as bluff 1 or bluff 2.

I found what is supposed to be the pond on Google maps l, but it's dry. I can't imagine that it's correct since its a stocked pond.

https://earth.app.goo.gl/XvXYJ

Good to know they are strict.with visitors.
There are campgrounds close to me and they close the gates and lock you in at 11:00 pm.
The only way you are getting out is to phone a friend or call 911 for an emergency!
Moo
Beautiful place by the way! If it wasn't so far away, I'd love to go there!
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Where is the kids fishing pond? What is it called?

Looks like it’s Big Pine Kids Fishing Pond
06fa38c24cf091c473b2889b0503e7e5.jpg

A few years ago, we went in on the east side of the lake where there are no gates or booths, is it still like that?

So I went to look at the map and the place we usually camp is on the west side, in Boulder Bluff 1&2 which is why we call it bluff 1 or 2. Occasionally when out of state family came to visit with their RV we would stay on the Bluestem Point side with the RV hookups but that was once a year if that.

I should probably add I am not from here, I moved here after I got married (21 years ago) and the inlaws were already familiar with the area so I just tagged along and picked up their lingo. [emoji23]

http://ksoutdoors.com/content/download/936/4672/file/El DORADO SP.pdf

Hey locals, what happened at the YMCA today?

WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) - Wichita Police are investigating an incident involving two juveniles.

The incident occurred Saturday afternoon at the downtown YMCA.
Officer Paul Cruz told KAKE News they are unable to release further details at this time, but did say the Exploited and Missing Child Unit is involved.
http://www.kake.com/story/37697693/wichita-police-are-investigating-an-incident-at-downtown-ymca

Probably not related to Lucas, but the "Exploited and Missing Child Unit" being involved got my attention. :thinking:

Hey locals, what happened at the YMCA today?

http://www.kake.com/story/37697693/wichita-police-are-investigating-an-incident-at-downtown-ymca

Probably not related to Lucas, but the "Exploited and Missing Child Unit" being involved got my attention. :thinking:

I had not heard anything today about the YMCA
The EMCU also handles sex crimes involving children [emoji17] there was one earlier this year involving an employee of the YMCA and another case with an employee at a local school

Re: having to get a pass. There aren’t any gates anymore that keep you from driving around the lake. You can just drive right past the little ticket buildings and they aren’t always manned during this time of year (you have to find a camp host). We drive around out there frequently and only buy a pass when we actually camp. We’ve never been stopped by a ranger. In fact, my mom and I have been out there searching and have yet to even see a ranger.

Hi there-everyday still praying and searching for lil’ guy!
Could you please find out the make/model of Emily’s vehicle? It really doesn’t matter about the year. I remember you saying white SUV, but do you know a little more about it?
Thank you, hang in there-TES is here tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just catching up as real life got in the way. Thanks for all you are doing Local's, the searching and such.

For some reason State Parks has been in my mind for a few weeks. When you started talking last night about the Lake and the Park, my heart skipped a beat. I feel like this really needs to be searched. Especially knowing EG is familiar with the area.

I pray TXEQ has success today and is searching in the right area.

Hugs to the family and friends of Lucas. :grouphug:

eta: sorry that sounds rude about real life, this is all real life.

The stocked ponds I went to as a kid were just overgrown above ground pools.
[emoji21] no fun!
MOO
I'm glad to see they are providing kids and parents with the pond to fish in.

Yes the old pool-o-fish things weren't much fun. I love the "take me fishing" campaign. It's great to get kids out of the house and into nature.:loveyou:
jmo

Just catching up as real life got in the way. Thanks for all you are doing Local's, the searching and such.

For some reason State Parks has been in my mind for a few weeks. When you started talking last night about the Lake and the Park, my heart skipped a beat. I feel like this really needs to be searched. Especially knowing EG is familiar with the area.

I pray TXEQ has success today and is searching in the right area.

Hugs to the family and friends of Lucas. :grouphug:

eta: sorry that sounds rude about real life, this is all real life.
Oh I understand all to well about "real life" demanding out attention. If I weren't capable of serious multi-tasking my world would fall apart :) And I'm not a young one anymore:blushing:.
jmo

Wow Henry2326 you're such a treasure!
:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics