Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #14 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guest very forcefully states the multiple allegations plus bruises should have been investigated long before Lucas went missing.
Amen to that.

If it wasn't Emily, then Lucas' Dad should have found out who it WAS and removed THAT person from his life instead of cutting off family. It was frustrating to hear it said that JH says the abuse allegations are "unfounded". Someone was abusing Lucas. There are multiple pictures that make that case on the timeline, Missing Pieces Network has seen 16, she said. Multiple calls from multiple people. I'm going to have to sit on my hands about Dad for awhile and collect my thoughts.

IMHO NG's guest makes a very valid point that the extended family is suffering from harassment...so not cool.
:moo:

In recent years the trend is to target high profile tragedies. 'Bully mobs' with many repeat offenders, currying favor or 'lessons' from their 'cult' leaders (Jonathan Lee Riches, anyone?) are* attracted to the attention and rush of being lauded for abusing others (another wild life experience, boy howdy! what a bag of nuts.)

Though criminal & revolting behaviour, it's heartening to think that LH's story is gaining traction & being spread despite much more 'visible' tragedies recently.

RSBM

Oh my freaking word..... HER side ? What is she going to come up with -- that it was Lucas' fault ??? All of it ??
Going to be sick here...... :(
:banghead:

Right? I knew earlier she said she wanted to tell her side. I was just recently aware after hearing her that she's not ready to tell it yet. I'm guessing it has to do with the history of bruising on Lucas and it will be the same stories JH believes because in the interview she also tries to explain his injuries being at the hands of other playful children. But, Lucas told family members Emily was mean, threw water in his face, kicked him and drug him. I believe Lucas. And his bruisings back him up! And her leaving him home alone backs him up. And her not having custody of her boys backs him up. And now his missing does!

I am at work and cannot listen to the NG podcast right now. Can someone summarize? TIA :)

I am at work and cannot listen to the NG podcast right now. Can someone summarize? TIA :)

I’m just starting to listen, will take some notes and post a summary if no one else has done so before I’m done :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Only @ about 8 minutes into podcast but at this point. NG has good info for listeners about specific times/dates. :moo: Will reflect again upon finishing.
Is it accurate/true information? Or made up/based on rumor? ... :thinking:

Right? I knew earlier she said she wanted to tell her side. I was just recently aware after hearing her that she's not ready to tell it yet. I'm guessing it has to do with the history of bruising on Lucas and it will be the same stories JH believes because in the interview she also tries to explain his injuries being at the hands of other playful children.

EG is not concerned with a missing child. IMHO she is ready for us to find him, publicly draw a conclusion of this circumstance, and come running to verify 'her side'. The side of one who has been misunderstood, cornered, badgered, neglected, 'woe is me', victim-of-the-state's-power.

I'm not holding my breath for story time out of that one. Plenty to read from the last year & a half's pages written.

But, Lucas told family members Emily was mean, threw water in his face, kicked him and drug him. I believe Lucas. And his bruisings back him up! And her leaving him home alone backs him up. And her not having custody of her boys backs him up. And now his missing does!

Now see- this is how normal, well adjusted members of society will see it. This little boy tried to reach out for help to those he trusted... they turned to the state... The state failed. In her demented perspective, EG 'wins'/outcome not her 'fault'.

I've been done trying to understand these types since I has his age... very obvious in their actions, and lack of healthy concern for others. 26 is PLENTY old enough to have a life sorted out, and we can see what hers was about.

I didn't come away with feeling like I had more facts than we already have here, imo.

I do hope it gets someone local thinking about the night of the 16th though. And they do mention that landowners should please look.

Looking fwd to HayLouise's note-taking summary, myself.

We can post about upcoming searches on the FB page too if WS searchers require a few more eyes.
Please coordinate with Henry2326 directly. There is a map and a lot of info on searches that we can't share here.

NG spent enough time fluffing up the podcast with personal theatrics to set the tone, but as far as I can see between the 5 guests, outlining knowns & girding those knowns with expert's insight regarding each factor.

Listening to this one a few times for notes sake.

I just watched the EG jailhouse interview. Did she really say she wasn't ready to tell her side yet?

I just wanted to comment on a few things....starting with this. Which is directly related to an issue that has been burning in my mind for a long time now. Please bear with me while I try and connect my thoughts.

As a parent, I believe having a missing child would be the ultimate nightmare. I do not think I would be able to sleep, eat, or really focus on anything or anyone else until I had answers. MOST families do not get their child back....and the best LE/searchers, etc. can offer is closure.....but that is HUGE...and it allows for healing to begin.....and at some point (God willing) life to move forward.

I believe EG DOES have a "side" of the story to tell.....and I believe she has told it to JG. I believe this is why he is not pounding the pavement, screaming for Lucas, begging the media to put him on the air with pleas, searching every waking moment......he already has the answers he needs from her. If she was honest with him, then it may not have been what he wanted to hear, she may have admitted to something horrible or quite possibly she just said a bunch of bs lies that he just wants to believe (ones that paint EG favorably of course)....but whatever her side of the story is.....it gave him some kind of closure. (ALL JMO).

Also,....

From Kamm5 earlier....

IMO police need to release a tidbit to bring this back to front and center in the media....

Wow - this is Soooooooo true......even everyone here full of passion for finding justice for Lucas (as well as literally finding him) can only re-hash the same tidbits of info, possible scenarios, etc. so many times.....and I have faithfully read every single post since day one. I'm really scared LE does not have enough.....I really feel like there would be something more out there in terms of evidence or charges by now. LE needs to throw out a bone for everyone to chew on and reinvigorate this investigation.....really!

I didn't catch any outrageous mistakes on NG's or her guests' parts. Of course she always talks about her twins. It was information the public needs to be made aware of but for us here it held no bombshells :bombshell:
Good points were made about the probable procedural swabbing of the backdoor for DNA. And also for fingerprints as an exclusion/inclusion marker. "Count on if LE is saying there is no abduction they have reason/proof it is not".
Guests said there have been no sitings of Lucas since the report was made. That JH left for his job in New Mexico on the 9th. Confirmed. Along with the psychologist accurately stating that moving is a very stressful event, and could have led to a "mental storm". Also that that they are expecting Lucas to be found in a ditch alongside a road :tantrum:. Think this was said by the Leader of the team from Missing Pieces, so that's imho an opinion.
I found it very interesting (I can't recall the guests names now) about them saying many times a person can have associates no one else is aware of. :thinking:
:moo:

Especially when her court papers had the judge specifically stating "future drug use will indicate EG's decision not to be a parent". Not sure of the exact phrasing but basically he was saying her parental rights to her sons would be terminated if she chose to do drugs.

Good this might be mean but I hope she gets caught doing drugs again. Okay that was mean I will pray for forgiveness.

No, I think one of our locals. RMT is my best guess, but she(?) and Royals get confused in my brain. Guess that capital R is all I notice unless I'm really looking? Could be someone else completely! eta I posted earlier I had assumed the quote was coming from someone training with TES/TXEQ.

But I'll be shocked if it originated with PB or it was said with any sureness that Lucas is not in his house.

There is an LE quote that they "believe Lucas just did not walk out of that house".

Hahah- I did make a comment about Mars. I don’t remember exactly what I said but It was something like “Thanks LilTexans for keeping us on track... If it weren’t for you I think we would be discussing theories about how Lucas is on Mars.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIRST TIME IVE TRIED THIS.

TYPE INTO SEARCH BAR

WHY PARENTS KILL THEIR KIDS

CLICK ON CNN ARTICLE

THERE IT IS IN BLACK AND WHITE.

h=1]A parent killing a child happens more often than we think[/h][FONT=&amp]By Doug Criss, CNN Design by Paul Martucci, CNN

Updated 3:01 PM EDT, Fri July 07, 2017

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
(CNN)It's the most unfathomable of crimes: a parent killing their own child. It grabs headlines when it happens -- like this week in Georgia, where a mom is accused of stabbing four of her children to death. The reality is, filicides happen with depressing regularity in the US. And mothers are almost as likely to be the killers as fathers.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]

Of course we're shocked whenever we hear about a parent taking the life of their own children. Think Andrea Yates or Susan Smith. But what's even more shocking (and sad) is that this type of crime happens a lot. A study in the journal Forensic Science International looked at three decades worth of filicide cases (between 1976 and 2007) and found they occurred about 500 times a year in the US.[/FONT]

• Almost 72% of those killed by their own parents were 6 years old or younger.

• And one-third of the victims were just babies under 1 year of age.
[FONT=&amp]But more than 13% of the victims were adults, specifically people in ages running from 18 to 40 years old. So the threat of filicide doesn't go away when people get old enough to move out on their own.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]More than 40% of the killers in these crimes were mothers, with fathers making up about 57% of those who killed their own offspring[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]said it's probable that a mother kills a child somewhere in the US once every three days.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Only 10% of the victims were killed by their stepparents. That means 90% of the victims were the biological sons or daughters of the killer. And sons (52%) were more likely to be killed than daughters (38%).[/FONT]

• Parents used what the study called "personal weapons" to beat, choke or drown victims in the majority of cases involving underage kids.
  • If the victims were adults, parents usedguns in 72% of such killings.
There are several reasons why

[FONT=&amp]Dr. Timothy Mariano, the study's lead author, offered up three theories: the parents are often mentally ill, they usually have higher levels of testosterone and the offspring that they kill may be considered unwanted.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Forensic psychiatrist Phillip J. Resnick, pioneer in the study of filicide research, identified five major reasons:[/FONT]

• Altruism: The parent kills the child because he or she may perceive it to be in the child's best interest. It may be reality-based (e.g., the child suffers from a terminal illness) or precede the suicide of the parent, as the parent feels it would be unfair to leave the child behind to face the cruel world.

• Acute psychosis: The parent kills the child based on ideas that are inconsistent with reality. Forexample, the parent believes the child has been possessed by the devil.

• Unwanted child: The parent kills the child that he or she regards as a hindrance.

• Accidental: The child's death is an unintentional outcome of parental physical abuse.

• Spousal revenge: The parent kills the child in an effort to exact revenge on the other parent.

[FONT=&amp]e[/FONT]

Just listened to the NG podcast, no new info, some misinformation, but the important thing is that it got Lucas name out there again and hopefully landowners will search their properties. So critical to keep Lucas name out there and the story doesn't fade away.

Somewhere I’ve read that the mother has to accept what she did. The troubling aspect is thinking about and acceptance of what everyone will think about her after a confession. I have no empathy for anyone in this situation but it’s taking her a long Time to come to terms with it. If she in fact did it Imo

You're awesome...thank you!

I agree that there was no new details given, but here is a summary.
Hope it makes sense.

Summary of Nancy Grace podcast:

Guests:

Kim Martin - effort to find Lucas with Missing pieces network
Karen Smith - forensic expert
Ashley Willcot - juvenile judge, founder of child crime watch
Dr. Chloe Carmichael - founder goal attainment, New York psychologist
Chuck Roberts - Crime stories investigative reporter

Kim:
The moment he disappeared is up for debate..
Emily was napping 3pm & woke up contacted police 6:14pm

Chuck:
Just moved into new home 10 days earlier - Lucas would have been unfamiliar with area
‘Step mother’ EG is 26
Shoes & coat still at home, unusually warm that day
May have gone outside on his own accord

School teachers ‘a very sweet boy’

Kim (on the topic of the search):

Police, swat team, canvassing neighbourhood
Early on they said it was not an abduction, there was no sign of any one in house or sign that anyone removed Lucas.

Chuck:

No forced entry etc. Canvassed neighbourhood - no strangers

Kansas police recording (Charlie):
Officers & K-9 units checked home and neighbourhood with no luck of Lucas

Karen:
Gives advice that EG’s associates and cell phone records should be looked at.
Rear door apparently open? Should take DNA swabs, finger prints.

Ashley:
Check for footprints and marks on windows/doors.

Chuck:
No sightings of Lucas since disappearance.

Dr Chloe:
Moving is one of the top 5 stressful events (NG) Dr. Chloe agrees; it poses emotional stress, poses cognitive stress.
Blended families - issues of anger, possessiveness
Where does loyalty lie?
Moving can cause a psychological storm (looking through photos etc.)

Kim:
Dad (JH), left for work on the 9th, worked 20 days on 10 days off, previously worked in Texas, switched to working in NM and works on oil rig.

Mom- last time in Kansas Jan. 1, lives in Oklahoma, she is devastated and in Wichita now.

(NG making it about herself[emoji849]/sympathising)....

Rumours, blame being thrown
Family being harassed, threatened, had to step back from searches

TOPIC = FINDING LUCAS

Karen (on the topic of neighbours):

Talks about sexual predators

NG mentions - LUCAS WARRIORS

Chuck:

Step mom is the ‘live in girlfriend’
More than a year together - ‘not a step mother’

Ashley:

Step mother? She says no.

Chloe:
It takes a special person to be committed to someone else’s children..

Kim:

EG has two older children -does not have custody of.
EG & Johnathan have a 1 year old daughter
Two older children - older than Lucas.. no specific age given.
They live with their father.
1 year old girl - napping with EG at time of Lucas going missing....

Lucas brown hair brown eyes, 4ft tall,
EG said 60lbs, actually 38-40lbs...

Ashley:

Red flag... she didn’t know weight, purposely lied? 38lbs is small for height.

NG - child extremely malnourished

NG - Last seen wearing black sweats, white socks, grey shirt with bear

Chuck:
Bruise on face. Not sure if police have connected that with case.
Lucas told family EG threw water in his face, kicked him, and EG was ‘mean to him’

Recording of Great aunt sally:

Multiple bruises on face and neck
Police didn’t think there was enough evidence..

(NG)Great grandmother stated:
Lucas was kicked and EG dragged him across room (reported concerns)

Kim:

Four or five people reported suspected abuse, from Lucas’ fathers family and bio moms family.
JH - unfounded, EG did not abuse.
16 photos. (Break your heart)
All over Lucas’ body.
‘Emily hurts me’
Called her Emily not ‘step mom’

Ashley:
Repeated bruises = different story.. intentional abuse.
System fail
System failed Lucas.. multiple reports etc.

Karen:
Check where bruises are located, old and new bruises? Abuse for a period of time
System failed Lucas
Should have been removed from home
Patterns to bruises?
Hand marks or objects?

(Kansas police - Gavin - 2 separate accounts of child endangerment) - recording being played.

Chuck:
What led to arrests:
Day before disappearance:
Took 1 year old to OG, later admitted to JH, she smoke a couple of bowls of marijuana, left him because he was sick and didn’t want to wake him up.

NG:
Step mom - requested a bond reduction..

Kim:

Find Lucas.. 99% sure recovery effort sadly
Doesn’t think anyone will pay until Lucas is found.
Area = vast, rural and a lot of private property
Need land owners to search
A lot of land to cover

Kim:

Landlord, saw Lucas peeking through window at 5:30pm on 16th. LAST VISUAL.

Consented to search of home, found texts (Facebook messenger) between her and JH, police say - glass was going to smoke and go to OG, use gift card
Made two calls

Kim:

No reason to believe boy made it through the night (her opinion)
Emily came home
LH made comment on landlord
She snapped..
Lashed out at him

Been sick for two or three weeks
Think it killed him..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good this might be mean but I hope she gets caught doing drugs again. Okay that was mean I will pray for forgiveness.

She did get caught. She admitted to smoking pot on 2/16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member