Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE

Some posts have been removed. DO NOT bring rumors here from FB and ask for clarification. If your post starts with "Has anyone heard...?" or "I read somewhere..." then you probably shouldn't be posting it here until you find a verifiable source with a link.

Also, debate about the death penalty (pro or con) is not allowed on WS. If this case gets to a point where the death penalty is a factor, we can discuss it at that time. Otherwise, it tends to cause thread derailment as neither "side" of the issue is likely to persuade the other "side" to their point of view. But since no one has even been charged with a death penalty-eligible offense in this case, much less convicted, let's drop the debate for now.

This post is directed at everyone and at no one in particular.

:tyou:

I'm more open now to EG having planned this. Something about her lying about JO taking Lucas on Valentines day is just blowing my mind! What was going on? Where was Lucas? What time did she indicate JO brought him back? Did she tell JH this lie so he didn't expect to face time with Lucas? There is a good reason why she told this whopper! Did she think JH and JO wouldn't discuss this at some point? Did JH just flat out think JO lied to him all the time so it wouldn't matter to him if she denied it?

Oh man I sure hope that's not what she's saying (I don't think it is). Lucas's only maternal cousin is my 11 year old son and he would never lay a finger on Luke. He's been having a pretty rough time. He's begged us to let him go out and search :(

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Heartbreaking. This is what is just so hard about darlings like Lucas' disappearing- the children he loved and who loved him back are deeply and devastatingly affected by the actions of selfish and cruel adults. I am just so sorry for your son and any other children who are affected by Lucas' disappearance. How frightening and scary for those kids, I wish I could hug every one of them and make this pain go away for them as well as you and the rest of your family. No one deserves to suffer such hell and agony.

V-Day...where was LH for this day and how does it factor in? We know LH was seen after this by LL, but where could he have been for that day and how does it play into this? I think the bigger picture is EG LIED to JH and included JO in this "story". Why??? Jealousy?

So many pieces of the puzzle I just can't fit together. AGHHHHH. Now that JO has been "brought" into this with the lie, why was EG aiming at her? Trying to pin the blame? Was this actually thought out in advance vs her just losing her **** and killing him?

Going with the simplest possible explanation for this tragedy here's what I think. EG was jealous of JH relationship with JO from the gate. Seeing how her actions don't at all line up with someone trying to change to get her boys back, having a child with JH could merely have been a way to even the playing field so to speak. Regardless of what ended the relationship between JH and JO they seem to still have genuine respect for another, something I haven't seen between EG and JH. I think VD plays a big part in the timeline. Is it possible EG thought JH spoke with JO on VD or gave her a gift? Maybe she was also sent a gift card by JH? All speculation of course and I have nothing to back it up but my mind I keeps going back to JO being the enemy of her mind and the one she wants to hurt. Why? Pure jealousy which made her feel threatened in her relationship with JH. The explanation for where LH was on VD could be as simple as where he was while EG was at OG, home alone. If EG told JH she was going to OG and he assumed she was also taking LH, the landlord stopping by and seeing LH would out her lie. It doesn't matter whether the 'LL knew he was alone or not because if he called JH, he would know and she have to explain why she didn't take him. When she got back from OG her anger at being found out is taken out on LH. I think she acted alone and he could be close to home. When I try and come up with explanations on why he hasn't been found with all the searches it brings up having help which I don't think she did or him being somewhere that was already searched. All JMO of course.

I respectfully disagree. Wichita has a fairly busy news cycle and they are still mentioning him (KSN ran 2 stories about him last night) on a regular basis. He has already gotten significantly more news coverage than the average case. I believe some of our very own local WSers are responsible for this push, which is just super cool!

I do think a case can be over-covered, especially once it goes national. The CA case turned into a public spectacle, as have others (OJ, for example).

I can see it happening somewhat in this case, too, with all the smack being said about JO. That's making for an unnecessary distration & layer of crap for LE to wade through, not to mention the pain it's causing her and her family.

On the flip side, the coverage can (hopefully) make a difference in Topeka regarding DCF improvements that need to be made. Lucas and Evan can leave a huge legacy for kids who are suffering abuse in this state.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I agree. Evan Brewer was missing and considered endangered and he didn’t get near this much attention until his family started protesting outside Evan’s mom’s house. And Evan was the grandson of one of our mayors/local politician. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Evan’s parents were in a custody fight and was in one of the parents care whereas Lucas isn’t known to be in the company of any adult, let alone a family member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man I sure hope that's not what she's saying (I don't think it is). Lucas's only maternal cousin is my 11 year old son and he would never lay a finger on Luke. He's been having a pretty rough time. He's begged us to let him go out and search :(

I think she was meaning her cousins kids.

I would think that it would be quite easy to verify (by LE) whether or not Emily was at OG. (Thinking of Sherin here).

I know, so why did they "confirm" it with using the cell phone near-by instead of saying she was seen or transactions confirm or....

Maybe the cell record is just the beginning evidence. Something concrete to put on paper while talking to witnesses etc. I do know I'm probably in a minority that questions the visit to OG for food purposes. I'm ok with that.

I feel the same and have been feeling that way from the start. If she is very street smart, that together with careful planning could explain why he hasn't been found. To me that has become the biggest question as opposed to why he's missing. Her silence tells me she's confident he won't be found or if he is, the location will somehow tie in with her story that she's sticking to.
I think finding out just how street smart she is might be important. We need to learn how she thinks. Her interests, that being science and numbers might hold a clue. I wonder how much she studied about forensics. What is this thing with numbers with EG? Is it superstitious, is it obsessive compulsive? What is it?

I know, so why did they "confirm" it with using the cell phone near-by instead of saying she was seen or transactions confirm or....

Maybe the cell record is just the beginning evidence. Something concrete to put on paper while talking to witnesses etc. I do know I'm probably in a minority that questions the visit to OG for food purposes. I'm ok with that.

I too question it. I wonder why LE told the public about her phone making the 2 phone calls. It must have significance. And the timing? Were the 2 calls made to the same person? I'm sure LE has interviewed who was on the receiving end.

I'm so sorry. I sure hope not. I just got ahead of myself with her totally outlandish claim that JO had him on V Day. And she says "older boyS" I'm pretty sure, so, you seem to have ruled out the whole crappy idea.

I think the time frame of the 11th eve through the 16th (up until 5:30) is a curious time. Emily said herself that she would send him off to her cousin's-we all know who that would be. Emily bringing JO into the equation on the 14th, shows us that EG was not with Lucas on VD.He probably was at home alone,or with cousins, therefor she was able to do what she wanted to do on VD. IF he was at home, he was probably home alone. Let's think about this a moment.

Motives for lying:
A) She was to be with the kids on VD and do something special with them, she sent him/them off somewhere to do what she wanted to do.Or left Lucas at home to do what she wanted
B) Does not want to get caught doing something JH may not be aware of, and left Luke at home.
C) Setting up an elaborate plan to frame JO by stating she was in the area, and had Luke.
I'm going with Occam's razor on this one-the one with the least competing Hypothetical answers. She lied because she didn't want to get caught doing whatever it was she was doing during a time she was supposed to be in control of the kids.

Set Stage: A lie brought up by her, NOT thought out, Impulsive, she knew it couldn't be corroborated. She knew when she said that, JH would have to take her word for it, or JO's. She knew he would side with her. She does NOT want to be caught with another man, not just a drug dealer, that would be easier to explain (in her world), drugs wouldn't be that big of a deal. It has to be another relationship. She does not want to lose JH and we all know that cheating can be an end all, be all.
So, based upon this, should we be thinking that Lucas knew this person? The days leading up to his disappearance are so crucial. We know the lies started on the 14th. FACT. JO was just a easy cover-up in her eyes. MOO. Whatever happened, happened because she did not want to get caught in her set of lies that started on the 14th-Lucas was the one who could corroborate the VD day story-about the visit with his mom that never happened. He could potentially corroborate a man being around after his dad left on the 9th. She had no choice but to get rid of any evidence of her wrong doings in an effort to save her relationship. It's her. She did it, and she knows where he is. In my opinion, she is not going to want another man to think she is bad mother, (leaving her kids home alone), she definitely is not going to want him to think she is a murderer, or an abuser. In fact, I bet you she told the same VD day story to the other man-Lucas was with his mom. LE probably interviewed him, and she knew that this info was going to come out, it would be relayed to JH in order to corroborate facts. That is why she vaccilated with facts when speaking to JH about this. Getting tied up in her lies, who she said what to, and when, and trying to make sure it all matches up. MOO she did it with no help. MOO, he was in that house by himself (her coming and going) for the two days leading up to his disappearance. She"d put on a movie for him, and put him in his room. Possibly even overnight. JMO MOO

Has anyone looked into who might have been arrested around the same time as EG? Possibly on drug charges? I was thinking that it wouldn't do any good because I wouldn't know if they were associates of EG but maybe some one else in this group would know?

Unless this was premeditated and EG planned to pin it on JO all along, which in my opinion is unlikely. I think that saying Lucas was with JO on VD was probably said in the spur of the moment, not planned, possibly in response to something. :thinking:

*All Opinion and Speculation of possible scenarios*

1. To explain Lucas not being with her somewhere. But I keep wondering, why not say he was at his friend's house, or with the cousin? What I am getting at is wouldn't she use a more typical explanation, such as a place he normally goes? Like she said in the interview. "I send him off to my cousin's" (Not saying that he doesn't see JO but it had been awhile.)

2. To explain pull-up. Did Lucas only start needing pull-ups again after JH left on this trip? Perhaps, JH found out he was wearing them and asked why. EG says, I don't know he saw JO on VD wet the bed that night and has needed them ever since. In order to bad mouth JO by saying she traumatized him... when really it was EG who traumatized him. :( This conversation would have to have happened when they spoke on the 16th for this scenario to make sense...or after he was missing I suppose. :sick:

3. Someone else named Jamie. Is there someone else named Jamie that EG was spending time with that she didn't want JH to know about? Either MH or Lucas could have said Jamie, JH asks Jamie who? EG says they must be talking about JO (to cover her *ss), and to explain EG says Lucas just saw her on VD, I forgot to tell you. Of course this story would unravel quickly, Lucas would deny seeing JO and...well he ends up missing. :sick:

I think the time frame of the 11th eve through the 16th (up until 5:30) is a curious time. Emily said herself that she would send him off to her cousin's-we all know who that would be. Emily bringing JO into the equation on the 14th, shows us that EG was not with Lucas on VD.He probably was at home alone,or with cousins, therefor she was able to do what she wanted to do on VD. IF he was at home, he was probably home alone. Let's think about this a moment.

Motives for lying:
A) She was to be with the kids on VD and do something special with them, she sent him/them off somewhere to do what she wanted to do.Or left Lucas at home to do what she wanted
B) Does not want to get caught doing something JH may not be aware of, and left Luke at home.
C) Setting up an elaborate plan to frame JO by stating she was in the area, and had Luke.
I'm going with Occam's razor on this one-the one with the least competing Hypothetical answers. She lied because she didn't want to get caught doing whatever it was she was doing during a time she was supposed to be in control of the kids.

Set Stage: A lie brought up by her, NOT thought out, Impulsive, she knew it couldn't be corroborated. She knew when she said that, JH would have to take her word for it, or JO's. She knew he would side with her. She does NOT want to be caught with another man, not just a drug dealer, that would be easier to explain (in her world), drugs wouldn't be that big of a deal. It has to be another relationship. She does not want to lose JH and we all know that cheating can be an end all, be all.
So, based upon this, should we be thinking that Lucas knew this person? The days leading up to his disappearance are so crucial. We know the lies started on the 14th. FACT. JO was just a easy cover-up in her eyes. MOO. Whatever happened, happened because she did not want to get caught in her set of lies that started on the 14th-Lucas was the one who could corroborate the VD day story-about the visit with his mom that never happened. He could potentially corroborate a man being around after his dad left on the 9th. She had no choice but to get rid of any evidence of her wrong doings in an effort to save her relationship. It's her. She did it, and she knows where he is. In my opinion, she is not going to want another man to think she is bad mother, (leaving her kids home alone), she definitely is not going to want him to think she is a murderer, or an abuser. In fact, I bet you she told the same VD day story to the other man-Lucas was with his mom. LE probably interviewed him, and she knew that this info was going to come out, it would be relayed to JH in order to corroborate facts. That is why she vaccilated with facts when speaking to JH about this. Getting tied up in her lies, who she said what to, and when, and trying to make sure it all matches up. MOO she did it with no help. MOO, he was in that house by himself (her coming and going) for the two days leading up to his disappearance. She"d put on a movie for him, and put him in his room. Possibly even overnight. JMO MOO

Why did you say from the 11th evening?

Also, I want to add that I don't think she is smart, or a mastermind. She will follow the path of least resistance in where she put Lucas. She has been lucky thus far and that is all it is. We searchers and LE haven't found her path of least resistance yet. Oh, we will-the walls are closing in on her, make no mistake. The more information we receive on here gives us a better glimpse of her life-
FLA, don't lose faith.

I'm more open now to EG having planned this. Something about her lying about JO taking Lucas on Valentines day is just blowing my mind! What was going on? Where was Lucas? What time did she indicate JO brought him back? Did she tell JH this lie so he didn't expect to face time with Lucas? There is a good reason why she told this whopper! Did she think JH and JO wouldn't discuss this at some point? Did JH just flat out think JO lied to him all the time so it wouldn't matter to him if she denied it?

I believe JO was an easy excuse that JH would accept without question. She didn’t know her lies would come out within a few days.
I’m not so sure Lucas wasn’t at home on VD Day. My gut tells me that she was partying w someone that night & Friday night (probably many other nights too) either home or at their place. Since her suspected drug of choice had never been identified, I’m going to throw out HGB or another upper that keeps you going til the wee hours.
I think she was dosing LH with a sleeping pill, Xanax, anything that would knock him out for hours. She didn’t want him to see what she was doing and more importantly, didn’t want her party night spoiled by a “needy little boy who didn’t talk right.” I sense she may have lashed out & abused him because he was damaged in her eyes.
I don’t believe his death was planned, rather she literally overdosed him and panicked. Her party pal disposed of his body.
Throwing this out there. There are several bars within walking distance of the house. Possible she met someone there who there who became the party pal. There are a ton of very wealthy people in Wichita with kids around EG’s age. Kids who lived to party, kids who are addicts and kids who hang out in bars. There families have 1000 acre ranches in the Flint Hills, sand pits, lake homes, all very private where nobody would think to look. This person would keep their mouth shut no because if the truth came out they would be ruined.
Just my random thoughts.

I believe JO was an easy excuse that JH would accept without question. She didn’t know her lies would come out within a few days.
I’m not so sure Lucas wasn’t at home on VD Day. My gut tells me that she was partying w someone that night & Friday night (probably many other nights too) either home or at their place. Since her suspected drug of choice had never been identified, I’m going to throw out HGB or another upper that keeps you going til the wee hours.
I think she was dosing LH with a sleeping pill, Xanax, anything that would knock him out for hours. She didn’t want him to see what she was doing and more importantly, didn’t want her party night spoiled by a “needy little boy who didn’t talk right.” I sense she may have lashed out & abused him because he was damaged in her eyes.
I don’t believe his death was planned, rather she literally overdosed him and panicked. Her party pal disposed of his body.
Throwing this out there. There are several bars within walking distance of the house. Possible she met someone there who there who became the party pal. There are a ton of very wealthy people in Wichita with kids around EG’s age. Kids who lived to party, kids who are addicts and kids who hang out in bars. There families have 1000 acre ranches in the Flint Hills, sand pits, lake homes, all very private where nobody would think to look. This person would keep their mouth shut no because if the truth came out they would be ruined.
Just my random thoughts.

bbm
possibly a married man?

That is the last time anyone saw Lucas up until the 16th at 5:30- he was probably stuck in that house alone a lot of the time is what I’m thinking

If he was with family, cousins etc...that would have come out I’d think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics