Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #18 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She had to have done a whole lot of lying to convince JH she was capable to watch 2 kids while he was 100's of miles away. jmo

It is hard enough to have an absent spouse or significant other much less an absent father in the picture. I would bet that didn't help EG's anger issue's. imo
I dont think it took any convincing at all.

He saw the bruises on his son.
What did he do about it? NOTHING.

Dont forget. Lucas has told people that Emily does not like him. He told them she hits and kicks him.
If I was a betting gal, I would bet he has said that to his father.

He wanted to get off the subject of abuse.

question: to be official, does a doctor's have to be on some type of certified stationary (doctor/nurse/pharmacy info) or can it be on any piece of paper?

I have 4 kids, and every single doc note I have gotten was on their prescription pad- unless it was faxed. Our school has never bat an eye at my kids being out of school and never even Asked for a note- I just provide one if it’s a lengthy absence like strep. In fact , it sounds to me like the doctor told her to get him to a doc and bring a note back- she may have suspected abuse, or maybe a head injury- but the wording “consistent with a fall”, leads me to believe that’s the reason she was there at the doctor- Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wichita Public Schools
Snip
“In compliance with requirements of the Kansas Compulsory School Attendance Law, reports shall be filed with appropriate authorities when a child is not enrolled in a public school or non-public school or when a child is enrolled in school and is inexcusably absent- TRUANT.”
When a pupil is truant, parents/guardians and pupils can expect:
1. Notification of non-attendance is given by the Parent Link automatic telephone system.
2. Referral to internal support (school counselor, social worker, school resource officers).
3. Efforts made to reconnect pupil/family to school.
4. Written notification of non-attendance given to parent/guardian.
5. Referral to the appropriate state agency.
When a pupil moves from one school to another, that pupil must be enrolled and attending the next school within three (3) school days, unless moving out-of-district which requires enrollment within five (5) school days to avoid referral to the Department for Children and Families or the Office of the District Attorney.
End snip

https://www.usd259.org/site/handler...leName=ATTENDANCE EXPECTATIONS TO PARENTS.pdf

Snip
Students accumulating more than 12 days/96 hours of illness will be considered to have excessive absences and will be required to provide a doctor’s note for all future absences OR be recorded as unexcusably absent.End snip

https://kckps.org/index.php/truancy

He was in pre-K. Is it still applicable?

I've gone through 3 minutes of the jail interview with a pencil and paper.

The thing that stands out right now is EG asking the two people outside if they 'need' to come in. Not if they 'would like' to come inside out of the cold, but if they 'need' to come in.

I think it sounds like someone who's suspicious and paranoid about why these people are standing outside "my house". I think it's not so much being kind (because people who are just being kind rarely need to point that out) but more of a passive aggressive "do you need to come inside?" [to look inside my home or something???]

We've been given a possible date of the 11th for that incident. "Pretty early in the morning" according to EG.

JH has gone back to work 2 days earlier. If it was that day she'd be waiting to see if her ex turns up with the boys for their Sunday visit.

The ex does come over with the two older boys as that's the day she's seen outside smoking with a man (I am thinking that might be the ex?) and she takes the three boys to play with the neighbor's kids. Lucas is described by the neighbor as having a bruise on his face and standing quietly alone, separate from the other playing kids. This behavior of Lucas is described by his relative FLA as being very out of character for Lucas.

Very interesting stats on the head trauma. I notice that those cases were all of children 18 months or younger, and they were all cases where the parents/caregivers took the children to hospital multiple times during the duration of their downturn due to the head injuries (and possibly other abuse given that one child had bruising to the chest in addition to bruises on the face).

Do most of the parents in that situation even associate the symptoms with the abuse? I suppose in some of those cases it's not so much the abuser driving the decision to take the child to hospital but maybe a parent who wasn't in the home when the abuse took place?

So we have a situation where EG seems to have got very complacent about bruises on Lucas being seen by others, family, teachers, medical staff. Yet this week in particular she may have a heightened sense of paranoia regarding a perceived threat to her of having visits with her boys stopped and further investigations made. And the Feb 4th incident seems to be about JH...there's a note on the CINC form that a lot of Lucas' injuries seem to occur after a fight between EG and JH. JH has just gone back to work on the 9th, so he's no longer there all day looking over her shoulder for how she's treating Lucas. This is really a perfect storm time for a potential punishment beating (not a split-second anger beating but a punishment beating that says "I hate JH for the situation he's left me in!")

It's very concerning that those few abuse-related head trauma babies were being taken back to the hospital about 6 days later, and then about ten days for coma to set in. Prior to the coma it suggests an older child would maybe still be walking around? Vomiting, sleepy, maybe some confusion, but still responsive. I can't draw medical conclusions from this small sub-set of much younger babies, and I am not a medical professional.

EG allegedly does have a historical incident of throwing a bottle of water at Lucas's face. Possible similar incident with a maybe heavier item and hitting in a different position causing head trauma? Those babies were more likely subjected to far more severe trauma, with at least one of them likely including shaking of the baby (note the retinal damage) and a baby is more likely to be thrown at an object (a wall or floor) rather than having an object thrown at the baby...Lucas is more likely, in a hypothetical scenario, to have had something thrown at him (a la the bottle of water) rather than being thrown against a wall.

If there was head trauma, Lucas could have been asleep when EG went out to OG as sleepiness could be a side-effect of head trauma, as could vomiting and diarrhea --the pull-up.

Okay let me see if I can add this up.We have a pregnant, tweeking junkie, pothead, lying child abuser with endometriosis and a possible psychological disorder sitting in a room full of female inmates playing cards and making ramen. While taxpayers are footing the bill and playing the waiting game while the court appointed attorney is preparing her defense. In the meantime, Lucas' family is out searching night and day for their little one.
Did I leave anything out?

:candle: Where are you Lucas?

[video=youtube;5NDuX1qgvVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NDuX1qgvVs[/video]

I think it's interesting that JH never heard about her having a mental disorder and yet her ex says she was diagnosed as Bipolar. So, I'm not buying that she was ever diagnosed, but that she told her ex she was. She probably also told him she was on meds which made her much better. He had concerns about her stable mindedness. She addressed his concerns with a bogus story. Could be.

If she was smart and she was bi polar, she wouldn’t tell a man she wanted to keep around- especially if she was bat-shot crazy.......
MOO

He was in pre-K. Is it still applicable?
Any child who is under the age of seven years, but who is enrolled in school, is subject to the compulsory attendance requirements of this section.

https://law.justia.com/codes/kansas/2017/chapter-72/article-31/section-72-3120/

I'm sorry , I didn't see references to pre-k. I would think it would apply if the pre-k is housed in an elementary school or was designated as part of the public school district. I also would think it would apply if the school is receiving funding, as it would have to meet the same criteria.

Emily reported two individuals standing outside her door.
Sounds to me like shes setting the groundwork.

If not IED I would believe some anger disorder given all the reports of her anger exploding on others, in news articles about previous calls, her ex statements and the confrontation with JO when late picking up Lucas from school.. JMO

I agree and I already forgot about the confrontation with JO

So just for the things we know about she has been violent with boyfriends, ex's of boyfriends, and children. And from articles I have read the fights with the boyfriend were pretty violent.

All I know is she needs to not be allowed to be around children. One is missing on her watch and she was responsible to watch him.

Also the court order that she take the anger courses was not followed through which shows she is not committed to anything. Her rights to be around children need to be taken away permanently. I hope the judge in the children case remember what they promised about if she did not follow through with those courses.

There is no way another child should be put in harms way.

I agree and I already forgot about the confrontation with JO

So just for the things we know about she has been violent with boyfriends, ex's of boyfriends, and children. And from articles I have read the fights with the boyfriend were pretty violent.

All I know is she needs to not be allowed to be around children. One is missing on her watch and she was responsible to watch him.

Also the court order that she take the anger courses was not followed through which shows she is not committed to anything. Her rights to be around children need to be taken away permanently. I hope the judge in the children case remember what they promised about if she did not follow through with those courses.

There is no way another child should be put in harms way.

Well, she's pregnant so I certainly hope the baby will be taken away from her as soon as it's born.

I have 4 kids, and every single doc note I have gotten was on their prescription pad- unless it was faxed. Our school has never bat an eye at my kids being out of school and never even Asked for a note- I just provide one if it’s a lengthy absence like strep. In fact , it sounds to me like the doctor told her to get him to a doc and bring a note back- she may have suspected abuse, or maybe a head injury- but the wording “consistent with a fall”, leads me to believe that’s the reason she was there at the doctor- Moo

Well, I guess he could have been caused to fall......like off of the kitchen counter or something.

Okay let me see if I can add this up.We have a pregnant, tweeking junkie, pothead, lying child abuser with endometriosis and a possible psychological disorder sitting in a room full of female inmates playing cards and making ramen. While taxpayers are footing the bill and playing the waiting game while the court appointed attorney is preparing her defense. In the meantime, Lucas' family is out searching night and day for their little one.

Her boyfriend/fiance/baby daddy will welcome her home if she bonds out.

IMO

They can’t interrogate her anymore.. but they can keep questioning the people in her life. Cousins JH Friends correct?

You didn’t miss a darn thing!! 100% spot on imagrandma- I love your spunky personality- From the first post you made .........

Well, she's pregnant so I certainly hope the baby will be taken away from her as soon as it's born.

Yea she is in the right place right now so they can immediately take the child to safety when born.

Im still wondering if maybe she has lied about the pregnancy to gain sympathy but I am sure the jail officials have protocols in place for inmates who claim or become pregnant.

Shes in the right place and hopefully will be there for a long time.
I keep harping about wanting more charges because the "misdemeanor" scares me it is not enough.

I guess I need more faith in LE that they have things in the works ready to come down.

I think LE is continuing to look for Lucas and to build their case against EG. They can't speak to her without her attorney present and it would probably be a waste of their time anyway since she'll just tell more lies, IMO. They don't need her help to prove their case, but they will have to work a little harder than in a case where someone confesses and gives up the location of the missing person. IF LE has evidence that someone helped EG, they could try to make a deal with that person perhaps.
I think right now their most valuable interviewee is JH. I have no doubt he's been questioned up one side & down the other, but hopefully he'll begin to see the things that we're all seeing, and take a hard look inside himself and at EG. I pray that he'll be able to work through the walls of denial and end up helping LE as much as he can.

As strongly as I feel about his past decisions (including/especially failure to protect his children), I don't necessarily feel that he was in on the actual crime itself. I do think that he knows more than we the public are aware of (and frankly we have no right to know) and I hope he will come to be willing to work closely with the investigation. The time for being embarrassed/defensive about past choices is over. He will have to take responsibility for those choices and accept the consequences for them. But the true test will be how moving forward to the benefit of his children is handled.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Yea she is in the right place right now so they can immediately take the child to safety when born.

Im still wondering if maybe she has lied about the pregnancy to gain sympathy but I am sure the jail officials have protocols in place for inmates who claim or become pregnant.

Shes in the right place and hopefully will be there for a long time.
I keep harping about wanting more charges because the "misdemeanor" scares me it is not enough.

I guess I need more faith in LE that they have things in the works ready to come down.

Oh I think they do. After all, the judge wouldn't lower her bond because she is a flight risk in an ongoing investigation of a missing child case. Now there is also the CINC report which doesn't paint her very pretty. It looks to me that things are moving along quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14