Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dad has been back since the day he was reported missing. I took it to mean he returned back to the house after being somewhere else.
Oh sorry! My bad.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I don’t doubt she was actually gardening. I was thinking of it more as an intentional act— plant something in a neighbors mind hoping it would come up. “Oh yeah I saw SM out gardening with a kid...”

Or SM say “well on this day I was gardening...” and hope LE questions the neighbors about it to get her story to check out.

That can help cover dirt on clothes, shoes, in your hair, under nails, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunburn? (Also outside the box)

I am not sure if this is allowable by the rules due to the site source, but I saw the Zillow posting of the new house (assuming bought by the now landlord), and the marketing blurb states a fully fenced backyard. So a 5 year old got out the back door, and also a gate, and wandered off? That makes me even more skeptical.

Depending on how tall the fence is and the type of latch, it’s possible. My 6 year old is small for her age, but if she’s determined....she can do things most wouldn’t think she could.

Not saying I believe he did get out the gate, just adding my personal experiences :)

I’m thinking home from questioning. I thought I read he’d arrived home from work the night Lucas was reported missing.

Ugh. The shoes. Mom’s mom bought those shoes for him over a year ago. They haven’t fit in quite some time. Those are a 10 and he wears a 12/13 now. They’re dirty and worn out because they’re old, dirty, and worn out. We see nothing necessarily nefarious, but that obviously depends on where Lucas is and what happened to him.

I did notice in one of the most recent pictures posted here that he had on a really nice pair of shoes that looked new (maybe for Christmas) and took note of that right away in reference to the shoes.

Depending on how tall the fence is and the type of latch, it’s possible. My 6 year old is small for her age, but if she’s determined....she can do things most wouldn’t think she could.

Not saying I believe he did get out the gate, just adding my personal experiences :)

from the house pics I saw in the news, it looks to be at least 6 Ft. That is why I wasn't sure if it actually surrounded the whole house or if the handle/lock was easy to open. And IIRC, there were no hits for dogs in the backyard.

Kudos to your spouse- it’s not easy.

Oh, he's not a recovery diver. I just know about the cold weather gear because of his training, and he's still got all of his gear. I admire those who go out on search dives. My husband has gone down into the lakes here, it's extremely limited visibility (at least in most of them here). He retired his diving hobby a few years back but hangs onto his gear, jic he should change his mind.

Can someone request their name not be released?

It is hard to understand why someone would worry about being anonymous, if their precious 5 yr old was missing. I wouldn't care about anything else but finding my child. Who cares if the public knew my name? I think it is very, very odd.

I did notice in one of the most recent pictures posted here that he had on a really nice pair of shoes that looked new (maybe for Christmas) and took note of that right away in reference to the shoes.

I noticed them, too. I think they had some yellow in them. It was one of the pictures that was on one of the reporters Facebook page.

He has a pair of bright green shoes that he looooves. Every time I see him he shows me his new green shoes.

It also covers up for why she showered at 3pm, my first thought was why does the shower get a mention. Nothing about lunch, afternoon tea, just a shower.

IIRC the neighbor saw her out gardening during a weekday, maybe Tues. or Thurs. but I'm 100% sure it wasn't on Saturday and at that time thought he was possibly at school while she was out working in the yard. Was the weather nice enough to be doing outdoor work last week Mon-Fri?

Ugh. The shoes. Mom’s mom bought those shoes for him over a year ago. They haven’t fit in quite some time. Those are a 10 and he wears a 12/13 now. They’re dirty and worn out because they’re old, dirty, and worn out. We see nothing necessarily nefarious, but that obviously depends on where Lucas is and what happened to him.
Bless you!
Prayers for Lucas and your family!!!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

.... ok... i've sit back reading , reading and more reading.... there is something that's got me thinking....i saw/read where the relatives were suspecting abuse... and it had been reported and feel nothing was done.... here in the panhandle of FLORIDA we had a case about five years ago.... where this child was missing..... searched three days.... and found her under the bed of a friends house in a container..... the relative was tired of nothing being done... I SURE HOPE WE HAVE A HAPPY ENDING.... something is stopping LE from calling out to the public to help search... please help me with this.... what time did she lay down for the nap... went missing at 3pm ... not reported till 6pm.... how do we know 3pm is when he went missing.. i thought she was sleeping till 6pm... am i missing something.... i sure hope we have a concerned relative/friend... taking care of LUCAS.... i don't see how he could survive out in the cold... by himself... with the temps like they are....

It is hard to understand why someone would worry about being anonymous, if their precious 5 yr old was missing. I wouldn't care about anything else but finding my child. Who cares if the public knew my name? I think it is very, very odd.

You would care if LE warned you beforehand that revealing your identity would open you up to crazies of all sorts, people rummaging in your trash looking for "evidence", people tracking down your social media to leave nasty comments and worst of all "psychics" who for the low, low price of $1000.00 will tell you some random, unverifiable "vision" they had of your child.

IMO, the parents don't need to reveal themselves to get the word out. Showing their faces on TV pleading for the return of Lucas will not get them anymore exposure then what they've already gotten. I think they are playing it smart and not only protecting themselves but also protecting the other children in the picture. Let's not forget, there is still a 9 yo, a 7 yo and a 1 yo they have to worry about.

.... ok... i've sit back reading , reading and more reading.... there is something that's got me thinking....i saw/read where the relatives were suspecting abuse... and it had been reported and feel nothing was done.... here in the panhandle of FLORIDA we had a case about five years ago.... where this child was missing..... searched three days.... and found her under the bed of a friends house in a container..... the relative was tired of nothing being done... I SURE HOPE WE HAVE A HAPPY ENDING.... something is stopping LE from calling out to the public to help search... please help me with this.... what time did she lay down for the nap... went missing at 3pm ... not reported till 6pm.... how do we know 3pm is when he went missing.. i thought she was sleeping till 6pm... am i missing something.... i sure hope we have a concerned relative/friend... taking care of LUCAS.... i don't see how he could survive out in the cold... by himself... with the temps like they are....

If I'm reading your question correctly, since Lucas was last seen at 3pm that is why LE is saying he's been missing since 3pm. We don't know 3pm is when he went missing, it could have been anytime between 3p and whenever step-mom woke up but since 3pm is when he was last seen then that would be the logical starting point. I hope that made sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crankymomma