Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What choice does he have, Blef?

We're here because many family members of Lucas, including a member of EG's own family, reported and documented the abuse he was suffering under day after day, and look what happened? He's now been missing for three months, and she's getting out of jail today, a free woman now, even after confessing she smoked MJ before going out to eat at OG with her daughter.

They had no recourse legally, what makes you think he will?

He’s already filed a petition to eliminate visitation at all. Not related to this charge per se. A judge may well agree with al his points (and he had lots)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's disappointing that Emily is out to live her life (for now) while Lucas no longer has his, but we need to remember that this case was not about him. She may have been found not guilty in this case, but I have faith that Lucas will eventually receive justice [emoji172]

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Justice is come, FLA. Hold on, Hon. Sending love to you from far.

I'm so sorry for you FLA. I'm hoping LE have a plan to get her back into the interrogation room as soon as possible.

Oooooh good point. With her not under arrest they have different rules for questioning ....some which give LE a bit more leeway

I'm so sorry for you FLA. I'm hoping LE have a plan to get her back into the interrogation room as soon as possible.

This is what I’m holding on for too, Blef. We’ve seen it a thousand times over in cases. They get released and then arrested for something else the next day. Maybe it won’t be tomorrow, or Friday, but it will come. This just a temporary event that needed to happen to get Lucas the Justice he deserves. I’m confident of that.

Does anyone think EG might try to sue the DA/court? They held her for nearly 3 months on a very high bond for the misdemeanor charges because of a case she hasn't been charged with.

Wonder if the jurors didn't believe her cellmate.

Wonder if anyone else noticed how edge-of-her-seat attentive to LE, Emily was during her Defense's questioning of Ryan Schomaker (whose responses tiptoed around technicalities like a *advertiser censored*).

I suppose 'slumped forward' might be taken as bored, toward the end her hands are raised with fingers together, facing Ryan like a kid expecting punishment:
http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article211100194.html

Note when she is not concerned vs when someone directly confronting her statements is involved.

https://www.nbcnews.com/better/heal...lying-according-behavioral-experts-ncna786326

Shouldn't need to address any of this but for low morale in this new thread and collective sense of dread. Buck up & buckle in, it's about to be a wild ride.

<modsnip>

A prosecutor has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she was intoxicated when she drove with MH. Unfortunately they cannot unless they catch her smoking in her car while driving, as no reliable, verifiable test will prove she was intoxicated.

Ohhh, true! The other judge said that if she did drugs again, it would be seen as her decision not to parent. So she's done with her boys, thank God. Hopefully that can be used to keep MH away, too!

How can they keep MH away when she was just found not guilty of CE regarding MH? I doubt it. She's getting to move on with her little life while Lucas is still gone. I'm so, so, so, disappointed.

I can't imagine what JO is feeling. EG gets her baby back while JO has lost Lucas at EG's hands. Wow.

So, what happens to MH now. Will she get her back?

Unless otherwise stated, everything above is MOO[emoji230][emoji5]

How can they keep MH away when she was just found not guilty of CE regarding MH? I doubt it. She's getting to move on with her little life while Lucas is still gone. I'm so, so, so, disappointed.

I can't imagine what JO is feeling. EG gets her baby back while JO has lost Lucas at EG's hands. Wow.

The CINC case is separate and the filing in that case was ‘7 pages of single spaced type’ detailing MANY MANY things OTHER than this charge. The baby isn’t coming back to her any time soon.

I do not think she will just get MH back that easily. There was a lot in the CINC report to indicate EG is not a good parent. She might get some monitored visitation but right now she has no rights.

I don't think the ll could kick them out for those reasons. A child is missing and that would create a lot of police activity. I don't know if their rental agreement was month to month or a term lease. If month to month either party can give a 30 day notice.
Most leases have a clause about illegal activity. Smoking marijuana is a crime in Kansas.

What choice does he have, Blef?

We're here because many family members of Lucas, including a member of EG's own family, reported and documented the abuse he was suffering under day after day, and look what happened? He's now been missing for three months, and she's getting out of jail today, a free woman now, even after confessing she smoked MJ before going out to eat at OG with her daughter.

They had no recourse legally, what makes you think he will?
Family court judges have more freedom than criminal court and/or juries. I'd hope the family court judge would take her admission of drug use into account, especially since there was a stipulation related to drug use in the custody documents.

Very curious who she left with. Maybe being on the outside, she'll eventually confess to someone who will turn her in. Her "friends" and family will surely be asking more questions now that they're not be monitored.

Unlikely.

As cliche as it may be, I am a firm believer in “everything happens for a reason”. Sometimes we may not be able to see the reason for a long time, sometimes we aren’t ever meant to see it, but it’s there.

JO mentioned that if she had the money she would have bailed EG out herself so she could find out where Lucas is. While I don’t think EG will tell her his location....I do think somehow, someway, her being out will lead to finding him. We couldn’t find him while she was locked up, maybe this will unlock the missing piece of the puzzle.

As cliche as it may be, I am a firm believer in “everything happens for a reason”. Sometimes we may not be able to see the reason for a long time, sometimes we aren’t ever meant to see it, but it’s there.

JO mentioned that if she had the money she would have bailed EG out herself so she could find out where Lucas is. While I don’t think EG will tell her his location....I do think somehow, someway, her being out will lead to finding him. We couldn’t find him while she was locked up, maybe this will unlock the missing piece of the puzzle.

I hope you are right, Pet [emoji172]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads