Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I've been out most of the day and I've just come back to a bunch of parenting posts in this thread. Unless the topic is directly about EG and Lucas, please try to stay on topic. Parenting debates derail threads very quickly.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Okay, I think I'm caught up now.
Sincerely hoping that LE has enough evidence to bring justice to our sweet little guy.
Lucas, you were dealt a horrible hand. I'm so sorry that you endured so much pain in your short life.
I'm proud of my WS family for feeling close enough to share personal feelings and we are here for each other.
The truth will come out, and Lucas will ALWAYS be in our hearts.

I don’t have issue with them being there. (Searchers) but I don’t think they should share what was confided in them .. hopefully they conferred with LE before they released to media. Iam appreciative of everything they have done .

I follow so many missing people cases & usually let all of the amazing sleuthers here do the hard work while I lurk in the background but this one has hit me like no other has... I’ve cried twice today over sweet Lucas & I’m NOT a crier! The rainbow video another poster made & the video of JO both made me loose it. He was such a precious little boy & did not deserve this. My thoughts & prayers are with his family

I am disappointed that Marshburn called searcher's out to the scene, he had no right to do that. He took a huge risk of anyone tampering with the crime scene. The searcher's could have gone out there after everything was totally cleared. jmo
Yeah I was quite confused by that detail. Why do that??? What was their purpose? It is CSI job to process the scene, he was located, no need for the searchers to be there. They should’ve been staged with the media at the very most. Away from the scene. Imo.
What we don't know (maybe a resident WS searcher can verify?) -- we don't know if the searchers were "on the scene" or on the road because we haven't seen any footage until after the news broke.
DM indicated more than once that EG was the "key" and that it was important that she find Lucas.
I thought in one of his interviews DM indicated he was trying to make EG believe that "people knew" where Lucas was and they were going to find him imminently.
I'm guessing that his earlier interactions with the searchers gave him enough confidence to invite them on the scene -- they hadn't publicly disclosed their search locations, shared info with LE and TXEQ, they were trained not to disturb evidence, and their personal interactions with DM may have given him a good read on their trustworthiness to be present for whatever purpose he had in mind.

While I wish they would all stop talking to the media, DM seems careful in what he will and won't discuss for the most part and I can't help thinking that their presence either during or shortly after the discovery had everything to do with his angle to work EG OR to have them more thoroughly search areas he wasn't sure about that he and EG had already passed.

Could've been psychological warfare on EG, or it could have been a courtesy to searchers who have given so much. Hard to say.

I am very naive and do not know much about trials. I get concerned about EG claiming something like "he died from the flu". Do you think that they will call the school nurse..maybe the teacher..JH's relatives to share that LH suffered from a history of abuse???
The autopsy will hopefully answer a lot of questions about COD.
Her propensity for lying and the fact that her lawyer basically used ‘don’t believe what I said’ as her defense in her last trial, she would be smart to not say a word in the trial. Anything she said in interviews, in jail, on TV, all of that can -and will- be used against her.
IANAL, but...thinking of other cases (CA for one)
I wouldn't be at all surprised, however, if her defense fights like hell to get as much of that thrown out as possible--especially if COD doesn't reveal much. I wouldn't be surprised, either, if the attorney uses the JO theory to create doubt. Much like we were all wondering if EG put Lucas where it would implicate JO, I wouldn't be surprised if defense atty at least tries to flip that script.

Does she have a lawyer.. I seem to recall an attorney making a statement before he was found. (I could be losing it) if court appointed what are the odds she would get same one

Does she have a lawyer.. I seem to recall an attorney making a statement before he was found. (I could be losing it) if court appointed what are the odds she would get same one
If she hires an attorney it’s her choice of whoever she can afford that will take the case. If court appointed, it should be whichever one is next in the rotation for assignment.

What we don't know (maybe a resident WS searcher can verify?) -- we don't know if the searchers were "on the scene" or on the road because we haven't seen any footage until after the news broke.
DM indicated more than once that EG was the "key" and that it was important that she find Lucas.
I thought in one of his interviews DM indicated he was trying to make EG believe that "people knew" where Lucas was and they were going to find him imminently.
I'm guessing that his earlier interactions with the searchers gave him enough confidence to invite them on the scene -- they hadn't publicly disclosed their search locations, shared info with LE and TXEQ, they were trained not to disturb evidence, and their personal interactions with DM may have given him a good read on their trustworthiness to be present for whatever purpose he had in mind.

While I wish they would all stop talking to the media, DM seems careful in what he will and won't discuss for the most part and I can't help thinking that their presence either during or shortly after the discovery had everything to do with his angle to work EG OR to have them more thoroughly search areas he wasn't sure about that he and EG had already passed.

Could've been psychological warfare on EG, or it could have been a courtesy to searchers who have given so much. Hard to say.
I probably should’ve been more clear in my earlier post.
Searchers have worked hard. Tireless. Relentless. Selfless. I have nothing but respect for that.
Cases involving children are the hardest cases to work - anyone in LE will tell you that. Death is never easy to see. What has been seen cannot be unseen. My concern is more for their wellbeing than any jurisdictional who should be there who shouldn’t argument. I hope that is more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli