Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just continuing on both yours and Maguia’ma posts. In regard to drugs and no one getting them etc for her. The other side is actual drug dealers who are just that won’t want to be anywhere near her with a 10 foot pole either. She is what is known as “hot”. LE magnet.
This was my thought too. No one in their right mind is going to meet her anywhere with drugs when she could be under surveillance.

This was my thought too. No one in their right mind is going to meet her anywhere with drugs when she could be under surveillance.
Right mind is very subjective when it comes to druggies. She just manipulative enough to be able to get one of her minions to get them for her. Then throw them under the bus if caught.

Oh boy. I am fully prepared for backlash on this, but it's only my opinion and the way I see things based on my own life experiences.

I don't really put Jonathan on the same shelf as people like EG. I don't even really consider what he did abuse. Was it a bad way of handling things? Yes. Absolutely. But he pushed the kid. Roughly maybe, but he pushed him down onto a couch. He left red marks, not bruises. And so what if he used a "loud voice". I do too. All. The. Time. It's the only voice my teen daughter understands. We are raising a generation of children who are too coddled and have no coping skills. And this systematic outcry of "OMG, he pushed that kid", or "OMG, he yells at his kids" is a huge contributor to that. Jamie has told us that Jonathan is not an abuser. I was not in that house that day, nor were any of us. We don't know how it all went down. I personally think everyone involved was over reacting. Does this excuse JH from not protecting Lucas? NO WAY. But I also don't doubt that he loved Lucas and never did anything to harm him. I am well aware I am in a lonely corner on this. That's ok.

I don't think the boy's dad was overreacting. I wonder if the truth of the incident is somewhere in the middle of the two descriptions of the incident. Raised voices can be subjective, but I strongly dislike when people shout at their kids *all* the time as opposed to a raised voice at an appropriate time...with some kids all you need to do is raise your voice to them when they're misbehaving and it can be an alternative to smacking or other punishments. I don't know what was going on there only that the descriptions could go either way for me.

I gave an example before where a child I knew said that their 'stepdad' shouted a lot and said their mother didn't shout, but when I was around it was always the mother screaming at the kids. That's why I think it can be subjective. Even that screaming mother I wouldn't classify as abusive, I don't have the words to say what I think of it, I dislike it, but in that situation I didn't consider it abuse. I was a sensitive child and I didn't like raised voices...screaming would have left me traumatized.

I think it's a difficult one. The boy seems to be admitting to misbehaving. In that situation grabbing the can and pushing the boy back onto the couch does not sound like abuse, even with a loud voice. But using inappropriate language to the boy, leaving red marks/bruises? I think a lot is context-dependent, and parenting classes and anger management classes seem appropriate.

JO seems to think JH wouldn't treat a child the way we've heard EG treating Lucas. DM seems to be saying he genuinely thinks EG was so conniving that JH was taking her word for things, but he seems to be including JO and JH as victims of EG in that they both lost their child to her actions.

I think it's understandable that most people hear that JH hit a child and they're putting it in the context of a household where another child died after a year or more of pictures of him getting covered in bruises. Of course people are going to question JH's parenting skills, and that's the safest thing for the children involved. It's time for the kids to come first.

This has bugged me for a while - why is Glass in parenthesis is it because that is not what the child said? Did he say mom, stepmom, she, or Emily and they substituted the word Glass?

“It was reported that when asked about his bruises, all Lucas would say is that (Glass) ‘doesn’t like me any more,'” the document noted. The state agency investigated and determined there was not enough evidence to support the allegation and closed the case, according to the document.

New details emerge about missing 5-year-old Kansas boy

This has bugged me for a while - why is Glass in parenthesis is it because that is not what the child said? Did he say mom, stepmom, she, or Emily and they substituted the word Glass?

“It was reported that when asked about his bruises, all Lucas would say is that (Glass) ‘doesn’t like me any more,'” the document noted. The state agency investigated and determined there was not enough evidence to support the allegation and closed the case, according to the document.

BBM

Yes. You are correct re (Glass) name in parentheses. Usually it’s done to make the context of the statement clear.

I figured Lucas said “she” doesn’t like me anymore. I figured the inserted (Glass) for she instead of what most are used to like .... all Lucas would say is that she (SIC) doesn’t like me anymore. I believe putting her name in parentheses implies SIC. JMO

The affidavit regard JH and the battery charge

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/JONATHAN+HERNANDEZ.pdf

I am sure hoping we don't go down the road that the child is lying about what happened, we should not make him more a victim than he already is by not believing him.
I don’t know that he is or not. I have accidentally hit my dog when I was going after a wolf spider here in Vegas. It’s the last thing I had intended and right after the spider was dead I immediately went to pisqualie to love on him. Could someone make an abuse case maybe. I was swinging to definitely murder a very big ugly spider running very fast. But probably not, but the accusation could be made.

My point is that even sworn testimony can change. People recall differently or additional reasons statements and things change.

I’m waiting to see what testimony happen Court. EG and nearly everyone around her understands how to manipulate people and things that happen. I really don’t trust anything they do or say with few exceptions. One thing at a time.

I do believe it’s prudent for the State of Kansas to keep all the kids as far away from EG AS POSSIBLE. SHE IS TOXIC. manipulator of truth and apparently had no conscience as it applies to causing dire pain to those around her.

JH has no rights and may never see them again. Those children need a new start far away from this entire tragedy. If not the cycle will continue.

Morning everyone
I do though agree with IIRC hopingicanhelp that she will get itchy and eventually find some new fool. I just think her current contacts would avoid her like the plague. Particularly “mike” - now if this is in fact her dealers name he won’t be to pleased to have had his name bought up in this mess. She would be seen as a “dog” - (someone who talks to LE.)

Oh boy. I am fully prepared for backlash on this, but it's only my opinion and the way I see things based on my own life experiences.

I don't really put Jonathan on the same shelf as people like EG. I don't even really consider what he did abuse. Was it a bad way of handling things? Yes. Absolutely. But he pushed the kid. Roughly maybe, but he pushed him down onto a couch. He left red marks, not bruises. And so what if he used a "loud voice". I do too. All. The. Time. It's the only voice my teen daughter understands. We are raising a generation of children who are too coddled and have no coping skills. And this systematic outcry of "OMG, he pushed that kid", or "OMG, he yells at his kids" is a huge contributor to that. Jamie has told us that Jonathan is not an abuser. I was not in that house that day, nor were any of us. We don't know how it all went down. I personally think everyone involved was over reacting. Does this excuse JH from not protecting Lucas? NO WAY. But I also don't doubt that he loved Lucas and never did anything to harm him. I am well aware I am in a lonely corner on this. That's ok.
Children playing with a spray bottle of Febreeze, any one of those children could have ended up with the contents in their eyes. JH reacted to a situation that may have caused harm. That is the first thing I would have done is too get it away from the child spraying it. I do not think he intended to harm the child deliberately.

Last edited:
Children playing with a spray bottle of Febreeze, any one of those children could have ended up with the contents in their eyes. JH reacted to a situation that may have caused harm. That is the first thing I would have done is too get it away from the child spraying it. He did not listen to him. I do not think he intended to harm the child deliberately.
If it were something like running out into the street or grabbing a pot on the stove, then I may be able to see cause for a reaction that wasn’t thought through and intended only to prevent the child from harming himself or others, but getting frebreze in their eyes, granted it’s not fun, isn’t life threatening.

I doubt he intended to leave marks on him, but his reaction of pushing him onto the couch with enough force to leave marks tells us at the very least he lost his cool. Over the kid spraying febreze. :|

My girls have had their moments of spraying too much air freshener/playing with it. I told them to stop, they did. Had they not stopped, I simply would have taken the bottle from them and put it in a location they couldn’t reach. There’s no way I’d lose my temper over something like that. This is the reason I believe JH needs parenting classes/anger management.

I doubt he intended to leave marks on him, but his reaction of pushing him onto the couch with enough force to leave marks tells us at the very least he lost his cool. Over the kid spraying febreze. :|

My girls have had their moments of spraying too much air freshener/playing with it. I told them to stop, they did. Had they not stopped, I simply would have taken the bottle from them and put it in a location they couldn’ reach. There’s no way I’d lose my temper over something like that. This is the reason I believe JH needs parenting classes/anger management.

Well said, I don't think he said hey I am gonna hurt this child I doubt many people that strike children say that - they lose their temper and take it out on the child. Then justify their behavior. Very dangerous scenario for any child to be in. Children's voices should be heard and action taken when they say so and so hit me. If no one pays attention or accuses the child of not telling the truth eventually the child will stop speaking out. Makes no difference to me that the child was doing something he wasn't suppose to be doing it doesn't justify losing your cool and leaving marks on a child that are still there 3 hours later - that takes some force.

Ok, so we're giving JH a pass on child abuse now too? Seriously, everyone was/is furious that no one listened to Lucas when he said Emily was being mean to him and hurting him. We went through SEVERAL pages about how children need to be listened to and believed. These children are victims of the exact same environment, but since they're not pointing their fingers in the right direction, now it might not REALLY be abuse. The report that the dad filed said this wasn't the first time it had happened. I'm just not able to wrap my head around this at all to be honest.

Well said, I don't think he said hey I am gonna hurt this child I doubt many people that strike children say that - they lose their temper and take it out on the child. Then justify their behavior. Very dangerous scenario for any child to be in. Children's voices should be heard and action taken when they say so and so hit me. If no one pays attention or accuses the child of not telling the truth eventually the child will stop speaking out. Makes no difference to me that the child was doing something he wasn't suppose to be doing it doesn't justify losing your cool and leaving marks on a child that are still there 3 hours later - that takes some force.
BBM and JMO

I’m giving JH the teeniest, tiniest, most miniscule benefit of the doubt for now regarding his actions or lack thereof where it concerns Emily’s past treatment of Lucas. This situation with Emily’s boys is very different. As I bolded in Busylady’s thoughtful post above, marks that are still visible after three hours cannot be from merely pushing a child back on a couch. It would take quite a bit of force to leave marks like that. The boys are very fortunate to have a father who took decisive action!!

The situation in that house was not good. Neither Emily or JH appears to have much impulse control. Whether it’s from drug abuse, emotional problems or following the example of how they themselves were raised, there is no excuse. Children need to feel safe and loved. I don’t think any child in that house ever felt that safe or loved. Well, maybe baby M but somehow I doubt it.

I’m truly sick and tired of hearing these horror stories!

I don’t know that he is or not. I have accidentally hit my dog when I was going after a wolf spider here in Vegas. It’s the last thing I had intended and right after the spider was dead I immediately went to pisqualie to love on him. Could someone make an abuse case maybe. I was swinging to definitely murder a very big ugly spider running very fast. But probably not, but the accusation could be made.

(snipped for length)

You were going after a wolf spider and your dog got in the way. JH was going after a 6 year old and got him. That's like comparing accidentally hitting someone when you're backing out of a parking space, to aiming it at a crowd on the sidewalk. Looking at the household dynamics here, it is a FAR bigger stretch to assume JH wasn't abusive than to assume he was. Don't want to make assumptions at all? That's fine, but then maybe EG's abuse was also an accident, or maybe LH really was just super clumsy.

Re: Emily being on disability. I doubt it since in the court papers (shared in earlier threads) regarding child support for her two boys, it was stated she couldn't work and that Jonathon would pay some towards it if he had extra money after paying house bills, etc. If she was getting disability, child support would most likely be automatically deducted. I know some people on disability and their Child Support is garnished from their monthly checks. I assume it would be that way no matter what state a person lives in.
I’ll stake one of my own monthly SSDI checks on it.
There is no possible, absolutely:
No way Emily Ann-Marie Glass was drawing a disability check from the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member