Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The statement by DCF is that until the autopsy comes back with a finding of death cause by neglect or abuse, they aren’t releasing the records. They have no control over what the ME determines as far as COD or MOD.
The new law that requires the release of the records, if any exist, in the case of a death by abuse or neglect. This is a review of sorts, the show if and how the system broke down, who failed to see what is so obvious to us in hindsight. Which of course from the CINC case we already know a lot. It is also to help prevent farther deaths because now their work will be scrutinized in the case of a child death by abuse or neglect.
I hope so. But I'll believe it when children's dead bodies quit popping up.

Not in the suicide note.,David Marshburn mentioned EG. Told him about homeless guy spending the night in Nancy Graceinterview. Then again her spaced out fans on Nancy Grace actually named him.

Well know I am confused, I thought you were stating that EG was trying to frame JH for her death. I was responding that I didn't think she was trying to frame him if she left suicide notes.

If it is a rumor I apologize, I don't read anywhere else but here so I wouldn't of gotten it some place else. There were several people that went to the trial and posted here about it. If I am mistaken and it was a rumor posted here and I confused it with other post regarding the trial I apologize.
Sorry I totally didn’t mean it to come as a direct thing at you. If it sounded like that I sincerely apologise. There were a few posts. I maybe should have added IMO also :)
I was really trying to address the way she would have been able to stop that line of questioning.
I love reading everyone’s posts.

Ooops...I thought that but now I don't think so. I think JH just came home and found her. Sorry,between this back pain and the meds to help,I am in a daze.
I think I might have accidentally started that thought. When this was all breaking news, we all were posting fast with ideas etc. I suggested maybe a call or text got him over to the house. I think a couple posters agreed it made sense. I sometimes use words like “I think” “maybe” “could it have been”. I really really need to learn to add IMO it’s just sometimes it’s not really an opinion but a thought jumping out at that minute.

I still IMO think it makes the most sense but someone upthread has suggested a drop in after the pub - that is actually a really good thought.

Sorry for double post am catching up.
I agree with Wildcat about not giving voice to the 2 weirdos, I didn’t even listen to be honest and have no intentions. But I am finding it odd that almost a couple days later there has been no statements from family saying “who are these people and they don’t speak for us”. I literally do not know anything about EG family and they would be grieving themselves but surely they don’t agree with the oddity of that.

Also I wanted to add the statement released from JO and JH was absolutely a class act. Considering what EG put JO through, I felt it was incredibly classy.

ETA - sorry it’s only day later, I’m ahead so have timeframes mixed up here I think

I feel like her immediate family may be trying to simply stay above the fray and not involve themselves in the ramblings of the local meth heads. (I've said before that I feel dirty just reading notes from that podcast.) I believe they have been practicing some tough love for a long time... I mean she was homeless when she met JH, presumably because no one would take her in, no?

I'm not saying they didn't love her, or that they are not grieving right now. I'm guessing if they were indeed not willing to support her (financially and/or emotionally) because of her drug habits, they will forever question whether they could have done something differently. And that makes their grief even more difficult, IMO.

ETA: This is all in my opinion only. :)

Last edited:
District Attorney Marc Bennett said yesterday that he had not read the notes, but someone had read them to him. He said there was nothing in the notes that was dispositive.

So I had to look up the definition of dispositive:
dis··i·tive
dəˈspäzədiv/
adjective
  1. relating to or bringing about the settlement of an issue or the disposition of property.
    "such litigation will rarely be dispositive of any question"
    • LAW
      dealing with the disposition of property by deed or will.
      "the testator had to make his signature after making the dispositive provisions"
    • dealing with the settling of international conflicts by an agreed disposition of disputed territories.
      "a peace settlement in the nature of a dispositive treaty"
    • So in other words,it wasn't like a last will and testament OR did the DA mean something else?????

Per google dictionary:

“dis··i·tive
dəˈspäzədiv/Submit
adjective
relating to or bringing about the settlement of an issue or the disposition of property.
"such litigation will rarely be dispositive of any question"
LAW
dealing with the disposition of property by deed or will.
"the testator had to make his signature after making the dispositive provisions"
dealing with the settling of international conflicts by an agreed disposition of disputed territories.
"a peace settlement in the nature of a dispositive treaty"”

—scratching head
(Dying without my emojis here...still need to figure that one out on the new platform)
sorry I just asked about this....I really should read ahead before posting

I wonder how many other men she often had to stay overnight? Meth increases the sex drive massively and I can't see her being able to afford to pay for it, especially if she needed a gift card from OG to be able to go out to eat on that Friday. My mind keeps wondering if she traded sexual favours from men to get hold of the meth?

I've wondered this from day 4 or 5.
She had plenty of opportunity to sleep around as she liked... But Lucas was getting older. And he had been ill recently. I've always wondered if he woke up in the night and saw something he wasnt supposed to.

She never struck me as the faithful type, all meth aside. I dont know why. And there was that weird altercation where the cops were called, she and JH were fighting because she said she had been sexually assaulted. I cant shake the idea that she wasnt assaulted at all, he caught her in some act, and that was how she tried to spin it with him. Did he not believe her? I dont recall exactly now.

Also in yesterday's NG there was a slightly extended version of the "I did Lucas so wrong" recording, and some analysis from one of NG's guests who's an expert in body language and statement analysis. I couldn't catch all the words on the recording to tell whether NG's expert guest had the words exactly right but she respoke the words and explained how she would interpret them in statement analysis.

It included the words "I put him through hell", and NG's guest said that was referring to Lucas. It might be helpful to get a transcript of that section....
Do you have a timestamp? Even just a general time for that bit? I'll transcribe that piece happily, but I cant stomach listening to the whole podcast for it.

Eta - never mind, I see this has been covered.
And thats why you always read ahead.
:)

Last edited:
I would expect it's pretty easy to find in Wichita, as it is in most cities anymore, especially after hearing she struggled with usein before. She knew someone to call to get started again. And meth is cheaper than drugs like cocaine... substantially cheaper. And while she looked like a user, she didn't have a lot of the signs of a heavier user (scarring, scabs, etc), and my now recovered ex-roommate said once, you could get "feeling good", but not be so overboard you were an obvious user for under $100 a week. With 2 kids and a household to purchase things for, it wouldn't be exceedingly hard to funnel even $100 a week to that instead of groceries or household items.
Especially if she wasn’t properly feeding one of the kids. Sigh.

Has anyone ever been able to nail down a date for this possible sighting of Lucas?

Unknown date “days before he disappeared” Neighbor BA, who previously spoke with boy’s stepmother, Emily Glass, said she saw 5-year-old Lucas just days before he disappeared. “He came over with the little brother,” the neighbor said to KAKE at a prayer vigil for Lucas earlier this month. “I did shake Emily Glass’ hand. We discussed him coming over and playing with the dog.” Lucas Hernandez Update: Neighbor reportedly says she saw missing boy days before he vanished

KAKE Video: Vigil for Lucas Hernandez

This is just moo..I think that the boys' dad will get them counseling and share what he can and then add to it as the kids grow up. With the fact that they won't be exposed to JH & his loud talking any more,the children will be able to get into a more stabilized environment. Also, schools can be amazing places for these young children. They can get counselors for the kids,plus the teacher can approach her students with facts that they would understand. I had one student who had outbursts and meltdowns. The kids at the first grade level thought he didn't have a brain. When the child was out of the room,I sat them down and explained how some things overwhelm me. Then we had everyone participate with their own worries/concerns,then I brought the child's name into the discussion & explained how noises etc bother him. the class ended up befriended him and even shared their worries to him. It will be a difficult road,but I have hope for all the kids involved. I just wish JO could have been allowed more in Lucas' life. She would have saved him if she could have.

Bless you for going that extra step to better help his classmates understand his situation. ❤

Has anyone ever been able to nail down a date for this possible sighting of Lucas?

Unknown date “days before he disappeared” Neighbor BA, who previously spoke with boy’s stepmother, Emily Glass, said she saw 5-year-old Lucas just days before he disappeared. “He came over with the little brother,” the neighbor said to KAKE at a prayer vigil for Lucas earlier this month. “I did shake Emily Glass’ hand. We discussed him coming over and playing with the dog.” Lucas Hernandez Update: Neighbor reportedly says she saw missing boy days before he vanished

KAKE Video: Vigil for Lucas Hernandez

Leigh Egan, writing for CrimeOnline in the article where Leigh said that she couldn't find a confirmed sighting of Lucas after the 11th, she tried to contact that person and I think the article said that the person in question couldn't be contacted or didn't want to speak to a reporter? I can't remember the exact reason Leigh couldn't speak to BA.

Leigh Egan, writing for CrimeOnline in the article where Leigh said that she couldn't find a confirmed sighting of Lucas after the 11th, she tried to contact that person and I think the article said that the person in question couldn't be contacted or didn't want to speak to a reporter? I can't remember the exact reason Leigh couldn't speak to BA.
Neighbor BA reportedly told local news that she “shook hands with Glass” and met Lucas and his “little brother” days before the little boy disappeared. In an attempt to find out the exact day Austin allegedly saw Lucas and to clear up discrepancies regarding a little brother (Lucas had a younger sister only), CrimeOnline reached out to her for comment, but she wasn’t readily available.

When did Lucas Hernandez die? No reported confirmed sightings of the 5-yr-old since Feb. 11, a week before reported missing

At this moment... I kind of want to know. I have my speculations, but they are petty and snarky and I dropped them elsewhere.

Today... I'm still just stupified, distraught and so pissed off.

I kind of feel like I'm just posting nonsense because you all get it, to keep from going mental.

My tribe of weirdos. <3

Thank you for the earlier welcome. I appreciate it.BTW I love the, "My tribe of weirdos." LOL

I wonder if JH really told the police that on the 911 call or if the media is just speculating that is what was said.

Investigators say Lucas' father, who lived with Glass, called 911 around 1:45 a.m. and told police she committed suicide in a home in the 600 block of S. Edgemoor St., in Wichita.

Police: 3 suicide notes, rifle in home where Emily Glass found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member